The South Pole: Final Test

Magnet

The magnetic lines of force originate from the North Pole of a magnet and end at its South Pole.

 

 

*DING!*

13th Floor

A sign displayed on the monitor, informing him that they had reached their destination. Elevator for Super Generation’s customer was much more elegant than the lift for staffs and workers Sungmin had used before. This one equipped with red carpet on the floor, surrounded with mirrors, crystals on the roof, monitors on both sides of the doors and CCTV on the corner. It was grand, and pretty much ironic considering how minimalist the basement’s life and situation down there inside the same building.

 

After they left Casino Palace, Sungmin let himself being dragged by Kyuhyun. The rebel held him tight on the shoulder, hooking his arm around Sungmin’s nape, as if preventing the younger from running away. Sungmin’s arm and Kyuhyun’s side body were brushing during their walk. It looked awkward, because Sungmin refused to reply Kyuhyun with a same gesture. He didn’t hold Kyuhyun by the waist like a ‘good-term’ couple would do when they were having a walk together. Aside from ‘still upset with the rebel’ reason, he didn’t hold Kyuhyun because he got nervous.

Where were they going? More importantly, what Kyuhyun was going to do with him?

His head was kind of hurt to think about the answers, especially after all the commotion tonight. Sungmin definitely had a long exhausting night, and using his brain to function would make it worst.

 

In his anxiety and slightly twirling head, he realized something. With these distant, he could smell alcohol, male-perfume, and cigarette, not to mention a little sweat. All were creating specific scent that only belongs to his Hyung.

Kyu-Hyung, who lingered inside his memory, was someone who got jealous with his Math teacher, was someone who liked to spend time making out with him rather than studying, was someone who would push every student away from him, was someone who didn’t get along well with his Hyungs, was someone who loved his mother more than anything. And that someone was beside him, the same person that Sungmin used to know.

 

It seemed a long time ago Sungmin hadn’t smelled him, his body’s odor. He didn’t longing for it, but every time Sungmin sensed it, he always indulged the scent into his system, with greed. Like right now, he took Kyuhyun’s odor inside as he breathed deeply, and then he felt, for illogical reason, slightly comfort.

 

The elevator’s door slid open, making a way to the floor where Marcus resided for Casino Nights. Kyuhyun slid down his hand from Sungmin’s shoulders, only to reach for his palm. The rebel clasped their hands together and pulled Sungmin to go along with him, without permission.

 

On the second step, Kyuhyun stopped his trance. He halted his movement when his feet reached the door’s frame.

 

It was Sungmin. The younger made him stop.

 

Sungmin was pulling his hand back, trying to release it from Kyuhyun. It only meant one thing; a protest. Sungmin objected to go outside the lift, with Kyuhyun.

 

His shoulders were slumping down as Kyuhyun released a heavy sigh, quite harshly.

“What now?”

It was the first words he said to Sungmin after their silent walk, and irritation was already there, clear within the tone. It described Kyuhyun at the moment, his condition, a state where he just had enough with Sungmin’s behavior.

 

“I win, and you’re willing to be the prize.” Kyuhyun reminded the younger, a matter of fact.

 

No voice was spoken out from Sungmin’s lips to answer him, and Kyuhyun wouldn’t care. He, once again, pulled Sungmin by the hand to walk, only to pause himself promptly. The latter still refused to go. Sungmin was trying to withdraw his hand from Kyuhyun by tugging his hand back from the older.

 

“What? You refuse to go with me and want to go back to your enormous fans with raging hormones down there?” Kyuhyun kept his head straight forward as he snapped out, quite sarcastic to hear. He didn’t bother to turn around and looked Sungmin in the eyes to have a proper conversation with him. Right now, he’s just too piss with Sungmin and his antics.

 

Getting provoked by the words, Sungmin narrowed his eyes as he jerked his hand with force, successfully releasing it from the other’s grip.

 

Not three seconds after that, Kyuhyun shook his head and released another sigh, a defeated one.

“Okay, fine.” He muttered before took few steps back into the lift and push one button to close the door. “You don’t wanna go outside, we’re staying here then.”

 

After the door closed, Kyuhyun broke the glass covering an emergency button with his punch and push the button right away. Their lift was shut down afterwards, leaving few lighting and CCTV to function inside.

 

“I don’t want to stay here with you.” Finally, a sentence from Sungmin’s lips was heard to reply Kyuhyun. It sounded cold. And Kyuhyun believed it was full of hostility.

 

Once again, he didn’t care if Sungmin protested. There was another important thing Kyuhyun needed to do, winning his boyfriend status back, at the same time keeping Sungmin safe. And being far away from the younger was not the answer. No, that was more suicidal.

“I win you over back then, and the prize is… You’re going to accompany me.” Kyuhyun held up his chin, still didn’t bother to look at Sungmin who was standing close on his right.

 

It was silent for few seconds before Sungmin spoke again. “No, not with you.”

For Sungmin, it was all confusing. He did enjoy his kiss, he did carried away with his smell, but it was still hard to forgive his Hyung. What if someday Kyuhyun cheated again??

“I need… space.” Sungmin stubbornly replied.

 

A silence fell between the two before Kyuhyun’s voice came, calmer than before. “Okay.”

The rebel moved two steps away from Sungmin, literally giving him ‘space’.

 

It made him irritated. Sungmin meant what he said. He got headache, still kind of confused, and Kyuhyun was taking his words playfully? For God’s sake, Sungmin didn’t joke around!

“I’m serious, Hyung!” He turned his body to Kyuhyun and found the older already leaning his back against the elevator’s wall, standing casually, facing him.

 

“So do I.” Kyuhyun answered calmly. His expression also meant what he said, serious.

 

Sungmin was taken aback. Kyuhyun’s eyes and attention falling upon him, was overwhelming. The way Kyuhyun said it casually, was somehow, thrilling and insulting. “Why don’t you just leave me alone?” His tongue managed to say, bitterly.

 

Kyuhyun stood up straight in alert. “No.” His hard expression became harder. “Not a chance.”

 

To be honest, Sungmin was totally nervous in an instant. Kyuhyun was bold with his words and scary with his expression. And with this small space room, Sungmin got nowhere to run or hide. The elevator was suffocating as if it was crowded even though only the two of them inside.

 

“You refused to go out from this lift, we’ll stay.” The rebel spoke again, still in his heavy growling voice that made Sungmin shivers.

“You need some space, I’ll give you right away.” Kyuhyun shouted a little. His voice was echoing inside the small box room. “But if you ask me to leave you and let you alone in this place after those ual moves you did…”

*thud!!*

Kyuhyun suddenly hit the elevator’s wall, making the floor, and the lift in general, shaken a little. “I won’t let it happened.” His thick eyebrows were narrowed when he added. “I will never going to do that.”

 

Somehow, Sungmin found difficulties to say something. He was speechless. The ability to say good words was gone. Sungmin only managed to gulp down his throat in apprehension.

 

Realize that Sungmin got nervous, Kyuhyun slid down his fist from the wall and took a deep breath. He still hadn’t finish though. There were a lot of things he needed to say to Sungmin, to explain to him, to let the younger know. So then he started again.

“This place is full of criminals, Min. It’s dangerous, especially during Casino Nights.” Told Kyuhyun, eyes focusing on Sungmin.

 

Unexpected.

It was Kyuhyun’s thing. Sungmin knew it very well. His Hyung was always making him surprise with his actions. When Sungmin already planned something, he ruined it. When he thought Kyuhyun got angry, he calmed down. And right now, when he gave Sungmin those cold-dark-staring-eyes, there was warmth and sincerity inside.

Sungmin blinked away his anxiety towards Kyuhyun by giving out his reply. “I can take care of myself. You forgot that I’m good in self-defense.”

 

“I’m not saying you’re weak, Min. I know how strong you are.” Kyuhyun clarified, while remembering the pain on his jaw and cheek after those two punches from Sungmin.

 

“You can leave me alone then.” The younger supplied immediately. “I don’t need protection from anybody.” Sungmin was once again giving Kyuhyun a hard time, being debatable and all.

 

“With your dizzy state and half-drunk condition like this, you expect me to believe that?!” Kyuhyun commented skeptically. “You won’t even realize if they’re kidnapping you.”

!

The word slipped out from his lips and Kyuhyun regretted it right away. “O-or you.” He hesitantly added, trying to distract the ‘kidnapping’ word.

He knew he wasn’t supposed to mention kidnapping in the first place, because it’s a sensitive subject for Sungmin. Kyuhyun was afraid that the younger would remember his childhood.

 

“Well… It’s still much better...” Sungmin turned his head away, trying to escape Kyuhyun’s eyes. “At least they didn’t break my trust because it’s just a physical.” He scoffed.

And not too long after that, Sungmin spoke, in judging tone and all. “Physical, huh? I bet you’re an expert in separating physical and feelings when it comes to relationship.” He chuckled cynically.

 

There.

Sungmin did it again, saying words to provoke an argument between them. This cycle would not stop if they didn’t talk this through, with one person being in his sanely sane mind. And Kyuhyun realized it was his role.

 

The rebel folded his arms and questioned. “Why are you being so difficult?” He paused for a moment before asked again, a little hesitant. “Were you going to be like this if Top won the game?”

 

“It has nothing to do with him!” Sungmin suddenly perked, finally turning his head towards Kyuhyun.

 

“Then, what?!” He outraged with glaring eyes. It was very hard for Kyuhyun not to get emotional. Sungmin was making it hard for him to be calm.

However, his need for not-letting-the-President-go was stronger than anything. So that was why, he tried again. Kyuhyun lowered both his temper and voice. “What makes you behave like this, Min?”

 

“It’s you!” Sungmin blurted out right away.

“It’s difficult to forgive and be nice to you if an image of you sleeping with someone else is roaming around in my head!” He shouted with eagerness, successfully knocking Kyuhyun down at fault.

 

Silence fell upon them afterwards. Kyuhyun let his sweat sliding down from his temple, while Sungmin was still trying to breathe regularly from his sudden outburst. At this time, Kyuhyun got nothing to say to defend himself. He already said what he needed to say to clear his situation about the affair.

 

“Okay…” His shoulders slumped down a little. It was the third time Kyuhyun said ‘okay’, showing how much he tried to accommodate Sungmin.

“Tell me what do I need to do then.” The rebel who ran out of options, pleaded. Even if Kyuhyun tried everything to keep their relationship, in the end, Sungmin was the one to decide.

“You seduce everyone, being flirty, kissing someone else, letting their hands touching you, and it’s still not enough? Still not feeling better for making me angry??” He paused himself to sigh, getting tired with all of these. Really, really tired, by all means.

 

After a while, Kyuhyun continued. “Will you finally forgive me if we are equal? You have with someone else?” Saying those words was quite a struggle for Kyuhyun. It was like offering a knife to someone and asking that person to stab him in the stomach.

But Kyuhyun couldn’t think clearly at the moment. In his head, everything was a bad option, so then, it didn’t matter anymore to say it.

 

If Sungmin couldn’t forgive him, it was okay. If they needed to break-up, Kyuhyun might accept. But it didn’t change Kyuhyun and something that he had safe for Sungmin; his feelings.

 

In his defeat, Kyuhyun only wanted to make clear. “Miin-ah, even if you are still mad at me, even if it’s impossible for you to forgive me, or even if you hate me… Right now, I just can’t stop to care about you.”

For Kyuhyun, not-letting-Sungmin-go was meant to be not-letting-his-feelings-for-Sungmin-gone. “So don’t ask me not to, because I intend to keep this feeling for a long time.”

 

The younger didn’t say anything to respond, only his ears listening to Kyuhyun’s revelation in appreciation. Somehow, Sungmin was relief with the other’s stubborn effort to work ‘their-relationship’ out.

 

Why…?

The question came up again in Sungmin’s dizzy head. Why Kyuhyun was saying those words?? Why Kyuhyun put himself like a victim in their situation? Kyuhyun was not the one who got hurt, it was him. But Sungmin felt like a bad person now for making his Hyung to feel that way.

 

Their eyes were on each other, not blinking. And both of them were keeping their intense look, trying to search something in each other’s orbs; the truth.

 

Why you don’t expect something from me, Hyung?

Sungmin wondered what had he done to Kyuhyun, for making the rebel really weak instead of showing anger. Their interaction, the start of their relationship was not that long, but Kyuhyun made it like they were a couple for years, therefore he didn’t want to break up just like that.

 

A minute seemed like an hour. Time passed in a very slow manner. Maybe, it was the longest minute in their entire life. The one with the most sanity finally said something.

 

“Can we go have a rest, now?” Kyuhyun’s voice broke the silence between them.

“I know you’re tired.” Kyuhyun spoke gently, offering not only words but also his right hand.

 

Sungmin still didn’t say anything. He only listened to Kyuhyun by all means, literally listening with his ears, and listening as ‘not rejecting Kyuhyun’s idea’ by accepting his hand. At the time their hands found each other, Kyuhyun linked his fingers in between Sungmin’s, making a tight braid.

 

Influencing.

It was also Kyuhyun’s thing. Kyuhyun was always find a way to attract Sungmin, always had a power to make Sungmin into that state, agreeable.

 

*****

 

Warmth was enveloping his body. It felt nice and relaxing. Nothing could beat a warm bathtub after one exhausting night. Sungmin was soaking himself in Marcus’ bathtub after the latter suggested it and made preparation for him. And just like before, Sungmin didn’t say anything; only listening with his ears and doing it.

 

Kyuhyun set the water’s temperature in an exact level, a little hot but still considered warm. He also poured bath gel with jasmine fragrance for Sungmin, as if reading the younger that, Sungmin needed a refreshing kind of smell to feel at ease. The moment he dipped his body inside the tub, his troubles started to fade away, one by one.

 

Sungmin rested his back and head on the edge of tub, spoiling himself with the smell and the warmth. He was looking at the ceiling and memory rushed in, uninvited.

“I need you, and it’s my problem. I’m not asking you to return my feeling, or asking you to need me too. It’s already enough for me if you let me stay by your side.”

It was Kyuhyun’s.

Sungmin remembered, Kyuhyun didn’t expect him to return his feeling, or to give something in return.

 

“I just can’t stop to care about you…”

“So don’t ask me not to, because I intend to keep this feeling for a long time.”

What was there to be said again? Kyuhyun…didn’t ask for a reply. He just made a statement, a decision, not permission. With the words and memory running inside his head, Sungmin’s eyelids started to get heavy.

 

*****

 

*GASP*

Sungmin gasped in a sudden.

 

*cough cough cough*

And he coughed afterwards.

 

What happened?!

He turned his head around and found an empty bathroom.

 

Did I got…??

Still a bit coughing, he realized that he just got drown inside the tub. Sungmin lifted his body to sit straight. He palmed his face with both hands and brushed it upside-down, at the same time trying to recollect his memory before he sunk himself into the water and ran out of air.

 

Then he remembered. He had a weird dream, again, for numerous time. There were two Lee Sungmin in his dream. Based on their frowning expressions, they were fighting, shouting and pointing at each other. But the weird thing was, Sungmin couldn’t hear anything, what were they arguing for. Both Lee Sungmin’s in his dream were muted.

 

Sungmin took some water and washed his face. He continued to brush his hair backwards with his wet palms. Then he realized something.

How long have I been here…?

He bought all his fingers in front of his eyes and found all of them already wrinkled. It was definitely more than half an hour. Moments later, Sungmin lifted his body to stand and stepped out of the tub. He took a towel and started to dry himself.

 

Wearing a bathrobe seemed to be a great idea. It would be comfortable. So then he executed his thought before he walked out of the bathroom.

 

He expected to see his Hyung in the room, sitting on his bed, or on the sofa. But he found no one. Kyuhyun was not there. Sungmin only found neat clothes folding on the bed, with a paper note on top. With silent steps, he walked slowly towards the bed and picked up the paper.

 

Miin-ah,

Wear this, it’s mine, quite comfortable for you. I need to go out, emergency called.

 

Just in time Sungmin finished reading the message from Kyuhyun, a ringing bell startled him.

 

“Room service.” The voice announced from the door, and Sungmin turned his head in alert.

 

He was hesitant to walk and open the door. It was suspicious. He didn’t order anything from the room service.

 

Having no reply, a voice coming from outside the room announced again. “Pumpkin soup, spicy ramyun, beef stew, and ice cream pancakes for Miin-ah.”

 

Only by hearing it Sungmin could feel his mouth watering. His stomach was grumbling afterwards. All his suspicion and worries were thrown out as he rushed to the door.

 

Sungmin was relief that he decided to open the door. A waiter with big tray full of food on his hand stood there, welcoming his sight.

 

“Good evening, Sir. Mr. Marcus ordered this for Miin-ah.” The waiter smiled.

 

Sungmin nodded and stepped aside to let the waiter going inside the room. He tailed the waiter from behind and watched him placing the tray on a table.

 

“Have a good rest, Sir.” The waiter bowed down politely and walked outside, leaving Sungmin alone inside the room.

 

Sungmin went to the table and found something on the tray, on top of the cutlery. Another paper note was there. He flipped open and read it.

 

You’re probably hungry. Eat well, Miin-ah…

 

Sungmin shivered all of a sudden. How come he felt Kyuhyun whispering those words into his ear from behind?

Kyuhyun was right. Sungmin was totally hungry. That was why he had a weird imagination.

 

*****

 

“Hello…”

 

“Hyung…” Sungmin greeted through the phone.

 

There was a pause from the other line, before a gentle voice was heard. “I actually hope not to receive a phone call from you, because I believe, no news means good news.”

Soft sigh interrupted before the voice continued again. “Since you’re calling, I’m guessing something happened.”

 

Sungmin made a little smile before came up to answer the other. “How are you, Leeteuk Hyung?”

 

“Quite alright, until you called.” Leeteuk replied playfully and added. “Should I pick you up there, President?”

 

Yes, please! Take me out from this place!

He tempted to burst that out. But he didn’t. It was not the reason he called Leeteuk in a first place. Sungmin needed to settle his own problem. So then he spoke.

“Hyung, if someday, Kangin Hyung broke your trust, making you really disappointed and angry. Then, in a short time, he apologized and asked you to trust him again…” His voice was flat, almost without emotion. “Will you forgive him?”

 

Soft breath came into Sungmin’s hearing, making him imagine that Leeteuk was smiling right now from the other line.

“I will if he deserves it…” An answer finally came for Sungmin.

 

With frowning forehead, Sungmin elaborated further. “How do you know he deserves it?”

 

“After he proves himself that he deserves to have my trust again.”

 

Sungmin didn’t say anything while Leeteuk continued to mutter from the other line. “I’ll test him, making him suffers. People will shown their true self in a desperate situation. Then I will know whether he deserves my trust again or not.”

 

“Don’t you feel bad to make him suffer? Will the test change you?”

 

“Probably it will change me. And… It will only make you feel bad if you can’t stand to see him suffer…”

 

Suffer…

Leeteuk’s words were floating inside his mind.

Is Kyuhyun suffering because of me?

A question came up.

 

“Then you will know your decision…” Leeteuk said again.

 

Do I…?

Sungmin thought to himself. Was he actually know his decision, forgive or not to forgive?

 

Not waiting for Sungmin to reply, Leeteuk spoke again through the telephone.

“If I’m still not sure, then I will test him again, hurting him to test his patient, making sure that he is truly sorry. Again and again, until I don’t doubt him, until I know that he is sincere, and genuine, until I decide that Kangin is trustworthy, and accept me in my worst condition…”

 

After couple of seconds absorbing Leeteuk’s statement, Sungmin whispered. “Worst condition…?” he mumbled his confusion.

 

“Well, yeah… Making Kangin suffer, hurting Kangin, testing Kangin’s patience, those things are the worst of all that Kangin expect from me. I’m in my bad-self, the evil me when I test him out. If he still keeps up with my worst condition, then, I’ll decide to forgive him, and start to trust him again.”

 

Test him, again and again… If he still keeps up with my worst condition, then I’ll decide to forgive him…

Sungmin was closing his eyes as Leeteuk’s words were repeating inside his head.

 

“Because only the person who really love you unconditionally, will never give up to stand by your side and care about you in your worst condition, Min…”

 

*****

 

Taking a bath, checked.

Eating well, checked.

Getting advice, checked.

Making a decision, checked.

Now, Sungmin was waiting. He was sitting on the bed, Marcus’ bed, waiting for Kyuhyun, or Marcus, to come back from, based on the paper note, his emergency call. Sungmin glanced to the table, where a digital clock placed neatly beside a lamp.

10.37 am.

It was morning. And it’s been five hours away from the moment Sungmin stepped out from the bathroom. Still, Kyuhyun hadn’t come back yet. He was no where to be found inside the room.

 

Did you even have sleep, Hyung?

He wondered.

 

Are you sleeping in your room in the basement?

He couldn’t stop to guess Kyuhyun’s whereabout. Or, did Kyuhyun giving him some space like Sungmin wanted to? But no, that wouldn’t be possible. Kyuhyun said that he wouldn’t let Sungmin alone, right?

Okay, curiosity hitted, and it ruled him over.

Wherever Kyuhyun was, Sungmin needed to find him. He was anxious, and he wanted to see him. It was the only way to find his answer, and to make a decision.

 

Sitting around wouldn’t help him to settle anything. Sungmin lifted up on his feet and decided to look for Kyuhyun. He was walking towards the door when the bell rang once again, telling him that he had a guest.

If previously he was aware, this time, Sungmin rushed his steps to open the door. There was no suspicious feeling haunting him.

His eyes were dilating in surprise when he found familiar woman behind the door, shuddering.

 

“Mrs. Cho…” Sungmin breathed out.

 

“I can’t stand it…” Hanna managed to say in her trembling body. “I can’t even look at him lying helplessly in that condition.”

 

What? What was she talking about? Him? Condition? Is it…

Sungmin was guessing out in horror as his body started to shiver, thinking the worst possibility.

 

Hanna grabbed Sungmin’s outer arms, tightening her grip with shaking hands. “Sungmin, please… Take care of Kyuhyun for me.” She cringed.

“He’s bleeding and battered with injuries. And I can’t stand not to cry in front of him…”

 

*****

 

Ugh, tt!!!!

Kyuhyun stung in pain as he tried to lift his body from the bed. The blood had stopped leaking from his stomach, but the cut was still open. Even so, he still needed to move around. Well, not that he had many options, because though he was lying down on his bed, he would feel hurt all over his body. What was there to worry if with the same pain, he could put some ointment for his injuries?

 

With some difficulties and hell round of ing pain, Kyuhyun managed to sit at the edge of his bed. He grabbed a towel from the side table and bit it in between his teeth. Next, he took a bottle of alcohol. In a count of three, after he prepared himself, he poured the said liquid onto his open wound.

 

“FFFUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!” He struggled, mumbling into a towel in his mouth, gritting it hardly between his teeth. Sweats were sliding down from his face, along with tears producing from his eyes. It was ing painful. His chest was heaving up-and-downs as he got difficulty to breathe.

 

During his heavy breathing, Kyuhyun was still muttering few cursing words. It was hard not to curse, and somehow, it made him feel slightly better. His right hand was shaking a little when he tried to compress his wounded stomach.

 

“What is this, Kyuhyun? You’re not even winning half amount that I requested. Do you forget how much your Mom owned me?”

His boss’ voices few hours ago were suddenly filling inside his head.

 

“What happened boy? Did you get distracted? Oh, I bet you are...”

Kyuhyun pressed the towel harder onto his stomach, trying to forget the memory by making some pain. But his mind betrayed him as his conversation with the boss repeated inside his head…

 

“He is pretty… What’s his name? Miin-ah?”

“Don’t touch him!!!”

“Ahh, he’s really a distraction for you. Can’t blame you, he has the face and the body…”

“Shut up!”

“He will make plenty of money if he becomes an in here… Soo rich he can even pay Hanna’s debts for you.”

“ you!!!”

“Then listen to me boy!!! If you don’t use your ing brain! And your ing hand! To win the ing money for me! Then you might know what will happen to you, Hanna, and your ing boytoy!!!”

Kyuhyun crumpled his face with anger and annoyance. He knew this would happen eventually. It was what he tried to avoid in the first place. Letting everyone see and witness him being close to Sungmin was destructive. Only dangers would occure, not only for him and his Mom, but also for Sungmin. That was why, he tried not to get in touch or associate himself with Sungmin when he found the younger in Dukryang during Casino Nights, when he needed to be Marcus.

 

A sudden idea hit him. Maybe, Sungmin was right. It was easier for them not being together. Kyuhyun would be less burdened, and Sungmin would deserve more than anything. Why would he try to keep their relationship if it only caused more trouble for them?

 

Suddenly, his ears were hearing something. Rustling sound came from outside the room, breaking off his worrying thought. Kyuhyun was positive that it was definitely not his Mom. He narrowed his eyes and pulled out a small knife from the drawer beside his bed. He got ready in alert as the sound was getting louder and nearer.

 

*bham!!*

His door opened with a slam to reveal the boy he had been worrying for.

 

“Min…” The rebel breathed out his shock.

Sungmin was standing on his door, out of breath. He was wearing Kyuhyun’s clothes, the one he left for Sungmin. His face was serious, his eyes were intense, and he looked determined.

 

Finding him on his door was truly out of Kyuhyun’s expectation. What was he doing here? At the time like this? When he was totally injured? Sungmin should be up there. It was safer in Marcus’ room rather than in here.

 

“I-…” Sungmin started, a bit hesitant. He took few seconds to arrange his breathing before he continued. “I met Top, and we made out in his room…. I came up for him once.”

 

At that time, Kyuhyun couldn’t feel his wound anymore, because things that he just heard, turned out to be more painful than his injuries.

 

*****

 

Seeing the older with those injuries, in that condition, was hurting already, moreover to see his shocking expression after the younger told him.

 

Sungmin turned quiet, so did Kyuhyun. The former managed to control his respiratory after a while. He was waiting for Kyuhyun’s reaction, for his reply. Then he saw the older pulled his lips to smile, a helpless kind of smile accepting anything the world had to offer.

 

“I’m glad you come back to me…” Kyuhyun’s lips were a bit trembling when he smiled wider.

 

That was it.

Sungmin got his answer. Sungmin wanted Kyuhyun, because Kyuhyun still wanted him in his worst condition.

 

Without hesitation, without warning whatsoever, Sungmin rushed to Kyuhyun, so eagerly as much as his want for his Hyung. He jumped up to his embrace, making the latter fell on his back. They were crashing together on the bed.

 

Sungmin got up a little and straddled Kyuhyun underneath him. His elbows were trapping Kyuhyun’s face and his knees were outside the other’s thighs. Sungmin looked down, finding the other’s face with tears gathering at the brim of his eyes.

 

*****

 

It was ironic.

Kyuhyun didn’t cry, but he had tears on his cheeks, dropping smoothly from above him, from Sungmin. The tears were showing him enough answer than any words could say.

 

Sungmin didn’t sob, didn’t make any sound, he probably didn’t expect his tears would slide down from his eyes.

 

“Miin-ah… You’re a bad liar…” Kyuhyun finally croaked after another tears dropped onto his face.

 

The younger choked out with a chuckle.

 

“What makes you come here to visit me?” Even if Kyuhyun was somewhat happy to see Sungmin worrying about him, but he didn’t want the younger’s compassion of his injuries.

“Telling me lies?” He teased the younger with small smile decorating his face. “Or showing me how bad of a liar you are?” Kyuhyun wanted Sungmin to visit him because the latter wanted to, not because he obliged to.

 

Sungmin shook his head few times. A smile formed with his lips before he answered. “I came here to tell you that…you owned me.” He chuckled with a laugh.

“Kyu-Hyung, I’m yours.”

 

Nothing could beat those words coming into his ears. It was even better than hearing himself saying ‘blackjack’ when he claimed his victory in gambling. With both hands, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin down onto his embrace. The bed bounced a little when their bodies crashed together once again. He surpressed a pain from his wound and let Sungmin’s cheek resting on his chest.

 

He regretted having a thought to give up his relationship with Sungmin. Just few words from Sungmin could make him on top of the world, much better than winning any gambling competition. On the other note, Sungmin also could make him suffer, more painful than any wounds in his life. Yes, Kyuhyun had no doubt, everything was worth it with Sungmin.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I can imagine few people disappointed because, sorry, it’s not :P
Hihihi… Anyway, I forgot to brag this before.
 
 
To EvilBunnyMin, thank you for sending this edit and your sweet message!!! I’m lucky to have you (and other people) pampering me with good words to update, even encouraging me to join competition. Haha, always fun to have you guys around. As always, hope you enjoy ^^