Chapter 20

Blind Love

 

“Oh, Naeun-ah!~” ______ said. “Annye-…”

Her eyes met with Jaehyo’s.

His heart skipped a beat. It was the first time, they locked gazes like that.

‘It’s him…’ ______ thought. ‘Jaehyo Oppa…he’s here…’

“______ Unnie, do you know Jaehyo Oppa?” Naeun asked hugging his arm.

He didn’t even notice, since his eyes were glued to ______.

“Jaehyo Oppa?” ______ said softly.

She looked between him and Naeun.

He knew what she was thinking.

There was definitely going to be a misunderstanding there.

“______-ah…W-wait…” he panicked. ‘She knows what I look like?’

“So…you two are…”

‘NO!~’ Jaehyo screamed in his head.

“It’s kind of a date…” Naeun said with a smile.

“A date…” ______ repeated, her eyes burned from the tears that were forming. ‘Don’t cry! Don’t let him see you cry…’ She repeated in over and over in her head. “Mhm…Well…um…Please, excuse me…”

She turned and ran off.

“______-ah! Wait! No! It’s not…” he shouted.

Jaehyo pried Naeun’s arms off of him and ran after her.

“______-ah! I can explain!!”

“Save it!” She snapped.

“Just listen to me…”

“You had these past two months…but you chose to ignore me.”

“______-ah!”

“I thought you just needed a break to sort everything out, but you’re dating.”

“Dating?!”

“You and Naeun!”

“I am not dating Naeun!”

“Really? You two looked pretty damn comfortable to me!”

“______-ah! It’s really…not what it looks like!!” He shouted desperately trying to explain himself to her.

“Isn’t that what they all say?! All guys say that, when it’s EXACTLY what it looks like!”

“Please believe me!” he begged. “There’s nothing going on between Naeun and I! NOTHING!”

“Well I don’t believe you. How can I believe the guy who just pushed me out of his life, and then didn’t answer any of my calls for the past two months?!?!”

By now, she had tears streaming down her cheeks.

Jaehyo reached out to wipe her tears, but she slapped his hand away.

“Don’t even touch me right now…I’m so pissed at you.” She snapped. “You left me alone.”

“I’m sorry! I’m so sincerely sorry!”

“I don’t understand it…we were doing to great and then you put up that wall again. You refused to tell me what was bothering you and it hurt me. Then you just disappeared!!”

“I…” He couldn’t even think of what to say.

 

“I kept thinking maybe Kitae was right…” she said softly. “It bothered me! I didn’t believe it at first. I mean, seriously who the hell would believe a word that comes out of his mouth?! But then I started to believe it was just meaningless for you. Our relationship, was it just pity for the blind girl?!”

“NO! Of course not! What the hell does Kitae have to do with anything?! What the hell did he…”

As if on cue, Kitae came over to them.

“Hmm…I heard my name.”

“Of course…when you speak of the devil…he appears.” Jaehyo growled. “What the hell did you say to her?!”

“I don’t know…Nothing really.”

“YAH! Kim Kitae!!” Jaehyo growled. “Do you have a death wish?!”

“I’m still your hyung…Ahn Jaehyo…”

“Go blow yourself…”

“I probably could…”

‘This guy…seriously…’ ______ thought. ‘I want to throw up all over his expensive looking clothes.’

“You smug…piece of-…” Jaehyo didn’t bother to finish what he was saying and just punched him in the face. “That felt pretty good actually…”

They started throwing punches.

“YAH!!! Stop! Quit fighting!!~” She screamed and felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. ‘Uh oh! What’s going on?’ “Oww!~”

Jaehyo let go of Kitae and turned all of his attention to her.

His heart stopped for a moment when he saw the red liquid soaking through her jeans.

“W-what’s wrong?”

“Where is all that blood coming from?” Kitae asked.

Junhyung came outside right at that moment.

“What the…______-ah?!”

“Junhyung Oppa…” she panicked. ‘I can’t be having a miscarriage right?!’

“What the hell is going on?” Jaehyo snapped. “W-why?”

“We need to get back to the hospital…Let’s go! It’s not too far from here.”

They got to the hospital and Jaehyo was still asking a lot of questions, bugging the hell out of Junhyung.

“How about you try to make an attempt answer your damn phone when she calls you?!” Junhyung snapped.

“W-what?”

“Where the hell were you when she needed you?! Enough of that self-pitying crap alright?!”

Nurse HyunJung came over.

“What…What’s going on here?” she asked.

 “Ahjumma, can’t you f-find out what’s wrong with her? Why is she bleeding so much?!” Jaehyo demanded.

“It hurts…” ______ whimpered. “is my baby going to be okay?”

Jaehyo looked at her in shock, his

“W-what did you say? B-baby?” he stuttered. “Who’s baby?!?!”

He glared at Junhyung.

“Not mine you babo!”

“It’s…It’s m-mine?”

“I just found out today. I tried to call you…but…”

“I know…I was being stupid and insecure. Let me make it up to you. Just one more chance.”

“Can I kill you if mess up again?” Junhyung chimed in.

“I give you permission to kill me…if I do something stupid, again.”

“Oh I don’t need your permission. I’d just do it.”

Junhyung’s phone started to ring like crazy.

The doctors were running tests on _____ to figure out what the problem was.

“Ahjumma…is she going to lose the baby?” Jaehyo asked softly.

“Jaehyo-ya…”

“I’m scared right now…None of this would have happened if I had stayed with her. I left her alone and she was under so much stress she didn’t even know she was pregnant. It’s my fault…if I wasn’t so damn insecure about us…but look at us now...my scars have disappeared quite a bit and she hates my guts.”

“She doesn’t hate you.”

“How do you know that?”

“She doesn’t look like she hates you.”

They both turned around to look at ______, who was holding her tummy.

“When I first met you, you had no one but now…”

“Now? Now what? I have a girl that I’m in love with that pissed off at me.”

“Do you know what I see when I look at her?” the nurse asked.

“What’s that?” he asked looking at her, waiting for her answer.

“That right there, that’s your family.”

He realized that she was right and couldn’t help but smile.

“I’m afraid of losing both of them though.” He said.

“Go be with her. She needs you right now. You’re scared? Can you imagine how she feels?”

The doctors came to talk to them.

“We were very concerned with all the heavy bleeding.” They said.

“Doctor, how is our baby?” Jaehyo asked. “I-is it…”

______ looked over at him.

‘He’s genuinely concerned.’ She thought. ‘The way he reacted when it happened…It feels so much better being able to see his face.’

“well…”

“Aish…Out with it.” Jaehyo snapped.

“Ahn Jaehyo!” Hyunjung scolded.

“What? All the nurses here know me already.” he said bowing to greet them all.

“It’s quite alright. You must be the father. I’m sure he’s getting impatient.”

‘Yeah…and you’re still dragging it out! I want to know if my baby is okay!~’ he screamed in his head, not wanting to make a scene. “Is our baby okay?”

“There was a small tear in the placenta, which caused the bleeding.”

“But…is our baby okay?!” Jaehyo repeated. ‘What the hell?! Are you deaf or something Doctor?!’

“We’ll figure that out right now.” The doctor said.

He did and ultrasound on her to find a heartbeat.

They stared at the screen closely.

“Wait a second…is that our baby?” Jaehyo asked. “It looks like a lima bean?”

She started to asked a bunch of questions about everything.

“Jaehyo Oppa…Shh!”

He kept quiet long enough for them to hear the heartbeat.

“There we go…your baby is perfectly fine. I counted 160 beats per minute.”

“Is that a good number?” ______ asked.

“It’s a great, strong heartbeat.”

“Thank you Doctors. I was so afraid, I thought I was having a miscarriage.”

“Well you were one of the lucky ones. Your baby looks healthy. There are no problems as of now, but we’ll going to need to keep an eye on you. No heavy lifting and we recommend a lot of bed rest, so you have time to heal.”

“So…um…What happens if she doesn’t?” Jaehyo asked.

“Well it could harmful for her and the baby. Keep an eye on her.”

Jaehyo nodded and turned to look at ______.

“Okay…so you’re staying in bed and not getting up to do anything except use the bathroom and shower…Got that?” He ordered.

She stared at him and nodded.

‘It felt so good to actually see, with my own eyes,that my baby is okay…’ ______ thought. ‘…and to see Jaehyo Oppa’s reaction, I feel a lot better now.’

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…” she said softly.

“Are you still mad at me?!” he panicked. “I’m sorry ______-ah! Let me make it up to you! You always asked me to sing for you! Should I sing?! Just give me a song, any song at all. Hell, it could even be a girl group song.’

‘Is this the same boy that I met 2 years ago?’ Nurse HyunJung thought, as she watched him beg. ‘He still can’t shut up…haha.’

“Okay! How about...Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Baby Baby Baby!~ Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Baby Baby Baby!~

______ just stared at him in shock.

She looked around to see if everyone else was watching his little SNSD performance.

‘Yep…they’re ALL watching…’ she thought, hiding her face in embarrassment. “OH MY GOD! Please don’t do that!!~ This is the first time since my surgery that I wish I could be blind again!”

“Different song?” he asked. “More SNSD? How about...Sowoneul malhaebwa!~”

“Tell you my wish?! I wish you’d stop! RIGHT NOW! Jaehyo Oppa! NO, Just NO!!!” she whined shaking her head frantically. “Make it stop! Make it stop! Fine! I forgive you…Just…don’t EVER do that again!”

“I thought I was cute…” he pouted.

She grabbed the back of his head and kissed him to shut him up.

“I’m still mad at you…but I do forgive you for being such a babo.”

He touched her stomach.

 “Appa is sorry for being so stupid lately.” Jaehyo said to her tummy. “Naega jal-jal-jalmothaesseo~

“Oppa?”

“Hmm?”

“If we're having our music show right now, to quote U-Kiss…Sikkeureo!~ Keep it up and I won't forgive you for being a public embarassment."

"Shutting up..." Jaehyo said softly and smiled. He breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm just happy that our is okay, and that we're okay? Are we okay?"

______ just stared at him, as if she was trying to make her mind up right there.

 

 

____________________________________________________

There was a lot going on in this chapter.

Yay! The Baby is okay!~ ♥

How cute is Jaehyo's extremely embarassing way to beg for forgiveness?! XD