When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

“I’m Always Here for You.” – Kim Hyun Joong

Kim Hyun Joong’s POV

After practicing my steps for the new music video, I decided to call Soo Jin. I just wanted to check if she’s alright. I dialed her number really fast because I already want to hear her voice. Just then, I heard a sad voice on the other line.

 

“Hello? Who’ this?”  She weakly asked.

Lost for words, I managed to reply. “S-Soo Jin, is that you? What happened?”

“Hyun Joong? Uhhh… yes, this is Soo Jin. N-Nothing really happened.” Soo Jin said.

“I don’t think so. Where are you?” Unsure of what Soo Jin said, I quickly got my wallet and keys and hurriedly ran to the door.

“I’m at home. Why?” Soo Jin asked.

“I’ll go there and don’t leave. Just wait for me.” I hang the phone and immediately drove the car to the Lee residence.

 

End of Kim Hyun Joong’s POV

 

Park Soo Jin’s POV

 

Surprised by the call I got, I quickly got downstairs and waited for him to arrive. I really don’t know what to do. Then suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door seeing a panting, Hyun Joong.

“He must have run while coming here!” I thought to myself.

“Soo Jin!” Hyun Joong panted then hugged me so tightly.

“Uhhh… “I managed to say.

“Sorry” He apologized then released me from his warm hug.

“Do you want to come inside for a drink?” I offered.

“No… I just came here because I’m worried of you.” Hyun Joong held my hand.

“Uhhh… I’m fine!” Shocked by his actions, I quickly removed my hand from him.

“You don’t need to hide it from me. I know something is wrong.” Hyun Joong gave a serious look.

“I’m really fine.” I shrugged and looked away from him.

“I know! Let’s go to an amusement park.” Hyun Joong suggested.

“Huh?? Amusement park?? But…” I was cut when Hyun Joong pulled me out of the house.

He opened the car door and motioned me to get in. I followed him while he went to the driver’s seat and started the engine. The journey was quiet until he broke the silence.

“So… is the news true? Are you together with Jaejoong?” Hyun Joong who was uncertain about his question still managed to ask.

I gave him a shocked look. “I-I’m not his girlfriend and we’ve never been together!”

His face seemed to brighten when he heard my answer. “Then… that news about you and Jaejoong isn’t true?”

“Well… apparently, some of it is true.” I clarified. “We sort of hung out together before leaving Japan… but it’s not a DATE!”

Hyun Joong chuckled because of my reaction. “No one’s saying that you dated him.”

“I-I know! I just want to make it clear.” I said but it seemed like I’m denying it.

“Okay, if you say so.” Hyun Joong smiled.

 

After chatting about anything that comes into our mind, we didn’t even realize that we have arrived in the amusement park.

 

“I guess we’re already here.” Hyun Joong smiled then opened the door for me.

“It looks fun.” I smiled and got shocked when he suddenly held my hand.

“Yeah, I haven’t gone here since I debuted as an artist.” He gave a pout that looked so cute.

“Aish! What are you thinking, Soo Jin?! Only adorable things are cute! Or maybe he is…” I thought.

“Where do you want to go first?” Hyun Joong who seemed like a very excited cute boy that got out from his cage asked.

“Hmm… I don’t know. Maybe you should decide.” I smiled and looked around to see where we should go first.

“I think…” Hyun Joong was cut when we heard a very loud growl coming from my stomach.

“Ah… Hehehe sorry!” I apologized and scolded my stomach. “Yah! You’re so wrong timing! It’s not yet time for eating!”

“I guess we have to buy some food first.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“B-But you’re already wanting to go to the amusement park!” I protested.

“I know but the park is just there. It can wait but your stomach can’t. And I’m a bit hungry too!” Hyun Joong said while touching his stomach.

“O-Okay… and thanks!” I bowed then my stomach growled again. “Yes! I’ll eat now so you just have to keep quiet. Pshhh!!”

Hyun Joong chuckled. “Come on! Before your stomach disappear!”

“WAIT! You forgot something!” I stopped him before going inside the park.

“Huh?” He gave me a confused look.

“You’re a big star! You can’t go out in public in that look.” I said.

“Then what should we do?” He asked.

“You mean you don’t really know what to do??” I was surprised by his answer.

“Yes? That’s why I’m asking.” He simply said.

“It’s just simple. You have to disguise.” I said while looking at him. “Wear big glasses that can really hide your whole face and a crazy wig so no one, not even your closest friends, can recognize you!”

“That… that looks interesting.” Hyun Joong grinned.

“Does that reaction mean you don’t have social life like going to malls and clubbing?” I asked.

“Yes, I’m usually at home.” He said with a sad expression.

“Hmmm… come on! Let’s buy some hats and glasses.” I tried to cheer him up and guess… it worked!

 

End of Park Soo Jin’s POV

Soo Jin pulled Hyun Joong at a nearby clothing store. Good thing that there were no girls inside the store because Hyun Joong might get harassed by them.

“Try this. Oh! This one looks cute. And this one too! Wow, this store has lots of cute things.” Soo Jin smiled while putting the hats, glasses, wigs, and other accessories on the basket.

“S-Soo Jin… I guess these are too many. I can’t wear all of them at the same time.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“But they’re too cute! Okay… then just wear the one you’re comfortable with.” Looking at the unused accessories, Soo Jin tried to smile.

Hyun Joong sighed and grabbed the accessories. He wore them one by one and looked at Soo Jin. “Are you happy now?”

Soo Jin looked at him with a very amused expression. “Wow! You… you don’t look like a crazy person who has taken drugs. You’re like a model of a clothing store!”

“I look good on these?” Hyun Joong chuckled.

“Of course, I think you look good on everything!” Soo Jin gave two thumbs up.

“Will I still be recognized?” Hyun Joong asked.

“I don’t think so… but you look so cute!” Soo Jin smiled while pinching Hyun Joong’s cheeks.

Shocked by Soo Jin’s action, Hyun Joong looked away. “Uhh…  I guess you should disguise too.”

“Huh? But I’m not a star like you!” Soo Jin protested.

“For me, you are already a star.” Hyun Joong smiled.

Soo Jin blushed for a second and turned around. “I won’t disguise!”

“You’re so unfair!” Hyun Joong pouted which Soo Jin sensed. She bit her lip knowing that Hyun Joong does that to make her agree.

“Alright! I’ll do it…” Soo Jin gave up and grabbed a hat.

Hyun Joong smiled and fixed Soo Jin’s hat. “It looks perfect on you. Just a big sunglass… and there!”

“Yah! It almost covered my whole face!” Soo Jin protested.

“At least, we’re a pair!” Hyun Joong smiled. “Let’s pay now.”

 

After paying the bills, Hyun Joong and Soo Jin got out of the clothing store. The people were looking at them with those crazy outfits.

 

“I told you this is not going to be good.” Soo Jin lowered her head.

“But you’re the one who suggested to be on disguise.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“But I didn’t say that I’ll be on disguise too!” Soo Jin protested.

“Don’t worry. I’m here with you.” Hyun Joong said then got a hold of her hand.

 

 They went to a restaurant and ordered some food. After a few minutes, the waiter served their food. Hyun Joong whispered something to the waiter then left.  Soo Jin wanted to know what Hyun Joong told the waiter but stopped herself since she is already hungry. She started to eat while Hyun Joong stared at her.

Soo Jin who was busy thinking of what food should she eat next looked at Hyun Joong. “Why aren’t you eating? You don’t like the food? But all of these look so yummy!”

“I just want to look at you. Just by staring at you eating, anyone will know that those foods are delicious!” Hyun Joong smiled.

“But are you sure you don’t want to taste it? It would be a waste if we’ll just leave it here.” Soo Jin said while munching her burger.

“Okay but I think I want to bring some of these at home.” Hyun Joong smiled and got a burger. “Aren’t you comfortable eating in front of me?

“Huh? Why would I?” Soo Jin asked.

“It’s just that many of girls nowadays are very conservative. They want to look good always even in eating in front of guys.” Hyun Joong said.

“But I’m not like them… who cares even if no one will like me? What I want is a happy life without any troubles and problems.” Soo Jin sighed while looking at her unfinished burger.

“I know… you’re different.” Hyun Joong nodded in agreement.

 

Suddenly, a group of musicians played a romantic song in front of them.

 

“Uhh…what are they doing? Did you ask them to do this?” Soo Jin asked.

Hyun Joong smiled which signifies that he planned all of this.

“So this the one he whispered to the waiter.” Soo Jin thought.

 

After listening to the song, Hyun Joong gave flowers to Soo Jin.

Soo Jin accepted it and smiled. “Uhh… thank you. But why are you doing this?”

“I want you to be happy.” Hyun Joong smiled.

Overwhelmed by him, Soo Jin managed to answer. “T-Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Hyun Joong smiled. “So… can I have this dance?”

Soo Jin nodded then Hyun Joong pulled her closer to him. Then the music started playing.

“Thank you so much for being there when I needed help.” Soo Jin said while looking at Hyun Joong.

“Don’t worry… I’ll always be there for you.” Hyun Joong said then kissed Soo Jin on her forehead which made her close her eyes.

They kept on dancing while the other people on the restaurant watch them.

“Wow! Such a cute couple!” A girl said.

“He’s so romantic! I wish my husband is like him.” A lady said.

“Wait! I think I know him. He’s… Kim Hyun Joong!” A fan girl shouted.

“Yeah! And the girl… I’ve seen her somewhere. Oh! She’s Kim Jaejoong’s girlfriend!” Another fan girl shouted.

“NO! She already stole my Jaejoong oppa!” Another fan girl screamed.

“And she’s not only a thief but also a two timer!” Another fan girl shouted.

 

Hyun Joong leaned closer to Soo Jin who was a bit sad by the girls’ accusation. “Soo Jin, don’t listen to them.”

Soo Jin looked at Hyun Joong. “I know… it’s just that I’m being accused of what I am not.”

“Don’t worry. I only believe you.” Hyun Joong assured. “Once I count one to three, you must run. Okay?”

Soo Jin nodded and gave him a weak smile.

“One… two… three!” Hyun Joong said and pulled Soo Jin out of the restaurant. They run and run until they got away from the barging people and fan girls. They went inside the newly fixed Ferris wheel then suddenly the operator tested it… and it worked!

“Whew! That was close.” Hyun Joong panted while wiping his perspiration.

“Will they still find us here?” Soo Jin who was also catching her breath asked.

“I don’t think so.” Hyun Joong said while looking down at the view. “They will not see us up here.”

“Then the only problem is… they saw me with you. It will be a big issue.” Soo Jin lowered her head.” I’m sorry.”

“It’s nothing since you said that you’re not really Jaejoong’s girlfriend.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“I guess you’re right!” Soo Jin smiled then suddenly she felt something wrong. “W-What happened?”

Hyun Joong and Soo Jin looked at the window and saw that the Ferris wheel isn’t moving.

“I guess it stopped.” Hyun Joong said.

“Huh? We’re stuck here?” Soo Jin panicked. “Wait! I’ll call Hyo Rin.”

Soo Jin searched for her bag but her phone isn’t there. “Aish! I don’t have my phone.”

Hyun Joong took his phone but it has no battery. “I’m sorry… I brought my phone but I forgot to charge it.”

Soo Jin started to cry. “It’s not your fault. If there’s no news about me and Jaejoong, this won’t happen. And we don’t need to run away from those fan girls! B-But… I shouldn’t be crying. Maybe the Ferris wheel will be fixed later.” Soo Jin wiped her tears but it didn’t stop.

Hyun Joong moved closer to her and placed her head on his chest. “Don’t worry. I’m always here for you.”