When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

"She's Not My Type!" - Kim Jaejoong

Hyun Joong went closer to Soo Jin and comforted her. “Soo Jin, please stop crying.”

“What if we’ll be stuck here and no one will be able to find us?” Soo Jin cried.

“Don’t worry, I will never leave you,” Hyun Joong smiled as he patted Soo Jin’s head.

“Thank you,” Soo Jin replied until she fell asleep.

Hyun Joong removed his jacket to cover Soo Jin and to avoid her from getting cold.

He looked at her and mumbled, “Sleep well, sleeping beauty.”

“J-Jaejoong…” Soo Jin whispered but Hyun Joong was able to hear her.

He looked at her and smiled weakly, “Whenever I see you smile, I always feel my heart beating so fast. In those times that you were sad, I always want to comfort you. I would always do my best to protect you and make sure that you’re happy. If only you knew my feelings, it would be easier for me though it would be harder for you. I know that what you feel for me is not love but only admiration, just like a fan wanting to support her idol. Don’t worry. I’m willing to forget my feelings for you to be happy.”


The next day…

 

Soo Jin woke up seeing Hyun Joong sleeping beside her, his head rested on her shoulders. She suddenly realized that there was a man knocking on the window.

“Am I dreaming? How can a man float in the air just like that?” Soo Jin mumbled as she rubbed her eyes repeatedly making Hyun Joong awake.

“Uhhh… sorry for waking you up,” Soo Jin apologized.

“It’s okay but you shouldn’t rub your eyes that way.” Hyun Joong said making Soo Jin respond with a nod. He looked at the other side of the window noticing a man. He then took a glance at Soo Jin. “I guess the Ferris wheel is already working since we already reached the lowest part.”

“Really, so I’m not really dreaming!” Soo Jin clapped and pulled Hyun Joong out.

The man who was the operator and in-charge of the Ferris wheel scratched his head and apologized at them. “I’m really sorry that I caused you some trouble.”

“It’s fine sir. After all, we didn’t get hurt.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“Yeah, I should be sorry to since I didn’t open the door.” Soo Jin scratched her head.

“I think we should go now. Thank you again, sir.” Hyun Joong bowed.

The operator smiled and bid his goodbye making Hyun Joong and Soo Jin alone.

“So, wan me to drive you home?” Hyun Joong asked.

“N-No need. I can go home by myself and people might think of something else if they’ve seen us together.” Soo Jin said.

“Okay but can I have a goodbye kiss?” Hyun Joong asked while pointing Soo Jin to kiss him on the cheeks.

Soo Jin blushed, “Eh?”

Hyun Joong smiled, “Goodbye kiss on the cheeks.”

“Uhhh… okay,” Soo Jin was about to kiss Hyun Joong on his cheeks but he turned to face Soo Jin which accidentally made them kiss on the lips.

Hyun Joong didn’t really intend to kiss her on the lips but on the other hand, he really wanted to. Soo Jin was a bit shocked of what was happening. She then pushed Hyun Joong who got surprised by her reaction.

“S-Sorry... I didn’t mean to,” Hyun Joong apologized but still a bit hurt about Soo Jin pushing him.

“It’s okay. I guess I have to go now,” Soo Jin smiled weakly then left. She rode the taxi and told the driver the address of the Lee’s. She wanted to erase the image of Hyun Joong kissing her in her mind. It is not because of not liking the kiss but the feeling of uncomfortable. She just felt that something is missing. After thinking of it for many times, she had already arrived at the Lee residence but was surprised to see Yunho kissing Hyo Rin. She then quietly eavesdropped to their conversation.

“Why did you do that?” Hyo Rin asked while touching her lips.

“I’m sorry but I can’t hide my feelings for you anymore. I tried to stop myself from liking you but whenever I see you, my heart begins to smile. I always wanted to talk to you, touch you, and kiss you. Although I know that you love somebody else, I will still be waiting for you to love me,” Yunho said.

“I-I don’t know what to say. Yunho, I’m… I’m sorry but I don’t have those feelings for you. I only see you as a friend. I hope you’ll understand that.” Hyo Rin said without looking at Yunho.

“Ahh… you don’t have to say sorry. It should be me apologizing to you for saying those things,” Yunho faked a smile and chuckled. “I guess I have to go now.”

“I’m really sorry,” Hyo Rin said feeling guilty for breaking Yunho’s heart.

An upset Yunho, who still managed to smile, left making Hyo Rin dumbfounded. She was about to follow Yunho but decided to go inside the house.

“What was that?” Soo Jin, who was shocked for hearing the conversation, asked herself. Shaking her head for not believing what had just happened, she followed Hyo Rin inside the house. She peeked through the door seeing Hyo Rin watching the television. She walked slowly to her room to avoid making noise and to not be noticed by Hyo Rin. Much to her surprise, Hyo Rin felt her presence ever since she entered the room since she had seen Soo Jin’s shadow. Hyo Rin looked at Soo Jin, who was just in the second step of the stairs for walking slowly but carefully.

“Soo Jin, where have you been?!” Hyo Rin asked in a calm creepy voice.

A surprised Soo Jin turned her back and smiled awkwardly, “I-I went to the amusement park. I forgot about the time since I enjoyed the rides.”

“How come you didn’t even call me last night? Did you know that I have been worried for you?” Hyo Rin said.

“I’m sorry. I won’t let this happen again. I promise,” Soo Jin beamed a smile and sat beside Hyo Rin. She grabbed the remote and switched the channel. “Aish! Why isn’t there any good shows today?”

Switching the channel to a showbiz news show, Soo Jin sighed. Hyo Rin, who was a bit mad a while ago, relaxed and calmed for a while.

 

‘Breaking news: Rumored girlfriend of Dong Bang Shin Ki’s Kim Jaejoong is dating SS501’s leader, Kim Hyun Joong?! Here is the picture of them together wearing weird stuffs. As you can see, they aren’t recognizable but if you look more closely, you will be able to distinguish them.’ The female anchor reported.

 

Soo Jin looked at Hyo Rin and closed the television. “What kind of news is that?” Soo Jin asked while smiling weakly.

“Is that the reason why you got home only this morning?!”Hyo Rin raised her voice and stood up making Soo Jin shutter.

“Hyo Rin, let me explain,” Soo Jin tried to say but a crying Hyo Rin had already run to her room.

Soo Jin followed her but Hyo Rin closed her door before Soo Jin was about to enter.

“Hyo Rin, you shouldn’t believe the news. It wasn’t a date. He just wanted to comfort me so he suggested going to the amusement park. Don’t ever think of anything else,” Soo Jin explained.

“You expect me to believe you? Do you think that I’m insensitive enough to not know that Hyun Joong likes you?” Hyo Rin yelled.

“You should believe me because we’re best friends. Why will you give a damn about that if you know that it will only destroy our friendship? Don’t you trust me? I only see him as a friend, but to tell you the truth, I did like him. I once became his fan but it didn’t grow as a love. It was all just an admiration.” Soo Jin sighed. “If you don’t want to believe me, then it’s fine but always remember that you’ll always be my best friend.”  With that, Soo Jin left with tears escaping from her eyes.

 

Hyo Rin felt guilty for not listening to her best friend. She knew that Soo Jin is telling the truth. She didn’t know that she had almost thrown away their friendship that easily.

 

Meanwhile…

“Where’s Yunho? He’s been gone since last night! What happened to that guy?” Jaejoong muttered while baking some cookies.

“”I guess he’s with Hyo Rin until now,” Yoochun said while stopping Junsu from eating all the baked cookies.

“Yah! I want more!” Junsu pouted.

“Hey guys, watch this!” Changmin, who has been eating crackers, said while eyes stuck on the television.

 “Hyun Joong and Soo Jin? Junsu smiled.

“Are they together now?” Yoochun, moving closer to Changmin, questioned while the others followed.

Jaejoong, whose eyes are glued on TV, stood there dumbfounded.

“This is what I have been expecting. We all know that Hyun Joong has been treating Soo Jin special,” Junsu said in a matter of fact.

“It would be a big issue now that you haven’t cleared to the public that your ‘relationship’ with Soo Jin is already over,” Yoochun said.

“Then what should we do now?” Junsu asked.

“We need to have the presscon immediately,” Jaejoong sighed.

“Okay, I’ll tell our manager about this now,” Changmin said as he dialed the number and talked to the other person on the line.

 

 

Cameras located at every corner of the room, reporters preparing their questions, and paparazzi’s murmurs are found at the press conference room. There were more noise created because of the arrival of Kim Jaejoong, together with Sun Mi and his manager. They allowed the photographers to take pictures of them and after a few minutes, they started the interview.

 

“Mr. Kim, what do you feel about the issue of your best friend Kim Hyun Joong and your rumored girlfriend Park Soo Jin?” A female reporter started.

“Well, first of all Soo Jin never did and is definitely not my girlfriend so there’s nothing to do with me whether she dates Hyun Joong or not.” Jaejoong clarified.

“What about the photos of you and her together with a fan? Isn’t that enough to prove that you had a relationship with Ms. Park?” Another reporter asked.

“It was only a misunderstanding. Maybe that fan thought that we were together but I’ve already said that we never did. Besides, she’s not my type! She has no qualifications on being my girlfriend,” A smiling yet regretful Jaejoong said.

The people laughed at the remark of Jaejoong then they continued asking questions to him until the same reporter a while ago asked him a very intriguing one which made every person in the room silent.

“So who is this beautiful lady beside you?” She asked.

“Well, that’s one of the reasons why we held a press conference. First is to clarify the issue between me and Park Soo Jin and the second is to tell the world that she, Han Sun Mi, is my girlfriend.” Jaejoong smiled and motioned Sun Mi to stand up in front of them.

Sun Mi smiled and bowed while the photographers took pictures of her. “Hi, I’m Han Sun Mi and it’s my pleasure to meet all of you.”

Jaejoong held the hand of Sun Mi and smiled at her.

The people were in awe seeing Sun Mi, whom they thought is so perfect for Jaejoong. They started asking questions again about how they met, their plans as a couple and other stuffs.

Suddenly a reporter asked them, “So when is the wedding?”

Jaejoong didn’t know how to respond since it’s too early to talk about marriage though he did managed to answer the question, “W-We aren’t talking about it yet since we’re still young. I guess we should finish our studies first.”
“Does that mean you’ll really marry her? Another reporter asked while Jaejoong only smiled at his question.

 

“Not his type?! Who cares!! I don’t even like him,” Soo Jin muttered while switching her gaze from the big television.

She sat on a bench beside her thinking of what to feel. She didn’t know if she’ll be mad at Jaejoong or get sad for being jealous. Without realizing it, tears had already escaped from her eyes. She didn’t care whether the passersby look at her. It didn’t hurt her nor made her cry like a river, but the mere fact that Jaejoong broke her heart and crumpled it into pieces. She realized it just now that she had loved Jaejoong all along, but so insensitive for not noticing it. Suddenly, someone offered her his handkerchief. She looked at him realizing that he’s the one and only leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki, Jung Yunho.

“Wipe your tears before I drown because of the flood resulted from your non-stop tears,” Yunho smiled while reaching his handkerchief for Soo Jin.

“Thank you,” Soo Jin said as she wiped her tears while Yunho replied a smile.

He sat beside her knowing that Soo Jin has already stopped crying, “So… what’s your problem? You can tell it to me. We’re friends, right?”

Soo Jin smiled, “It’s nothing. I-I just remembered something.”

“It’s about Jaejoong, right?” Yunho asked more making Soo Jin quiet.

“Your silence means yes”

Soo Jin shook her head making Yunho chuckle, “You don’t have to hide it. Your face tells the exact opposite of what you are saying.”