Chapter 15

Blind Love

 

"That was you?" Jaehyo asked. "That girl?"

"I remember that moment. I didn't know that it was you at the time, but I guess it's fate."

"Don't tell me your father is a middle school teacher too." he joked.

"Um...well...Okay I won't." She said.

He just stared at her, blinking.

"W-what?"

"You told me not to tell you!~" ______ laughed.

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"No, I'm not kidding. My Appa, Choi Daehyun, he's a middle school history teacher."

"Hmm..." Jaehyo was so speechless. "L-let's not tell him about last night."

"I wasn't planning to." she giggled. "You suddenly feel so tense Oppa, Relax."

Later that night she was having dinner with her parents.

They were talking about the surgery and the preparations.

"Oh yeah...Abeoji." TOP said. "______ has a new boyriend!"

"Oppa!!"

"You do?" their father said looking at her.

"Yeah...I do. You have met him before though, Appa."

"I have? When?"

"He was your student before...the one that used to help you with your work."

"Oh...Ahn Jaehyo?!"

"Yes! You remember him?!" she said excitedly.

"Of course, for a boy who lost both parents at a young age. He was surprisingly kind and helpful."

______ smiled.

“He’s been through a lot.”

“He was such a good looking kid too.”

“Well after his accident…Jaehyo Oppa’s confidence went way down.” She said softly as she awkwardly pushed her food around her plate. “I wish he could be confident.”

“I heard about that accident. All throughout his high school years, he still stopped by to help me out.”

“Really?” she said. ‘Even as the playboy Ahn Jaehyo, Jaehyo Oppa found a way to be a good person.’

“Mhm…He came to help me type up report cards and grade papers all the time. I heard about his reputation in high school though.” Mr. Choi said.

“Okay…yeah it’s true he had a bit of a reputation but I trust him Appa. I really do.”

“Well if while he was making that reputation he still did those things to help me out. That means something. It’s confusing but why would someone waste their time being nice like that if they didn’t feel like it was right.”

They spent some time talking about Jaehyo.

 “Jaehyo Oppa, has a problem when talking.”

“I remember people had to always tell him to shut up or he’d never stop talking.”

“He’s still like that…seriously he will go on forever.”

Suddenly, her phone started to ring.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Yah! Blindy!~ Are you talking about me?!~”

“Jaehyo Oppa…how did you…” she asked with a confused expression on her face.

“My ears are burning…and I’m randomly sneezing. Why are you talking about me?! It better not be bad! Why would you be saying bad things about me anyway? I know you love me. Ah…that’s it!~ you’re talking about me because you miss me so much right now, hmm? What are you saying?” Jaehyo babbled.

______ could hold back her laugh.

“Exactly that…”

“Exactly what?” he whined.

“Your inability to stop talking once you get started.”

“Y-yah…I can stop talking whenever I want to…I just choose not to.” He scoffed.

“Ooh!~ Why so defensive?!~” she teased.

“Yah! Blindy! Are you sure you aren’t there talking crap about me?”

“I can’t promise that…”

“What?! YAH!”

“I’m just kidding!!!~ It’s all good stuff, I promise.” She giggled.

“Okay…I believe you. So who are you telling these things ,about me, to?”

“Oh um…Seunghyunnie Oppa decided to open his mouth and told Appa about us.”

“A-about us?” he panicked. “W-what did he say about us? N-not t-the part right?”

______ turned away to hide her pink tinged cheeks.

“No! I wouldn’t tell him that…” she whispered. “I don’t want a dead boyfriend.”

“Oh…Okay…good.” Jaehyo said and breathed a sigh of relief. ‘I don’t want to be dead either. I used to…but, now, not so much.’

“I’m sorry did your burning ears wake you from your beauty sleep?”

“Yes!~ I need it you know?!” he  whined. “If I don’t get my sleep I’m grumpy…”

“You sleep about seventy-five percent of the day!” she giggled.

“Not since I met you…I’m lucky if I get fifty percent!”

“You weirdo…that’s half of the day!~” She scolded. “You can’t sleep halfway through the day.”

“Of course I can!~~” He argued in a childish tone. “I can dedicate half of the day to sleeping and the other half of the day can be for my Blindy.”

“Okay that’s kind of cute but still you’re such a lazy Oppa. Go to sleep so I can talk crap about you.”

“YAH!! You better not! Or the next time I see you I will make you pay.”

“Jaehyo Oppa…you fail at being scary, so stop trying and just give up already! Spare yourself the time wasted by your pathetic attempts and just go to sleep!~” She laughed. “GOSH! Give me my bowl back!”

“No way! I’m keeping it! Good night! Saranghae!~”

“Na do…Saranghae lazy .”

They spent the next 3 weeks doing a lot of dating.

That time went by really fast.

Jaehyo knew that it was getting closer to the day of her surgery.

His confidence was getting lower.

She could sense him pulling away and becoming more distant.

He watched her sleep next to him.

‘What the hell is wrong with me? Even after that amazing love making session we just had…I still feel like I’m not good enough for her.’ he thought. ‘The closer we get to her surgery date, the more insecure I get.’

He laid down and closed eyes, trying to get to sleep.

‘Aish!!!!!~’

______ snuggled closer to him.

“Jaehyo Oppa…”

‘Damn…was I being to loud?’ he thought. “I’m sorry…Did I wake you?”

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing, I just…I can’t sleep.”

“You, of all people, can’t get to sleep? Maybe you slept too much during the day. Is something on your mind?”

“No…” he lied. ‘Just the fact that there’s only a day left before your surgery…’

“Are you sure that you’re okay?”

“Mm…I’m okay…Do you know, how much I love you?” he whispered. “Have I told you?”

“Mhm…All the time, but I never get tired of hearing you say it.” She said with a smile.

“Well, I do, I love you.” He said, softly kissing her lips.

She smiled against his lips and kissed him back.

“Mm…I love you…so much.” She said running her fingers through his hair.

She pulled her hand away, causing him to emit an irritated whine sound.

“Yah! Don’t stop!~”

“Don’t stop what?” She asked his hair again while gently scratching his scratching his scalp. “You mean, this?”

“Mm…Yeah...that...” he groaned. “It’s actually really relaxing.”

“What are you, a pet?"

"Mhm..."

"Haha my cute Pika-Hyo Oppa.” she giggled.

Jaehyo closed his eyes and relaxed. Soon enough, he was sound asleep.

______ continued to his hair for a while before she went back to sleep.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaehyo! Don't be so insecure! you have no reason to be.