Degaussing : a Gap

Magnet

Degaussing is the process of decreasing or eliminating a remnant magnetic field.

 

 

 

 

“Mom……?”

Kyuhyun’s shocking expression made everyone shutting their mouth.

Not just him, by the look from her face, Hanna who was interrupting the conversation was also surprised. The rebel went out of ideas in guessing the reason of Hanna’s presence. Even though he had a glimpse of happiness to see his mom, curiosity occupied his head.

 

What happened? Was Sungmin inviting his Mom to come? How did he get her out from Dukryang? His eyes were looking straight into Hanna’s to search for an answer.

He might have to confront disappointment as Hanna didn’t giving him any clue.

 

The situation was getting awkward with nobody speaking at the corridor, even the owner of the house hesitated to utter some kind of explanation, or at least few words.

 

“I thought the meeting would be more dramatic.” Someone spoke, breaking the silent.

“It turned out to be anti-.” Three people turned their head to the speaker who was actually standing behind Hanna.

 

Leeteuk stood there with a dimple smile upon his face.

 

“Well, since the Cho family is here, looking so confuse, I think we need some explanation.” Leeteuk turned his head to Sungmin.

“Min…” He called the blonde. “You want to start?”

 

*****

 

“I’m sorry for the abrupt meeting before.” Sungmin sat straight with eyes staring at the mother and son couple in front of him.

 

Their meeting at the corridor continued to the dining room as Sungmin wanted a proper situation for his explanation. Altogether with Leeteuk and Kangin, they were sitting at the dining table and waiting for their dinner to be served. Everyone, especially the Cho’s, were anticipating any kind of words coming out from the owner of the house.

 

“Uhm… Hanna-ssi, welcome.” Sungmin greeted and got a smile in return from her.

“I know this is too sudden.” It didn’t shown, but the blonde was fidgeted.

He felt nervous to tell everything and he confused how to put the situation in one clear explanation. It was supposed to be good news, a total surprise for Kyuhyun, but reflecting from their not-so-good communication before Hanna interrupted, Sungmin had a bad feeling on telling the truth, even doing it in a first place.

 

“To put it simply, I plan all of these, bringing Kyu-Hyung here, as well as Hanna-ssi so all of us can relax and have a good time together, away from the fear and bad things happening in Dukryang.” The blonde made his authentic formal smile.

 

At the same time, Shindong entered the room with several servants bringing food trays. They were spreading around the table, arranging cutlery and the food.

 

After couple of seconds putting all the pieces together, Hanna finally commented. “Oh my dear, Sungmin…you don’t have to do this.” She said, making Kyuhyun who sat besides her thinking. “This is too much… I-”

 

“Why?!” Kyuhyun cut. He turned his head towards his mother. “And how did you get here without hustle?” His face straightened, showing skepticism.

 

Hanna’s next words made Kyuhyun slightly suprised. “He bought me.” She stared at her son’s eyes and repeated herself. “Sungmin bought me.”

 

“What…??” The rebel reacted with disbelief, as if he heard some kind of lies.

 

Hanna sighed. “Look, Kyu.” She pointed her finger toward Leeteuk. “That guy, who introduced himself as Park Jungsoo, came to Super Generation, registering as a club member, and asked for me to sign an exclusive contract as his .”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, still hard to believe everything he heard.

 

“Sorry for not telling you anything, Mrs. Cho.” Leeteuk jumped in into the conversation, giving out his dimple smile. “I promised Sungmin to keep it low.”

 

Hanna shook her head. “Totally understand.”

 

Kyuhyun shoved his head to Sungmin and questioned the blonde with a fierce look. “This is all your doing?!”

From the sound of his tone, it was clear that there was no excitement whatsoever.

 

Sungmin stared back at his lover, taking time to gulp down in nervousness. He forced a smile before he said. “Surprise…” He was hesitating, making his tone sounded awkward to hear.

 

Kyuhyun stood up without warning. He turned around towards the door and almost bumped onto Shindong who was busy arranging the food on the table.

 

The blonde’s eyes were following Kyuhyun’s gesture. “Where are you going, Hyung?” Sungmin was standing up to follow the rebel who was walking away from the table.

“You’re not having dinner with us?” The blonde hesitated to walk and asked the older instead. He wanted to chase him, making him stop from his walk and dragging him back to his chair. The sight was kind of déjà vu. Having his Hyung’s cold shoulder slowly fading away was something he didn’t want to see again. It was…definitely hurting.

 

Sungmin hated to see Kyuhyun walking away from him. He didn’t feel comfortable to see the rebel’s back going away from his sight. Because it meant one thing, Kyuhyun left. The rebel left him behind, just like his father who always gave his back when Sungmin asked him to spend the weekend together, or when Sungmin wanted to know about his mother, or when he was kidnapped and his father refused to pay anything to save him.

 

“I’m full.” Kyuhyun shouted, not bothering to stop from his walk.

 

Kyuhyun left him too during the Charity Ball. The blonde wondered if Kyuhyun would ignore him afterwards like his father.

 

“I’m fed up with all the surprises, I feel like I wanna throw up.” The rebel supplied.

 

Oh…

Yes, he’s definitely angry…

Sungmin kept his thought inside. He wanted to ask why, or have a talk with Kyuhyun about it. But he couldn’t do it. No, not right now. Shindong and all the servants would be suspicious and guessed out something. Besides, Sungmin never knew what kind of reply the rebel would give if they argued. Kyuhyun might say something about their relationship, and everyone would notice.

 

So, right now, he couldn’t do much except sitting back onto his chair.

 

“He is probably tired from the journey. In the meantime, shall we start the dinner?” for the second time this evening, Sungmin forced another smile.

 

*****

 

The dinner went pretty fun even without Kyuhyun. After the rebel left, Hanna made the situation much less awkward. As Kyuhyun’s mother, she apologized for her son’s behavior and shifted the subject immediately by asking Sungmin, Leeteuk and Kangin about the house, about their favorite activities in the house and the schedules for tomorrow. In a matter of minutes, they forgot about Kyuhyun and drowning in exciting conversation, changing subject from Kyoto’s landscape to Japanese dishes to Geisha and Japanese entertainment, and so on.

 

Sungmin and his Hyungs took Hanna for a short tour around the house. Mrs. Cho revealed that the outdoor swimming pool was her favorite spot by far even though Sungmin kept on going promoting their infamous jungle bath. Then, the three of them escorted the lady to her room, which located right beside Kyuhyun. Before Hanna went inside her room, she turned around to bid the three men good night.

 

“So, gentlemen, I guess this is good night?” Hanna announced before she turned to Sungmin. The blonde boy was giving her a bright smile, which made her wondering.

 

For more than 10 years, Hanna was not the type to have faith in God. Hell, no. After her fate brought her to Dukryang, she believed that God exist only for rich people, and definitely not for her who was a constant sinner day to day in order to keep on living. So yeah, the concept of faith, religion or God was just too luxurious for her. In living her life, she only has one principle; she will always try not to hurt anyone because she will never know what kind of fate or the future brings.

 

Right now, Hanna started to have different opinion. Maybe, just maybe, God do really exist. Sungmin’s existence in her and Kyuhyun’s life seemed like something that cannot be explained logically, like a miracle. Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s meeting was probably fate, but their mutual attractiveness toward each other couldn’t be explained in rational justification.

 

God bless you, my dear…

Hanna rubbed the blonde’s cheek gently.

 

Hanna’s palm was warm and it felt so familiar Sungmin didn’t want to let go. The simple gesture made him happy and appreciated. There was nothing happier to receive a brief ‘thank you’ after he put so much effort to do something for someone.

 

The blonde placed his palm over Hanna’s, keeping her warm touch to his skin.

 

“Don’t mind him. He probably struck with all the surprises, he didn’t know how to deal with it.” Hanna made a thin smile. “Kyuhyun’s life shaped him to be a skeptical, too pragmatic person who often sees everything in the negative side.”

 

Sungmin sighed tiredly. “I mean no harm, Mrs. Cho.”

 

“I know you are.”

 

Sungmin knew how skeptic Kyuhyun can be, how negative his brain can think, or how destructive his action can react. But this time, he thought Kyuhyun was too much, and he felt kind of tired to follow his way of thinking.

 

“If Kyuhyun gets something good in a finger snap, he will get suspicious and think that something bad will be following after.” She smiled wider. “Give his stupid brain time to think.”

 

Sungmin nodded and widened his lips to smile.

 

 “Well, it’s late, you need to rest.” Hanna leaned forward to kiss Sungmin on the cheek.

 

“Same goes for you.” Sungmin replied the kiss. “Goodnight, Mrs. Cho. Sleep well.” He stepped back and waited for Hanna to enter her room. Before the said lady closed the door, she supplied. “I really thankful for you and your Hyungs. Your exclusive contract saves me from everything.” She was smiling in grief, as if she remembered something horrible.

 

“My pleasure.” Were the blonde last words before the door shut.

 

*****

 

 

“How was Dukryang?”

 

Leeteuk was just out from taking a bath when he heard the question. “It was…interesting.”

 

“Did someone hit on you?” Kangin continued to interrogate.

 

Leeteuk chuckled while he was drying his hair with towel. “Is this a question out of jealousy?”

 

“Tsk, come on.” Kangin laid his back on the futon comfortably. He used his arms as a pillow to support his head. “I won’t get jealous over something so trivial. Don’t put me at the same level as that brat.”

 

Soft laughter was out from the Psychiatrist’s lips. “Oh that brat. I almost let you run after him and punch him on his face at the dinner. If Sungmin had not said that, I probably wouldn’t stop you.” Leeteuk shook his head in disbelief.

 

In his opinion, Kyuhyun’s action was crossing the line and unjustified. He knew he was not being professional as Psychiatrist who should consider Kyuhyun’s background and characteristic to act that way. Like what Hanna told them, he should understand or at least not to make a judgment of Kyuhyun’s action. But Leeteuk’s protectiveness over Sungmin was greater than his professional ethics. For him, Kyuhyun was the one at fault, not his beloved Sungmin.

 

“So, how was my former home town to your liking?” Kangin repeated the question again, going back to their initial topic.

 

The young doctor was putting on his pajama as he described. “I feel haunted there.”

 

Kangin frowned, showing confusion.

 

“I felt anxious. Everywhere I go, I feel like someone is following me.” Leeteuk buttoned up his pajama while continuing. “Many people were throwing themselves at me, offering drugs or , women, men, even two boys around 14-16 years old.”

 

“Hmm, those kids would take your money and belongings away if you slept with them.” Kangin explained casually.

 

“It seems like I always need to prepare for the worst there.” Leeteuk described his experience.

 

“It’s only a little glimpse you saw about that town.” Kangin shut his eyes as he recalled some piece from his memory that he almost forgotten. “When there is a gang fight, you will see people firing guns everywhere and dead bodies scattered on the road with high casualties. Or if there is a dead match duel, the body of a person who is lost will be thrown away like a trash at the rubbish bin.”

 

Yeah, those memories…

 

The roar… the crowd… the bloodthirsty people…

 

 

FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!

 

KILL HIM!!!

 

Punch him dead Youngwoon!!

 

Slice the throat!!!

 

YOUNGWOON!! I bet for you!!

 

Just finish him off!!

 

 

How many years ago was that? The time when Kangin thought there were only two options in this world, kill or be killed. The time when another people’s blood always covered on his body, and became his one and only perfume.

 

Kangin got absorbed with his own memory he didn’t realize that the futon was sinking from Leeteuk’s weight.

 

“Kangin, stop.” Came a voice, waking Kangin up from his imagination.

 

The bigger guy opened his eyes and found Leeteuk’s frowning face hovering him. The Psychiatrist already sat on the side of the futon with troubling face.

 

“Hmph, what?” The bigger guy smirked.

His right hand was reaching out to Leeteuk’s face. “Don’t give me that look.” He brushed the other’s cheek gently. “I just remember a sweet memory from the past.”

 

Leeteuk frowned, doubting Kangin’s answer.

 

“Let’s talk about more important stuff, shall we? How was Super Generation?” The bodyguard changed the subject immediately.

 

Leeteuk agreed to leave the previous subject and went on to reply. “Pretty safe and sound. Thanks to you hacking their system, they didn’t find my background record suspicious. And when I met Hanna, she was surprised to see her client as young as me.”

 

Kangin rose up from the bed slightly, straightening his position. He was getting more serious for the next topic. “I still can’t believe your beloved little brother would go this far…”

 

Leeteuk smiled vaguely. “He’s your little brother too.”

 

“I mean…” Kangin paused. “He asked us to sneak into Super Generation club, join as member and contract Hanna exclusively just to get her out from that place temporary??”

 

“Well…” The Psychiatrist sighed. “I even think that Sungmin plans to contract her for a long time and put her in a safe place.” He moved slightly to lean his head on Kangin’s broad shoulder.

 

“Geezz, that’s ridiculous. Does he ever think the consequences? What if Mr. Lee found out, or the club recognized we broke into their system and found your true identity? Or suddenly Kyuhyun broke him up, or Hanna ran away??” Kangin pulled one of his legs up and rested his elbow on the knee. He didn’t show it, especially in front Sungmin, but ever since Sungmin told him the idea and asked for his and Leeteuk’s help, Kangin’s mind couldn’t calm even a bit.

 

Who would guess Sungmin decided to do such things? Moreover, the blonde President was absolutely determined, making no room for negotiation. How could they negotiate with Sungmin when Sungmin told them that he would be the one responsible for everything?

 

“I want both of you to help me.” Said the blonde as Kangin recalled. Sungmin used the word ‘want’ rather than ‘ask’ or ‘request’.

 

The bodyguard released a heavy breath before he looked down to his companion. “Do you think his father will find out?”

 

Leeteuk chuckled cynically. “A big chunk of money being used in a flash, I would be surprised if his father wouldn’t notice anything.” His voice was kind of flat, as if he was having a losing battle.

 

The auburn haired man was snuggling deeper into Kangin’s shoulder blade and spoke again. “Sungmin is getting serious. He is totally attached to Kyuhyun and willing to do a big thing for him.”

 

Kangin sneaked his hand and hold the other man’s waist from behind.

 

“We need to be prepared, Kangin.” Leeteuk took a moment before he finished his sentence. Saying the next words out loud was unexpectedly hard for the Psychiatrist. “Prepare to protect him and to give him away to Kyuhyun.”

 

Kangin leaned down slightly to kiss Leeteuk’s hair and mumbled. “This is getting messy…”

 

*****

 

 

Tonight was chilly and lonely. The sky was cloudy without stars. The night was cold enough to keep someone under a thick blanket, or to light up a fireplace, yet, Kyuhyun was outside at the outdoor balcony. Wearing his one and only shirt and holding a glass full of wine, he was sitting lazily on a chair with both legs sprawling on the table.

 

After he left the dining room, he walked straightly toward his designated room. It was not a surprise to find the room was similar to a suite in five stars hotel. When Kyuhyun’s eyes saw flat screen television, fluffy bedding, shiny bathroom, outdoor balcony with small Japanese garden style and billion dollars scenery, he could only chuckled bitterly.

 

Whether the rebel liked it or not, the luxurious things were not stopping there; a pair of pajamas was folded neatly on his bed, fancy looking clothes were arranged in the drawer for him, a bowl of fruits alongside with a cold bottle of 1980 red wine were on the table. And he found all of these things annoying, very ing annoying.

 

The rebel refused to use neither the fancy bathroom or to wear the expensive clothes. Few moments after he entered the room, he took the bottle of wine and a glass, and then walked to the balcony.

 

From the moment he opened the bottle and sat on the balcony’s chair, Kyuhyun indulged himself enjoying the alcoholic beverage. He wanted to feel at ease, wanted to rest his tangled mind, wanted to calm his disturbed emotion. Using few cushions, the rebel rested his head and stared at the empty sky with an empty mind.

 

He refused to think about anything. He didn’t want to recall all things happening today, he didn’t want to know the reason why Sungmin did all of these things, bringing his Mom and taking both of them on a holiday while wanting to keep distance from each other and hiding their relationship.

 

No, just no. Stop thinking.

He didn’t want to explore his own emotion on this matter.

 

Kyuhyun finished his glass and closed his eyes, wanting to forget everything.

 

Things were getting calm and the rebel had peaceful mind for couple of seconds until his ears captured a sound coming from the door.

 

The sound successfully poked his mind to work again. Someone just entered his room. He sighed in silent while thinking that he only had two guesses, his mom or his boyfriend. He hoped the first option though, because he didn’t want to have a debate with the blonde at the moment.

 

With eyes still closing, body not moving an inch, the rebel could hear stepping sounds getting clearer as the person was heading nearer towards him.

 

“You finished a bottle alone in two hours??” Came a familiar voice. “And it’s not even midnight yet, what are you? Alcoholic junkie???”

 

Kyuhyun let the question being unanswered for couple of seconds as he was pretending to sleep. However, knowing the person would find out one-way or another, he finally responded with a hoarse voice. “Go away, Mom.”

 

Instead of leaving, Hanna took a seat beside the rebel and put another bottle of wine that she bought from her room onto the table.

 

“You know I wouldn’t listen to you, right?” She giggled.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Supplied Kyuhyun, still having his eyes closed.

 

“What about it?” She retorted back.

 

“And stop acting clueless. I am not getting provoked by you.”

 

Hanna smiled and moved her seating position to face her son. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

 

The rebel froze still, not giving any answer.

 

Was that even a question?

Of course Kyuhyun was happy to see her Mom safe and sound. Suddenly he felt Hanna’s fingers brushing off his hair from his forehead.

 

“The name registered in the club was not his name, I am contracted exclusively for a week, Leeteuk and I took the flight from Seoul. Sungmin did everything nice and clean.” Hanna was using her fingers to play with Kyuhyun’s hair. “What are you afraid of?”

 

Kyuhyun finally opened his eyes, but he still shut his lips, consistent in being silent.

 

Knowing Kyuhyun wouldn’t reply his question, Hanna continued further. “He is a good boy, and he is not asking you to pay him back.” She curled Kyuhyun’s fringe with her fingers. “At the dinner, he told me with this positive yet subtle excitement that both of you has been living together in his dorm for two weeks. I assume everything is going pretty well…right?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, agreeing with everything his Mom said. “He is being ridiculously serious, Mom.” The rebel finally muttered.

 

“And you’re not?” Hanna threw back with a frown.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and turned his head towards Hanna. “Everything I saw today making me realizes more and more that our situation is very different. The gap is too big, and I’m afraid I will take his bright future away.”

 

This time, Hanna was the one turning silent. She was surprised that her son would be very thoughtful, even thinking it thoroughly.

 

“It keeps bugging me since we left SM Town.” The rebel revealed further. “His fortunate situation, his promising future, his loving people surround him. He might have traumatic childhood, and has a bad relationship with his father, but look at him right now.” Kyuhyun’s expression was changing slowly. “He survived his PTSD and he is surrounded by the love of the people around him.”

 

Hanna understood now. Seeing him and listening to him, she knew that there was a bigger issue bothering her son than just a problem of accepting all the new expensive things at once.

 

“And now he is giving me so much it feels illogical and unreal, showing how serious he is with this relationship…” Kyuhyun was frowning while his voice started to crack. “He offers happiness to a person like me, who only wants to graduate and make a lot of money by any means necessary…”

 

There was no more the over-confident rebellious gambler and a frightening gang member. Hanna only saw a troubling man who got lost in the wheel of fate coming from the universe.

 

“You… and me… Are living in a slump, and he…is living in a palace.” As he continued to speak, his voice was getting weaker. “It sounds cliché, but you and I know that there is no such thing as fairytale.” Kyuhyun sounded like making a plea, to whom and about what, no one knows. “Tell me, Mom… How do you think the future of our relationship be?”

 

How?

Hanna didn’t know, she didn’t even dare to predict. She opened his lips, wanting to say something, but she couldn’t think of any comforting words to answer Kyuhyun’s question.

 

So, after a couple of seconds, Hanna could only being honest and say. “I don’t know, Kyu.” She shook her head slightly. “Even so… I can only hope that you will treasure every moment with him.”

 

Kyuhyun took a moment to digest her words. After a while, he just simply replied. “I know.” His lips were slowly forming an odd smile as he took the bottle of wine that his Mom bought.

 

“Let’s drink, Mom. Just for tonight, let me be a weirdo and overthink everything.” He took a wine opener and popped the bottle open.

 

Kyuhyun filled his glass with red liquid and gave it to his Mom.

 

Receiving the glass, Hanna requested. “Despite of everything you say, promise me you will not ruin all things he puts together for this holiday?”

 

Kyuhyun raised the wine bottle to share a toast with Hanna. “I know. I told you just for tonight, right?”

 

Hanna was smiling when she clanked her glass with the wine bottle in Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

“Cheers.”

 

*****

 

 

Afternoon was never been so horrible for him. The sun refused to show up and it let the dark cloud ruled over Seoul’s sky. It was almost raining, everyone could tell from the grumbling clouds. How could it be like this? He wanted to screw the weather forecast for telling him the opposite prediction, he felt like screaming at the cloudy dark sky telling them to go away and let the sun shine. It’s totally ridiculous. He was supposed to enjoy ‘the fall’ sun by sailing a yacht today, but what did he get today? Gloomy weather with a chilly fall breeze. Screw. Everything.

 

Today was his first date with this particular person, and the weather already mocked him.

 

What a forecast, huh??

He wasn’t sure that it directed on the weather or his future relationship with this particular person. A memory suddenly invaded his head. He remembered when they introduced and met for the first time. The situation was like the weather today, ugly, so did the person’s face in his eyes at that moment, ugly.

 

*buzz buzz buzz*

His cellphone suddenly notified that a call just came in. He took it out from his pocket and startled a bit to see the caller ID.

 

Swapping the screen, Ryeowook received the call and answered hesitantly. “…Hel-lo…?”

 

“Hi Secretary Kim! How’s your holiday?”

Greeted the person from the other line.

 

It took Ryeowook 5 seconds to finally answer the question. “Err… It’s pretty well so far… Why…??” His tone suspected something fishy.

 

“Oh, forget it! I cannot do this kind of chitchat, anyway! Let’s get down to business, Secretary. Where’s your President?”

After the unusual greeting, the voice turned back into the original character, asking Ryeowook aggresively to the point.

 

Being careful with anything he would say, Ryeowook spoke. “He’s in a holiday outside the country.” He paused for a moment and repeated his previous question. “Why are you looking for him?”

 

“I can’t reach his cellphone. Do you know a way to get to him?”

 

“Of course you won’t reach him. Sungmin doesn’t want to be disturbed so he turned off his cell.” Ryeowook explained. “Why?” He asked again, becoming eagerly curious. “Is there something urgent?” added Ryeowook.

 

“I don’t know if you think this is urgent or not, but I need the President himself to confirm the rumor spreading around that many students has been witnessing Kyuhyun spending nights and breaking the curfew in Sungmin’s dorm. Do you happen to know whether our powerful couple start living together or something?”

 

Bulging his eyes, Ryeowook couldn’t hide his surprise. “What?! What are you talking about??!!”

 

“Ceh, didn’t you know?? Or you’re just pretending not to know?”

 

“Nonsense!”

 

“Anyway, I cannot stop the rumor from spreading around… And FYI, I’ve got photos.”

 

!!

Ryeowook hung up without thinking it twice.

Living together?? This is crazy! Sungmin, are you stupid????

His mind was speaking inside.

 

“Hey, you okay?” a voice interrupted, suddenly making Ryeowook startled.

 

Ryeowook nodded hesitantly. His lips were forcing an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry but, can we go back? I suddenly feel sick.”

 

Ryeowook saw disappointment on his companion’s face, but he agreed eventually. “Sure.” He complied.

 

*****

 

What time is it?

Kyuhyun fluttered his eyes several times and found a not-so-familiar ceiling in his line of vision. He just woke up from a long sleep. A memory rushed in upon the realization of his situation. Last night he had wine with his Mom and he went to bed after they finished a bottle together.

 

He propped himself up on one elbow and looked around the room to find some kind of clock. He didn’t find anything to showing the time at the moment, but he knew it was late morning. No, scratched that. It’s probably afternoon since he could see the sun being pretty high in the sky. His room became pretty bright with sunrays streaming down through the blinds.

 

Kyuhyun released a big sloppy yawn. Few cracks were heard when he stretched his body around on the bed. After few moments, he landed his feet on the carpeted floor. With a lot of effort, he walked heavy steps toward the bathroom and started to get ready with today’s activities.

 

*****

 

“Good day, Sir. How was your sleep?” A voice greeted Kyuhyun when he entered the dining room. “What would you like for brunch, Mr. Kyuhyun? We have omelet, sausages, panca-”

 

“Where are the others?” Kyuhyun didn’t even let Shindong finishing his line.

 

“The schedule right now is horse-riding, so they are at the ranch.” Not bothering with a sudden change of topic, Shindong answered promptly.

 

Kyuhyun was trying to keep his not-riding-horse-again-expression inside and spoke. “Where’s the ranch?”

 

“Please wait here, I will call someone to take you there.” Shindong made a polite smile.

 

“Forget it. I’ll find it myself.” Kyuhyun brushed the butler off and turned around, taking his leave. Before he reached the frame door, he stopped to say. “Can I have a latte?”

 

Several seconds passed before Shindong answered with a brief smile. “Right away, Sir.” He told. “Someone will deliver it to you at the ranch.”

 

“Sweet.” Kyuhyun added casually before he went outside. “Thanks, Dongie.”

 

That, made Shindong totally speechless for few seconds.

 

*****

 

“Finally…” Kangin greeted at the time Kyuhyun reached a spot beside him. “I see you don’t have trouble sleeping, brat.”

 

Kangin was standing at the wooden bars separating the horse tracking field and a small green hill. He leaned forward and rested his elbows onto the bars.

 

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“Here’s your latte.” Kangin handed out a tumbler to Kyuhyun. “It arrived earlier than you. Pfft, did you get lost?” The bodyguard chuckled with a mocking tone.

 

Kyuhyun snapped the hot beverage away from Kangin’s hand. “I said shut up.”

 

The big guy continued to laugh, not minding with Kyuhyun’s warning.

 

Ignoring the other, Kyuhyun looked away towards the green field in front of him. His eyes captured three people riding two horses in a slow pace. His mom and Leeteuk were riding a brown haired horse, while Sungmin was riding a white horse alone. By the look of their faces, the three of them seemed having a great time together. They laughed and talked casually. Kyuhyun assured that they didn’t even notice his presence.

 

“Hey brat…” Kangin called. His voice was deep and serious. “Do you know how to use a gun?”

 

What?

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows were gathering to the middle as he was getting tensed hearing the question.

 

Is he…

Kyuhyun was trying to guess the meaning behind Kangin’s words. Was he implying something, or being explicit with the question?

 

In Dukryang, asking that kind of question to someone meant challenging a duel. Those words, which just coming out from Kangin’s lips, needed to be confirmed.

 

“Sungmin told you I was living in Dukryang before, right?” Supplied Kangin, suggesting something into Kyuhyun’s brain.

 

Right.

Kyuhyun released a cynical chuckle.

Of course, you are.

Yeah, he almost forgot that fact.

 

And in Dukryang, when you up to the challenge, you will reply. “Gun loaded with bullets or an empty one?” Kyuhyun replied back.

 

If the answer was a loaded gun with bullets, then it would be a duel with a gun. But if it was an empty gun, then the duel would be a fight without any weapon.

 

Kangin curled his lips upwards, forming a smirk. “Empty gun.”

 

“MIIIINGGGGG!!!”

 

Someone was shouting, and both of them got distracted right away. The loud voice was coming from the direction of the horse stable. From his standing spot, Kyuhyun saw a tall man riding a black horse in a full speed. It was obvious from his body language, the tall guy was very excited to approach Sungmin.

 

Kyuhyun shifted his eyes to Sungmin and saw his boyfriend’s surprising face before he started to ride his white horse towards the newly guest.

 

The tall guy was pacing the speed down constantly and when he was few meters away from Sungmin, he stopped the horse by pulling on the reins. The black horse was standing on two feet before it completely stopped.

 

“Ming!!” The tall guy called again, jumping down from his ride with confidence and fled to the said guy. When he reached the blonde, he lifted both of his hands, offering it to Sungmin to climb down from his horse.

 

Sungmin received the kind offer and let those strong arms holding his balance by the armpits. As soon as his feet reached the ground, he curled his arms around the tall guy’s neck and hugged him tightly.

 

“Tsk! Cool as ever, that guy really loves making a scene.” Kangin chortled, breaking Kyuhyun’s attention.

 

The rebel turned his head to Kangin. “Who is that guy?” He looked annoyed.

 

Kangin suddenly had an interesting thought popping out inside his head. He could imagine how their holiday would be definitely, very, very fascinating. His lips couldn’t hide his excitement by forming a wide grin. “Brat, meet Choi Siwon, the infamous cousin of Lee Sungmin.”

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n : yollo! Hey, how is everyoneee?? Hope everyone is healthy, happy and excited because SIWON is in da housee!! Yeiiiiy! Ohh, finally, the cousin is hereeee! I'm sooo excited to write about him! Many surprises to come, so yeah, be prepared! Oh, I suppose you know the one who called Ryeowook, right? If you get confuse, I suggest you read Lens and Pen that taking place before (chapter 1 and 2) and after (chapter 3) chapter 49 of Magnet. There were few short scenes about our controversial couple that being described by Hyukjae. Hope it will enlight you a little. And yeah, sorry for the many pictures, I just love putting it into this fic :P

Last, hope you enjoy the update! :D