Doubting

Wild Eyes

 

Author's note: Sorry I took long... Wanted to provide a longer chapter. Enjoy and keep up with the comments, votes and subscriptions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Not till you tell me how we get rid of this curse that has been terrorizing us for good."
 
 
 
'Well, first.... you have to kiiiill me~' Kangta sing sang. His face showed a twisted smile.
 
 
 
 
Dongwan furiously opened his eyes, making sure he kept the mind contact. 'You bastard! Even unconscious you still are a pain in the !!'
 
 
 
"Sorry if my ghost won't let you leave in peace. By the way, aren't you suppose to be with you dear members now?'
 
 
 
'You are so lucky Junjin was on the way when he got you here or I would have killed you back then...'
 
 
 
'I'm still a high profile singer... So thoughtful of Junjin to think of that...'
 
 
 
'I'm not going to let you go this time.'
 
 
 
As Dongwan was getting closer to the bed to attack Kangta, a nurse came in the room.
 
 
 
"Sir, visiting time is over."
 
 
 
Dongwan backed up and turned around, making sure to look calm. "I'll be heading out."
 
 
 
Then he stared at Kangta once more. 'You won't last till tonight.'
 
 
 
'Can't wait.' Kangta replied back as Dongwan went out.
 
 
 
 
- BACK AT THE STADIUM - 
 
 
Eric's manager got up from his chair. "I think we should head to the press conference now. Hope Dongwan shows up at least while it's happening."
 
 
 
"Eric hyung, aren't you coming?" Junjin asked seeing all were already our except him.
 
 
 
Eric turned to look at Junjin. 'I think I might have an idea where Dongwan may have gone to and I'm sure you know it too.'
 
 
 
'Yeah, afraid so.'
 
 
 
"Let's go take care of this conference first." Eric said out loud, dragging Junjin with him.
 
 
 
 
- ON THE ROAD - 
 
 
 
Dongwan held firmly to the steering wheel, as he was deep in his thoughts. 'Now how am I going to get rid of him? He is being well watched. Unfortunately if I have to do something to him with my mind, eye contact is needed... Can't live any trace... Damn I'm so late... Eric is going to kill me.'
 
 
 
'Not if I can help with that.' A strange voice said from the back seats. Startled, he stepped on the brake to stop the car.
 
 
 
"What the?!!" Then, when he looked back, he saw who is the owner of the voice. "Gomdori!!! Hoo....how did you end up here?"
 
 
 
Gomdori jumped to the front seat. 'Sneaked in. Long story. So you want to tame the mikkulaji beast? Leave that to me.'
 
 
 
"Now I have you too to worry about..." Then the started patting his pocket.", remembering something.
 
 
 
"Ooh... my phone.... Forgot to turn it back on...." Turning it on, it started ringing insanely with messages and missed calls. "Oh my... I need to reply those back."
 
 
 
He decided to call Eric first. "Hello? I'm on... Listen.. I'm.. Aiiishh... Eric. I'm on my way. I'll explain later."
 
 
 
Gomdori butted in. 'Why didn't you let me do the explaining for you?'
 
 
 
Dongwan just hang up the phone, restarting the car to head back on the road. "So you can make phone calls too?"
 
 
 
'Don't tell me you thought Eric was speaking to a girl when he would stay on the phone for hours.. Get real!!'
 
 
 
'Tsk..."
 
 
 
After few minutes, they could finally see the stadium. "Okay, we arrived. I'll leave you with Sanghoon. Please don't do anything stupid.'
 
 
 
Gomdori, already on Dongwan's arms, lifted his paws to his holder's chest. 'Doggumongie!!! I rather stay with you than your manager....'
 
 
 
"Heeeeiiiisshh!!" Dongwan said as they got out the car to meet up with his manager.
 
 
 
"Hyung where were you? I tried to call you insanely. The press conference is about to star.. Why is Gomdori with you?"
 
 
 
"Life insurance! Here, keep him." Dongwan said as he handed him the dog.
 
 
 
"But..." Sanghoon didn't get time to finish his sentence seeing Dongwan already left to the dressing room. He just scratched his head looking at Gomdori.
 
 
 
 
- AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE ROOM -
 
 
 
Dongwan sat discreetly in the last seat on the side of the press table. The other members eyed him quickly except for Eric who was introducing the meeting.
 
 
 
"...so... Oooh!!! Dongwan-ssi is here!"
 
 
 
Dongwan stood up to greet everyone. "Hello. Kim Dongwan here. Please to meet you."
 
 
 
Eric carried on after Dongwan sat back down. "Now the reason why we are here is to welcome back our member who was absent for quite some time and I'm sure you must have plenty of questions in your minds. Minwoo..."
 
 
 
Minwoo got his face close to his mic. "Thank you Eric. Well humm... I'm here. It was tough. I was taking care of myself and reflecting."
 
 
 
Junjin nudged him to the side, whispering. "Ya.. That's not what we agreed on."
 
 
 
Minwoo didn't even stop to look at his dongsaeng. "I'm sure you heard many rumors. But that is what it is. The truth. I felt I needed to refocus, think of life, refocus..."
 
 
 
"What is he saying?" Dongwan asked, looking at Andy. The maknae just shrugged.
 
 
 
"I'm here now, hopefully to not leave again. Sorry for worrying my family, my fans, everyone. Life still blossoms. Let's be happy." Minwoo said and right after he grinned.
 
 
 
Bogeun got up from his seat, to address to the public who was patiently waiting for answers. "Humm... Thank you, Minwoo-ssi. Now if you have any questions, now is the time. Please take turns."
 
 
 
A woman stood up with her small tape recorder in hand. "Hello, I'm Han Jinah from SBC news. Minwoo-ssi, since your retreat was something you decided to do and not necessarily an illness, why wasn't there a previous announcement of your leave?"
 
 
 
Eric intervened. "We actually decided to keep it that way."
 
 
 
"But you said that he passed back then. Many actually mourned for him." The reporter Jinah said.
 
 
 
Eric decided to carry on. "At first, we thought he did because he disappeared so suddenly but then when we found him back, we had already made it public about his death so we couldn't go back on our announcement. Look, I believe the most important think here is that he is within us now."
 
 
 
"Any other questions?"
 
 
 
"Yes. Hello, I'm Lee Sungyoo from MPC Entertainment. Could you clarify us about the two years you were in hiatus of why you kept avoiding fans and the public so much?"
 
 
 
"This conference is strictly about Minwoo-ssi's comeb..."
 
 
 
"Bogeun, it's okay. Sungyoo-ssi, that time was very delicate for us. We thought we needed a break to rest. We were not avoiding the fans, we just didn't approached them directly. We went off radar during the time we went to the army and came back. We were so glad to see our fans grow with us. We are nothing without our Shinhwa Changjo!"
 
 
 
"When is this going to be over? I want to pee..."
 
 
 
"Hyung!! Hold it there."
 
 
 
"Everyone, with this, we'll wrap up this conference. Thank you for coming and enjoy the rest of the day."
 
 
 
"'Cause we're Shinhwa-imnida!! Thank you." They all said right after as they bowed and made their leave quietly except for Junjin who just bolted to the nearest bathroom.
 
 
 
Everyone laughed.
 
 
 
Minwoo sighed heavily. "Woooaahh, that was stressful."
 
 
 
"Life still blossoms? Really hyung? Your lines sometimes..." Andy said.
 
 
 
"What? It does!!!" Minwoo said.
 
 
 
Eric shook his head. "Pabo!!"
 
 
 
Minwoo thought then he had to explain himself. "I'm just trying to think positively, after all I have been through, it kinda helps. By the way mister, where were you earlier?"
 
 
 
'I'll explain!!' Gomdori said as he walked in where all were still standing.
 
 
 
"Ya!! How did Gomdori get here?" Eric asked all surprised.
 
 
 
"I.... kinda... brought him here..." Dongwan said very hesitantly.
 
 
 
Gomdori intervened right after. 'He's innocent. He went to look for me, that's why he took long to come join you guys.'
 
 
 
Eric squinted his eyes, checking...
 
 
 
Dongwan slapped Eric knowing where he was getting at. "Forget it. You won't get anything from my mind."
 
 
 
 
"Okay fine... Let's just head back to the office. We need to sort out to see what impact the conference made, then go back to practice." Eric decided.
 
 
 
Gomdori got all excited. 'Can I come? Can I come???'
 
 
 
Eric crossed his arms. "Sure, but no women lapping.."
 
 
 
Gomdori just whimpered.
 
 
 
Even though most relaxed after Gomdori's explanation, Minwoo was still feeling Dongwan was hiding something from him.
 
 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Note about story: Gomdori back again hehe! Hope you liked the bit of humor in it.

Note about chapter: Now how long Dongwan will keep his secret, and will Minwoo find out? More on future chapters...