Brighter

Wild Eyes

 

Author's note: I left you in a cliffhanger. Hope you are enjoying it. Keep the votes, subscriptions and comments coming.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dongwan breathed in. "Minwoo-ah, listen to me..."

 

 

"I'm tired of things being hidden from me. My powers are out of control. I just want answers!!!" Minwoo said all upset, even tears were coming out.

 

 

Hyemin was all teary as well, struggling to get released, so scared for her life. "Oooopppaaa... What... is going... on?"

 

 

Dongwan slowly started to move closer, with his hands up. "Bongie... let go of her... She has nothing to do with this..."

 

 

Minwoo's canines were already extending. He looked straight at Dongwan, no soul in his eyes.

 

 

"She will now..." And he went for Hyemin's neck, piercing it, oozing in her blood to his mouth. The girl couldn't help but whimper desperately.

 

 

"Nooooo!!!" Dongwan screamed as he ran to grab Minwoo by his shoulder. "Let go of her, please!! I'll tell you!!!!"

 

 

Minwoo refrained himself from feeding, turning his back at everything. Dongwan got hold of Hyemin before she would fall and put her gently on the ground. Her eyes were closed but thankfully she was still breathing.

 

 

"Speak... before I change my mind and kill you both." Minwoo said, gritting his teeth full of blood, still not facing Dongwan.

 

 

"I... I found out Kangta may be the one keeping us trapped in this curse." Minwoo was already wiping his mouth but after hearing Dongwan he stopped and turned around.

 

 

"What? He isn't dead?!?"

 

 

"N-no..." Dongwan hesitantly said.

 

 

Minwoo started backing up, looking confused. "You lied to me..."

 

 

"No, he didn't." They both turned to the door to see the leader standing there.

 

 

"Eric, please... Let me.." Dongwan begging.

 

 

Minwoo's anger was building up again. "So... Everyone knew about this except... me?"

 

 

At that point, Hyemin started waking up. "What's going on?... Eric oppa... Am I dreaming?"

 

 

Eric held her face and made her look straight in his eyes. "Hey there... Just relax and go back to the practice room. Nothing happened here, we were chatting and you decided to go check on the other dancers. Now go. Jin-ah, help her out and put a towel around her neck."

 

 

Junjin, who was next to the door, got in and took Hyemin out.

 

 

Minwoo balled his fists, staring down. "Can someone just explain to me everything?"

 

 

Eric stood up from his kneeled position. "Only Junjin and I knew about Kangta still being alive. Dongwan found out just few days ago actually through violation of privacy."

 

 

"Sorry, Eric-ah... It just happened..." Dongwan said head bowed down.

 

 

"It's my own fault. I should have kept my mind well protected."

 

 

"How much do you know?" Minwoo asked.

 

 

"As a leader, I need to know enough. If I don't tell you everything, it is for your own protection. That actually might be my biggest mistake."

 

 

Minwoo tears started coming back. "The hell with protection!! Tell me please... That's all I'm asking..."

 

 

"Not now guys. Let's just finish up what we are suppose to do here, cool off and discuss everything later."

 

 

Minwoo started walking off. "I'm sorry... I can't stay here..."

 

 

"Bongie-ah.. Wait!" Dongwan yelled as he ran after Minwoo.

 

 

"Aiisshh!!! I guess practice time was cut short." Eric said.

 

 

Junjin nudged his leader. "We should have told Dongwan hyung that we were aware that he knew. He might have trusted us in asking for help."

 

 

Eric sighed. "Yeah, I know... Let's head back."

 

 

- AT THE SHINCOM PARKING LOT -

 

Reaching Minwoo, Dongwan back hugged him. "Bongie, don't leave..."

 

 

Minwoo tried to get himself free. "Let go of me. I want to be alone."

 

 

"Again? Don't do this to yourself. Let us help." 

 

 

Minwoo raised his arms, releasing himself and turning to face Dongwan. "Help? You all are being secretive and you think this is helping me? Screw you!!"

 

 

Minwoo turned back to leave but Dongwan carried on.

 

 

"I wanted to protect you. Look, Kangta would have been dead a long time ago and believe me, I would have done it with my own hands if I could. The problem is he is well known. We can't just eliminate him like that."

 

 

Turning back around, Minwoo snorted. "Accidents happen..."

 

 

"No, we can't just kill him. First he has to tell us exactly how we can be free from our curse, but he is being difficult."

 

 

Minwoo scratched his head, getting frustrated. "Seriously, why didn't you tell me this before? Aaaiisssh!! You guys aren't doing it right. One thing I learned during my time in the streets was that the best way to kill an opponent is by attacking him with his own weakness, and I know exactly what that weakness is. I'll make sure tonight our nightmare to be over for good."

 

 

Dongwan has never seen Minwoo so determined but in a dark way and this was getting him scared, especially since he couldn't go on his mind. He was definitely protecting it. Looks like Minwoo's strong and confident self came back, and at this point he could be dangerous as well.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Note about story: I went softer this time. Hope you liked the intense scene. I'm keeping in mind your comments as I write this story of course :)

Note about chapter: Let's hope Minwoo won't do anything drastic this time. I hope my fingers won't write that hehehe! Till next chapter...