Chapter 34

Blind Love

 

 “W-what? J-Jaehyo Oppa…” Naeun stammered, taken by surprise. ‘He just yelled at me. Why would Oppa yell at me?’

“Jagiya…” ______ scolded.

“W-what are you talking about, Oppa?”

“Tell me…how long have you known my Choi ______.”

“What’s with the ‘my’ part? Why her?”

“Are you serious? She is mine. Choi ______ is Ahn Jaehyo’s woman. She is my fiancée! What part of that do you not understand?! I think it’s pretty damn simple!” he growled.

“Jagiya…” ______ said, looking around.

Everyone was staring at them.

The kids had finished school and were just coming in to get some games in before going home.

“Aish…I want to say a lot of things to you right now…but there are a lot of little kids here. Let’s take this to my apartment since its close by.”

They went up to his apartment.

As soon as the door closed, he turned to Naeun.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“What do you mean? Why does Oppa keep yelling at me, Unnie?”

______ had the sudden urge to wrap her arms around Naeun to comfort her but Jaehyo stopped her from doing so.

“Don’t…”

“But you’re scaring her!”

“Good! She should be scared! I’m freaked out here! I know you have that mothering instinct and you like to help everyone but you have to ignore that right now.”

“What am I supposed to do, just sit here and twiddle my thumbs?”

“Pretty much…yes.” He said and turned his attention back to Naeun. “You see that person, she cares for you a lot. Way more than I do. In fact, I am not too crazy about being anywhere near you. Just having you in my apartment makes me uncomfortable…”

“Jaehyo Oppa…what did I do wrong?”

“What did you do wrong?! Are you really going to ask me that?”

“I don’t know why you’re so mad at me!” She whined.

“______-ah…stay there. Are you acting right now?”

“I love you Oppa!!~” She cried. “I love you so much! I always have! Why don’t you reply to my text messages?”

“Yeah about that…CUT IT OUT!! Does two-hundred text messages a day, sound normal to you?!” He scolded.

"Well, you didn't reply..."

“You’re trying to into our relationship and that is not okay with me! I hate the arguing that you cause because well I don’t trust you.”

“But…Oppa…I…”

Jaehyo ignored her and continued to speak.

“My kindhearted fiancée over there, on the other hand, the person who I’m sure has done a lot for you in the past, she refuses to think bad things about you.” He said motioning towards her.

Naeun looked at ______.

“Why do you love ______Unnie so much? Why are you marrying her?! You’re supposed to marry me!”

“What are you talking about?!” Jaehyo growled.

“How can you have forgotten?! You promised!!”

 

--------------- Flashback -------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!” a 9 year old, Naeun squealed.

Jaehyo turned around and smiled.

“Oh, Annyeong, kiddo.” He said ruffling up her hair.

 “Yah!!~ Oppa!!~” she whined glaring at him. “Don’t mess up my pretty hair!!”

“Oh sorry, little miss diva.” He chuckled. “Where did you go, that you had to dress up so nice?”

“I went to a wedding!”

“Oh, did you have fun?” he asked fiddling around with his game boy.

“I want to get married! The bride was so pretty!!” she giggled. “Will you marry me Oppa?!”

“What?” he laughed. “You crazy little child, I’m 4 years older than you…”

“So what? It’s only 4 years…when I’m twenty, you’ll be twenty-four.”

“But I want to get married on my own!~”

“No! You have to marry me Oppa! We are meant to be.” She pouted.

He sighed.

“Fine, if we’re both not already married but the time I turn 24, I will marry you.”

“You better! I will be waiting, Oppa!”

“Yeah, yeah…but only if I’m not.”

“You won’t be, because you have to marry me.” She said. “You are MINE!”

He shook his head.

“You really are a weird kid…it’s a good thing you’re cute.”

 

----------- End of flashback----------------------------------

 

“Yah! I never promised anything!” he snapped. ‘I thought it was cute back then but now…it’s just plain creepy.’

“You didn’t have to say it! I felt like it was implied, that you would wait for me.”

“Implied? What the hell…I’m engaged right now!”

“Yeah, but you’re not married yet.” Naeun said softly taking a step closer.

“W-what are you doing?”

“I love you, Jaehyo Oppa!” she said wrapping her arms around him tightly. “I love you more than she does because I have loved you longer.”

“Just because we’ve known each other longer, it does not mean that you love me more.”

“Yes it does!” she insisted.

“No it doesn’t, and I am getting married!”

“No you’re not!”

“You are acting like an immature child right now! I am marrying ______, whether you like it or not.”

“But Oppa…she belongs with Junhyung Oppa.”

Jaehyo clenched his fists tightly and pushed Naeun off of him.

“NO! She doesn’t, she belongs with me!” he snapped. “Choi ______, is mine! Get it through your thick skull, I am not attracted you!”

“Of course you are!”

“Don’t tell me, what I am…” he growled. “Don’t you get it? Your creepy, obsessive text messages are making me hate you.”

“I just wanted you to know that I love you. Yah! ______ Unnie! How could you steal, my Jaehyo Oppa from me?!” Naeun cried walking over to her.

 “Naeunnie…”

“Give him back!~”

“If you…lay a hand on her…you will be outside that door before you can protest. You are not listening to me. I do not belong to you! What you feel for me is nothing compared to the way, we…” he said  motioning between ______ and himself. “…feel about each other. You just have a crush…and you’ll get over it eventually but I’ll never get over her.”

“But Oppa…”

“You’re not ready to be in love so quit trying to force yourself. You can’t force a person to love you. It just doesn’t work that way. I’m at a different place in my life than you are in yours.”

“Why does it have to be _______ Unnie and not me though?!” Naeun pouted.

“You know her. You know how her personality is. You know how she is.’

“But she was blind.”

“Yeah so?! What the hell is your point?! I’m not good enough for her?”

“No…Oppa, you’re the best.”

“If you’re trying say that she’s not good enough for me, get out right now! The reason I love her is that she accepts all of me! She couldn’t see me, which was great at the time because I was not looking my best but she’s still with me.”

"You won't give me a chance?"

"No...I won't...not ever. I don’t want you!"

Naeun frowned and looked down at her feet.

"Jagiya...that's harsh..." ______ said.

Naeun threw caution to the wind, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

Jaehyo eyes widened and he pushed her off.

______ glared at her.

"YAH!!...what the..."

"Oppa..."

"YAH!! What the hell?! Why did you kiss me?! Get the hell out of here!!"

"Yah!! Son Naeun!!" ______ snapped pulling her away from Jaehyo.

"______-ah...don't stress yourself out over this. It’s not good for the baby.”

“Baby?! What baby?!”

“Our baby.” Jaehyo said. “My baby with ______.”

“Unnie? Is this true?”

“Yes, Naeunnie.”

“You’re lying! She’s lying! She doesn’t look pregnant! Unnie, stop lying! I hate you and I hope that you and the baby…”

“YAH!! Watch what you say you evil little…” Jaehyo growled, getting cut off by ______.

"Would you deliberately hurt me, Naeunnie?"

Naeun turned to look at ______.

“Unnie…I…”

“It seems like you’re trying so hard to hurt me. I’m sorry, Naeunnie.”

“Don’t be sorry to her!” Jaehyo scolded. “Why should you have to apologize to her?! The two of us, being in love, has nothing to do with her. It’s none of her business and she knows that. You, Son Naeun, you’re messing with my family and I won’t forgive you for it. Just leave and stay the hell out of my life.”

“Jaehyo Oppa…” Naeun said softly.

“Seriously, I’ve had enough of you. Go, now!” He snapping and pointed towards the door.

After she left he breathed a sigh of relief..

“I feel so much better now that she is out of here. Aish…my throat hurts though.” He whined running to the bathroom.

“That’s probably from all the screaming, Jagiya.” ______ stated simply.

He poked his head out of the bathroom, frantically scrubbing at his lips with a toothbrush.

“______-ah? Can you help me scrub my lips off?”

______ stared at him with a ‘wtf’ look on her face.

“What?!”

“I think I need to gargle soap and water Oh, better yet, BLEACH…that’ll kill the germs.”

“What germs?” she laughed.

“The pedo-germs!!~ She kissed me! I’m not freaking e, you know?!?!” he said. “Aish! Are my lips red and raw yet?”

“YAH! Stop that! Give me that toothbrush!” ______ scolded. “You’re going to hurt yourself! It's a 'tooth' brush, not a 'lip' brush, you derp!~ Come here!”

She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his lips.

"That's better..." he chuckled.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

Goodbye Psycho!!~ I will not miss you at all XD

Jaehyo! Leave your pretty lips alone... ♥