When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Revelation

“I think it’s time for Ryo Won to know the truth,” Mr. Shin looked at his wife.
“What do you mean? I thought we’ve talked about this already.” Mrs. Shin said as her eyes started to become watery.
“It would be better for her to know his early so she wouldn’t get hurt.”
“No! I don’t want to.” Mrs. Shin highly objected as she burst into tears.
“Ryo Won has the right to know the truth!” Mr. Shin sighed as he comforted his crying wife. “I know this is going to be hard for us since we started to love her as our own. But think about her… about her feelings! What would happen if she’d know the truth from others and not from us? Do you think she will like it?
Mrs. Shin slowly looked at her husband and shook her head, “I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want her to hate us. I just hope that everything will still remain the same after we tell her the truth.”
“I know Ryo Won. She’ll understand us.” Mr. Shin gave an assured smile at his wife. “Get ready cause I booked a flight for us to Korea.”

“What’s taking him so long?” Soo Jin muttered as she locked her gaze at the entrance door.
“What’s wrong, Soo Jin?” Sun Mi asked with a curious look on her face.
“Nothing… nothing at all!” Soo Jin smiled.
Sun Mi raised an eyebrow, “Then can we start eating now?”
“N-NO!” The word suddenly slipped from Soo Jin’s mouth so she quickly shook her head. “I mean…I’m not yet hungry.”
Sun Mi’s curiosity grew more as she started to become impatient. “If that’s the case, you shouldn’t have invited me to come here. I know I’m being sarcastic but I’m really not in the right mood today.”
Soo Jin lowered her head as she played with her fingers. “I’m sorry… I lied.”
“What do you mean?” Sun Mi asked.
“Soo Jin” Someone spoke from the back.
Sun Mi looked at Soo Jin, who was still looking down, then at her back to see the owner of the voice. She returned her gaze to Soo Jin and asked her with an angry tone, “What is this all about Soo Jin?”
Soo Jin bit her lip, scared of what they’ll say, “I can explain.”
“I really need to go now,” Sun Mi coldly said.
“No! Sun Mi, please listen to me.” Soo Jin stopped Sun Mi from standing as the latter nodded and followed her.
“So, what is this really all about?” Hyun Joong spoke without any expression.
Soo Jin slowly looked at them and smiled weakly, “I want to help you two since both of you are my friends.”
“So your plan is pair us up?” Hyun Joong asked.
“Yes” Soo Jin nodded slowly.
“This is going nowhere.” Sun Mi frowned at the idea.
“I’m really sorry! I just can’t help seeing you two sad. I know I did something against your will so I’m very sorry.” Soo Jin stood up and bowed at them. “I think it’s better for me to go.”
Soo Jin hurriedly left the restaurant leaving Sun Mi and Hyun Joong alone. Before Sun Mi could say anything, Hyun Joong sat in front of her. “Somehow, Soo Jin’s plan worked.”
Sun Mi looked at him cluelessly, “What do you mean?”
Hyun Joong smiled, “Even if she’s still unforgiven, she immediately left us. She might also not know that her plan is already working.”
“Huh?” Sun Mi asked.
“Why don’t we just do this so-called date since Soo Jin spent so much for the food?” Hyun Joong smiled as he stared at the meal.
“You sure care for her, huh?” Sun Mi chuckled but somewhat felt jealous about her question.
“Very much,” Hyun Joong smiled once more.
“Just like how you care for me before?” Sun Mi asked but realized what she had said. She wanted to take it back but it was already too late since Hyun Joong already heard her.
Hyun Joong looked at her with an amused expression, “Yeah”
Sun Mi was shocked for what he had said but managed to nod at him, “Oh… really? I didn’t know.”
“Well, you really wouldn’t since you’ve always got your eyes on Jaejoong.” Hyun Joong said in a matter-of-factly tone.
“I guess you were right. I’ve always been thinking of him that time.” Sun Mi chuckled.
“Hmm… I wonder what’s with him that all girls become attracted to!” Hyun Joong asked in annoyance.
“He is just too perfect to be a person! I wonder if in his next life he would be a god! Just name it and he has it.” Sun Mi dreamily smiled.
“What about me?” Hyun Joong pouted.
“Well, you’re just… fine!” Sun Mi said thinking of what other words to say.
“Fine only?” Hyun Joong frowned. “Am I not that handsome to be called a god?”
“I don’t know!” Sun Mi chuckled as Hyun Joong continued pouting.

“My friend! It’s so nice to see you again.” Mr. Lee happily said.
“Yeah, it’s been a long time since we returned here.” Mr. Shin chuckled as he scanned the place.
Mrs. Lee entered the room with a drink and placed it on the table, “Soo Jin is not yet around. I think she’ll return for an hour.”
Mrs. Shin, who looks sad, gave her a faint smile, “I guess we just have to wait.”
“So… how’s Hyo Rin? I heard she’s studying at the same school with Soo Jin. Am I right?” Mr. Shin changed the topic seeing that he’s wife was still not on the mood.
“Yes, they’ve always been close to each other. Nothing can even break them apart.” Mr. Lee chuckled.
“I’ve heard that the girls are dating. Is that true?” Mr. Shin raised an eyebrow.
Mr. Lee forced a cough and smiled weakly, “Y-Yes, they are in a relationship now but the guys really love them.”
“They really should cause I might do something if my Ryo Won gets hurt.” Mr. Shin said sternly with a serious look on his face.
“O-Of course, that wouldn’t happen!” Mr. Lee stammered with an obvious fear on his voice.
Mrs. Lee smiled at Mr. Shin and said, “Yunho and Jaejoong are well educated and responsible. You don’t have to worry.”
“Are they one of the Kim’s and Jung’s?” Mr. Shin asked for assurance.
“Definitely yes!” Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Where have you been?” Hyo Rin asked in irritation.
“Somewhere,” Soo Jin said staring blankly at the road.
“Yah! What happened to you?” Hyo Rin asked curiously.
“Am I really a useless friend?” Soo Jin sighed at the thought.
“Of course not! Why did you say that?” Hyo Rin asked as she sat beside her teary-eyed best friend.
“B-But I can’t even do anything for Hyun Joong and Sun Mi!”
“Let them fix their problem on their own!”
“But!”
“Stop it! It might just get worse or you might add more problems for them.”
Soo Jin gave up and sighed, “O-Okay.”

“WHAT?!” Junsu and Changmin shrieked in unison.
“You have a sister?” Yunho asked for the umpteenth time for not believing them.
“I don’t understand. Can you just explain it to us clearly?” Jaejoong said in irritation.
Yoochun nodded and smiled at them weakly, “Fine… well, it’s like this.”

Flashback…
“Mom? Dad? Why you seem so happy?” Yoochun raised his eyebrow thinking that his parents might be going insane.
“Guess it, dear!” Mrs. Park giggled as she continued reading the letter from a red envelope.
“Yah! Just spill it. I don’t have time for those mind reading games!” Yoochun said in irritation.
“Don’t talk to your mother that way!” Mr. Park smacked his son’s head and glared at him.
“Fine… but please tell me what the hell is going on?” Yoochun said as he rubbed his head.
Mrs. Park looked at her husband then to her son, “We’ve found your long lost sister!”
“LONG LOST SISTER??!!” Yoochun shrieked in horror.
“Yeah, so better be a good brother to her!” Mr. Park said as he patted his son’s shoulder.
“Are you kidding me? I have no time for babysitting your so-called daughter! And are you sure that she is your child?! You must be wronged.”
“Who told you that she needs to be babysitted? She’s just about your age and for your information, she is not only are SO-CALLED daughter but also your SO-CALLED sister! And also… we weren’t wronged! We’ve already got DNA tests and it was positive. She’s my daughter!” Mrs. Park smiled at her frowning son.
”Then… where is she now?” Yoochun asked as he crossed his arms.
“You’ll know it soon.” Mr. Park said and looked at his wife who was jumping in joy.
“Let’s go! I need to buy her some clothes. I can’t wait to dress her.”
Yoochun scratched his head and muttered, “I thought she’s the same age as me. Why would you treat her like a small kid?”
“Just ignore your mother. It’s her first time to experience having a daughter.” Mr. Park smiled at his son.
End of Flashback

“So… that’s what happened,” Yunho said with a nod.
“I wonder who your sister is!” Changmin smiled.
“Hmm… me too! I hope she’s beautiful.” Junsu giggled as Yoochun smacked him on the back, “OUCH! That hurts, you know!”
“You deserve it, you ert!” Yoochun smirked.
“Ah! Getting jealous over his sister,” Junsu teased.
“Oh you!!” Yoochun glared at the smiling Junsu.
“Well, then let’s just hope that she’ll not be a fangirl.” Jaejoong said while looking at them.

“Mom! Dad!” Soo Jin smiled as she hugged her parents. “I missed both of you.”
“We’ll just leave you guys,” Hyo Rin said as she pulled her parents out of the living room to give them some privacy.
“We missed you too dear,” Mrs. Shin said as she hugged back.
“Mom, what brought you here?” Soo Jin asked suddenly.
“Why… don’t you want to see us?” Mrs. Shin asked as tears started to fall from her eyes.
“It’s not that! I’m just curious. You’ve always been busy and have no time for me so I’m very thankful that you came here just to see me.” Soo Jin smiled as she comforted her mother. She broke the hug and let them sit on the couch. “Do you want to eat, mom? Dad?”
Mr. Shin shook his head, “No… we’re both full since we’ve eaten already. We’re just here to tell you something.”
“Oh? Okay… I’m listening.” Soo Jin smiled as she looked at her parents.
“Soo Jin…” Mr. Shin started. “You…”
“I hope things won’t change after this.” Mr. Shin said as he looked at his crying wife.
“Dad, what’s wrong? Why is mom crying?” Soo Jin asked in confusion.
“Soo Jin… I know this is hard but…”
“But… what??”
“You… you’re not our daughter.” Mr. Shin looked at his shocked daughter.
“W-What?” Soo Jin asked not believing her ears.
“You were just adopted.” Mr. Shin said while holding his wife’s shaking hand.
“I-I don’t know what to say… Please tell me you’re just joking. Please take back your words! I’m Shin Ryo Won, your daughter!” Soo Jin cried as she hugged her parents.
“We’re really sorry for not telling you this sooner.” Mrs. Shin managed to say and hugged her daughter tightly.
“Mom, please tell me this isn’t true!” Soo Jin cried as she looked at her parents who were shaking their heads.
“Soo Jin, we know that this is really hard for you but what more for us? Don’t you know that we’ve treated you as our own? We’ve loved you as our very own daughter.” Mr. Shin said as he patted Soo Jin’s back.
“I know that cause I’ve felt it! Please promise me that nothing will change even if I’ve already known the truth.”
“Of course, dear!” Mrs. Shin said.
“I love you mom! I love you dad!” Soo Jin smiled at them weakly.