Chapter 17

Blind Love

 

Jaehyo came back to the apartment and ______ was sitting on the couch doing nothing.

“Jaehyo Oppa…you’re back…Are you feeling better now?” ______ asked.

“No…not really.”

“Oppa, why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

“______-ah! You’re smothering me!!” he snapped.

"What? I’m smothering you? Yah…Oppa, Is something happening between us? You've been really distant lately and I don't know why." she asked softly. "I'll give you space if that's what you want..."

He looked at her and didn't say a thing.

"______-ah..." he said breaking the silence.

"The fact that you aren't denying it...means everything." She kissed his lips and walked out.

He stared at her back as she walked away.

He tightly clenched his fist and slammed it into the wall, leaving a huge hole.

“Maybe it’s better like this?” he sighed ignoring the pain shooting through his hand.

Now he had done a complete 360 degree flip. He was back to feeling the exact same way he did, before he met ______.

“What the hell is wrong with me? I just can’t seem to get that dream off of my mind.”

Meanwhile, ______ was walking home.

“I don’t think he’s seeing someone else…Jaehyo Oppa wouldn’t cheat on me. What is it that’s bothering him? Why won’t he tell me? Maybe it’s me…” she whispered.

There were so many thoughts going through her head.

“Well, Well, Lookie who we have here…” She heard a familiar voice say.

‘Kim Kitae…Just ignore him and walk away.’ She thought as she continued to walk passed him, pretending she didn’t hear him or smell that god-awful cologne he was wearing. ‘Aish! Did he use the WHOLE bottle?!’

“Aww…come on Baby!~ I know you can hear me.”

“Yeah I can smell you too!~” she spat.

“Hmm…I smell that good huh?” he smirked.

______ shook her head and rolled her eyes.

‘What an idiot…’ she thought.

“You look so beautiful in the mornings…did you know?”

“You smell like crap in the morning…have you tried showering?”

“Of course I shower…”

“Did you try using soap? I hear it helps get rid of the icky-ness.” She said. ‘Not that it would work for him, there’s too much of that…’

“Well I’m free right now, how would you like to come back to my place and teach me how?”

‘Okay…EWWWW! What a disgusting pig!!’ she thought. “No thank you…How would you like for me to dip you in breadcrumbs and offer you to those ducks over there?”

“Ooh I love your feistiness.”

“Oooh I hate your guts!~” She said in a sing-song voice. “You weirdo, get lost…No seriously…Just go do it…in some forest with wild hungry animals. Now, Please?”

“You don’t need to keep playing hard to get…” he said playing with a strand of her hair.

“YAH! Don’t touch…”

“KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!” an angry voice said.

“Yong Junhyung?”

“Kim Kitae don’t you have something better to do than harass a nice girl like this?”

“I’m not harassing her…”

“Actually…you are.” ______ muttered under her breath.

“See? Even she said so.”

“What are you, her bodyguard?”

“Maybe I am…”

“What happened to your boyfriend, Ahn Jaehyo?”

“Why? You want to corrupt him some more?” she snapped.

“Corrupt him? It was nothing he didn’t want. Where is he? Did he leave?”

“No!”

“Uh huh…he did, didn’t he? Did you sleep with him?” he asked.

“How is that any of your business?!?!” she snapped, feeling the sudden urge to punch him.

“I’ll take your defensiveness as a yes. So you slept with him, you gave him what he wanted and he left. That’s Ahn Jaehyo for you.”

“That’s not true…” she snapped back.

“Oh are you sure? That’s how he always was before…and then he moves onto the next girl.”

“I don’t believe you…” she snapped. “Why would he have stayed so long?”

“You must’ve been good…” Kitae said his lips.

Junhyung growled and grabbed his collar.

“You piece of…”

“Never mind him, Junhyung Oppa.” she said. “I don’t believe the things he says anyway.”

He let go of Kitae and lead ______ away.

“How do you know that guy?”

“We ran into each other a few times…”

“He’s the worst!” Junhyung scolded.

“Yeah I know…He’s the biggest ert I have ever met. He’s the one that turned Jaehyo Oppa into a player.”

“Speaking of Ahn Jaehyo…where is he? Are you two like inseparable?”

“He’s feeling stressed so I’m giving him time to sort that out.”

“So you’re on a break? Your surgery is tomorrow morning.”

“Yeah…I know.”

“Is he going to go see you?”

“I don’t know…” she said softly. “I hope so.”

Junhyung looked at her.

“______-ah…”

“He will come…I know he will.”

‘She really loves him.’

He walked her home safely.

The next day she went in to the hospital for her surgery.

She didn’t get any calls from Jaehyo.

“Maybe he’ll come later.” She whispered to herself.

She let out a sigh and went in to have her surgery done.

Jaehyo came to the hospital talk to the ahjumma nurse.

“Ahn Jaehyo…your hand is swollen…what happened?” she scolded.

“I punched a hole in the wall…no big deal.

“Does it hurt?” she asked.

“No…” he lied.

“You’re probably lying…we should do x-rays…it might be broken.”

He found out that he broke his wrist and a few fingers.

“So…why did you punch a wall? What did the wall do to you?!?!” She scolded.

“It was there…” he muttered. “I was frustrated at myself.”

“For what?”

“I have a problem. I always sabotage myself and push away the people that genuinely care about me. First it was my best friends…and now I’m doing it to ______.”

“Why are you pushing her away?”

He sighed and told her everything.

“Until I fix this…I’ll always feel like I’m not good enough for her. I’m being a bad boyfriend. She’s getting her surgery done today and I should be supporting her but I’m too busy freaking out. I feel like I should stay from her for a while…maybe we need this break.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“What other choice do I have?”

“Well there’s the obvious choice…stay with her and don’t be so hard on yourself.” The nurse replied. “Now…you’re going to need a cast…for taking out your anger on a poor defenseless wall! It’s not the first time either! What are you a masochist? Do you like injuring yourself?”

“No…”

“Then stop! I know your heart must be hurting the most right now. Maybe if you need that short break you should take it but don’t continue to shut her out of you’ll lose her and I know that’s not what you want.”

He stayed silent.

“She’s what I want. There’s no one in the world like my ______. I can’t lose her.” he whispered. “If I did…that would be the biggest mistake and regret of my life.”

After they talked and treated his hand he was walking around the lobby.

“Jaehyo hyung?” a voice said from behind him.

Jaehyo turned around to see who it was.

“Jiho…”

“Waaa!~ Hyung! It is you!” Zico said. “It’s been forever.”

“Yeah it has…what are you doing here?” Jaehyo asked.

“I was coming down with a little cold so I just came in for a checkup. What about you?”

Jaehyo held up his hand.

“I took out my frustrations on a wall.”

They walked and talked for a while. There was no awkwardness at all.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sigh* Jaehyo...Babo *shakes head*

but at least Zico's here!!~ ♥