Chapter 23

Blind Love

another chapter!!~ ^-^

 

Jaehyo opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

It looked old, but that just made it more beautiful.

“Oppa…what are you doing?” ______ stuttered.

"Waaa!~ That is a beautiful ring." her mother squealed.

'It is beautiful...' ______ thought. "Jaehyo Oppa."

'Wow...I'm impressed. He came prepared.' Mr. Choi thought. 'But...Ahn Jaehyo always was.'

 

--------------------------flashback------------------------------------------------

 

"Halmeoni!~" 5 year old Jaehyo squealed.

"My sweet little Jaehyo, come up here with Halmeoni..." his grandmother said patting the spot next to her on her bed.

Those times he spent with his grandmother, were the happiest memories of his childhood.

"I have something for you."

"What is it, Halmeoni?!~" little Jaehyo asked bouncing around cheerfully.

"Something very special."

His big, innocent eye lit up.

"Ooh!~ What is it?!~ Is it candy?! Or ice cream?"

"I told it's special."

"Candy and ice cream are special too! I love candy and ice cream, Halmeoni. Plus, they are both very very yummy!~”

“Well, it’s not either of those things, my darling grandson.”

“Aww…” he pouted. “Then what is it? Is it edible?”

“I’d say no.” she laughed. “…but you can have a candy too. If you can find which hand it’s in.”

She held out two fists in front of him.

“Hmm…” he thought about it and stared at both of her hands trying to make a choice. He pointed to the right fist. “Um..THIS ONE!~”

His grandmother opened her hand and inside was a butterscotch candy.

“You found the candy.”

“YAY! Thank you!” he said. He unwrapped the candy and popped it into his mouth happily. “Halmeoni? What’s in the other hand?”

She opened her left hand and inside was a beautiful diamond ring.

“Waaa!~ Shiny!!~”

“This is for you too.”

“For me?” he asked, innocently trying to put it on his tiny fingers. “Oh, Halmeoni, it doesn’t fit!~”

“You are too cute! No, it’s for you when you get older. I won’t be around anymore to give it to you then.”

“Where will you go?”

“Halmeoni is getting old, I’m going to go up there.” She said pointing up.

“The roof?”

“Haha No sweetie?”

“The sky?”

“Yes…the sky.”

“…but Halmeoni, you’re not a birdy! You can’t fly! Silly Halmeoni!~” Jaehyo laughed.

“Heaven, where the angels are.” She told him. “I’ll always be watching over you. Waiting for you to fall in love.”

“Fall in love?! Ewww! Girls are gross!~” he whined, sticking out his tingue. “I’m never going to fall in love.”

“Of course you will. You’ll meet the right girl that loves you completely. The girl you want to share your life with.”

“Ewww!~”

“You can be picky, make sure it’s the right girl. Find someone with a big heart who will make a great wife.”

“Eww…Wife? No way!”

“You say that now…but when you meet her, you’ll change your mind.”

“Halmeoni, how will I know?” he asked staring at the ring.

“You’ll feel it in your heart that she’s the one. The one, who accepts everything about you, every flaw, but she still loves you unconditionally. If you aren’t with her, it hurts, and you feel lonely and empty.”

“Did you feel like that about anybody, Halmeoni?”

“Your Harabeoji was mine. He gave me that ring when he proposed to me. We were married for 50 years before he went to be with the angels.”

“I will keep it safe Halmeoni.” He said. “I’ll never let anything bad happen to your ring!”

She pulled him close and kissed his forehead.

“My dear, sweet little Jaehyo…” she whispered. “This ring brought my marriage luck, so hopefully it will do the same for you in the future.”

 

----------------------end of flashback--------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t want you to think that I’m marrying you just because you’re pregnant. I’ve had this ring since I was a kid. It’s my Halmeoni’s ring, it means a lot.”

“If it’s your grandmother’s ring…w-why are you giving it to me?”

“…I feel it…”

“You will what?”

“I could feel it in my heart that you are the one. I know it because when I’m with you, I’m happy and my mood changes. When I’m not with you I miss you like crazy and I don’t like that feeling. I want to keep you with me forever. I know I might be a complete idiot sometimes, I’m really insecure about myself, and I’m lacking in many different ways, but I love you, Choi ______, will you marry me?”

She just stared at him in shock. When she stared into his eyes, she could see his soul. She knew that he meant every word he said.

“Um…I…I don’t know what to say…”

“Oh god, anything but NO!” Jaehyo begged. “Please…”

“The word you’re looking for is…YES!” Mr. Choi said.

“Say Yes! Say yes already!” her mother yelled.

“Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you.”

“She said yes…”

“She said yes!” Mr. Choi repeated.

“You really said yes?”

“Yes, Oppa.” ______ giggled.

Jaehyo kissed her lips, slipping the ring onto her left ring finger.

It wasn’t too lose, or too tight on her.

The ring fit just right, on her finger.

“Oh, I think that’s a sign.” He said.

“It fits perfectly…does that mean your grandmother approves of me?” she asked looking up at him.

“I know she would. She’d definitely approve of you.”

“Well my poor son-in law, your legs must have fallen asleep! Stand up, there’s plenty of room on the couch, next to ______!~”

“Oh…uh…thank you…” Jaehyo bowed and sat next to his fiancée. “She needs to be on bed rest for a while. The doctors said that there is a tear in the placenta.”

“Oh no! How is my little grand baby?!” Her mother asked.

“Is the baby going to be okay?” Mr. Choi asked.

“If she listens and gets enough rest.” Jaehyo said. “I will do my best to take care of her. I don’t anything to happen to our baby.”

“Are you prepared for this? Being a father is a lot of work.”

“I’m going to be doing a lot of research on it so we can be safe. I want to be ready when the baby comes.” Jaehyo said. “I need to be. I can’t freak out anymore because now ______ needs me. I want to be a man that my grandmother would be proud of.”

“I’m sure she’d be proud of you Oppa. In fact, I know she would be.”

“I promise to be a better parent than mine were.” Jaehyo said putting his hand on ______’s stomach.

 

 

_______________________________________________

awww...cute little Jaehyo XD

Yay! ENGAGED!!!!! ♥♥♥