Scanning

Wild Eyes

 

Author's note: I'm here again to provide you some thrill. Thank you for the votes, subscriptions and comments. Really appreciate them :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

- HOURS LATER AT A SMALL BAR -

 

Junjin, Eric and Hyesung were already seated waiting for the other members, cups in hand.

 

 

"Are we really drinking in the middle of the afternoon? Such an idea, mikkulajji!" Hyesung said pinching Eric's cheek.

 

 

Eric winced and chuckled. "We've done worse, you know that. It's just that we need to clear some things up. That's the real reason for this hangout."

 

 

Andy came in and sat on a spot next to Junjin. "Like what, hyung?"

 

 

"Wow Andy, you sure know how to play the clueless guy these past few years."

 

 

"I rather that than paying attention to everything. It can become very overwhelming." Andy said remembering the time he wanted to protect Junjin so badly.

 

 

Eric took another sip of his cup. "Well, you'll know about our topic today as soon as Dongwan and Minwoo arrive here. And don't try to get in my head. It won't work." 

 

 

"Okay then... Miss, one more beer round!" Hyesung said to the waitress who was getting to their table.

 

 

Few minutes later, Minwoo and Dongwan walked in the bar together. Eric couldn't help but gasp after quickly reading both minds. But then realizing there were people around him, he held himself and focused directly on Minwoo.

 

 

'Please Minwoo-ah... Get that idea out of your head!'

 

 

Minwoo frowned staring back at the leader. 'Yaaah! I'm shutting you off!'

 

 

Eric was about to stand to confront Minwoo when Junjin spoke out as he put a hand in his hyung's shoulder to make him sit back. "Ooh... so you're together again, lovebirds?"

 

 

Minwoo snorted as he sat down. "Sort of... That will all depend on the conversation we'll have here."

 

 

"What do you mean?" Andy asked.

 

 

"Eeeisshhh Andy-ya..." Junjin said as he chuckled. Andy laughed shyly.

 

 

As Eric was about to start the conversation, their tables' waitress came with the beverages. "Enjoy your drinks, gentlemen."

 

 

"Ooh, thank you, Miss." Minwoo said as he discreetly gave her a tip. That didn't go unnoticed by Eric.

 

 

Minwoo took his cup and swallowed the contents in one sip.

 

 

"Woaah... Must be serious what you are about to say." Andy said stunted on how Minwoo gulped his drink.

 

 

Minwoo leaned back on his chair. "It involves a certain person... Kangta... Ring any bells?"

 

 

Hyesung huffed. He didn't like to bring up Kangta, since he used to be his friend. It still hurt him that he ended up betraying him making him a vampire, even though he knew he wasn't totally himself at that time. He still felt guilty about that. "What about him? Why we have to keep reminding of him? He's dead.... Right?" 

 

 

Minwoo proceeded as he pointed to Eric, Junjin and Dongwan. "Not really, well according to these three gentlemen. He is very much alive."

 

 

Hyesung's jaw dropped. "Huh?!!? But... but..."

 

 

"And I still crave blood." Minwoo calmly confessed. 

 

 

"What?!?" Andy and Hyesung said simultaneously.

 

 

"Ooh so I see our maknae and lead singer weren't also aware of the current events. Now why would that be... Hmmm..." Minwoo said smirking.

 

 

Hyesung looked straight at Eric. "Ya!! What's this? Hiding things from me?"

 

 

Eric had a death glare on Minwoo. "No Sungie... Aiiissh Minwoo-ahh! I wanted to start off this conversation." 

 

 

"Where is he?" Hyesung suddenly asked.

 

 

"I'll make sure to take you.." Minwoo said as he stood up.

 

 

Dongwan took the opportunity to stand up as well and drag his partner out before he could finish speaking. "All right, that's enough... Let's go!!!!"

 

 

"Where is he?!?" This time, Hyesung yelled his words.

 

 

Eric bowed his head. "At the hospital, near Shincom."

 

 

Hyesung abruptly got up and headed out. Eric went after him. "Sungie-ah!!!"

 

 

Only Junjin and Andy were left inside the bar, holding their drinks. Andy just shrugged. "I'm not going to waste my drink." 

 

 

Junjin leaned back while taking another sip. "Me neither. I'm sure they'll be able to take care of their problems after resolving their trust and love issues."

 

 

"You've been talking a lot with Eric hyung lately huh? Going smart in a crazy way, huh?" Andy asked.

 

 

Junjin chuckled. "I was always smart."

 

 

Andy could only laugh at this. "Pabo! But yeah you are right. As youngsters, we should let the adults handle this." 

 

 

Junjin eyed the maknae before standing up to head out. "Screw it... Let's check if they will be okay."

 

 

Andy followed him. "Hyung, wait up!"

 

 

Walking outside, they see both Hyesung and Eric still arguing. Minwoo and Dongwan were nowhere in sight.

 

 

"Sungie-ah, let's just go home." Eric begged.

 

 

Hyesung glared at the leader. "Ya!!! I can walk alone, you stupid liar. You go alone!"

 

 

Eric linked his arm with Hyesung's, dragging him to the parked van in which Bogeun, Eric's manager, was waiting in at the driver's seat. "Aiiissshhh Sungie-ah! Just get in the car."

 

 

"I think we should go with them." Junjin said as he pulled Andy closer to the car.

 

 

Opening the van door, Bogeun sighed seeing his boss' partner state. "Drunk again, hyung?" 

 

 

"It's a long story. Just drive us home." Eric said all tiredly.

 


- EARLY EVENING AT ERIC'S PLACE -

 

The leader had to drag Hyesung in his apartment so he could explain himself. Seeing his partner's patience, he decided to go straight to the matter.

 

 

"Sungie-ah, you trust me right?"

 

 

"Why?" Hyesung asked with a straight but still mad face.

 

 

"Minwoo will ask you to do something. Just don't or I'm afraid we might lose him."

 

 

This got Hyesung worried that he even forgot about his anger. "What is it? Since I'm feeling you are blocking your mind, then it must be something dangerous."

 

 

"Just trust me, okay?"

 

 

"Here you go again with that stupid secrecy.... Aaaaiiishhh seriously..." Hyesung was feeling defeated. He definitely realized he couldn't fight Eric anymore. It was pointless.

 


- AT DONGWAN'S -

 


Minwoo sat on a chair, feeling quite exhausted. 

 

 

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

 

 

"For what?" Dongwan replied back from the kitchen.

 

 

"Hyemin... and blowing up like I did earlier. I'm sorry..."

 

 

"Let's just forget about this and focus on a way to get Kangta."

 

 

"Yeah..." Minwoo simply replied.

 

 

"Let me just get some drinks for us first. The ones at the bar were barely enough."

 

 

As Dongwan was still moving around the kitchen, Minwoo took out, from his pocket, an almost empty vial of his own blood and started pondering.

 

 

'Kangta might want to twist things up. Yeah, I need to change the plan... Thank goodness I came later to the bar with Wannie... That will help... Now Eric still believes I'll use Hyesungie. That's good. No one dear will die this time. I'll make sure of it...'

 

 

Dongwan walked in where Minwoo was, holding two cups and a soju bottle. "Thinking alone again? By the way, are you sure you want to do what we are doing tonight? You really think recalling for love will make Kangta change his mind?"

 

 

"I'm hoping it will. If not, well... we'll see." Dongwan sat next to Minwoo, who took the other's hands in his. "No matter what happens, just stay with me, okay?"

 

 

Dongwan put a small smile on his face. "Always. I'm sorry I made you feel insecure."

 

 

"I'm okay now. But please... Do not hide anything else from me."

 

 

Dongwan pecked Minwoo's lips as a response, which got the other one smiling. Then Dongwan closer but Minwoo stopped him by caressing his partner's face with both his hands.

 

 

"Even though I'm starting to enjoy where we are heading, I gotta pay a visit to Hyesung. I'll see you later." Minwoo then all happy made his exit. As he closed the door, he sighed heavily and went on.

 


- FEW MINUTES LATER AT HYESUNG'S APARTMENT -

 

'I need to get Hyesung the blood, or I won't be able to protect him.' Minwoo thought as he pressed the code from Hyesung apartment.

 

 

Seeing no one around as he got in, he started searching. "Hyesung-ah? Wake up." 

 

 

"Oooh... How did you get in?" Hyesung asked as he popped in the living room, barely awake.

 

 

"Your code is not so difficult to figure out."

 

 

Hyesung chuckled. "That mikkulajji... So what's up?"

 

 

Minwoo walked to the sofa to seat. "I need a drink first..."

 

 

"I think I might have a whiskey bottle somewhere."

 

 

Hyesung disappear into his kitchen and came back soon after, drinks in hand. "So what brings you here?"

 

 

"I feel bad all this is happening to you guys is all because of me. It's screwing with our lives. There are times when I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

 

 

"It's okay. It's not your fault. We are all victims here, including Kangta, but unfortunately his ambition got the best of him. Hyesybg then halted realizing something. "Damn it's been a while we talked frankly like this... I assumed your first choice on this kind of conversation would be Eric."

 

 

Minwoo cleared his throat. "I needed to talk to someone I don't usually confess to and who I wasn't mad at as well. You were the best choice so far, Mama Bird. Huh... Can I have some water? I think my throat is a bit dry."

 

 

Hyesung stood, leaving his cup on the small table in front of them. "Okay. Hold on... Also you know we should go easy on the drinks. We got a showcase to get ready for."

 

 

"I haven't forgotten, mama bird." Minwoo said smiling As he saw Hyesung retreating to the next room.

 

 

Coming back from the kitchen, the lead singer found Minwoo putting blood on the glass. "What are you doing?"

 

 

"It makes the drink tastier for me. Ooh... thanks for the water." Minwoo said as he was handed the cup. The short one had decided beforehand to put the blood from the vial he had on him in Hyesung's and his cup, in case he would get discovered. He was glad he only was caught when putting the content on his own cup.

 

 

"Cheers." Minwoo said lifting his glass. They clung their drinks and downed the content. Minwoo smiled.

 

 

Resting his glass, Hyesung sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't pay close attention you had your own dilemma, that you were not totally free from the vampiric cravings. How are you dealing?"

 

 

Minwoo looked up. "I wish I could fix it all in an instant."

 

 

"And we will. Tonight. Yeah... Eric told me that you might need me for something. Just be careful, okay?"

 

 

"Big mouth of his... I got to go. Sorry if I took your time." Minwoo said standing up.

 

 

"Eric is snoring today that's why I decided to sleep here till his alcohol wears off a bit. You just did me a favor of keeping me company."

 

 

Minwoo reached on something on his pocket and handed it to Hyesung. "Keep this. In case I run in danger, you can track me with this device."

 

 

Hyesung frowned remembering what Eric told him. 'Now why would Eric say no to helping protect him? How can I refuse tracking him in case he get in trouble?'

 

 

Hyesung then nodded and clutched the small device in his hands, keeping it safe.

 

 

Minwoo turned around relieved to make his exit, and after closing the door, he held up what was left of the vial. "This small amount will protect one more person."


 

- AN HOUR LATER, AT THE HOSPITAL -

 

It was time. Minwoo and Dongwan headed to the building, where Kangta was still laying in coma, through the backdoor. The main dancer had spoken in advance with the janitor who worked there to open that area for them. Since he was a fan, it was much easier to persuade him.

 

 

They managed to get to the second floor, and headed quickly to room 307, Kangta's room.  

 

 

Before Minwoo could open the door to the room, something felt off for him. The next thing he remembered was getting slightly dizzy and falling to the ground, Dongwan just looking at him as his eyes lazily shut themselves.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Note about story: I'm getting close to end this story. Lost count of how many times people almost got killed in this story, hehehe! 

Note about chapter: So now again what is going to happen to Minwoo? What about Dongwan? And when will Minwoo stop being in trouble? Next chapter, *evil laugh*