When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

That’s What Friends Are For

Kim Hyun Joong, who came from Japan, has returned to Korea. Smiling to himself, he dialed his phone wanting to hear the voice of the girl he missed the most.

“Hello?” She answered, “Who’s this?”

“Try to guess,” Hyun Joong smiled.

“Jaejoong, is that you? Don’t put pranks on me cause it isn’t funny!” Soo Jin said.

Hyun Joong frowned at her answer, “It’s me, Hyun Joong.”

There was a long silence on the other line. Soo Jin was embarrassed for what she said until she managed to speak. “I-I thought you were that jerk because he’s been calling me since a while ago.”

“Ahh… so, you were waiting for his call? Sorry, then I guess I have to go.” Hyun Joong tried to smile for he knew that Soo Jin is already happy with Jaejoong, but a big portion of his heart is really in pain.

“Uhh… no, it’s okay.” Soo Jin said, “Do you need anything?”

“Not really, I just want to know if you’re alright. But I guess you sure are.” Hyun Joong said.

“H-Hyun Joong…” Soo Jin mumbled as she noticed the sad tone of Hyun Joong.

“Okay… I still have many things to do. Goodbye, Soo Jin.” Hyun Joong kept his smile as he hung the phone. He looked at his wallpaper, which was Soo Jin, then smiled weakly, “Well, I guess it’s really a goodbye for us.” With that, Hyun Joong changed his wallpaper not wanting to see and remember Soo Jin anymore.

 

“I wonder if our Ryo Won is fine in Korea,” Mrs. Shin sighed. “It’s been a long time since she left us.”

“I’m sure she is since she’s with Hyo Rin and her friends.” Mr. Shin said as he looked at his worried wife. “Don’t worry, Ryo Won has grown up. She can manage being independent.”

“Can I just call her?” Mrs. Shin said with pleading eyes.

“No need, let’s just surprise her.”Mr. Shin smiled.

“I know that smile. We will go to Korea?” Mrs. Shin asked with sparks on her eyes.

“Yeah, why you don’t want?” Mr. Shin said.

“Of course I do want to see our Ryo Won! That would be a good idea.” Mrs. Shin giggled as she thanked her husband with a kiss.

 

“Soo Jin,” Jaejoong called her, yet no response.

“Soo Jin!” He called again but this time with a louder voice making Soo Jin startled.

“E-Eh?” Soo Jin said as she came back to her senses.

“You’ve been like that since we came here. Is there anything disturbing you?” Jaejoong asked worriedly as he looked directly as Soo Jin’s eyes waiting for her answer.

“Not really, I’m fine.” Soo Jin smiled weakly for she knew it was a lie. She felt guilty for making Hyun Joong sad yet she knew that he has been there who helped her in times of her sadness.

“Maybe you’re really bored when I’m with you,” Jaejoong pouted as he lowered his head.

Soo Jin sighed as she lifted his chin, “No, I’m not. The truth is I’m really happy to be with you right now.”

Jaejoong grinned, “Am I good in acting now?”

Soo Jin frowned as she smacked Jaejoong hard on the shoulders, “You sure are mean!”

“You’re mean to me also since you’ve always been smacking me,” Jaejoong said.

“Oh, so I’m mean now?” Soo Jin raised an eyebrow.

Jaejoong smiled as he moved his face closer to Soo Jin’s, “Yes you are because you always tempt me to kiss you.”

Soo Jin blushed, “Jae, did you brush your teeth? Cause it stinks like hell!”

“Really? Do you want to know if it really does?” Jaejoong smirked as he kissed Soo Jin on the lips. He smiled seeing the cute reaction of Soo Jin so he kissed her more passionately making her blink for a couple of times. He stopped kissing her then smiled, “So, how was it?”

Soo Jin didn’t dare to answer his question but instead she pulled his collar and kissed him on the lips. Jaejoong was shocked by her actions not expecting that she would really do that.

“Jae… actually, you taste like a strawberry.” Soo Jin muttered as she continued kissing Jaejoong.

Jaejoong smiled as he let Soo Jin kiss him more, “Don’t you think it’s bad to make out inside the campus?” He asked but didn’t hear Soo Jin reply for she is enjoying the kiss.

 

Meanwhile... on a nearby place, two figures are standing close to each other as they both eavesdropped at the conversation of the other two lovers, Soo Jin and Jaejoong. They were startled to see them kissing in public.

“I knew it! They’re already together,” Hyo Rin said as she kept her voice low.

“Jealous, huh?” Yunho smirked as Hyo Rin gave him a ‘What-are-you-talking-about?’ look.

“Why will I be jealous?” Hyo Rin raised an eyebrow as she glared at Yunho who still kept his smirk.

“Because you did have a crush on Jaejoong,” Yunho muttered.

“You already said it. ‘I DID HAVE a crush on him’” Hyo Rin said as she tried to hide her anger.

“So, you don’t like him anymore?” Yunho asked. “Not even having a single bit of jealousness?”

Hyo Rin smiled, “I won’t ever feel jealous to anyone as long as I’m with you.”

“Really?” Yunho blushed.

“Of course!” Hyo Rin said as Yunho moved his face closer to Hyo Rin.

“Don’t worry. I would always be yours and you’ll always be mine.” Yunho smiled as he planted a kiss on Hyo Rin’s lips.

 

Neither did they know that they were also being spied on by someone else. There were three figures having a disgust look on their face.

“Geez! I won’t do those things in public,” Yoochun shivered in disgust.

Junsu smiled, “I wonder if YooSu fans imagine us doing that.”

Yoochun gave him a ‘Don’t-even-dare-to-try-kissing-me-or-else-I’ll-kill-you!’ look.

“Good thing Cassiopeia fans do not pair me to anyone. All I have is my precious food!” Changmin smiled in relief.

“Oh no, actually we’re all being paired to each other.” Junsu disagreed. “There we’re lot of names about us namely: JaeHo/YunJae, HoChun/2U, JaeMin, JaeChun, HoSu, JaeSu, MinSu/XiMin, and lastly my favorite YooSu!”

Yoochun smacked Junsu hard on the head, “Are you out of your mind now?”

“Yah! I was just kidding,” Junsu smiled as he rubbed the back of his head.

“Honestly, I’m jealous to them because they have their own love life.” Yoochun sighed as Junsu and Changmin widened their eyes.

“REALLY?!” Junsu and Changmin said in unison.

“Don’t worry; there are still girls out there. And I’m still here.” Changmin smiled as he patted Yoochun.

Yoochun widened his eyes and moved away from Changmin, “Y-You too??”

Changmin raised an eyebrow for he has no idea what Yoochun is talking about.

Junsu then burst into laughter, “Hahaha! I really can’t believe it!!”

“What are you talking about?” Changmin asked in confusion.

“Y-You’re a gay!!” Yoochun said in horror.

“WHAT??!! I’m a guy and I like girls!!” Changmin raised his voice.

“Then what are you saying about being still there for me?” Yoochun asked.

“I meant it as a FRIEND!” Changmin said.

Yoochun sighed in relief hearing Changmin’s answer, “I really thought you’re a gay!”

Junsu, who still hasn’t recovered from what he had heard, patted Yoochun on the shoulders and laughed, “I think you need to rest a bit.”

Just when Yoochun was about to react, the bell rang signaling the start of the classes.

“I guess we have to go now,” Junsu smiled as he grabbed the hands of Changmin and Yoochun and dragged them out of their hiding place n the rooftop.

“Yah! I know where to go. You don’t have to drag me,” Yoochun muttered as he removed his hand from Junsu’s grip and stormed away.

“He really needs a lot of rest,” Changmin nodded as he and Junsu with both hands intertwined followed Yoochun.

 

Kim Hyun Joong’s POV

 

I was so upset yesterday that I didn’t even wake up early today. So, now I’m gonna be late for school. As I drove my car, I saw a familiar figure crying on the streets. Knowing that I’m already late, I tried to ignore it but my conscience is killing me. I parked my car on the nearest alley and immediately went to that familiar person. As I started to get closer, I realized that it was a girl. I searched for my handkerchief and handed it to her. When she looked up, I gasped but of course, I have to hide it. It was her, Han Sun Mi, the first girl I loved and broke my heart. I didn’t show any reactions to her but she did accept my handkerchief.

“Thanks,” She gave her sweet smile that was still the same when we first met.

Knowing that she’s just a waste of time, I turned my back and ready to leave but stopped when she spoke.

“Hyun Joong, I’m sorry.” She sincerely said.

I looked at her STILL with no emotions and said, “You don’t have to return my handkerchief. It’s already dirty.” I said in a cold tone then left her. I went back to my car and drove to school. When I reached the school, I immediately went to my classroom. Good thing that the professor hasn’t arrived, I quickly went to my seat. After a few minutes, our professor arrived then started teaching. As he discussed, he noticed Jaejoong not listening to him. He yelled at Jaejoong making him stumble from his chair.

“Mr. Kim, I’m expecting my students to study in my class and not to daydream. Do you understand that?” Our professor angrily said as the students’ attention went to Jaejoong.

“Y-Yes sir,” Jaejoong scratched his head as he went back to seat.

Our teacher continued the lesson and asked the students to answer the questions. When it was Jaejoong’s turn, he couldn’t even answer which made our professor madder.

“Mr. Kim, why can’t you even answer this simple question? What was on your mind lately?” Our professor raised his voice as he looked directly into Jaejoong’s eyes.

“I’m sorry sir. I guess it’s because of love,” Jaejoong said shyly.

I smiled seeing his actions since I really didn’t expect him to say his feelings in public.

Our professor was in silence and nodded his head, “Just make sure that it won’t affect your studies, Mr. Kim.” He said as he continued teaching.

After a while, the bell rang signaling the end of the class. I then decided to talk to Jaejoong.

“So how’s it going?” I smiled at him.

“Very great,” He said with a grin.

“I guess so. Well, congratulations for winning again. I accept my loss.” I sincerely said as he looked at me.

“You mean you don’t have any heartbreak feelings?” He asked.

“Well, it does hurt a lot but I know you and Soo Jin are happy. I guess it’s my destiny to be sad and lonely,” I weakly smiled.

Jaejoong patted me on the shoulder while saying, “Don’t worry. There is always a girl meant for you. All you have to do is to just wait.”

I looked at him and smiled, “Yeah, maybe.”

“Yah! Don’t be sad cause you’re going to look ugly and will make you unattractive to the girls. It will be harder for you to find the right one!” Jaejoong said.

“Girls find it cute too,” I chuckled.

“Yeah right. They love mysterious guys,” Jaejoong smirked.

“Well, thanks for the advice.” I smiled at him.

“That’s what friends are for, right?” He said as he hugged me.

“Stop it. How will I be able to find a girl, if they think of me as a gay?” I joked as he broke the hug.

“Fine but don’t ask me to hug you anymore!” He pouted.

“I won’t!” I chuckled while he smiled.

 

End of Kim Hyun Joong’s POV

 

‘He has always cared for me but what have I given him in return? Hurt and sadness?” Soo Jin thought. “What have I done?” She muttered until someone approached her from behind.

“Soo Jin, is that you?” Someone asked as she looked back seeing the ex-girlfriend of Jaejoong, Sun Mi.

So Jin nodded as Sun Mi smiled at her. Sun Mi sat beside her and asked, “Can I join you here?”

“Sure,” Soo Jin smiled in return.

“I remembered last time that I asked you to be my friend, right? But then we didn’t get closer,” Sun Mi started the conversation.

“Yeah, I feel uncomfortable around you.” Soo Jin nodded in agreement.

Sun Mi smiled, “Now that you’re saying it to me, you don’t feel awkward anymore?”

“Somewhat…” Soo Jin said.

“I’ll accept that as a yes,” Sun Mi smiled.

“Uhh… can I ask you something?” Soo Jin looked at Sun Mi.

“Yeah sure… anything but not about Math since I’m bad with it,” Sun Mi chuckled.

“Don’t worry cause it isn’t about Math. It’s about Hyun Joong.” Soo Jin said as Sun Mi gave her a small nod.

“What is it?” Sun Mi asked.

“Well, I was just wondering if you still have feelings for him.” Soo Jin lowered her head not wanting to see Sun Mi’s reaction.

“Now that you mentioned it, I guess no.” Sun Mi said making Soo Jin frown. “But I do miss him.”

Soo Jin looked at Sun Mi in shock for what she had said, “Really?”

“Yeah, but I guess things will not really work for us.” Sun Mi sighed.

“There’s no impossible in this world. Sure, love might be gone for a while but as time passes you won’t even realize that your love for him returned.” Soo Jin smiled.

Sun Mi chuckled, “What do you mean by saying that? Hyun Joong and I, back together?” Soo Jin replied with a nod while Sun Mi patted her shoulder, “I know what you’re trying to do. Don’t worry. Hyun Joong and I are fine.”

“But-” Soo Jin was cut when Sun Mi spoke.

“Let’s just end this conversation here. Thank you Soo Jin for being such a good friend to me, though I haven’t even shown you anything yet.” Sun Mi smiled as she hugged Soo Jin.

Soo Jin chuckled, “Well actually we’re not really that close for you to hug me, but I guess I can say that you’re already my friend.”

Sun Mi giggled as she broke the hug, “I’m sure I’m going to be one of your best friends soon!”

“Let’s see what the future brings us,” Soo Jin smiled.

“I guess I have to go now. Nice talking to you,” Sun Mi stood up and smiled at Soo Jin.

“Okay, goodbye!” Soo Jin smiled as she waved at Sun Mi, who was walking away with a big smile written on her face.

“I guess as a friend I have to help the both of you,” Soo Jin mumbled as she thought of a better plan.

 

Later that day, Soo Jin got a chance to talk to Hyun Joong.

“Are you free later?” Soo Jin asked.

Hyun Joong looked at her in confusion, “Yes I am. Why?”

Soo Jin smiled, “Can you go to this place?” She said as she handed a paper to him.

“What’s this?” Hyun Joong asked as he looked at the paper.

“Promise me first!” Soo Jin said with pleading eyes.

“Okay, I promise.” Hyun Joong smiled as he looked at Soo Jin.

Soo Jin giggled, “Well, let’s call it a date!”

“Huh?” Hyun Joong looked at her with a ‘Did-you-just-said-DATE?’ look.

“Okay goodbye! Be sure to come or else I’m going to be sad.” Soo Jin smiled as she left a confused Hyun Joong.

‘Yay! I did it. I hope my plan will work.’ She thought as she grabbed her phone from her pocket and called someone.