Chapter 18

Blind Love

 One more chapter ^-^

 

The day after the surgery ______ went in for a follow up appointment.

The doctor removed the eye-shield and cleaned off her eyelids.

She flinched at the sudden exposure to bright light.

“I’m sorry…it must be bright…”

“Yeah but I’m adjusting.” She said with a smile.

“How does it feel? How is your vision?”

“Well it’s clearer…still a bit blurry, but it’s an improvement from before.” She said. “I can actually see my hand in front of my face now!~”

She jumped up and did a little happy dance. (XD)

TOP rolled his eyes.

“You’re such a babo.” He chuckled. “Sit back down before you hurt yourself, you spaz…”

“Yah, Oppa! I can see you too, you big angry blur!” she growled.

“Babo..”

The doctor laughed.

“It will be blurry for a few months but you can expect your vision to improve with time.”

“Well it’s a good start!” she said, unable to stop smiling.

Her doctor gave her directions on how to take care of her eyes during the recovery process.

After leaving the doctors office, she was still in her hyper state, dancing around in her dark glasses.

“YAH! Do we need to make a stop at the mental ward?” TOP asked. “Quit spazzing.”

“I can’t help it! I’m so happy!~” she squealed. ‘I have to stay upbeat…if I cry right now, it might disturb the stitches. I can’t believe he didn’t come.’

Jaehyo was creeping around, watching her from around a corner. (stalker mode again?)

“I have to pee, Hold on Oppa.” she said happily skipping off to the bathroom.

He stifled a chuckle.

‘She’s too adorable.’

“What a spaz, she’s even happy going to the bathroom.” TOP laughed.

Junhyung was walking in, to show his support for ______, when he noticed Jaehyo sneaking around.

 “That little punk…Yah…Ahn Jaehyo!” he growled, grabbing him by the collar.

“Uh oh…Caught…” Jaehyo whispered to himself.

“Do you mind telling me why you are sneaking around right now?”

“I don’t want her to see me.”

 “Coward…Why the hell is your face so red?”

“I…I did laser resurfacing…to diminish scars.”

“Why didn’t you come to see her?! Do you know how she was the day before the surgery?! That friend of yours, trying to put thoughts into her head…if those things are true, I will send you straight to the morgue.”

“What friend?”

“Kim Kitae…” Junhyung growled tighting his grip.

“What?”

“I’m warning you Ahn Jaehyo…if you do anything to hurt ______, you will die. Do I make myself clear? I tried to keep her away from guys like you for a reason.”

“Guys like me?”

“The jerk, heartbreaker playboys.”

“I-I’m not…” Jaehyo stuttered. ‘

“You’re not? Then why are you playing around with her heart?”

“I’m not!...Not intentionally.”

“You expect me to believe that?! Listen, and Listen well, Ahn Jaehyo you better be good to her or…I will. That’s a promise.”

“What?!” Jaehyo snapped, shooting Junhyung an evil glare.

“You are the only one that loves her. Run away like the coward you are…and I’ll always be there to take care of her.” Junhyung said.

He let go of Jaehyo and walked away.

“Yong Jaesoon!~” ______ said in a sing-song voice.

‘She’s not even sad without me…’ Jaehyo thought, ducking to hide behind a gurney. ‘Does she even miss me?’

“YAH! Who is this Jaesoon you speak of?” Junhyung asked.

“Only my bestest friend in the world!!~”

“Hyung…is ______ high?” he chuckled.

“No she’s just weird.” TOP said. “She’s been spazzing since this morning.”

“Yah Oppas, I’m just a positive upbeat person!~” she giggled. ‘I can hide my pain well…Don’t cry. Don’t cry. Kim Kitae was wrong…Jaehyo Oppa is not like that. He wouldn’t deliberately hurt me like that. He wouldn’t.’

Jaehyo watched as they left the hospital.

“Jaesoonie Oppa!”

“Stop it!” Junhyung growled.

______ just laughed.

“Let’s go get ice cream!”

“Why does it suddenly feel like we’re kids again?” TOP asked. “You need female friends.”

“Why? I have my Oppas!” she said in a sing-song voice. “Big Bang Bang Oppas, B2ST Oppas, and…um…”

They just stared at her, expecting her to break down.

‘where the hell is that Ahn Jaehyo?!’ TOP thought.

“Yep I have my B2ST Oppas and Big Bang Oppas!” she said walking off. ‘Don’t cry…Don’t cry…I miss him so much but…I can’t cry…’

“Ahn Jaehyo will suffer.” Junhyung growled making sure he heard.

‘She doesn’t miss me…how can she not miss me?’

After a couple of months her vision was beginning to improve bit by bit and she could make out objects across the room and some pictures in books.

Jaehyo had made up with his friends and they hung out often.

“The scars are disappearing.”

“yeah…but they’re still there.” Jaehyo said looking at his reflection in a spoon.

“Hyung, don’t use a spoon, it’s distorts everything.” Kyung said. “See? It’s makes my face shorter.”

“Not so cucumber-like?” Zico teased. “Of course Jaehyo hyung is back to being the prettiest of the six of us!”

“Seriously, You could just stop there…” U-Kwon said.

 “Why?” Jaehyo asked with a smirk. “Yu-Kwon…are you afraid I’ll be prettier than you?”

“You already are! So just stop! You’re taking my smile away. Nope…wait a moment…” U-Kwon said, turning up his lips into a smile. “Nope…I still got it.”

They all continued their discussion.

Jaehyo slipped his phone out of his pocket. He swiped his thumb across the screen and entered the password to unlock it.

He stared at his gorgeous wallpaper.

‘She probably doesn’t even know I snuck this picture of her…She’s so beautiful…’ he thought. ‘She’s called so many times but I never have the nerve to answer. I wonder how she’s doing right now?’

Meanwhile, ______ was in the living room looking through photo albums.

“Ooh a yearbook!”

“What yearbook?” Junhyung asked walking in from the kitchen.

“Our high school yearbook. Of course you were older than me.”

“Yeah but I stayed back a year. I flunked a few classes on purpose…just to stay and keep you company.”

“Oppa…you’re really a babo.” She giggled.

“Yah! Stay out of the yearbook…I was awkward in high school.”

She was flipping through the pages. He tried to take the yearbook out of her hands.

“Nuh uh! I’m testing out my eyes!” she said slapping his hand away.

“Who are you looking for anyway?” Junhyung asked, sitting down next to her with a plate of food.

When ______ didn’t answer and he immediately knew the answer.

She skimmed through the pages, and stopped when she found the one person she was looking for.

Ahn Jaehyo.

‘Waaaa!~ Jaehyo Oppa…he was so…beautiful.’ She thought.

______  sniffed the air.

“What? What’s wrong?”

The smell of the food made her stomach turn.

“That smell…”

“What? it’s food.” Junhyung said holding up his plate. “want some?”

“Ew…no!” She moaned holding her tummy.

 “What’s wrong with it? It seems fine to me.”

She felt a sudden urge to throw up.

“Oh god!”

______ got up and ran straight to the bathroom to throw up.

“Whoa! Yah! Choi ______, are you sick?” Junhyung asked, with concern all over his face, and tone.

“It’s nothing…” she said cleaning herself up. “It’s probably just a stomach bug. I can’t even look at food lately.”


“Have you been throwing up a lot lately?” he asked.

“Yeah…but…it’s no big deal.”

“______-ah! You should see a doctor about that!” he scolded.

“No I’m fine Oppa…”

“______-ah!!”

“I’m fine!~” She said in a sing-song voice. “Perfectly fine.”

Junhyung sighed.

‘She’s so stubborn…’

'I'm fine...' she told herself. 'it's just a stomach bug or something...right?'

 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

Both sooooo stubborn and both refuse to let their feelings out.

what's wrong with ______?