013

You Can't Change Me

The two boys sat there as the older boy fed the younger while the two wolves sat there watching the two practically bonding.

“I can do it by myself.” Kai mumbled as he chewed on a piece of meat.

“I know you can.” Kyungsoo replied as he fed Kai another spoon of porridge. “But you’re sick, and right now, I feel generous.”

“But still.” Kai pouted.

“Are you pouting?” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Me pouting? Shut up, Kyungsoo.” Kai rolled his eyes.

“You know, you keep changing personalities.” Kyungsoo frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“First you’re cold and mean, and the next thing you’re all nice and stupid.”

“You’re calling me stupid?” Kai asked shocked.

“No, it’s just you’re acting all cute and that’s stupid.” Kyungsoo replied as he bit his bottom lip.

‘Why did I say about him acting all cute? I mean it’s his fault for acting like it, right?’ Kyungsoo thought.

“Oh, so you think I act cute?” Kai smirked. “Well, if you say I am, I am.” Kai said cutely as he batted his eyes.

‘Wow, way to go Jongin.’ Kai thought as he mentally facepalmed himself.

“Yeah, I guess you do. Right guys?” Kyungsoo looked back at the two wolves who were lying down on the floor just watching the two young boys.

“Whatever Kyungsoo.” Kai rolled his eyes.

“Here, last one.” Kyungsoo announced as he fed Kai the last piece of meat.

“Thanks, did you eat yet?” Kai asked.

“No, I almost forgot about that.”

“You should eat, unless you want to be like me. Having a fever and such.”

“No thank you. But I’m perfectly healthy.” Kyungsoo said head up high.

“Psh, for now you are.” Kai replied as Kyungsoo handed him a glass of water.

“Okay, now you’re done eating you should get some rest.”

“But I just woke up.” Kai replied.

“Yeah, but watch within a minute you’ll be asleep.” Kyungsoo grinned.

“Whatever, believe what you want.”

“Mhmm, I’ll be right back.” Kyungsoo said as he picked up the bowl and walked towards the kitchen.

‘Yeah, I’ll be asleep.’ Kai thought as he looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were using each other as pillows.

“Is this guy your mate or something?” Kai asked Baekhyun who just cocked his head to the side and stared at Kai.

‘He’s throwing daggers with his eyes I bet.’ Kai thought as he turned his head and looked at the other wolf who had a much more softer stare.

"What’s your name buddy?"

“Chanyeol.”

“What the hell? You talk!” Kai yelled as he sat up with widened eyes.

“No, that was me dummie.” Kyungsoo replied as he stood next to Kai. “His name is Chanyeol.”

“Oh.”

“You were looking at him, so I thought you wanted to know his name. So, his name is Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo grinned.

“I got shocked there, did you name him?”

“Yes sir, I did.”

“Why Chanyeol? Did he come up to you and steal bacon too?” Kai snickered.

“No, he’s really hyper, so Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Okay then, but why Chanyeol?”

“Well, you see-“

“You know what? Nevermind about why, nice name.”

“Okay then. Well Kai, you better get some sleep. But first you have to take this pill.” Kyungsoo said as he handed Kai a small white pill and a bottle of water.

“Are you trying to kill me?” Kai asked.

“No, that’s just medicine for fevers, if I tried to kill you and succeeded I would never forgive myself.” Kyungsoo answered. “Well, I almost did kill you.”

“When was that?”

“You know, when you drowned.” Kyungsoo pouted.

“Well I’m alive now, plus if it-“ Kai stopped. “Wasn’t for you, I would’ve never been alive.”

“Yeah, but still. I feel so gulity, I’m sorry Kai.” Kyungsoo said as his vison started to blur.

“You’re such a crybaby.” Kai hissed.

“I-I am not.” Kyungsoo argued.

“Yes you are, plus, I think it would’ve been better if you didn’t even save me. You wouldn’t have had to take care of me and such. You could just tell my parents that it was an accident. I slipped and fell into the water.”

“Why would you say that? That’s horrible, I would never.” Kyungsoo yelled.

“Why is that? No one cares, I mean I have no friends, I don’t have parents that actually care about me.” Kai replied as his own vision starting to get blurry.

“I care.” Kyungsoo whispered. “I’m you friend.”

“You’re my friend? Kyungsoo, I know you’re just doing this because it’s your job. No need to pity me.”

“Why are you saying that?” Kyungsoo replied as tears fell from the corners of his eyes.

“I just don’t think you have to help me, you’re forced to. I know, no need to keep secrets.”

“You know what? You’re the one actually giving pity. I’m here helping you, you know why?”

“Why?”

“Because I care about you, I don’t want you to die!” Kyungsoo yelled.

“But-“

“I care about you Jongin! I don’t care if you’re going to get mad at me for calling you your name but I want you to know I care about you! If I didn’t even care about you I would’ve never helped you when you drowned or for example right now, I would never have fed you, I might as well give you to other wolves to eat you up.” Kyungsoo yelled as tears of anger instead of sadnesss fell down his cheeks.

‘Kai, you don’t know how special you are to me. I don’t want you to die. I know this sounds selfish, but I want you to be here with me, I want you to stay with me. You don’t know how much I’ve actually fallen for you for the past two weeks you’ve been here.’

Kai observed the boy crying as tears were threatening to fall.

‘I never knew you cared so much about me. You’re the one that actually understands me. You don’t know how much you mean to me, we’ve bonded so much the past few weeks.’

“I’m-“

“Don’t even talk to me, I don’t want to hear you say that you want to die or anything like that!” Kyungsoo yelled as he went to his room and slammed the door behind him.

Kyungsoo sat down on his bed and crossed his arms as tears fell down his cheeks.

‘If only you knew how much you mean to me. I don’t want to loose you at all.'

……….

“I don’t know what to say anymore.” Kai sighed as he covered his face with his left arm as his right arm dangled on the floor. He laid there until he felt a on his hand. Kai lifted his arm to see it was Chanyeol his hand.

“Oh hi Chanyeol.” Kai smiled slightly as Chanyeol nestled against hi hand. “You’re just like my dog, Monggu. He was my best friend.”

Kai smiled as he petted Chanyeol’s soft brown fur.

“Wait, where did Baekhyun go?” Kai asked as he looked around and saw him scratching Kyungsoo’s door.

“Oh, nevermind. Hey Chanyeol, why am I spilling out all these feelings to Kyungsoo? I just spilled everything out to him, I never tell anyone how I feel. I always keep my emotions to myself.”

……….

Kyungsoo sat in his room sniffling until he heard scratching on his door. He walked towards the door and slowly opened the door to see Baekhyun sitting in front of the door patiently.

“Hi Baekhyun, come in.” Kyungsoo smiled as he opened the door wider.

Baekhyun walked inside Kyungsoo’s room and laid down next to the bed.

“Where’s Chanyeol? He’s always with you.” Kyungsoo asked as he sat down on the floor next to Baekhyun and petted his grey fur. Kyungsoo continued to pet Baekhyun’s fur while Baekhyun rested his head on Kyungsoo’s lap.

“You know, until now even thought you come and go you never fail to give me company.” Kyungsoo whispered as he rested his head back on the bed.

“Baekhyun, can I ask you a question? Why am I starting to fall for him? Why do I care so much for that boy?” Kyungsoo sighed as Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo and his hand. “Is that a yes?”

‘Maybe it is a yes, but I don’t know why I keep falling deeper for that young boy, he's so perfect in my eyes. He’s beautiful, I know he’s only defensive because he just needs someone to undertstand him and I think I’m starting to understand him more.’

-----

Hope you like this chapter, so....Stuff is happening with Kyungsoo and Kai in this story..Will they be friends again? Lol, trying to put in some suspense? I don't know lol.