019

You Can't Change Me

Kyungsoo smiled as Kai held Kyungsoo's hand. Kai looked at Kyungsoo, his heart was beating rapidly from the three words Kyungsoo said. He couldn't believe that Kyungsoo said it back.

Kai rested his head on Kyungsoo's lap as the older Kai's jet black hair making him sleepier.

"I love you too." Kyungsoo whispered as he took out the form and held a pen in his hand and started to write.

..........

"Kai, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Do you want to go back to Seoul?"

"Y-yeah, I mean I miss it. Why?"

"I'm just asking. How would you feel if you went back? Right now."

"Why are you asking me this. Am I going back?"

"I'm asking you, you might. You might not. So, what's the answer?"

"Well, I would be happy, and sad."

"Why sad?"

"I would be sad because you wouldn't be with me." Kai frowned. "Whats with the sudden questions about going back to Seoul? You're kinda scaring me."

"Maybe you're going back to Seoul, I don't know." Kyungsoo shrugged. "I mean, you're ready to go home anyway. You have no problems anymore."

"I don't? But, if I go, what about you?"

"I'll be staying here." Kyungsoo smiled painfully.

"No, I want you to come with me if I go."

"If I do, where would I go?"

"You'll be staying with me, of course, I don't want you to comeback to your abusive step parents."

"But, what about you dad? He's abusive."

"My mom told me she will handle things. Now, Kyungsoo. Are you sending me back to Seoul?"

"I, don't know."

Kai looked at Kyungsoo and crossed his arms.

"If I or we are, you better tell me. I'll bring you with me, no matter what it takes. I don't want you to be alone on this lonely island."

"But, I have Baekhyun and Chanyeol."

"You might, but where are they now? When was the last time they visited, Kyungsoo?"

"A few weeks ago." Kyungsoo frowned. "No need to be so harsh about it."

"I'm sorry, Kyungie. I just don't want you to feel alone in this island. That's why I'm taking you. Both of them can survive with just the two of them. I'm pretty sure they're pretty busy with each other."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right." Kai chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

'Am I really going back, Kyungsoo?' Kai thought as he squeezed Kyungsoo's shoulder.

'I'm sending you back, Kai. I've kept you here for too long, I want you to go back. You're ready to be with others.'

..........

"Kyungsoo, come here and take some vitamins." Kai said from the kitchen.

"Did you already take some?" Kyungsoo asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, here you go." Kai smiled as Kyungsoo took in the tablet.

"Kai, when did you get vitamins?"

"When Kris came by. Which I think was two weeks ago."

"Yeah, two weeks ago."

..........

A week ago....

"You think Jongin is ready to go back?" Kris asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Kyungsoo frowned.

"Won't you miss him?"

"Yeah, but it's for the best, am I right? I don't want to keep him here forever."

"Well, it's your decision. You're the one looking after him, when do you want me to come back and pick him up?"

"In a month. I don't want to shock him with the news about him going home."

"Okay, if you say so. I'll be here in a month, okay?" Kris said as Kyungsoo nodded. "You know, he cares about you."

"How do you know?" Kyungsoo replied.

"I just know, and it's pretty obvious you care about him too."

"I only care about him because he's my responsibility."

"Yeah, sure. It's obvious it's more than that, Kyungsoo. I'll see you in a month." Kris smiled as he the boat's engine and drove away leaving ripples in the water.

"I know Kris, I know I do." Kyungsoo whispered as he walked back to the house.

.........

"Why are you saying 'two weeks ago' like that?" Kai asked as he cocked his head to the side.

"No reason." Kyungsoo smiled as he went to his toes and ruffled Kai's hair. "No reason at all." Kyungsoo yawned. "Damn. these vitamins make me sleepy. What kind of vitamins are these?"

"Ordinary, healthy vitamins, what else?"

"Yeah? Can I see the bottle?"

"No." Kai panicked.

"Why not? Let me see the bottle." Kyungsoo urged as Kai held the bottle of anti-depressants behind his back.

"I'm about to throw them away, they're out."

"Kai, that bottle probably has like a hundred pills inside, and you're telling me it's out within just two weeks?"

"Yeah." Kai nodded nervously.

"Kai, let me see."

"No."

"What's wrong with seeing what brand of vitamins we have?"

"Nothing."

"Let me see."

"No."

"Fine." Kyungsoo frowned as he turned around and walked out the kitchen as Kai looked at the bottle of anti-depressants.

'I better cover this with something.'

While Kai was looking at the bottle it was snatched out of his hand.

'No!' Kai screamed in his thoughts as Kyungsoo held the orange bottle in his hands.

"Victory!" Kyungsoo grinned as he started to read the bottle, then he frowned. "A-anti-depressants? Kai, am I the only one taking this?"

"Y-yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kyungsoo yelled.

"I-I don't know, I'm sorry."

"Do you think I'm depressed?"

"Y-yes. Ever since you started to cut yourself. I'm sorry Kyungsoo." Kai replied as tears blurred his vision.

"Kai." Kyungsoo frowned as he handed the boy back the bottle and walked back to his room and locked the door behind him.

'Why did you see it. You shouldn't have saw it.'

Kai walked towards their or Kyungsoo's room.

..........

'Am I actually depressed?'

'I guess the signs have been showing lately.'

'It's because of you, Kai. You make me so sad knowing I can never have you.'

'I bet those three little words you said to me don't mean sh*t to you.'

'I mean everything I say, I love you. I just wish you loved me back and not Sulli.'

'But, I bet she's beautiful, she must've caught your attention. I wish I can get your attention.'

'Hah, like that will ever happen. You like pretty girls and I like, you.'

Kyungsoo sat in a corner hugging himself, until he heard knocks on the door.

"Kyungsoo." Kai said through the door. "Are you okay there? Kyungie?"

"I'm fine."

"Can you unlock the door?"

"No."

"Please? I want to talk."

"Say it through the door."

'Talking to you face-to-face makes me fall in love with your perfect, beautiful face.' Kyungsoo thought.

"Fine. Kyungsoo, the reason I gave you those pills because I didn't want you hurt."

"But, why though?"

"I don't want to see you passed out on the floor from cutting or harming yourself. Kyungsoo, you're really precious and delicate."

Kyungsoo sat there taking in Kai's words.

'He cares about me?'

"C'mon Kyungie, open the door please."

Kyungsoo stood up and walked towards the door and unlocked it. As he opened the door he saw Kai looking down at the floor.

"I opened the door." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Kyungsoo!" Kai yelled in joy as he pulled Kyungsoo into a hug. The older boy stood there enveloped in Kai's arms his eyes wide open from shock and joy. "I was worried about you. I don't want to leave you alone." Kai whispered as he dug his face into Kyungsoo's neck. "You worry me a lot Kyungsoo."

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo whispered as Kai let go of the older boy.

"No need to say sorry, Kyungie. You don't have a reason to, it's my choice if I want to worry about you or not. I choose to worry about you since I care about you."

"K-Kai." Kyungsoo stuttered. "I need to tell you something."

"What? Kyungsoo hyung, you're scaring me."

"You're going back-"

"Stop! Don't tell me I'm going back. I don't want to go back without you."

"Kai, you have to go back to Seoul."

"When?" Kai asked.

"In a week." Kyungsoo replied as Kai's heart sank.

"I'm leaving?"

"You're ready to go back home. You'll be reunited with your mom and g-girl friend." Kyungsoo answered.

"I-I am?" Kai frowned as Kyungsoo slightly nodded as tears blurred his vision.

"Yes you are."

--------------

So, what your guys think about this chapter? Please comment it encourages me to update ^^ Sorry if there's too much fluff and if some stuff keep repeating ._. but please commet/subscribe/upvote if you like the story..