021

You Can't Change Me

"Kyungsoo." The older boy heard a familiar voice echo in his mind. "Kyungsoo hyung, wake up."

"Give me five more minutes." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Kyungie, we have an hour to get ready."

"Okay." Kyungsoo mumbled as he opened his eyes to be greeted by Kai's face. "Oh, Kai, how did you get there?" He asked still dazed from waking up.  

"I don't know." Kai chuckled as Kyungsoo finally realized Kai was on top of him. Well, he was underneath Kai's body. "Wake up." He smiled as he got off Kyungsoo and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

'It's time to go already.' Kyungsoo thought as he stretched and looked around. 'I'll miss this place, a lot. So many memories, good and bad.'

'How will things play out with Sulli in the picture now, well back in the picture.'

'It's always been me and Kai for the past few months. Kai is a good boy, he's every loyal and caring. Will he stop talking to me while Sulli is now with him?'

..........

Kai stepped into the shower letting the running water from the shower roll down his skin.

'I can't believe we're actually leaving today.' He thought as he ran his fingers through his hair.

'How will things turn out?'

'Will everything be the same with me and Sulli?'

'I love Sulli, but, something is making me lose my love for her.'

'I'm starting to love him as well.'

Kai stood underneath the shower as he thought to himself.

'How do I really feel about Kyungsoo?' Kai thought as he turned off the shower and stood there as the drops of water dripped from his black hair.

'Why do things have to be so complicated?'

The boy stepped out the shower and wrapped the towel around his waist and looked at himself in the mirror.

'Who knew you can change so much for someone. Everything about you changes.'

..........

Kai turned around and turned the doorknob to be greeted by Kyungsoo who laid out their clothes on their bed.

"Hey." Kyungsoo said with his doe eyes that seemed to have water threatening to fall.

"Kyungie, are you okay?" Kai asked a he walked behind Kyungsoo and hugged him. His bare chest touching Kyungsoo's back made the older blush.

"Y-yeah, I'll just really miss this place. So much has happened."

"I know, it's going to be alright."

"This was the place where I actually felt safe from people like my dad." Kyungsoo sniffled. "What is something happens? What if my parents find out I'm back from this island? What if they put me back into their grasp." Kyungsoo cringed.

"They won't." Kai whispered. "I won't let them." He assured Kyungsoo as he rested his head on the older's shoulder. "But if they do, which isn't likely, I'll do everything in my power to stop them from taking you away from me."

"R-really?" Kyungsoo stuttered as Kai nodded and hummed.

With Kai humming the vibrations sent chills down Kyungsoo's spine, but it was also comforting to him.

"Now go get ready." Kai said as Kyungsoo nodded as he rapidly walked towards the bathroom his face red from remembering Kai behind him.

Kyungsoo quickly peeled off his clothes and quickly took a shower trying to wash away his worries about going back. He knew he had to face his fears eventually and that he had to trust Kai.

..........

Kyungsoo walked out and saw Kai already finished while his hair was still damp. His bangs were covering half of his right eye.

'Damn, he looks hot.' Kyungsoo thought as he bit his bottom lip.

"Hi." Kai smiled as he looked at Kyungsoo.

"H-hey." Kyungsoo replied as he snatched his clothes from the bed and locked himself in the bathroom. He heart beated faster more than usual. That was pretty embarassing to him. After Kyungsoo slipped on his pants he looked around to see his left his shirt outside on the bed. "Stupid." He mumbled as he opened the door a little just  enough to see his shirt on the bed.

'I need my shirt.' He thought to himself as he opened the door wider and walked out.

"You forgot your shirt." Kai chuckled as Kyungsoo nodded and picked his button up shirt and slipped it on his shoulders.

He slowly, one by one buttoned up the buttons with shaky hands.

"Let me help you with that." He heard Kai as he felt Kai's arms snake around his waist and button the buttons from the bottom.

"You don't have to." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Well, oh well." Kai replied as he continued to button the shirt. As he buttoned the shirt his fingers would often touch Kyungsoo's milky skin. This continued on for a while. "There you do. Finished." Kai smiled.

"T-thank you." Kyungsoo smiled as he turned around and looked at the time to see they had a fifteen minutes left. "We should probably eat something." He said as he walked towards the kitchen where he made sandwiches last night.

"Thanks Kyungie." Kai smiled as he started to eat the sandwich.

..........

The two boys finally finished their breakfast until they heard a knock on the door. Both of them walked towards the door to see it was Kris.

"Hey you two." Kris smiled. "You guys ready?"

"Yes sir we are." Kai smiled as he looked at Kyungsoo.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo added as the three boys each picked up a box and dropped it off at the boat.

After a few minutes they were finished.

"C'mon, let's go to Seoul." Kris smiled as Kai entered the boat leaving Kyungsoo standing on the dock.

"Kyungsoo? Come over here." Kai said as Kyungsoo stood there shaking. "I'll help you." He smiled as he held his hand out for the remaining boy.

"O-okay." Kyungsoo stuttered as he hopped in the boat with the help of Kai. "Thank you." He smiled as Kris started the engine.

"You two better get comfy there. It's going to be a long ride." He said as the two boys nodded and found seats next to each other.

..........

While the two boys sat next to each other they were telling each other jokes and sometimes whispering things to each others each that would make one or both of them have reddened cheeks while Kris drove. What they didn't know was that Kris was eavesdropping in their conversations. He would look back and see them holding hands and smiling. He knew there was something up, you couldn't deny it. Not one bit.

'I told Kyungsoo that he cared about Kai, and Kai cared about him. Their relationship with each other is obviously more than friends. I would never act like that with a friend of mine. I knew, it. They're into each other, and they shouldn't deny it.' Kris thought with a grin as he looked back one more time to see the two boys have fallen asleep.

As they slept Kyungsoo's head was on Kai's shoulder while the owner slept on Kyungsoo's head.

'Aww, they look adorable.' Kris smiled as he continued to drive towards Seoul which was a few miles away.

                                                                                                                                                  ..........

"Hey, you guys." Kyungsoo heard. "We're in Seoul." He heard someone faintly say. He slowly opened his eyes to see Kris. "Kyungsoo, Kai, we're here." He said as he saw Kyungsoo had already woken up. "Good morning sleeping beauty." He chuckled as he walked away leaving Kyungsoo awake while Kai still slept.

"Jongin." Kyungsoo mumbled as he poked Kai's cheek.

"Mhmmm.." Kai mumbled as he moved his head and rested it on Kyungsoo's lap.

"C'mon Jongin. Time to wake up. We're here." Kyungsoo chuckled then suddenly frowned.

'We're in Seoul.' He thought to himself as nervousness grew in the pit of his stomach. He wished they didn't arrive yet.

"Kai, wake up." He said sternly as he hovered his face over Kai's sleeping face. "Kai!" Kyungsoo yelled as Kai's head shot up while his lips brushed against Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips.

'Our lips touched.' Kyungsoo thought.

"S-sorry." Kai said while his face reddened.

"It's okay." Kyungsoo mumbled his face turning red as well. Their lips touched. They never had that much contact before. "Well, we're here." He said as Kai sat up.

"Yeah, let's go." He stretched and stood up digging is hands into the front pockets of his jeans. "C'mon." He mumbled as he walked off the boat with Kyungsoo following behind him.

As the two boys got off the boat Kyungsoo looked for his phone. "Umm..I'll be right back. I left my phone in the boat." Kyungsoo said as Kai nodded.

"I'll be in the bathroom." He said as Kyungsoo walked towards the boat and found his phone on one of the chairs.

"Kyungsoo." He heard someone say that shocked him. "I saw you two."

"What did you see, Kris." Kyungsoo asked as he turned around to face Kris who's arms were crossed.

"You. Two. Kissed." Kris replied.

-------

What you guys think? They kissed, well kinda! hehe comment what you think please. Plus, if you like this story so far, please, subscribe/comment/upvote I'd really appreciate it. Plus, I'm working on another Kaisoo fanfic called 'Machine" but it's a scifi genre. Hope you support that one too ^^ ♡