The North Pole: The Deals

Magnet

The magnetic lines of force originate from the North Pole of a magnet and end at its South Pole.

 

 

“Good Mornii~ing!”

 

Ten o’ clock in the morning couldn’t get merrier with that greeting voice Kyuhyun found behind the door. Smiling face of the newly guest was a reason he took big steps back with such intuitive power.

 

“Cautious, I see…” The auburn hair guest let himself inside the room before he closed the door behind him. “Guess you learn by experience.” He smiled afterwards.

 

“You alone? Where’s the bodyguard?” Eyes still sharp with precaution, the rebel asked.

 

“You should thank me for saving your face and . I made him to stay somewhere and convinced him not to come here.” Leeteuk pulled his lips to smile wider, definitely not the sincere kind of smile to make someone comfortable, especially Kyuhyun.

 

A paper bag containing fruits and vegetables, was carried by the Psychiatrist in his right arm. He was making a way towards the kitchen area when Kyuhyun asked again, in suspicion. “You know I’m here?”

 

Leeteuk made a small chuckle in response. “Of course. I even know what happened last night in here.” He put the paper bag on the kitchen counter and started to arrange his groceries one by one.

 

“!! Are you watching us through CCTV?!” Kyuhyun perked frantically. Hostility sent from his gathering eyebrows and eyes.

 

Very contrast to the rebel, the older was placing milk and other groceries in the fridge with composure gesture. “Don’t get me wrong." He answered. "Why do you think I ring the bell when I can go inside with my card key?”

Leeteuk took a big bowl from the cabinet and placed several fruits on it.

 

Kyuhyun folded his arms in response. He was waiting the other to give a clear answer, not a riddle type of answer that the rebel needed to figure out.

 

“Because I didn’t want to find you and Min making out.” The auburn haired man was filling the bowl with warm water.

Afterwards, he started to sterilize the fruits one by one from any kind of chemicals. “I don’t make a hobby of watching people doing live , especially if Min is involved. So, no, I didn’t monitor through CCTV like you accussed.”

 

Even when he had his answer, Kyuhyun was still in doubt. His brain was figuring something out of these odd circumstances.

First, the shrink was always in pair with the big guy. Having him alone here was enough reason to assume something unusual. Second, the doctor knew about his with Sungmin last night. From what or whom he discovered that fast, Kyuhyun had no idea. And, on top of all, he was being freakishly calm and casual about it. Arrived with cheerful greeting, groceries in his hand, he made himself busy in the kitchen, preparing something probably for breakfast. Leeteuk didn’t show any anger on his face, anything harsh in his words, or unfriendly body language. It was a peaceful morning from the start. And it made Kyuhyun even more suspicious.

 

The rebel was questioning, why the shrink didn’t warn or nag him for taking advantage of his precious blonde boy. Since the first encounter with Leeteuk and Kangin, Kyuhyun could sense how both of them didn’t trust him.

The Hyungs always treated Sungmin with care and safety, mentally and physically, as if the blonde was somekind of fragile crystal in heated desert. They made it clear about how they disliked him since the beginning, labelling Cho Kyuhyun as a threat for Sungmin. If there was one reason that the Hyungs letting Kyuhyun near Sungmin, it's definitely the blonde. They’re doing it for Sungmin, not because they liked or approved Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Where’s Min?” Leeteuk asked. Both of his hands were busy cutting apples.

 

“Still sleeping.” The rebel responded.

 

Leeteuk chortled in reply while shooking his head a little. “Come, sit there. I want to talk.” Using his head, Leeteuk was gesturing to few chairs surrounding a square dining table, near the kitchen.

 

Finally, here comes the talk…

Kyuhyun pulled his side lips to smirk. “Talk, huh?” Making an arrogance face, he shrugged his shoulders. “Sure Hyung.” He stressed the honorific word a little with scoffing tone.

 

When the rebel was walking closer towards the dining area, Leeteuk voiced out again. “But first, please buttoned your shirt and pants properly.” The older, who seemed undisturbed with cutting another fruits–this time, strawberries– was referring to Kyuhyun’s slovenly appearance.

 

The rebel's lean body was wrapped with long sleeve black shirt-he wore at the Charity Ball, of course ed and crumpled. He let his chest and stomach exposed everywhere. His trouser's button and zipper also opened and revealed his underwear a little. It seemed that he put a very minimum effort to look presentable before opening the door for Leeteuk.

 

“When you’re here, never showing up like this anymore in front of a guest, whoever it is.” While cutting peaches, the auburn hair continued. “You're in Sungmin’s room, and he is the School’s President. Lucky it was me who came, what if the Principal, or other students found you like this in Min’s room?”

He paused for a while and turned his body to look at the younger boy, who was busy zipping his pants and buttoning his shirt. “Even though you don’t give a damn about other people, but you need to respect his title and protect his image.”

 

*****

 

“I don’t know much about the Cho’s past. They’re already there when I moved to the club.” Heechul paused for a moment to sip a cup of cappuccino.

“Since they didn’t talk much about it either, and I don’t even want to know, so the issue never brought up.” After another sip, he placed the cup on the table.

 

One fine morning Kim Heechul hadn’t experience for quite a long time. It happened to be today. The day after fascinating night in a very luxurious School he never imagined that it existed in South Korea. The pretty experienced continuous surprise since he entered the academy area. Royal Sapphire’s natural environment, beautiful School’s buildings, and sophisticated people in Charity Ball successfully made his eyes bulging-out few times. The peak was when he found Kim Youngwoon, the ten-years-long-lost buddy, at the said event. And it wasn’t stop there. He also unexpectedly discovered that his friend was turn-out to be Lee Sungmin’s bodyguard. Yes, that unbelievable cute blonde boy who was cursed by having Cho Kyuhyun as boyfriend. Well, just like they said, it was a small world after all.

 

After catching up with stories of their life at Charity Ball, Kangin asked Heechul to meet up the next morning for breakfast in a coffee shop. Getting curious with the whole things, the pretty man agreed right away, even though he was not a morning person in the first place. Somehow, he could smell something interesting behind all these circumstances, and he would love to get into the picture.

 

“Hanna is ranked as the top ten female in our club. When I joined, she had a lot of clients, mostly men in their forties or above. But around three years ago, since Kyuhyun became the top gambler and often used by our boss to make a profit for the club, she lessened her time as an . Now, Hanna is more involved in cabaret and strip-pole dancing show.” Heechul told a big guy in front of him.

 

“She quits as an ?”

 

Heechul shook his head. “No, she still has few regular clients. I heard, Kyuhyun was the one who changed that. He asked boss to reduce her escorting job. It was his proposition to the boss in trade with his great achievement in gambling games for the club.”

 

For Kangin, that information made him suspect the Cho’s even more. The mother and son couple was like a puzzle for him. Only minimum information provided by the School’s database about Cho Kyuhyun. Kangin also searched in government Resident Registration Number database and police department database, but he found nothing useful. Both Kangin and Leeteuk got the rebel’s information mostly from Sungmin’s stories, which the latter revealed during his session with Leeteuk. Even if they knew Kyuhyun’s childhood life from the blonde, there was a big question in his and Leeteuk’s head that they needed to find out.

If the Cho was having a hard life to survive, or needed to work hard to make a living, how could Cho Kyuhyun afford money to study in Royal Sapphire High School?

 

Talking about reality, Royal Sapphire is the most expensive boarding School in Asia, also third place in the world. The tuition fee per year was very costly, even enough to make a coffee shop in Ulsan. By nature, only students who came from high class family background could study there. Therefore, it didn’t make any sense if Cho Kyuhyun, who came from low class economic background, could bear the cost of studying in Royal Sapphire High School. Even though there were several students studying with Scholarship, but it wasn’t the case of the rebel. He's not feasible since he failed in three subjects few times and almost dropped out from the School.

 

Aside from that, Kangin knew how Dukryang people’s way of thinking. He was raised there, so he was part of the neighborhood once. Dukryang people didn’t like to be under control. They're always thinking in practical way, and have instinct to survive. They didn’t plan much, they just execute. It was very contrast to Royal Sapphire or SM Town people way of living.

In general, those rich youths and society were very organized, well-planned, put image above all things in life and thirsty for a good image or popularity. So, Kangin could imagine how it was for Kyuhyun to live in YG dorm or SM Town. No wonder the rebel loved to be alone or skip classes. It made the bodyguard wandering more, how Kyuhyun, above all reasons not to, studying in Royal Sapphire High School?

 

The questions were not come randomly. It automatically surfaced in the bodyguard’s head when he heard the story about Cho Kyuhyun’s background from Leeteuk. And he wasn’t alone, Leeteuk was also having the same thought. Both of them knew that the answer of those questions, will lead to Cho Kyuhyun’s background. It would reveal the Cho’s family and past life. Therefore, they would find out about it.

The first step was, getting information from people in Super Generation, a place where the Cho's were living.

 

After few minutes of silence, Kangin started the conversation again. “Chullie, last night, when you came to Royal Sapphire for the first time with Cho Hanna, what was the first thing coming up into your mind?” His eyes and expression were stern, making the situation around them more serious.

 

The pretty man glanced up to the speaker before he tugged his lips to smirk. “I didn’t expect the Cho brat is studying in that kind of School.”

 

Scoffing laugh was coming from the big guy as he replied. “Come on, you’re smarter than that. Even I, the slow brain guy like you said, could assume more.”

 

Heechul chuckled in response. He broke the eye contact with Kangin by turning his head to the left. “Who are they and who is their connection that supports the brat into the School.”

When Heechul returned his eye-sight to the big guy in front of him, he saw the other smiling a little, showing an agreement. “Those questions came up into my head.”

 

“Exactly.” Kangin commented. He adjusted his seating position by leaning forward to the other. “That’s why I need your help.”

 

The pretty narrowed his cat-like eyes in anticipation. A smile also plastered on his face. “Ooh, I like this. Shoot.” He wiggled his eyebrows afterwards.

 

“Since you’re in the club, help us to know more about them.” With a strict yet firm tone, Kangin proposed. “Be our informant Chul.”

 

*****

 

“You want a coffee?” A voice finally broke the silence in the room. It was coming from Leeteuk, the older of the two men who was busy brewing coffee.

 

Kyuhyun was thinking for few seconds, before finally answered, shortly. “Sure.”

After fixing his clothes properly, the rebel followed the older’s suggestion to take a seat nearby. He let Leeteuk doing something in the small kitchen and waited for him to start the conversation.

 

“I heard that you received threats from other students…” The older started again with another topic while he was opening a cabinet to look for mugs.

 

The rebel furrowed in annoyance when he replied. “Yeah, those spoiled bastard kids are just pain in the . They’re coward to confront me face to face.”

A sudden irritation came up because his mind suddenly traced back to several disgusting experiences. “They’re pissing me off.”

 

Leeteuk was pouring the coffee into a mug when he replied. “To the point of throwing your anger to Min?”

 

For good ten seconds, there was no answer coming from the rebel.

 

Leeteuk placed the coffee mug onto the table for Kyuhyun when the latter finally responded. “Tsk! I know.” He commented, scoffing to no one in particular. “Go on, blame me all you want. A punch from the bodyguard is not enough before a nag from the shrink rite?”

 

“I won’t blame you.” The Psychiatrist was taking a few sip of his coffee before continued further.

“Somehow, I can understand why you reacted that way.”

After placing his mug on the table, he commenced his activity in preparing breakfast. “Even though I really really want to beat you up for making Min broken last night, I’m trying to be objective with this matter.” Leeteuk put all the fruit slices into a big bowl and mixed it with yoghurt.

“Neither you or Min was at fault. Min didn’t know about the bullies you got, he only wanted to meet your Mother. And in your case, seeing how several students reacting when information about your Mother leaked, it’s reasonable that you got angry and didn’t want to associate your Mother with the School in first place.” He poured honey and cinnamon into the mixing fruits and yoghurt.

 

Again, Kyuhyun didn’t say anything in return. He didn’t even look at the other when the older was talking. The rebel was listening in silent, waiting for the older to make a point of their conversation.

 

“Now, you can see how difficult your situation with Min, or how vulnerable the relationship from any kind of misunderstanding.” The older spoke again. His right hand was topping the bowl with whipped cream.

“For Sungmin, the effect is severe, Kyuhyun. Small misunderstanding can lead into a chaos like last night.”

 

After the Psychiatrist finished with his own style of fruit parfait, he walked into the fridge and put the bowl inside it.

Leeteuk was walking back to his previous position when he spoke again. “I don’t want to risk anything for my Min. He is healthy and happy before you come into his life. So, before it’s too late, I want to make sure about one thing.”

 

This time, Kyuhyun started to give a respond. “What do you mean?” Gathering eyebrows to the middle, he asked with a cold face.

 

“If you don’t serious with this relationship, only lust, and just want to have with him, there you had it last night.” Leeteuk spoke with a firm tone as he was cleaning the kitchen counter from all utilities he had used.

“We allowed you to brag around to other people that you're the one who took the blonde President’s ity.” The older’s voice was very sustainable, sending determination to the younger.

“But tomorrow, you must leave him and we’ll get you a tutor to help you with your study.”

The auburn hair man took a knife he had used for cutting the fruits, before he said again. “But if you really serious with him…”

 

*stab*

 

Kyuhyun gasped in surprise when a knife ed at the table in front of him. It was vertically pointed in between the space of his hands on the table. The Psychiatrist, who already shadowed behind him, was gripping the handle of the knife securely.

A growled voice was heard in Kyuhyun’s ears afterwards. “I don’t want the same mistake happened again. If you hurt him, for whatever reason, I’ll make sure that you’re not only received a blow from Kangin.”

 

A sudden chill was creeping all over his arms, building a nervous inside Kyuhyun's body.

 

“I’m not as strong as Kangin, and probably lose if we fight…” The rebel was swallowing his gulp slowly when Leeteuk spoke again.

 

“But I can manipulate people to destroy you, without you even realize.”

 

Time seemed stop ticking in Lee Sungmin’s dorm room. Everything paused as Kyuhyun and Leeteuk froze in their position, unmoving.

 

For Cho Kyuhyun, it was a moment he shouldn’t make a mistake by doing anything stupid. The rebel was threatened and couldn’t predict what the other was going to do. Was Leeteuk bluffing? Or was he really serious to use the knife?

 

Kyuhyun only waited for the other to make a move. In the meantime, his mind already filled with possibilities to defend himself from an attack. He gripped his coffee mug tighter, prepared to use it as a weapon.

 

Soft chuckle was heard from the older, followed by a calm voice. “Last thing, I have a question for you...” he said, still gripping the knife and stood behind the younger.

“Your Mother died. At her funeral, you met Sungmin for the first time, and you fell for him right away. You didn’t know anything about him, only realized that somehow your family had connection with him. A week later, your father died. It turned out, you’re the one who killed him. My question is, what would be your reason to kill your own father?”

 

No answer.

It was silence again for couple of seconds.

 

Kyuhyun was keeping his straight face when he finally started to speak. “Because I want to meet Sungmin. I killed my father because there is a possibility to meet Sungmin again at the funeral.”

The rebel narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. “And no, it’s not only lust. I’m ing serious, Hyung…” As if he wouldn’t care about his prone condition, Kyuhyun answered defiantly.

 

Leeteuk pulled his lips to smile before retreated the knife off the table. He was pulling his hand away and leaning his body backwards.

“The last question is actually to test how potential someone to be a psychopath.” He widened his lips, smiling wider.

“And your answer was precisely the same like a psychopath would say.” The older was walking towards the sink to put the knife there.

 

After being released from the tense situation, Kyuhyun chuckled in response. “I don’t know.” he shrugged a little. “Maybe I can turn to be a psycho for Min…”

 

*****

 

“Why do you think I will agree on that?” a question came from Heechul, who was taking his cup of cappuccino once again.

 

“Come on, I know Kim Heechul loves to mind other people business… Especially when he can ask whatever he wants in return.” Kangin replied, a little smirk was decorating his soldier-look face.

 

The pretty man was raising one of his eyebrows by the offer, showing his interest. “Whatever I want?” he reconfirmed, making sure his hearing.

 

“As long as it’s reasonable.” Kangin lifted his shoulders a little as he bargained. “And don’t have anything to do with Sungmin.” He lifted his cup and directed it towards Heechul.

 

“Fair enough…” Heechul commented casually, while raising his own cup. “Deal!” he clanked his cup with Kangin’s, marking the born of their agreement.

 

*****

 

“Min loves my fruit parfait for a breakfast, give him that when he woke up. I also put extra honey and cinnamon, so he will have energy after last night.” Leeteuk was giving several instructions for Kyuhyun as he was searching for something inside a paper bag.

 

“Are you leaving?” The rebel asked.

 

“Yes. I can’t leave Kangin for too long. He might come in here and make a scene.” The auburn haired man was throwing the paper bag aside when he found nothing inside. He was walking back and forth around the kitchen counter when he said. “Both of you will have mid term exam in a week right?”

 

Even though Kyuhyun was tempting to ask the older about the thing he was looking for, the rebel only gave a short “yeah” as a reply.

 

“After exam, Min is going to have a regular check up for a week. So, he won’t be here during mid-term holiday.” The older explained.

 

“Regular check up?” Kyuhyun asked, confusion was written all over his face.

 

Not minding with the younger’s reaction, Leeteuk was relieved when he found the item he’d been searching for - a medium sized box fitting well in a grip. He took it right away before started walking towards the front door.

 

The Psychiatrist stopped in front of the door and turned his body towards Kyuhyun. Using a hand gesture, the older requested. “Kyuhyun, come here.”

 

Following the order, Kyuhyun was walking closer to Leeteuk.

 

*smack!*

 

“Ouch!” Before Kyuhyun made a full stop, he felt a sudden pain on his head.

 

Leeteuk used the box to smack the younger's head. “That’s for taking Min too rough without any lubricant for his first time.”

He lifted his hand and offered the said box to Kyuhyun. “This is for you.”

 

After reading few words writing on the box, the rebel looked up to the other, showing disbelief expression. “Lube?”

 

The Psychiatrist was smiling when he said. “Use it wisely, brat.”

 

*****

 

“Why you never asked about Cho Kyu-”

 

“STOP!” Kangin interrupted, not letting Heechul to finish his sentence. “I don’t want to talk about that brat, and don’t say his name again.” He growled, while cutting pancake on his plate with much power thus making weird noises. Shrieking sound was coming from the friction between his plate and knife.

 

Heechul was rolling his eyes in annoyance by Kangin’s antics and the noise he produced. The pretty was sipping his cappuccino again when suddenly, something came up in his head. “Wait, I remember!” He placed his cup on the table quite loud and glanced to Kangin. “Hanna knows the School's Principal.”

The big guy was munching his food when Heechul continued. “Even though last night was the first time Hanna came to the School...”

 

Kangin was chewing slowly and crumpling his forehead in response.

 

“She told me that she had met the Principal several times.”

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: After two hot chapters, I think we need to tone down from KyuMin’s lovey dovey, right? Sorry for the long wait (esp. to mingarsm, who couldn’t hold herself to ask me for an update). Hope you enjoy this one ^^