014

You Can't Change Me

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see Baekhyun sleeping on his lap.

‘Oh, must’ve dozed off while I was talking to myself.’ Kyungsoo thought as Baekhyun opened his eyes and lifted his head up from Kyungsoo’s lap and stretched.

“Good morning Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo chuckled as he ruffled Baekhyun’s fur and stood up. “I guess I should check up on Kai and see how he’s doing.”

Kyungsoo walked towards the door and turned the knob and quietly walked out of his room towards the living room.

‘I hope Kai didn’t go back inside his tent though.’

As Kyungsoo arrived in the living room he saw Kai sleeping while his right arm was dangling to the side rested on Chanyeol’s back.

“I guess everyone fell asleep, right Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo smiled as Baekhyun walked towards Chanyeol and his friend- mate?

Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun yawning. Baekhyun looked towards the door as if he was saying something. But Chanyeol just nodded and followed Baekhyun who nestled Kyungsoo’s hand and walked out the door.

“I hope to see you soon Baekhyun, and Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo whispered as the two wolves disappeared into the forest.

He looked at Kai who was still peacefully sleeping. Kyungsoo walked towards Kai and rested his right hand on his forehead.

‘I guess I was too harsh to you about not talking to me.’ Kyungsoo frowned as he felt the warmth of Kai’s fever on the palm of his hand.

‘You still have a fever, but it’s not like before. The pill he took is working.’ Kyungsoo thought as he slowly took his hand off Kai’s forehead. As he took his hand off Kai scrunched his nose but went back to sleep.

‘I’ll get another towel and put it on your forehead again.’ Kyungsoo nodded to himself as he walked towards the kitchen and the faucet letting the cold water fill up the bowl needed for the towel. Kyungsoo stood there patiently waiting until he heard a grumble coming from his stomach.  ‘I forgot to eat breakfast, silly me.’ Kyungsoo thought as the cold water reach the rim of the bowl. He then dunked the towel and squeezed the excess water from the small towel and walked towards where Kai was resting.

He rested the damp towel on Kai’s burning forehead. As he put the towel on his forehead he started to hear Kai mumbling something.

‘Aww, he sleep talks.’ Kyungsoo chuckled to himself.

“Stop, go away.” Kai mumbled as Kyungsoo stopped chuckling at started to listen. “I know you hate me.”

‘What is he dreaming of.’

“I-I’m sorry.” Kai mumbled as tears started to roll down the corners of his eyes. “I hate you.”

‘Who does he hate? Why is he starting to cry?’ Kyungsoo thought as he used his thumb to wipe away the falling tears off Kai’s cheek. ‘He sure does speak clearly when sleep talking.’

Kyungsoo sat next to Kai and observed him for a while. While he watched him he rested his head on the palm of his hand as his eyes started to get heavier.

‘I’m getting kinda sleepy.’ Kyungsoo thought as he slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep.

……….

Kai felt something on his forehead.

‘What’s on my head?’ He thought as he moved his hand and touched the towel on his forehead.

‘Oh yeah, I have a fever.’ Kai thought as he opened his eyes. As he opened his eyes he couldn't’t see anything. The towel was covering his eyes. He slid the towel off his eyes and blinked and turned his head to the side. There he saw a sleeping Kyungsoo. ‘His hand must be numb since he’s sleeping like that.’ Kai thought as he sat up and felt his forehead.

‘My head isn’t that warm before, I kinda got better faster than before. It was probably because of that pill Kyungsoo gave me. It works great.’

He stared at the sleeping Kyungsoo.

‘He looks so peaceful, so delicate. Kyungsoo really is someone that is precious, he’s gets so emotional. That’s why he’s so precious. Precious to me.’

Kai smiled to himself and brushed Kyungsoo’s hair away from covering his eyes.

‘I just want to say, I love your big eyes, hyung.’

‘Can I really not talk to you anymore?’ Kai frowned to himself as he Kyungsoo’s hair while resting his head on the palm of his hand. ‘You know, I like talking to you. I never told anyone how I felt before, before I met you. I couldn’t even tell these things to Taemin.’

‘Some how, you’re different from the others, and I like that.’

Kai stopped Kyungsoo’s hair and just watched him.

After a while of watching Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo started to move his head and then slowly opened his eyes to see Kai staring at him.

“What are you looking at?” Kyungsoo mumbled as he yawned and stretched his arms.

“What were you looking at?” Kai asked Kyungsoo back and Kyungsoo just looked at him while his cheeks started to show a light red color.

“N-nothing, I just wanted to see if you were alright.” Kyungsoo replied. “I also put a towel on your head so you could cool off.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

“Wait, you’re talking to me, and I’m talking to you.”

“Yes, that’s right. What about it?”

“You told me I couldn’t talk to you, at all.” Kai grinned.

“Whatever Kai, but I started to talk to you, so whatever.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

‘Wow, I did start talking to him first.’ Kyungsoo thought. ‘But whatever, me talking to him make me happy.’

“Anyway, how are you feeling?” Kyungsoo asked to quickly change the topic.

“I’m okay, I’m feeling better.” Kai replied with a slight nod.

“Good, there’s progress. Do you want to eat anything?” Kyungsoo asked as he looked at his watch. “It’s already 6 o’clock. Wow time passes by fast.”

“Yeah, sure if your going to eat though.” Kai replied.

“Well I’m hungry as well. So I’ll cook some food and I’ll be right back.” Kyungsoo said as he walked towards the kitchen leaving Kai who was sitting on the couch.

Kai sat there bored and looked around and stood up while walking towards the kitchen where Kyungsoo was.

‘What if Kai sneaks up on me and hugs me.’ Kyungsoo thought to himself. ‘Hah, like that would ever happen.’

Kai started walking behind Kyungsoo slowly while Kyungsoo stood there unaware of what would happen.

“What you cooking?” Kai asked happily as he rested his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Oh Kai! You scared me!” Kyungsoo yelled with a chuckled. “What are you doing? You should be resting.”

“Fine, but you didn’t answer my question.”

“Fine, I’m cooking some chicken.” Kyungsoo replied. “Now will you rest?”

“No, I’m going to sit down on the dining table.” Kai answered as he walked towards the dining table and pulled a seat out.

“I guess that’s better than standing here.”

……….

“Kai, can I ask you a question?” Kyungsoo asked as he swallowed a piece of meat.

“Go ahead.”

“Have you ever dated?”

“Yeah, what's with the question?”

“I don’t know, I’m just curious.” Kyungsoo replied. “How many?”

“I don’t know, many.” Kai replied as Kyungsoo just nodded. “How about you?”

“No, never.” Kyungsoo replied. “Did you have a girl before you left a few weeks ago?’

“Yeah.”

“Really? What’s her name?” Kyungsoo asked as his voice cracked a bit from hearing Kai’s reply.

“Sulli.” Kai replied.

“Cute name.” Kyungsoo smiled half-heartedly.

‘Sulli, n-nice name.’ Kyungsoo thought as he felt his heart break.

“Yeah, can’t wait to see her again.” Kai smiled as he finished eating. “Why?”

“Nothing, just curious.” Kyungsoo replied as he quickly drank his glass of water.

‘I’m so stupid, he’s straight. Straight, like he will ever like me back. I’m so stupid.’ Kyungsoo thought as he clenched his fists.

“You alright?” Kai asked as Kyungsoo put down the glass of water.

“Yeah, just thirsty.” Kyungsoo replied as he picked up his bowl and put it in the sink. “I’ll just be in the bathroom okay? Just call me if you need anything.” Kyungsoo smiled as Kai nodded.

……….

Kyungsoo stood infront of the bathroom mirror and rolled up his sleeves seeing old scars from cutting himself.

‘I mean, I can always wear long sleeve shirts right?’ Kyungsoo thought to himself as he opened one of the drawers underneath the sink. ‘Hello my old friend, haven’t seen you in a while can you help me?’

Kyungsoo picked up the small sharp blade, he knew he shouldn’t be doing this, but it hurts so much just by knowing her name. He must love her a lot. His arm hovered over the sink as he slowly slid the blade on his white skin.

He continued until the red fluid stained the while sink. Kyungsoo smiled to himself and breathed.

“It’s going to be alright, Kyungsoo.” He whispered to himself until he heard a knock on the door.

“Hey Kyungsoo, are you okay?” Kai asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be out in a minute.” Kyungsoo replied as he washed the red liquid away from his arm and took out a gauze and wrapped his wounded arm and pulled down his sleeve.

“You sure you okay Kyungsoo?” Kai asked again.

“Yes, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo replied with a fake smile.

Kyungsoo was always the type of person that doesn’t normally tell others his feelings, especially if he’s hurt. His only way of having relief is watching red liquid pour out his white skin.

-----

AH! I feel so bad......Anyway hope you like this chapter.