Chapter 21

Blind Love

 

______ looked at Jaehyo and sighed.

‘Pretty derp…I was tempted to mess with him by saying ‘No, I’m going to run off to marry Junhyung and raise a colony of glasses wearing, rapping, naggy, neat freak dragons.’, as revenge for ditching me…but I don’t know if he’d be able to handle the joke...’ She thought. ‘…he’s been through enough. He doesn’t need to suffer more.’

“A-aren’t we?” he stammered. 'Oh god! Oh God! OH MY GOD...She's going to say NO!!!~

"We'll see..." she said and started to laugh.

'At least she didn't say no...' Jaehyo thought as he let go of the breath he had been holding in.

"Haha have you no pride at all?" Junhyung asked.

"Yeah...I still have some pride left but...it's very little now." Jaehyo sighed

 'He's definitely different from the boy I met two years ago.' Nurse HyunJung thought.

Junhyung just rolled his eyes.

"Remember...the next time you mess up, I'll be right there to take care of her."

"Yeah…I know that! That's why there won't be a next time. This is my baby, not yours, and I'm going to be the father."

"Good...you better take good care of her!"

"I will!"

"I'll leave you two alone." Junhyung said. "Call me if you need anything, alright?"

"I will...I promise.”

“Why the hell would she need to call you, if she hJaehyo growled.

“Well, because when you were too busy being derp…I was, here, taking care of her. Just know that I always will be in her life. I’m her best friend. I got my kicked for being her first kiss.”

“You actually admit that?”

“Well, I’m just trying to warn you. You took ______’s ity and got her pregnant, TOP hyung won’t like that.”

“Yah Yong Jaes-…”

“No!” Junhyung said shaking his finger at her. He leaned down to kiss her forehead before walking away.

“-soonie!~”

“I heard that!” Junhyung growled, flashing a peace sign, on his way out the door.

Jaehyo clenched his fists tightly.

‘I hate that guy!~’

“I’m glad everything is fine.” The nurse spoke up.

He turned and gave her a hug.

“Thank you for everything, Ahjumma.”

“Me? Why me?”

“Well, I wouldn’t be here without you.” He told her softly. “You always call me on my crap and help me sort it out.”

“Try telling it to her. You know that she’ll be there for you. She’s giving you a family, that should be reason enough to share all your thoughts and feelings with her. I promise it will make you feel better.” She ordered and turned to ______. “______-ssi?”

“Yes HyunJung-ssi?”

“Take care of this one…he’s got a lot of issues.”

“Y-yah!”  He shouted defensively, leaving his mouth hanging  wide open.

“Pretty derpy face.” ______ giggled.

“What?”

“Close your mouth Oppa, you’ll catch something.”

“Yes, it is a hospital so there are many illnesses going around.” HyunJung said.

“Yah! Choi ______, I will have your parents lock you in your room and not allow you to leave.” He scolded.

“My punishment for making fun of you, is you threatening to have my parents ground me?”

“Yes.”

______ stifled a giggle.

He reached up to brush a stray strand of hair away from her face.

Jaehyo's phone started to ring.

______ eyed him.

"Um…Oppa...aren't you going to answer that?"

He was too distracted, staring at her.

He was afraid something might happen if he didn't pay attention to her.

"Oh...yeah...right." he said pulling his phone out of his pocket. He tapped the screen to accept the call. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Jaehyo Hyung!"

"Oh...Cucumber."

"Where did you go? I'm putting you on speakerphone."

"Yah! Jaehyo hyung! We heard you got into a fight with Kim Kitae..." Zico said.

"Oh yeah...you should've seen his face! I think you broke his nose!" U-Kwon chimed in. Jaehyo could practically hear him smiling.

"I'm at the hospital."

"What?! You got it worse than him?!" Minhyuk shouted.

"Oh…No, No, No, No! It’s not me!”

“Derpy derp derp.” ______ teased.

Jaehyo shot her a warning glare and she just smiled innocently.

“Did I really break his nose?” he asked, clearly amused by it.

“You broke Kim Kitae’s nose?” ______ asked.

“I don’t know but I’ve always been stronger than him.”

“Waaaa!~ Oppa, now you’re a cocky, pretty derp.” She said, shaking her head at him.

“I’m not a derp!~” Jaehyo whined and his expression quickly changed into a smirk. “Yah…did you just call me pretty?”

“Yeah pretty Derphyo Oppa…you’re still on the phone.” ______ laughed.

“Oops…sorry.”

“Who was that hyung?” P.O. asked.

“Naeun said you ditched her.” Zico chimed in.

“I just wasn’t interested…”

“You used to be!” Kyung said.

“No one compares to the one girl that I love.”

“LOVE?!” they all shouted in unison, making Jaehyo hold the phone out, an arm’s length away from his ear.

“Ow! AISH!~ Yeah…That was my ear!!~ I need those to hear, you know?!?!” He snapped.

“I could’ve sworn, I just heard a girl’s voice a while ago.” U-Kwon said.

“Really…because all I hear is ringing in my left ear. I had to switch my phone to the right side.” Jaehyo muttered rubbing and shaking his ear.

“Yeah me too!” B-Bomb said.

“Hyung, are you with a girl?” Zico asked.

“Okay…well…I have to go…”

“Wait…Hyung…aren’t you going to answer that question?” Zico chimed in, still trying to get it out of him.

“Nope…I’m not.”

“Wait…you’re not with a girl? Or you’re not going to answer our question?!” P.O. asked.

“He’s definitely with a girl right now.” Taeil said. “That’s why he’s ignoring the questions.”

“Good night!~” Jaehyo sang and hung up the phone. He let out a sigh of relief. “Pushy people…I tell you…”

“You made up with your friends?” ______ asked.

“Mm…” he replied.

“I’m glad.” She said.

‘Now all I have to do is make up with you.”

“You know that you aren’t allowed t have for a while right?” HyunJung informed him, making him turn so red.

“I-I’m not…didn’t say anything about that! Ahjumma!~”

“She needs time to heal so…keep it in your pants.”

“I…but…That’s not…I didn’t…YAH!!~” he stuttered.

“There it is again. His derp face.” ______ snickered. ‘That’s okay…Jaehyo Oppa is a pretty derp.’

“Are you two enjoying yourself?”

“Very much so…yes.” ______ said. “It’s my revenge for you ignoring me the past couple of months.”

After Nurse HyunJung’s shift ended, she gave them a ride to ______’s house.

“Good luck with telling your parents.”

“I’m more afraid of her brother…”  Jaehyo said and turned to look at ______.  “When he found out about Junhyung being your first kiss…what happened?”

“I thought Junhyung Oppa just told you…Seunghyunnie Oppa wasn’t happy.”

“They fought?”

“Yep…”

“…and what happened?”

“Junhyung Oppa had it worse…Seunghyunnie Oppa is strong and very over-protective.”

“Oh…great….” Jaehyo muttered. “So I’m dead?”

“I won’t let that happen. I don’t want our baby to not have a father.” ______ said.

“Your brother and Yong Junhyung…when did they start to get along well? When did they start to become friends like they are now?”

“After we broke up…”

“Oh…that’s just…very calming…” he mumbled sarcastically. “I’m so dead.”

“My father likes you though, because of the things you did for him.”

“He still likes me? He likes the guy that left his daughter alone and didn’t call or anything for 2 months?”

“My father wouldn’t hold a grudge like that. He’s happy if I’m happy. You’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” he asked trying to calm his shaky hands.

______ reached out and slipped her hand into his, interlocking their fingers.

“You’re shaking…you don’t need to be nervous.”

“I’m more afraid that you’ll have to be a single parent after your brother kills me and hides my body under the house or something.”

“Seunghyunnie Oppa, and the other Big Bang Oppas are on a trip. They just left today.”

That calmed him down a bit.

“H-how long will they be gone?”

“They went to Japan for  2 weeks for something.” She said.

“Oh THANK YOU GOD!!~ I can breathe now!!!~” he shouted.

“Derp…” she giggled. “Are you okay now? Do you need to wait a few more minutes before going in?”

“No…I’m good…” He said taking a deep breath. “Let’s go…Thanks for the ride Ahjumma. You better get home before your husband worries alright?”

“Good luck you two…oh excuse me…I mean good luck to you three.”

“Thank you HyunJung-ssi.” ______ said bowing to her.

They waved goodbye and she drove off.

“Oppa, we should get this over with while you’re still relatively calm.” ______ laughed.

“Why are you so calm?”

“My mother has been bugging me for grandchildren since, well, forever. I think she’ll be okay.” ______ said.

“Really? I really hope so…”

“Mhm…” she replied and tiptoed to give him a quick kiss. “If we make it through this, we’ll be fine.”

“You won’t be mad at me anymore?”

“The main thing is that you came back to me. I’m not mad anymore." She said looking him in the eye. "I can forgive everything else because you're here with me right now. Come on.”

Jaehyo couldn't hide his smile as ______ grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the front door.

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

Making fun of Jaehyo's Derp Derpy Derp-ness  XD

I wonder how it'll go with ______'s parents.