Atomic Currents 2: Session, Bloodshed and Bullheaded

Magnet

Two different models exist for magnets: magnetic poles and atomic currents

 

 

“Ouch!!” Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, proclaimed as a respected member of the biggest and most powerfull gang in Dukryang, squeaked loudly. He flinched away, avoiding his body from Sungmin who was standing on his knee in front of him.

 

If Sungmin was not holding alcohol, roller bandages and antiseptics to clean Kyuhyun’s stomach area, the blonde certainly would smack Kyuhyun’s head because of his sudden movement. “Don’t move!” he instructed sternly and started to clean the outskirt area of Kyuhyun’s injured stomach.

 

After their little ‘sharing laughes’ session, the two boys felt more relaxed around each other. The cynical mood was still there, but the tense was thrown outside the window. Slowly, they were getting comfortable with the presence of other.

 

Kyuhyun still refused to go to the Hospital or to get help from doctors, or anyone with the capability to treat his injury. Eventhough Kyuhyun didn’t give any explanation about his refusal, Sungmin didn’t feel upset. When Kyuhyun requested Sungmin to help him clean and treat all wounds using first aid medicines, Sungmin, despite his anxiousness over the serious injuries, didn’t object. Without any options, the blonde President agreed to help Kyuhyun. Moments later, Kyuhyun was sitting at the couch, exposing his upper body while Sungmin stood on his knee and started to begin his work.

 

“Carefull will you?! It hurts!!” Kyuhyun protested before giving the blonde more access to his bleeded stomach.

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes. “It hurts now? Where was that feeling when you were fighting and received these wounds?” Even though Sungmin sounded really annoyed and tempted to knock-shut Kyuhyun’s mouth, he was still pressing Kyuhyun’s injured stomach gently with a covered-antiseptic towel. “Don’t be such a baby.”

 

When Kyuhyun’s open wounds had contact with the antiseptic, the rebel spasmed in an instant. “OUCH!!” he yelled, making the blonde moved backward a little in surprised. “I said CAREFULL!” Kyuhyun ranted loudly.

 

Sungmin’s stunned a second before making a fierce expression. He glared at Kyuhyun while having battle thoughts of whether he should go taekwondo on him, or pour all the antiseptic over his open wound to make him shut up. Wisely, he choose the ‘sane’ option of having discussion with the rebel. “That’s why I told you to go to a hospital. I’m not a doctor! You have a serious laceration for god’s sake!”

 

“No! I told you I don’t need hospital or doctor. It gets better in a few days. It only needed to be cleaned and bandaged.” Kyuhyun controlled his breath and replied in a calmer tone this time. “I had more severe wounds than this and it healed that way.”

 

A heavy breath was released from Sungmin’s lips. He closed his eyes and shrugged a little before replied. “Bear with the pain then. I’m not professional, so I can’t guarantee it will be smooth.” Sungmin sighed defeatedly and restarted his previous action. The blonde poured another antiseptic and alcohol on a towel. He squeazed the towel lightly, making the liquids mixed on it. With a slow gesture, Sungmin put it on Kyuhyun’s belly, letting the open-wound touch and absorb the chemicals contained.

 

Ugh.

Kyuhyun strunged a bit. It was painful, more painful now than the time Kyuhyun got all of those injuries. Kyuhyun held his breath and stiffened his body. He was making a full-guard body system to hold the pain.

 

Kyuhyun needed distraction. He urgently needed it in order to forget about the continuous pain during this treatment. When his mind was still attempting to think, his wondering eyes alerted something: Sungmin’s fascinated facial expression caught in his line of vision.

 

The blonde looked concentrated and a bit cautious. He had his eyebrows gathered straight to the middle, his eyes sharp and keen as talons, mouth tight closely together making-

 

Is he pouting?

Kyuhyun blinked twice, as if trying to make sure of what he saw. Tried as he might, Kyuhyun couldn’t stop his right-side lips to curl upwards, making a smirk. He continued to observe the blonde who, in Kyuhyun’s opinion, was passionate and a lively person, not to mention a really beatiful one. The way Sungmin cleaned and treated his wounds with a lot of care and eagerness, making Kyuhyun a little fluttered. Thanks to Sungmin’s alluring charm, Kyuhyun didn’t remember how hurt and painful his wounds feels like. Aside from enjoying the sight, Kyuhyun also struggled not to release his laugh.

 

It was not an easy job. Sungmin admitted, he needed full concentration to clean Kyuhyun’s open wounds. It was deep and quite big to the point he could see his inner flesh and limbs. He was quite surprised Kyuhyun could bear with it until now without losing his conciuosness. By the look of the wounds, Sungmin figured that Kyuhyun got stabbed with a knife or small blade.

 

Sungmin was almost finished when he found some small unusual object similar to a piece of glass in the open wound. He fought mentally whether he should tell the other or not. After few seconds of thinking, he decided to take it out without telling Kyuhyun. He took tweezers and rubbed it with antiseptic, ensuring it strelized. Afterwards, Sungmin carefully took out the unwanted object from Kyuhyun’s body.

 

Kyuhyun knew there’s something wrong in his wounds when he saw Sungmin’s troubled face. He figured it out seconds later. The two jerks were attacking him with a small knife first, then stabbed him with a half smashed beer bottle. Sungmin probably found a small fraction of glass bottle attached in his wound.

 

Sungmin’s hundred of expressions was absolutely worth to watch. Kyuhyun was enjoying himself when the blonde’s face change from shocked to curious to confuse to thoughtfull to firm yet nervous and finally to relieved expression. It all happened in few minutes when he took out a piece of glass from Kyuhyun’s wounds.

 

When the rolled bandage was accidently tangled in his hands, Sungmin got irritated. Face crumpled like a sheet of wadded paper and seconds later, another pout was emerged on his lips.

 

No, no, no, not that pout again.

This time, Kyuhyun couldn’t hold to release his friendly chuckled. He was fascinated. And it made the blonde thrown his look on him, a pair of eyes like a stern judge, seemed to pierce the heart of all questions directed to Kyuhyun.

 

“What?! Don’t laugh! It’s difficult you know?!” Sungmin defended himself over his clumsiness with the roller bandage.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, louder this time, and very much annoying for Sungmin’s liking. “Haha-It’s..It’s your face...” he said between his laugh.

 

“What? Is something wrong with my face?!” Sungmin’s hands suddenly touched his own face here and there. He looked puzzled and dismayed, like a baby who’s learned to pull itself up on the sides of a crib, but hasn’t figured out how to sit down again. And it burst Kyuhyun’s laughes even more.

 

Kyuhyun was perpetually laughing, ignoring a grumbling blondie who finished cleaning the wounds and was wrapping his stomach with a roller bandage. Still holding a grudge towards the other, Sungmin put more force when knotting the bandages right on Kyuhyun’s open wound, making Kyuhyun screamed in pain.

 

“OUCH!!!! What the ?!” The rebel snapped suddenly, face puckered in rage.

 

“Hmph! Serves you right!” The blonde President smugged proudly, and satisfied.

 

*****

 

“I’ve got an emergency call from my mother, asking me to go back to Dukryang. That’s why I didn’t show up for two days.” Kyuhyun explained. He was laid on his back leisurely after his mini operation by Sungmin was done. “I arrived this afternoon, went to my dorm for a while and was walking to your place when two jerks suddenly blocked my way.”

 

“Do you know them?” Sungmin curiously asked.

 

“Nope. Their faces was covered with a mask. And they were also wearing a cap and jacket.” When Sungmin was silent, Kyuhyun continued. “We fought for a while, I was winning before they got me blinded with a flash light. One of them held both of my hands and the other attacked me. I got stabbed, two times. First one with a small knife, and afterwards with a half crushed beer bottle. They left me when I shouted ‘help! Here!’, asking a help from a non-existence security, pretending as if they were passing by there. Luckily, the jerks were stupid enough to believe it and ran away.” Kyuhyun chuckled, remembering how his attackers panicked and ran.

 

Sungmin tilted his head to have a look at Kyuhyun. The rebel was looking at the ceiling, one hand covered his forehead. Sungmin felt somewhat relieved when he saw Kyuhyun’s condition now, it was better than hours before.

 

It was started with Sungmin’s idea to have a cup of hot chocolate after he done treating Kyuhyun’s wound. After handed his famous home-made hot chocolate, the blonde President insisted Kyuhyun to have a rest rather than doing their study session. And of course Kyuhyun agreed, he was having difficulty to move, much less to use his brain right now.

 

Sungmin sat casually on the carpeted floor, his back was leaned on the couch, where Kyuhyun laid. His fingers wrapped a mug of hot chocolate, feeling a warm-heat radiated from the beverage. Comfortable silence shared between the two was relaxing his mind.

 

The sound of Kyuhyun’s movement making Sungmin tilted his head towards the other, inspecting to know what the other’s up to. Kyuhyun slowly rose from his laid position, he shifted so his back was supported by the armrest of the couch. After he made himself comfortable, he gulped down his hot chocolate.

 

“I never like sweet drinks, but this one is not bad.” Kyuhyun assessed.

 

Sungmin released a sneer chuckled before answered. “Thank you. You made my most famous home-made drink which I really proud of looked drinkable.”

 

Sungmin’s sarcasm was well-received by Kyuhyun and he smirked afterwards.

 

While enjoying his sweet drink, Kyuhyun let his eyes scanning Sungmin’s dorm room. He realized that it was big, and rather luxurious than his room, or any other room that he ever visited at their dorm.

 

There were three sections in Sungmin’s room. First was the big space contained small living room, small kitchen and dining room. And there were two doors which Kyuhyun assumed lead to Sungmin’s bedroom and bathroom. The living room was decorated with expensive stuff. There were a very big fluffy comfortable couch and a small table on a fur carpet in front of full television set. Wooden carved drawers, standing lamp was well-arranged. Kyuhyun also spotted a lazy single couch beside a book cabinet. The kitchen and dining room was separated with wooden counter which exhibiting frame pictures, audio set, and a vase. His small kitchen and dining area were decorated in a simple yet modern way to maximize the small space it had. Kyuhyun also predicted there was a balcony area behind the curtains on the left of the living room. All in all, Sungmin’s room was royal and chic at the same time.

 

“Your room is bigger and more fancy than others. Is it a privilege as the School’s President?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Sungmin smiled and bowed his head down before replied “No... It’s a privilege as the only descendants of a Lee.” He murmured while looking hollow at his mug.

 

Kyuhyun could feel Sungmin’s discomfort on the topic he brought. And so he changed it. “Is that your friends in the picture?” he was referring to a range of frame pictures on his wooden counter. There were 7 frames in total which 4 of them showing Sungmin with other two same people.

 

Sungmin glanced at the pictures Kyuhyun’s referred. He smiled before answered. “No. The big one is my body guard, and the smaller one is my personal counselor. Both of them were my family, not in a blood-related way, but in a behaviour kind of way.”

 

Talking about family, Kyuhyun just realized that there was no trace refering to Sungmin’s family in his room. “Where is your family portrait?” Kyuhyun asked, half suspicious. He realized that the question was somewhat rude, considering they only interacted for few days. But Kyuhyun was curious, he quite eager to know more about the blonde.

 

Honestly, Sungmin did not like to talk about his families background, especially with a person he barely knew like Kyuhyun. But the way Kyuhyun asked, Sungmin could sense a sincere attention. It made him relaxed. “Don’t have it here. I’m not really proud of my family, moreover, it just only me and my father. So, it wont make a good picture.”

 

“Where is your mother?” Kyuhyun continued.

 

“She died when I was 3 years old. I couldn’t remember anything about her and my childhood memories before I was 7. My father was always out of the picture in my childhood life. And when I was 10 years old, I got Kangin Hyung as my bodyguard and Leeteuk Hyung as my personal counselor. They are my family since then.” Sungmin sipped his chocolate to soothe his body that went a little bit tense.

 

Kyuhyun could see how Sungmin’s face turned gloomy. His eyes were expresionless like a pair of glass marbles. It was totally different from the usually firm, charismatic, attractive and passionate School’s President. This dark side of Sungmin was not the one Kyuhyun fond of. He didn’t like it.

 

Sungmin tilted his head towards Kyuhyun, his face suddenly changed a little bit brighter. “How about you? How is your family?” the blonde smiled.

 

Usually, Kyuhyun would go fierce and cranky if someone asking him about his family. But not this time. Not when he already loose his usual self today since he showed up in front of the blonde. “Are you sure you want to know? It’s not a good one.”

 

Sungmin released a small laugh before nodded. “Only in fairytales and tv’s we got a good story.”

 

“Ok. Fair enough.” Kyuhyun casually shrugged.

 

Sungmin shifted his position. He moved his body to face Kyuhyun fully. He made himself comfortable by laying his left arm on the couch, supporting his head. His eyes and attention directed to Kyuhyun.

 

“My dad dumped me and my mother when I was 5 years old. He casted us away from house and sent us to Dukryang. He stopped supporting us when I was 6 years old and we live like hell since then.” Kyuhyun face turned cold, as though warmth and tenderness were dead in him. “Well, I guess you probably heard or know that I was involved in a gang and doing criminal stuff. I admit it, it’s true... In order to survive, my mother worked as a e. She somehow owned a money to a gang leader, and I started my ‘career’ since then.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t see how Sungmin face startled like a hare as he continued “I tried everything... stealing, mugging, robbing, gambling, drug dealing, anything to keep myself and my mom safe and alive. I was recruited to become a part of the most powerfull gang when I was 13 and have a quite good reputation I could bragged about.” Kyuhyun smugged.

 

It was far too different. Listening to Kyuhyun’s story made Sungmin realized that they are live in a different world. Kyuhyun’s life was beyond his imagination. He knew this kind of life exist in Korea, but hearing it from a real character of such a life tugged his heart. Old emotions, like old scars, savaged his face. “A-are you happy?” The question bursted out of nowhere before Sungmin could hold it. Worried tone was slightly audible behind the question and his eyes looked as if they might warm up at the right time and in the right place.

 

Instead of replying the blonde, Kyuhyun moved inched closer. His right hand cupped Sungmin’s chin, and he hold it gently. The sight of Sungmin distracted Kyuhyun. His question, his worry and care, his voice, his doe eyes, his beautiful features, were overload in Kyuhyun’s self-conciousness. He finally gave up himself.

 

The rebel pulled Sungmin’s face up to have a clear sight of it. His dark eyes gazed deeply. A mix of observing and curiosity reflected in Kyuhyun’s eyes. Slowly, Kyuhyun brushed his thumb over Sungmin’s upper lips.

 

Sungmin was surprised, like a person who has received a stunning blow without warning and who, in the first moments of shock, does not realize what has happened. His body started to trembling by the touch of Kyuhyun’s finger. He gulped in a slow motion.

 

The so called perfect shaped lips...

It was too early to say Kyuhyun addicted, but it was not exaggerating to conclude that Kyuhyun was enchanted with Sungmin’s lips. Sungmin’s lips were glistened and glossy as if he’d just eaten a pound of Vaseline. It looked... delicious, as though if you bit them it would be like biting into a sweetmeat.

 

Sungmin was nervous, his heartbeat thumped madly. Unconciously, he parted his lips slightly when Kyuhyun’s thumb went down to brush his bottom lips. His bloodstream was straight going to his cheeks as it blossomed with pink.

 

Kyuhyun leaned again, closing their gap securely. “Your face is a book, where men may read and assumed strange matters.” He smirked.

 

Maybe it was because of the wounds that he got, or maybe Sungmin was putting something in his hot chocolate, whatever it was, Kyuhyun was enchanted, he was passionate to taste Sungmin’s lips with his own.

 

 

 

 

a/n: I need to do some disclaimer, a lot of gesture description I copied from few books: Shakespeare, Sue Grafton, Margaret Mitchell, and others (so lazy to put it here). Anyway, I'm enjoying myself writing this one, where Kyumin shared their stories. As usual, hope you guys also feel the same with me, or can find a way to enjoy this. I really really love to have a talk and discussion, especially about Kyumin ^^