Vector Field: Charity Ball 2

Magnet

The magnetic flux density (also called magnetic field) is a vector field that at a given point in space is specified by two properties - direction and magnitude.

 

 

19.45 pm @ Main Ballroom

In this world, things are worked in balance.

When a baby was born in one part of the world, a man died at another side of the continent.

It is always two sides of stories.

If there are people who wasted money to buy unimportant things, there are also people who couldn’t afford foods and starve to death.

Lucky for those who have health, shelter, food and family, but there are many people who also experience living without it.

The story of HIV positive mother, Pailin Ngam-chit, from Thailand and Sierra-Leone’s Civil War Victims and Survivors, Ife Ayodele, might change your perspective about the meaning of life, the feeling of pain, the long-lasting suffer and how to escape death.

 

 

Documentary film about two strong women was displaying on two giant screens that fell down from the ceiling. The main ball was quiet and dark as people only heard the movie’s sound effect and only had the light coming from the movie screens. The documentary would be taking twenty minutes duration before a brief presentation delivered by the President of Student Council.

 

While the film’s rolling, Lee Sungmin was already standing at the right side of the dark stage, waiting patiently for his turn with cue cards on his hand. Comparing to forty minutes before, the blonde’s face was looking more comfortable now, and much more livelier as his lips formed a sheepish smile, the kind of smile that making one eyebrow raised upwards in response. Sungmin’s relaxed gesture probably came from his calming heart and unexplainable excitement after-

 

“After you came back from the toilet, your stupid smile was unnecessarily carved on your face… Stop it Sungmin! You’re creeping everybody out!”

 

A high pitched whisper was suddenly come from Sungmin’s earphone. The blonde cracked into a small laugh when his brain automatically recognized the voice that belonged to his best friend. He glanced over to the speaker who was standing at the opposite side of the stage. What his eyes saw was, Ryeowook with judging eyes and folded arms on his chest.

 

Sungmin lifted his right hand to readjust the wireless radio microphone’s position closer to his mouth before whispered back. “Jealous much?”

 

Ryeowook’s voice broke into a small chuckle before his whispers sounded again from the wireless radio.

“Whatever Sungmin. As long as I don’t need to yell at you again just to bring your nowhere-to-be-found sense back.”

The brown haired boy was showing two fingers gesture to Sungmin before continued.

“Two times Sungmin, two times your mind was drifting somewhere at important event like this…” he shook his head a little.

“That’s a record, coming from a good-reputation self-composed President.” Ryeowook continued to mock him.

 

“I think you’re talking too much Wookie.” Quite contrast to his words, Sungmin replied his best friend with a grin, without any irritation shown on his face.

 

A soft laugh was coming from the Secretary, followed by another whisper. “Am I? Well, shall I be quite when I want to inform you that, there’s a guy, with a black suit, wine on his right hand, standing two o’clock from you, checking you out all the time and couldn’t leave his eyes on you…”

 

In a quick response, Sungmin turned his head to the right, following the direction his best friend suggested. There, among packed crowd of all guests and students whom emerged into the documentary film, a guy opted to be different by giving all his attention to the President.

Sungmin’s line vision welcomed a dark pair of eyes that, most of the time, made his whole being felt nervous. Despite a dimmed-lighted ball room with screens as the luminous source, the blonde could see how those eyes were staring at him, very intense.

 

It was like being absorbed into another world, and Sungmin was helpless to look away. Kyuhyun’s eyes were so powerful to him that without the blonde realized, he hadn’t blink for long enough seconds.

 

“-min…”

Refused to break their connecting gaze, the blonde saw how Kyuhyun lifted the wine glass to his lips before gulping down the red alcohol beverage. The rebel’s adam apple moved upside down in a slow tempo, enjoying the said drink in pleasure. Kyuhyun pulled the glass away from his lips, allowing Sungmin to see Kyuhyun’s reddish dark colored thick lips that came as a result of the beverage he consumed.

Feeling his eyes started to get dry, Sungmin finally blinked before he saw his lover curled his side lips upwards, smirking to him.

 

“Oh God!! Did the two of you just eye-ing in front of me??!”

Ryeowook’s high pitched whispers that came from the earphone, bought the blonde’s mindfulness to its right place again. After few seconds, the blonde finally response “You’re wrong Wookie…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Not two times…” The blonde whispered before turned his head to look straight at his Secretary, finally breaking the eye-contact with Kyuhyun. “It’s three times you bring my sense back…” he smiled and saw the brown haired boy rolled his eyes, telling the blonde ‘you’re pathetic’ with an eye gesture.

 

“!”

Sungmin made a chuckle by the younger’s comment before his ears received another whispers from Ryeowook.

“Get a grip Min, you’ll be up in five minutes…”

 

*****

 

20.05 pm @ Main Ballroom

Pailim Ngam-chit is living her life with 3 children and still counting the remaining time she has left. She goes to work every day to make a living, while always taking care of three little children. She is just one of the examples of HIV positive woman that in fact, is very common in her neighborhood.

Meanwhile, at the other part of continent, Ife Ayodele, and a lot of her friends were still living their life in misery. Raising her child resulted from and recollecting what she had left, without any trace of remaining family who had been killed, while trying to forget all tragic ual abuse and killing memory the Civil War had given her in Sierra Leone.

 

*click*

As soon as the movie ended, a single spot light switched on, highlighting an empty center part of the Main Ballroom’s stage. Repeating sounds of stepping shoes was following after. It was the only noise existed and echoed throughout the quite ball room when all guests were focusing their attention at the spot light and expecting something in silence.

 

Lee Sungmin was taking his firm steps from the stage’s side area towards the only source of light in the hall, the spotlight. He stopped his walk at the precise center spot. When his figure occurred and reflected for everyone to see, Sungmin turned his body towards the audience and lifted his microphone.

“The two stories of these women are just few examples of what was going on in several part of the world that we probably didn’t know.” With a confident tone, the blonde President started.

“They are there, it happened. And it depends on us how we want to answer a simple question of...” His eyes were scanning the audience, moving his head in smooth flow from one side to another.

“What can be done?” he paused for a moment before continued.

“Nothing is worthless for them, even a little attention from us will make them feel precious.” The blonde’s eyes were shining from the reflected spotlight.

“Ladies and gentlemen…” his moving sight was finally stopped at certain point in the crowd, fixed on a standing guy who possessed a pair of intimidating dark eyes who had stared at him since he was on stage.

“I’m standing here, in front of you, not asking for anything, or trying to make a pressure on you.” The blonde pulled his lips to smile.

“I’m saying this, because I believed that you still have a pure conscience, based on honesty, within your heart to do something right.” Shifting his eyes from Kyuhyun, the blonde were scanning the crowd once again.

“The two strong women, and they who experienced the same suffers and pains, needed us.” As Sungmin said his words, the two screens were showing several photos of two women on the film and other victims in a slideshow. “Maybe we can’t cure illness they suffered, nor can we bring back families and dignity they already lost.” The main ballroom lamps were slowly switched on again, rekindling the same amount of lights as before the movie played.

“But, through donations and encouraging visits, at least, we help them to continue their life with a smile.” With enough illumination, a complete image of white suit blonde haired President who stood on the stage was clear for audiences to see. His lips were stretched to the sides, smiling wide and bright.

 

*****

 

Seeing Lee Sungmin became the very center of attention made Kyuhyun feel a little bit, no, very much uncomfortable inside. The rebel could see how many people show their adoration towards Sungmin through their eyes. Males or females, with or without lust, respect or ual, everything was there, emitted from audience towards a person standing at the stage. Not just because of the hair color or the white suit, but Sungmin’s composure, choice of words, body gesture and calm expression, made him looked so shine and bright. Like a magnet, he was attracting all the audience with his charm.

Eventhough he realized from the very beginning, this kind of moment always reminded Kyuhyun about how different they were. How Sungmin would have a bright future ahead of him, how his potential talent and gift were leading him toward a great career, how the blonde was too damn good to be with Cho Kyuhyun. Upon those realizations, the rebel’s conscience was working as he asked himself… How much sacrifice Sungmin would going to have just to be with him?

 

Not long after the ball room beamed into its previous brightness level and Kyuhyun standing spot was visible among the crowd, few soft whispers from two girls were occurring somewhere.

 

 “Pst! It’s Cho Kyuhyun.”

“What is he doing in here? A cheap trashy like him is not belong in this exclusive party.”

“Not to mention rude and filthy… Hm, maybe Sungmin-ssi asked him to come?”

“Most probably. Or… Hihi… Maybe he’s also looking for donations?”

“Careful. He might hear you…”

 

Since the guy being discussed was barely near, those toned down whispers coming from the girls reached Kyuhyun’s ears, breaking the rebel’s previous thought. He was considered calm in response, by means only pulled out his side lips to smirk.

 

The rebel knew from the beginning that, no matter how he looked at it, a formal event with a lot of high class people like Charity Ball was not his kind of thing. He hated being with rich people who like to think that they are more important than others. Kyuhyun even had another theory that rich people, since they have everything, are easily bored, therefore they love minding other people business to the level of gossiping and bashing in the name of having fun. So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if his background was brought up by those people at this kind of event. Whether he liked it or not, jealous people were everywhere, and gossips were always spread eventually. Kyuhyun just needed to remind himself that, he came to Charity Ball because he hopelessly, and helplessly, couldn’t say no to his one and only blonde President. He was there for Sungmin, and nothing else matters.

 

Kyuhyun was irritated, that’s a fact, but he was still in his mannered state with that kind of talk behind his back. If there was anything could make him angry, it probably those cowards who gave him serial of warning letters on his locker. He would be quite ignorant if he became the subject of those letters, but since his mom had been targeted, there was no way he would forget it easily. Kyuhyun kept his rage inside, and he was holding a grudge for those cowards who send him all the letters to him.

 

“Hey, why the homo son of a in here?”

“Watch out, he might hear you…”

 

Another whisper was heard and Kyuhyun couldn’t help to notice. Slightly different from before, this time, the heavy tone whispers belonged to boys. The rebel drew his brows together in response, a slight glimpse of dislike was suddenly appeared on his expression as the whispering conversation still going on.

 

“I don’t care. A homo gangster like Cho Kyuhyun sure didn’t understand the meaning of ‘go to hell and die’ on those letters.”

“Yeah, his cocky bastard attitude makes me sick. Sungmin is totally blind and went nuts.”

 

With the mention of letters, an assumption suddenly occurred in Kyuhyun’s head.

It was them??!

Kyuhyun’s blood pressure was rising inside his body as his grip of the wine glass in his right hand became tighter and more secured. A trace of vein was shown on his back palm, proving just how much strength the rebel put on his grip.

 

*****

 

“For us, Pailim Ngam-chit and Ife Ayodele are victims, a result of irresponsible cruel ego in man. However, there are people who see them as heroine. Regard them as a woman that tried so hard to protect what she believed in, a Mother who has strong heart and soft touch at the same time.” Sungmin paused for a moment when he heard a very soft whisper from his earphone.

 

“President, all mothers are in position.”

 

Keeping the smile on his face, Sungmin continued. “White lily, a symbol of purity and majesty. In flower languages, white lily also translated as ‘it’s heavenly to be with you’. A very precise term to define a Mother. A Mother’s love is true, unconditional, as it won’t asked something in return. It is a love that came out very purely from the heart, and it’s an everlasting emotion that impressive in portion.”

 

*****

 

Sungmin’s voice through the sound system around the room was slowly fading in Kyuhyun’s ears as he continued focusing his hearing to another voices, the whispering conversation not too far from him.

 

“Hey, I have an idea. Do you know which club his mom is working?”

“No. I heard in the neighborhood area near SM Town. Why?”

“Let’s hire her for after party tonight. Make photos and send it to his locker. We must show the bastard that we’re in a very different level with him and he doesn’t belong here.”

“I have a better idea. How about we book the VIP room and we invite that bastard also? So he can watch us ing his mom.”

“Would that make him calling us Dad??”

 

Kyuhyun’s temper was rapidly peaking as snorted mix chuckles ended the conversation. He was running out of patience and very tempted to toss the glass in his hand towards that ing cowards’ face.

 

*****

 

“I may haven’t prove it myself, but I’m sure no one would against if I said a mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” Sungmin gripped his microphone tighter when he caught his two Hyungs’ figures at the back of all audience, proudly smiling to him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to ask all of you to clear the dance hall area and welcoming the heroines of Royal Sapphire’s High School Students.”

 

As Sungmin wrapped his speech with a smile, the entrance door was opened widely to allow a group of women walked inside. With an elegance footing steps inside sweeping-floor gowns, they were entering the main ballroom in a clean and smooth line. Classic music was escorting all the Mothers inside the room, making their walking march look like a beauty queen’s parade.

 

*****

 

What…

As he was following other people surround him, walking lightly to the side area, Kyuhyun was contracting his eyebrows when he saw a group of middle aged women came into the ballroom. Both Kyuhyun and all guests were focusing their attention to the newly arrived guests.

 

Formality of the Mother’s grand entrance was vanishing and replaced with heart-warming situation when few surprised gasped and response came from the students. Words like ‘Mom’, ‘Mama’, ‘Mommy’, ‘Mother’ or ‘Eomma’ was spoken along with lost and amused expression from several students. Their face was saying how it was really unexpected to see one of their parents at the event. Couple of students, mostly females, was slowly approaching their Mother with a happy-welcoming face, while the males had few reactions. Several of them seemed hesitant to approach, while quite a lot of boys kept a cool figure when they’re slowly nearing to their Mother.

 

What the is going on??

Quite contrary to most of the students, Kyuhyun was skeptical when he grasped the idea about situation happened around him.

! You gotta be kid-

The rebel was struck in overwhelming shock when his vision captured a very familiar face among the women’s crowd. Those original eye-smile, black hair, even those kind of make-up style with red lipstick, all were only belonged to one woman.

Mom?!?!

The rebel’s brain was automatically tracing back to the memory of warning and threat letters he received on his locker.

 

May you & your sinful Mom's soul burned in hell!!!

Shame on you!! This School & Sungmin don't need you! Go kill yourself and don't forget to bring your sinful Mom with you!!!

Hey Cho!!! I have 10,000 won. How much is your Mom? I wanna her!!

You and your Mom just go to hell!!

Hey Cho, I treat you to lunch, u treat me your Mom's !

Get ing lost with your Mom!!

 

What the is going on here?!?!

Kyuhyun’s right hand was clenching the wine glass in tight grip once again. It was not a mistake to assume he was nervous and very much angry. Nothing is right anymore, everything went wrong, and Cho Kyuhyun just wanted to yell and throw something. All of his effort to keep his life, especially his Mom, far from School’s life was useless.

 

*****

 

Sungmin was scanning the reunited-family sight presented before him with a smile. By the look on his glistening eyes, it could be said the blonde was definitely excited, especially to find, among the crowd, any trace of a lady wearing Ferragamo’s white dress with a name plate written ‘Cho Kyuhyun’.

 

However, during his search, what welcoming Sungmin’s eyes were beyond expectation. It’s not the response he predicted to see on his boyfriend’s face when he found Kyuhyun was glaring towards the crowd of Mothers. Kyuhyun’s forehead was crumpled, thick eyebrows were narrowed in alert and his body looked very much tensed in standing position. It was transparent enough to point out that the rebel was furious, and at the same time was trying to hold his rage inside.

 

Hyung…

Those reactions couldn’t stop the blonde to think that something was definitely not right. Sungmin was following Kyuhyun’s eyes direction and found a woman he’d been curious to see and to know in the past following days. The blonde totally recognized the white dress she wore, especially when a specific name plate latched on it. Her head’s turning movement from side to side was gesturing her amusement and amazement over her surroundings.

 

*****

 

“Have you seen her name plate??”

“Oh, don’t mention it.”

“Isn’t she supposed to be ashamed showing up here?”

“And talking about the theme, motherly love? Come on, there is nothing pure about her love, if she still has any.”

“Please, that probably came here to look for potential clients.”

 

At his overwhelmed wrath, those whispers surfaced again around Cho Kyuhyun, and he couldn’t help to think that those people was doing it on purpose. They wanted Kyuhyun to hear their words. It was their way to humiliate others, and yes, they got Kyuhyun reach his peak.

 

“Is that her?? Not that I imagine.”

“Well, she’s quite y. Imagine her wearing lingerie underneath that gown.”

“We can find out later.”

 

*CLANK*

Not too far from those whisperings rants, a sudden noise was heard from certain area in the crowd. It wasn’t that loud, but still audibly enough for several people to turn their attention to the said noise. Some part of the crowd, including Sungmin, saw how a mad boy in a black suit had his right hand on dripping blood and scattered glasses. His shady eyes were threatening, forehead was folded in distaste and face defined as loathe. With those overwhelmed emotion, no wonder a glass of wine was broken in pieces in Cho Kyuhyun’s grip.

 

The audience became less quitter after the breaking glass noise as few of them stopped their talks and was trying to find out about the incidents. Meanwhile, other people who didn’t hear it, was still doing their things like nothing happened.

 

Seconds later, Sungmin and other people who witnessed the incident, were left in confusion as the rebel turned his body around and took steps towards a door, leaving the scene abruptly with trace of blood and pieces of glass on his right hand.

 

In a situation of perplexity like this, Sungmin could still manage his concentration when he heard the part of the background music. No matter how anxious he was, or did he want to leave his spot to chase Kyuhyun, Lee Sungmin must finished his task at the moment, which was encouraging all Students to have a dance with the mother.

 

“For boys, a mother is forever their first love, and for girls, she is always their best friend.” Sungmin’s voice was echoed again in the ballroom, smoothly catching the attention of the crowd. Those who witnessed the breaking glass incident, turned their head to the stage with a smile, as if nothing happened.

“Royal Sapphire Students, let’s take the hand of your first love and your best friend, and let them experience how pleasurable our ball dance is.” Following Sungmin’s suggestion, few Students already took the hand of their Mother before taking a position at the dance hall.

 

“Please enjoy Royal Sapphire ELF Dance.” Classical music background slowly became louder as Sungmin finally ended his speech. The spotlight on the stage was switched off, and few lightings were towards the dance hall.

 

Lee Sungmin was taking big steps away from the stage. As much as the blonde wanted to scurry over towards his lover outside the room, Sungmin was helpless with the sight of the main ballroom. Not just the dance hall, but even a narrow space around tables was occupied by people who wanted to dance. It was suddenly turned into an extensive ball dancing hall area.

 

The blonde saw everyone at the hall was going to dance, the mother-child couple, other guests, his friends, all of them were enjoying the event. And for Sungmin this kind of situation was an achievement. Unlike the School’s standard that measured high income for Charity and Profits as the successful indicator for Charity Ball, Lee Sungmin already satisfied with a happy and contented face made by all guests. For him, this situation already indicates a success of the event.

 

However, Sungmin was still uncomfortable inside as few thoughts about his Hyung’s brusque leaving were left in question. He was in between two options now, leaving his spot in here to look for his boyfriend, or staying at the ball room because it was the right thing to do as the head committee.

 

During his state of uncertainty, Sungmin turned his head around to look for his psychiatrist and bodyguard. He believed that both of them could help him right now. The blonde’s plan was restrained when his eyes suddenly spotted a woman whom face he remembered clearly from tonight. She was looking quite lost in the sea of people.

 

It was unavoidable for Sungmin to feel guilty with the whole things. Maybe his plan of reuniting mother and child were successful for majority of the Students, but it still made him very much depressed when his plan to surprise Kyuhyun was messed up, with unknown reasons he could think of. Feeling responsible to make Kyuhyun left his Mom alone, Sungmin decided to accompany the said lady.

 

*****

 

“It’s such a shame to let a beautiful lady standing alone in here. Cho Kyuhyun definitely needed to be warned about this.” A greeting voice made a woman turned her body around towards the speaker. She was quite surprise when her eyes seized a young boy with blonde hair, who was standing at the stage few moments ago.

The said boy was bowing a little before lifted his hand towards her. “May I have the dance, Mrs. Cho?” he was asking the lady with his right hand.

 

“Absolutely, Mr…” Receiving the hand, Cho Hanna turned his eyes to the name plate latched on the other’s white suit. “President…??” Her tone was kind of hesitant, as if couldn’t believe about the words she just spoken.

 

The blonde made a soft smile. “Please, Lee Sungmin is fine.” He was pulling the other slowly towards a spacious spot not far from their position.

 

“Lee Sungmin…” a glimpse of shocked was heard along with her reaction, before she continued. “Ahh~ Very nice to meet you Sungmin-ssi...” She smiled while let the boy clasped her right hands and hold it at shoulder’s height.

 

Felt a sudden nervous came from nowhere, Sungmin was contemplated with his own thought.

Is she knows about me already? Did Heechul-ssi say something? What should I say to introduce myself?

Wanting to find out all of his confusion, Sungmin started the conversation again. “Your dress looked perfect on you Mrs. Cho. It suits you very well.” The blonde placed his right hand to cup the other’s shoulder blade.

 

Mrs. Cho, who was in deep thinking, was startled a little by the compliment. “Of course.” She responded. “It’s the President of Student Council himself who picked the dress for me.”

 

She knew…

Sungmin’s eyes were dilated with the new fact he just discovered.

 

“Thank you Sungmin. I’m glad I finally meet you.” Hanna was pulling her lips to smile before released her hands from Sungmin’s hold and placed both of her palms on the other’s cheek. “Call me Hanna.” She leaned forward before closed the distance between their lips, kissing the shocking blonde lightly on the lips.

 

*****

 

“Kangin, did you see it?” Leeteuk was glancing his eyes to the side, where the said man seated on a bar stool.

 

“She’s probably the brat’s Mom.” The bodyguard replied, glass of ice whiskey on his right hand.

 

“Do we have detailed information about her?” Leeteuk turned his eyes back to observe Sungmin’s surroundings in the crowd. He suddenly felt curious and suspicious.

 

“Only few simple facts from the School’s data.” Kangin turned his body to his left, finally facing the auburn haired Psychiatrist who stood straight to the crowd’s direction. “Why Teuk?” The bigger man was intrigued with the other’s curiosity.

 

“I think we need to find more information about her.” He answered, and later followed with a nod from Kangin.

 

Leeteuk and Kangin was at the bar area since the President of Student Council opened the event from the stage. They just observed all the people in the ball room, watching their movements and hearing their conversations. And of course, a moment where Cho Kyuhyun crushed a glass in pieces, was not escape from their eyes.

 

“Oh, wow… This ball is really spoiling me with non-stop surprises.” A sudden amazement voice was suddenly heard, successfully catching Leeteuk and Kangin attention to look for the source. “From all the places in Korea, I meet you in here, Kim Youngwoon…”

 

A pretty man with a mix of black and white tuxedo appeared before their eyes. He was walking closer to Kangin’s direction.

 

Kangin was bulging his eyes out, looking very much surprised and out of expectation when he identified the newly guest. “Kim Heechul…?!”

 

“Accepting the offer as Hanna’s plus one is definitely a wise decision.” The pretty man said.

 

*****

 

“Oh God, you are really handsome Sungmin. That rebel is always have a high standard.” Hanna commented, while made flowing feet movements to several directions. She was just following the blonde’s lead with the dancing.

 

Sungmin just smiled a little in response. He already felt comfortable with the woman dancing on his hold. Cho Hanna is classy in her own way with glamorous up-do black hair, pearl earrings and necklace that match with her white skin, soft make up with a contrast red lipstick that looked flirty and y, yet sophisticated at the same time. The word ‘e’ somehow looked very much impossible to match along with her.

 

Hearing Hanna talking about the rebel, Sungmin’s mind suddenly remembered about the said guy who left the ballroom with anger few minutes ago. He tried to distract himself by asking another topic. “Do you enjoy Charity Ball, Mrs. Cho?”

 

“Well, I do love beautiful things. So, even with some judging looks and whispers around, I still like being in this sparkling places with a beautiful dress on me.” She answered, before spin her body around in one pliable movement. When Sungmin catched her again in standing Waltz position, she continued. “So yeah, I enjoy it.”

 

“Judging looks and whispers?” Sungmin asked, putting his interest by the woman’s words.

 

“Nah, don’t mind about it. I assumed you already knew about what I did to make a living from Kyuhyun. And let’s just say… I, unfortunately, somewhat famous in here.” She giggled afterwards.

 

No matter 'fun way' the woman had said it, or take the matters lightly, Sungmin couldn’t help to bother more about that certain topic. It was then Sungmin started to notice their surrounding. Few eyes were on him and Hanna, possessing skeptical message through its gaze. Not five seconds later, those eyes glanced away, after being caught by the blonde.

 

“Mrs. Cho, apologize for not finishing the dance with you, but I need to find Kyuhyun now.” Sungmin suddenly stopped his dance movement, feeling very worried with the rebel. He, somehow started to put the puzzle together. Kyuhyun’s reaction before, was made sense. And the blonde really wanted to see his boyfriend now.

 

Following the other, Hanna also halted her dancing steps and released Sungmin’s hold on her before replied. “Don’t forget to slap him on the face for letting me alone in here.” She moved her face towards Sungmin’s side face to give the blonde a kiss on his cheek. “And tell him that… He needed to see a rare moment where his Mom looked beautiful with gown.”

 

Sungmin smiled before answered. “Of course.”

 

*****

 

Lee Sungmin closed a door behind him. It was the door that connecting the main ballroom with the back garden hall, also the one that Kyuhyun went when he left the ballroom ten minutes ago. The blonde glanced up and looked straight at the quite hallway, only to find what he had been looking for.

 

A man was there, back leaning on the wall, body facing the garden area. His attire was not in a form of suit anymore. Black coat was scattered on the floor at his right, the long sleeved shirt already pulled up messily to his elbows, tie already loosened around his open collar, and a burned cigarette that rarely been seen on him for the past few weeks, was in between his thick lips.

 

Whether from the chilly wind, or from his nervousness inside, Sungmin wasn’t sure which one when he got shivered all over his body. Beating his own fear, the blonde took careful steps slowly towards the man.

 

“Don’t.” a short cold tone was spoken from the man, very much forcing. Kyuhyun didn’t even bother to look at the blonde as his head was straight ahead towards the garden area.

 

*thumped*

And at that moment, Sungmin halted his steps instantaneously. That simple word contained a lot of meaning to him. What does it mean when Sungmin wanted to get closer, that word came out from the other?

 

“Leave.” Another word came out from the rebel, this time, very much commending.

 

*thumped*

Again, that single word comprised with multiple meanings. And all of it, all of the meanings, were referring to something Sungmin didn’t want to believe. He refused to believe what Kyuhyun meant to say.

Hyung…

The blonde closed his eyes for a moment, putting reassuring words to himself that his Hyung just had a sudden anger.

You just had temporary upset right?

Yes, it was nothing serious behind that word, right? Believing his own thought, Sungmin started taking his steps again towards the other. He ignored Kyuhyun’s request.

 

Before Sungmin got a meter away from the other, Kyuhyun finally turned his head to look at the blonde.

 

*thumped*

And Sungmin stopped promptly.

It’s weird. How come when Kyuhyun asked him to stop he wanted to go and when Kyuhyun didn’t say anything, his body suddenly froze?

 

Kyuhyun took out his cigarette with his right hand before he crumpled and tossed it away. Red stained of blood was still there on his hand, very visible for eyes to see. The rebel lifted his body to stand straight, while keeping his intense dark eyes on the other.

 

“What are you doing?” The rebel growled with his heavy tone. “There is a reason why I never let my Mom coming here.” He started to walk slowly. Each of his steps was sounded heavy and intimidating. “And you, you… Ruin it all.” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes to the middle. Few crumples was shown on his forehead as he gritted his teeth, sending hatred with his expression.

 

Sungmin’s heart started to thump in fear. He was sweating, feeling the intense nervous depression inside his body. Out of reflex, Sungmin was retreating slowly with his feet.

 

“Now, you had my Mom displayed for the other to bash.” Kyuhyun fastened his pace a little when Sungmin started to step back. “You made her as a joke for your own kind. Rich bastards’ people who only knew how to torture and others with money.” When the rebel finally close enough with the other, he grabbed the blonde by the lapel and with force, shoved him hard on the wall.

 

Sungmin shut his eyes immediately when he felt his body being grabbed by the other. He felt his body swayed away and his back got crashed hard with the wall. It was considered lucky he had good reflexes to avoid his head bumped with the hard surface behind.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING SUNGMIN?!?!” The rebel yelled on the blonde’s face, while Sungmin turned his head sideway in reflex.

 

Sungmin kept his eyes closed. He refused to open it. The blonde didn’t want to see how angry and disappointed Kyuhyun right now. No, he was scared to see the other’s berserk condition now. However, even when Sungmin didn’t see it, he could feel it, very clearly. He felt how angry Kyuhyun right now through his ragged breathing on his face. Their faces that only inches away from the other made Sungmin could receive Kyuhyun’s hot breath.

 

*SLAMMED*

Sungmin gasped when he felt a wind blew coming from his side face. Kyuhyun had slammed the wall, and based on the sound it produced, it was a hard blow. Whatever it was, Sungmin kept his head turned side way, and still refused to look.

 

“!!” Kyuhyun was breathing heavily. He kept his face close with the blonde, while looking at the other’s side way face. “Stop messing with my life!!!” He chanted with a rough voice.

 

Sungmin was trembling in response. He was scared, at the same time feeling guilty and wanted to hold his lover right now. He bitted his trembling lips, hoping it would help him to stop shivering, wishing it would make him feeling better.

 

“It is hard.” Kyuhyun’s voice was softer than before.

 

Hard? What does the ‘it’ stands for? What was hard Hyung?

Sungmin asked the questions in his mind.

 

“We are too different...” The rebel continued with much softer tone.

 

No, what are you talking about?

When Sungmin felt the other’s grip loosened, he opened his eyes in a sudden and turned his head to look at the other’s eyes, which was not possible as Kyuhyun already leaned back and turned his body around.

 

But you promise not to let me go...

The blonde was trying to speak some words but nothing would come out from his lips. He was choked out of words, leaving him only to see the rebel took his steps away towards the door.

Until tonight, Lee Sungmin never knew, that a sight of Kyuhyun’s back shoulder could make his whole being reacted differently.

For the first time in his life, Kyuhyun’s shoulder that slowly departed and disappeared from his sight gave him unexplainable pain inside his body.

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Since I'm going to run, I'll be short, hope you... can find a way to enjoy this! *runs*