026

You Can't Change Me

Kyungsoo stared at his new uniform on his bed. He was officially going to the same school Kai was.

"Hey." He heard someone say. He turned his head to see it was Kai lounging on the door frame. "You ready to start your first day of Junior year tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Kyungsoo simply said.

'I hope Joonmyeon goes there too.' Kyungsoo thought as he hung his new uniform in his closet.

"Before you finally start school let's go somewhere and hang out since we didn't really hang out yesterday." Kai frowned. "What about it? Sounds good?"

"Yeah." Kyungsoo nodded as he followed Kai out the door.

"Mom, we'll be going somewhere." Kai said as his mom just nodded.

"Don't come home late, you two are going back to school tomorrow." His mom stated as she typed on her laptop.

"Let's go Kyungie." Kai smiled as they walked outside and into the car.

"Where we going?" Kyungsoo asked as he rode shotgun and locked his seatbelt.

"Aracade!" Kai smiled as he started the car.

"Aracade? I don't remember what that is." Kyungsoo pouted.

"Don't worry Kyungie, you will have fun." The younger smiled as he started to drive.

..........

"We're here, finally." Kai smiled as he rushed out the car like a small boy.

"Calm down Jongin." Kyungsoo chuckled as he followed him.

"You're walking too slow Kyungie." Kai smiled as he held Kyungsoo's hand towards the aracade entrance. "I don't want to lose any time with you. Plus I want to make up the time we were supposed to spend together here."

'Is Sulli going to pop out of no where here and then I will see Joonmyeon here?' Kyungsoo thought as Kai pulled him towards a token machine. Kai put in twenty dollars and then forty tokens came out.

"Let's go!" Kai smiled as he grabbed Kyungsoo's hand towards a game.

"You haven't been to the aracade in a while, am I right?" Kyungsoo chuckled.

"How did you know?" Kai grinned as he put a coin the the machine.

"I just know things." Kyungsoo smiled as he looked at the game. "What do you do in this game? Is it multiplayer?"

"Yes, it's multiplayer Kyungie, now, you point the gun at the zombies. They are bad and you have to kill them, they will try to kill you."

"I think I know the concept Jongin, I don't think I've been away from Seoul in centuries."

"Oh yeah." Kai looked down embarassed.

"Hey, it's okay." Kyungsoo smiled as he poked Kai's cheek. "Let's play."

..........

"How are you doing there, Kyungie? You haven't moved away from this game in like an hour."

"It hasn't been an hour yet, Jongin. It's only been fifteen minutes." Kyungsoo replied as the machine made a loud beeping sound and then showing the words 'game over' on the screen. Kyungsoo frowned and stomped his right foot clearly irritated. "This game is too hard Jongin."

"No it's not. I beat this game last week." Kai chuckled. "See." He said pointing his name on the higscores list. "See KimJong right there? That's me." He smiled proudly.

"Good for you." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "I don't know how you managed to win this zombie game, but congrats I guess." He blinked then laughed. "I need help Jongin." Kyungsoo said as he batted his eyes.

"Don't look at me with those eyes, Kyungie." Kai chuckled as he covered Kyungsoo's eyes with his right hand and turned him around. "Let's start." He smiled as he moved Kyungsoo's hand on the game. "So, you have to be careful and not get too close when you're attacking them." Kai instructed as he put his hand around Kyungsoo's hands while he rested his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder making Kyungsoo blush from the sudden skinship.

"So kinda like this?" Kyungsoo asked as he pressed on the controller and attacked a zombie behind an abandoned building.

"Just like that." Kai smiled as he continued to guide Kyungsoo towards the end of the game.

..........

"You finally beat the game!" Kai smiled as he let go of Kyungsoo's hands making the latter's hand cold.

'His hands were warm and comforting.' Kyungsoo thought as he stared as the loading screen which would soon display the highscore board.

"I'm probably going to be last or something since I moved around too slow." Kyungsoo said as he heard a beeping noise.

"No you idiot, you're in fifth place. That's not bad." The younger smiled as he patted Kyungsoo's back.

"Yeah, but if it wasn't for you I would never have finished this game."

"I know right. I don't know what you would do without me." Kai said proudly as he puffed his chest out, earning a slap on the back of his head.

"You're too cocky, Jongin." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Geez sorry, Kyungie hyung." Kai batted his eyes while smiling.

"Whatever stupid." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Let's go play another game." He said as he walked away leaving Kai behind, still next to the game. "Aren't you coming with me?" Kyungsoo asked as he turned around and looked at Kai.

"No, I'm hurt Kyungsoo." Kai said as he put his hand on his chest. "My feelings are hurt."

"Shut up, Jongin." Kyungsoo half-heartedly smiled.

'You don't know how much you hurt my feelings.'

"Let's go then, Kyungie." Kai said as he ran behind Kyungsoo and started to play another game.

..........

"That was fun." Kai grinned as they started to walk towards the aracade entrance.

"Yeah, it was. I haven't played games in a while." Kyungsoo smiled as Kai suddenly stopped and turned his head.

"Look, there's a photobooth. We should take pictures." Kai exclaimed as he pulled Kyungsoo's hand with him.

"I look bad in pictures." Kyungsoo groaned as he was pulled by Kai.

"C'mon, we have to make memories." He replied. "We can just split the pictures in half and keep them to ourselves if you want." Kai smiled as Kyungsoo finally gave in.

They walked inside the photobooth after Kai inserted five dollars. As they walked inside the booth only had one spot, it was probably a selfie photobooth or something.

"Oh, it only has one spot, better get out." Kyungsoo said as he stepped out but felt Kai pull his arm back.

"No, you are not leaving." He said as he pulled Kyungsoo inside and patted his lap. "That's why you're sitting on my lap Kyungie."

"W-why do I have to sit on your lap?" Kyungsoo stuttered as his face turned red from Kai's suggestion.

"I don't know, c'mon. It's not like we're strangers. You're my best friend. Now sit." Kai said as Kyungsoo awkwardly sat down on the younger's lap. As he sat down he felt Kai's arms wrap around his waist as he pressed a few buttons. "Okay, the pictures will be taken in a few seconds." Kai announced as he wrapped Kyungsoo's waist with both of his arms.

After the pictures Kyungsoo instantly stood up and stepped out the photobooth trying to get some cool air to lessen the redness from his face.

"That was fun." Kai chuckled as he stepped out while the pictures were in his hand. "Your face is so red in these pictures." He smiled as he showed Kyungsoo. "You look adorable." He laughed as he ripped the picture and gave the other half to Kyungsoo. "So now I have five while you have five. Good thing the booth took ten pictures, right?" Kai smiled as Kyungsoo slowly nodded as he stared into the pictures he had.

'I think I make it too obvious that I'm embarassed and shy around him sometimes.' Kyungsoo thought.

'He looks adorable blushing. It's so obvious. Is he blushing because of me? Hmmm...'

..........

Kai and Kyungsoo split ways as they went to their own rooms to get ready for bed.

Kyungsoo started to change then he noticed the uniform in his closet. To be honest, he was nervous. He didn't know if he was going to make friends or not. He wasn't sure if he should stick with Kai either, so he didn't know what to expect really. But hopefully it would be a good first day, right?

"Kyungie." He heard Kai groan from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, door's open." Kyungsoo replied.

'Wow, never expected to actually say that to someone. Ever.' Kyungsoo chuckled to himself as he heard the door open and then the creaking sounds of the bed to someone getting on it. He turned around and saw Kai in a pair of pajama pants and a white wife beater.

"I'm tired." Kai yawned as he pushed away an extra pillow and covered his head with another pillow since there were two.

"Then go to bed stupid!" Kyungsoo chuckled as he threw the other pillow at Kai's head which made the younger look up at him and stare. Kai looked at him for a while then stuck his tounge out as he covered his head under the pillow. "Do you want to sleep here?" Kyungsoo asked as he walked towards Kai. "Hey." He poked the boy until he heard some slight snoring. "Are you sleeping already?"

"Shut up, Kyungie." Kai mumbled as he sat up and crawled under the covers.

"Guess you are." Kyungsoo chuckled as he got under the covers with Kai. "Hey, you better wake us both up for school tomorrow."

"Yeah, I will." Kai mumbled. "Night."

"Night." Kyungsoo smiled as he turned off the lamp near his bed.

Kyungsoo laid there staring at Kai's sleeping face. He looked beautiful, it was like when he looked at Kai all his problems faded away. He would only focus on the person he loved. With this, he also felt safe.

..........

"Mom, don't leave me." Kyungsoo cried as tears rolled down his cheeks to his mother's face.

"Be a good boy, okay Kyungsoo? Take care." She smiled sadly. "I love you."

"Mom, don't leave me with him! I'm begging you. I love you mom, don't leave me. Please."

"I love you." She whispered one more time.

..........

"Hey, aren't you that kid who's mom died and has a abusive dad or some sh*t?" Luhan asked with a smirk on his face. Kyungsoo looked down and clenched his fists. "You are, aren't you?" He chuckled evily.

"If I am, why would you care?" Kyungsoo said as he clenched his fists tighter.

"Well, that means you have a ed up life. People like you don't belong here. Here we are loved, you're weird." Luhan replied harsly.

Kyungsoo snapped.

"You know what, Luhan, you, you and your perfect life. I don't care if my life isn't perfect. Atleast I know I'm not a stuck up snob like you!" Kyungsoo yelled. "So you better shut up or else. You better stop talking sh*t about people and keep your mouth shut!"

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it?" Luhan said as he looked down at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo looked at Luhan with piercing eyes. He was throwing knives at him.

"You know what I would do?" Kyungsoo said as he punched Luhan across the face. There was blood on his knuckles. Blood was rolling down Luhan's mouth.

"You little son of a b*tch!" Luhan yelled as he wiped off the blood.

"Do Kyungsoo!" The principal said. "Come to the office. Luhan, go to the nurse's office."

..........

"You little bastard! I let you go to school to learn and all you do it beat up another student?" His dad yelled as he smacked Kyungsoo on the face. "How will you ever learn?" He sighed as he cracked his knuckles.

"It's because of you." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Are you trying to act like a badass now?" His dad asked as he shoved Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"No." Kyungsoo replied as he clenched his fists.

"Better not be!" HIs dad yelled as he hit Kyungsoo.

The boy stood there tears blurring his vision.

..........

Kai looked at Kyungsoo who had tears running down his cheeks.

"Kyungie." He whispered but Kyungsoo's tears only kept falling. He moved his hand towards Kyungsoo's cheek and wiped away the tears with his thumb causing Kyungsoo to wake up.

"Hey." Kyungsoo sniffled.

"Why are you crying? Having nightmares?" Kai asked worried.

"Kinda, I guess." Kyungsoo frowned. "Sorry."

"It's okay." Kai smiled assuringly. "You wanna tell me what happened? Do you still remember?"

"Well, what happened in my dream is actually a memory." Kyungsoo sniffled.

"Oh, but are you okay? Do you want to tell me?"

"No, it's okay. We have school. We should go back to sleep. I'll tell you next time."

"It's okay, you can tell me now." Kai smiled as he looked at Kyungsoo. "You can tell me anything."

After Kyungsoo told Kai about his dream Kai frowned as formed his lips into a line.

"We should go back to sleep. Remember, I'm here. So you're okay, okay?"

"Okay, Jongin." Kyungsoo nodded as Kai and Kyungsoo slept facing each other.

..........

Kyungsoo and Kai woke up at the same time that morning.

"We're finally going to start school Kyungie. How was your sleep?"

"It was, okay. I guess the memory didn't appear again so I guess that's good." Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Well atleast something, right?" Kai smiled as both of them sat up. "I'll see you in a few. We better get ready for school." He said as he stretched and left Kyungsoo in the room.

Kyungsoo walked towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. He then got ready for school, his hair was still a bit damp but it would have to do. HIs bangs covered part of his eyes, but what was important was that he wasn't late to school, and that he was ready to go.

"Jongin! Kyungsoo is already finished with getting ready for school. Hurry up!" Kai's mom said as Kyungsoo sat down on the couch clutching his new black jansport backpack already set.

"Okay, I'm finished." Kai said as he walked downstairs. His hair was styled, his bangs were up. He looked good. "C'mon Kyungie." He smiled as he slung his backpack over his shoulder and grabbed the car keys. "See you later mom." He said as he walked out the door.

"Bye." She smiled. "Bye Kyungsoo, have a good first day, alright?" She smiled as Kyungsoo smiled back shyly and walked out the door following Kai inside the car.

"Let's go!" Kai smiled as he started the car and drove towards the school.

..........

Kyungsoo stared out the window and watched as they passed a dozen buildings until they arrived at the school.

"We're here." Kai announced as Kyungsoo's breath hitched. It was time.

'I don't want to be here.'

"Let's go. I still remember the classrooms. So I'll take you to your classes and show you around."

"O-okay, thanks." Kyungsoo smiled as they got out the car.

"Let's see your schedule."

"Hmm..we have two classes together. The classes are P.E and History." Kai grinned. "We have classes together."

"Yeah, yes we do." Kyungsoo smiled as Kai started walking him around the school.

..........

"Here's Calculus."

"Oh." Kyungsoo mumbled everytime after Kai told him which class it was.

"Jonginnie!" A girl said. Kyungsoo turned his head around and swallowed his saliva, it was Sulli.

Sulli hugged Kai and kissed him on the cheek.

"I missed you already."

"It's only been a day." Kai scoffled.

"I'm sorry for missing you for a few months."

"Sorry Sulli." Kai pouted.

"It's okay, by the way. I have to show you something." She smiled as she looked at Kyungsoo. "Oh, hi Kyungsoo. I'm glad to know that you go to the same school as us." She said painfully.

"Yeah, I'm glad too." Kyungsoo nervously chuckled as he fiddled his hands. An action Kai didn't fail to notice.

"Anyway, I'll just finish showing Kyungsoo around, if that's okay with you." Kai said.

"But, I have to show you something. It won't take long." Sulli smiled innocently as she tugged on Kai's sleeve.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes then looked at Kyungsoo. "I'll see you in a bit, okay?" He said as Kyungsoo nodded

"Yeah, okay. See you." Kyungsoo mumbled as he turned around fiddling his fingers as Kai was pulled away watching Kyungsoo's back getting further away.

..........

"Here's my locker." Kyungsoo mumbled to himself. So far he didn't see Joonmyeon yet, so maybe he didn't go to this school.

Kyungsoo put his things inside his locker while hearing another locker open and then close.

"K-Kyungsoo?" He heard someone say. He turned his head and his eyes widened.

----------------

Wassup yo~ lol hope you like this chapter. It's longer than usual. If you like this story please comment/upvote it you like it

Anyway, I hope you guys know about the ferry sinking in Korea. It's so sad. Like I saw on tumblr students were texting their families on how scared they were and that they loved the That was really heartbreaking you guys TnT

But while I'm here talking about that other Exotics are complaining about how they don't care about the people/students that have gone missing or have passed away, Also that they only care about EXO's 'Overdose.' I mean it's a painful wait but we know it's going to be released but what about the students? Some were exotics too. I don't want to rant about this but I just think it's sad TnT

Enough of this, here's a pic ^^

16asd92.png  07c70411a278ad10a1bd159fd0157f4a.jpg

They look dumb and cute still