Chapter 3

Blind Love

 

 

Since he and ______ had become friends and started to hang out regularly, Jaehyo had changed.

He was happier and not as cold as he once was.

It made him feel so good to wake up and know he would be seeing her.

“I had so many admirers when I was handsome. Hmm It's actually nice being friends with a girl…especially one like ______. But what would she say if she saw my face…would she still want to hang out with me…it’s why I lost my old friends...”

 

----------------flashback---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Before the accident, Jaehyo was walking through the halls in school.

Girls swooned over him, starting to scream and squeal whenever he walked into a room.

They would kill for one night with him.

“Good morning Jaehyo Oppa!!~”

“Ew...No…Just No..” he said.

“W-what?” the girl said softly. “No? Why?”

“Well your face is…hell no…Your body…is not bad actually…what size is your bra?”

“What? why?”

“Still deciding if I’d do you  or not…Um…I’m leaning towards…NOT!~ Unless you get plastic surgery done to fix, all of that..but that still might not help.…You really have no chance with me…So…Get lost!~”

The girl ran off crying and he moved onto the next admirer.

“Oh…what now?!” He groaned. “Can I help you?”

“Annyeonghaseyo! Jaehyo Sunbae!!~” a short, stocky girl with thick rimmed glasses said holding out a box to him.

“What’s this?” he asked.

His eyes scanned over her before he plucked an envelope off the ribbon holding it on the top of the box.

He pulled the letter out of the envelope and read it as the girl watched hopefully.

“Jaehyo Sunbae!~ I baked you some cookies and brownies…and I made you some chocolates too!~” she said sweetly, opening the box to show him her creations.

 “ah…I see now…Yah…do yourself a favor and lay off the sugar…You don’t need the extra calories. This letter…is pathetic…” he said rudely, as he tore up the letter, stepping on the pieces as they fell to the floor. “No thank you…Not interested and I never will be…So who’s next?”

Jaehyo looked around and spotted one of the school Queenkas.

“Now..You on the other hand, Baby girl.” He said. “You, I can work with.”

She kissed his neck, dragging him off to hook up somewhere.

“Later hyung..” Jaehyo said with his cocky smirk.

“get some!~”

“Oh..I plan to..” he said high-fiving his friends.

“Come on Oppa!~” she whined pulling him away leaving a hallways full of envy, tears and broken hearts.

 

---------end of flashback-----------------------------------------------------

----------next flashback--------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaehyo had just woken up from his 3 month coma.

He was alone in his hospital room with no flowers, balloon, or stuffed animals.

Nothing, not even one measly ‘Get Well Soon’ card.

He noticed his cell phone on the table next to his bed and he picked it up to power it on.

“How could I possibly have had no missed calls, and no unread text messages?!”

He pulled himself into a sitting position trying to stand up to walk to the bathroom, past the mirror.

 

He did a double take and ran back to look in the mirror.

“No! My beautiful face!”

He pushed the button to call for a nurse.

“Yah! Ahjumma!~” he growled seeing her walk in.

“Oh you’re awake…could please keep your voice down?”

“No, I will not keep quiet! I can’t! My face…it’s ruined…”

Jaehyo stumbled back to his room frantically started to dial numbers his friends numbers.

“Come on Hyung! Please…” he panicked as tears formed in his eyes threatening to fall at any moment.

No one answered his calls. No matter how many times he called, it went to the voicemail message recorder.

“What’s going on? Is this karma coming back to get me for being such a heartless jerk?! T-They ditched me…all of  my so called ‘friends’…No one came to visit me? They just…left me alone…” he whimpered, dropping to the ground letting the tears fall.

“It will be okay..” The nurse said hugging him. “Shhh…it’s okay.”

“No it’s not! It’s not okay! Nothing is okay! It will never be okay! I have nothing…no one…”

After that Jaehyo started to fall into a sulky depressive state.

 

--------------end of flashback------------------------------------------------

 

“ I used to be such an arrogant jerk…” he sighed.

Suddenly, his cell phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Jaehyo Oppa!~ What are you up to?” ______ said cheerfully, causing him to instantly brighten.

‘Wallowing in Self pity…Yeah…I can’t say that…’ he thought. “Nothing really. Why, ______-ah, are you bored and missing me that much?”

“Aish..Cocky much?” she giggled. “Yes I’m bored…Let’s go hang out!”

Jaehyo couldn’t help but smile, it just came naturally.

He found that it was happening a lot whenever he spoke to ______, or thought about her.

“Okay I’ll meet you.” He said. “but…only after you admit that you miss me.”

“Nah…just come! You know where I’ll be…” she said hanging up.

“Y-Yah! She hung up on me…” he scoffed staring at his cell phone, showing the home screen. “Aish! That Girl!!~”

He quickly showered and got dressed up before he went out to meet with ______.

Jaehyo got to the park and saw her sitting on the fountain with a book.

He thought it would be fun if he snuck up from behind and surprised her.

As he was tip toeing closer and closer, just about ready to pounce.

“Oh…Jaehyo Oppa!~ There you are!~”

He stood there in shock.

“What the hell? How did you…How did you know I was there?!” He whined.

“hahaha You tried to sneak up on the blind girl?” she giggled. “I told you Oppa, my other senses are heightened so I could hear you… You so FAIL!!~”

“Aish!” he sighed. “What are you doing?”

“Reading?”

“How?  There are no words…” he said peeking over her shoulder.

“There are…”

“Oh those little bumpy thingy-ma-giggers?”

“Yes…haha the ‘bumpy thingy-ma-giggers’…haha” She laughed. “Those ‘bumpy thingy-ma-giggers’ are called Braille…”

“How do you…”

“Come…give me your hand…” ______ said. She grabbed his hand running his fingers across the page.

Jaehyo felt his cheeks start to heat up from the feeling of her hand on his.

“w-w-what does it say?” he stuttered.

She smiled and spent the time giving him a lesson in Braille.

 

______________________________________________________________

Jaehyo was such a heartless A-Hole before the accident.

but after the accident... (TT^TT) Such nice friends he had...

2 flashbacks in one chapter!!~ ♥