Degaussing: a Warning

Magnet

Degaussing is the process of decreasing or eliminating a remnant magnetic field.

 

 

It was uncomfortable afternoon one rebellious student could sense when he was walking proudly towards his board locker. Since this morning, the negative aura was very striking, and Cho Kyuhyun sensed it. He was assured, and never went wrong to smell something bad when he received a lot of judgmental and dirty looks from other students. Something had happened behind his back, and whatever it was, the impact would be ugly for him.

 

Unknown to the rebel, a day before, there was indeed a gossip spread out like a wild fire within the student’s society. Rumor has it, Cho Kyuhyun’s mother is a e and a striptease dancer who worked in a host club outside SM Town. And everyone was bad mouthing the rebel because of it.

 

The rumor, however, was not new information been spread around in Royal Sapphire. Three years ago, the same issue also been brought up and discussed in several student’s groups. Since Cho Kyuhyun didn’t give a damn thing about the rumor and everyone was afraid of him, also because the rumor came up without any evidence in small scale of student’s population, the rumor just passed by for a few days. And it’s completely vanished within a week.

 

Now, the situation was different. The rumor was being regarded seriously and rapidly dispersed in a day within the Students. Nearly all circles of Students knew it. They who didn’t know it before were shocked, while who had heard it became more assured of its truthfulness.

 

Beyond all that, remained a question, how did the rumor come once again?

Well, the said rumor was being brought up on the surface since Royal Sapphire Charity Ball’s publication campaign started. The event adopted a theme regarding a Mother, ‘unconditional love of a Mother’. Student Council’s Committee for the Charity Ball used a lot of tools–such as posters, banners, advertisement in newspaper, radio and tv program–and did many things possible to promote the said event. One way of it was including the Journalistic club to help with the promotion.

Then, one article written by Lee Hyukjae provoked a discussion among Students. The award-winning journalist didn’t intend to go into ‘the most-honest-loving couple’ families background with his question of ‘what kind of unconditional love that their Mother given?’ at the end of Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s daily report article. But that single question suddenly made all Students put a high interest on Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s Mother, considering the fact of their high popularity since they went official in public. Next thing happened, a rumor with photos evidence regarding Kyuhyun’s Mother was propagated in no time.

 

Without the spread rumor of Kyuhyun’s Mother being a e, the rebel was already receiving hate, either from jealous Students who obsessed with Sungmin, or from homophobics people who didn’t agree with gay relationship in general. Now, the hatred towards the rebel was getting high in number. It was even more open and frontal to the point of threatening.

Yes, today, this afternoon, when he stopped in front of his board locker, Cho Kyuhyun received few warning letters that written:

 

Die you son of a !!!!!

May you & your sinful Mom's soul burned in hell!!!

Shame on you!! This School & Sungmin don't need you! Go kill yourself and don't forget to bring your sinful Mom with you!!!

Hey Cho!!! I have 10,000 won. How much is your Mom? I wanna her!!

You and your Mom just go to hell!!

Disgusting man from dirty !!!!

Hey Cho, I treat you to lunch, u treat me your Mom's !

Get ing lost with your Mom!!

 

Getting the message clear, the rebel gritted his teeth and contorted his face in anger. He fisted all the warning letters on his locker, pulled it away and crumpled it in his hand with a rage.

 

*****

 

Aside from the Lobby, there was another place in Royal Sapphire High School that Sungmin would say very exquisite, even though he couldn’t spend much time there. The place was basically indoor room, located on the top floor of the main School’s building. Even though it was used as a working office, the place was actually almost the same size as a regular classroom in Royal Sapphire.

 

 

Its whole interior room was designed in European classic style with three areas separating the spacious room. The first area–the first part of the room from the two big entrance doors–was a small meeting room that can be used as a dining area. Eight chairs were placed surrounding a rectangular wooden table. The second part was the living room area, a place where all guests would be seated. There was one long comfortable couch with full cushions on it, a reading couch on the right, one single couch with neither armrest nor backrest on the left and a square couch-table. The last part was the working table area, where the owner of the room had his works done.

 

The most beautiful thing about the room that Sungmin awed all the time he made a visit was, the balcony garden outside the room that separated by four big window doors. A lot of flowers and several trees planted on the green grass in the garden, including small fountain in the middle.

 

As much as the blonde President wanted to relax, enjoying the scenery surrounded him, his body reacted the opposite. Since he entered the ‘breath-taking’ room, under the sign of ‘Principal Office’ on the entrance door, his body started to get, slowly but surely, tensed. Unlike his composed usual self, Lee Sungmin was walking nervously towards the working desk of the Principal, Kim Jong Hak.

 

The said man was waiting calmly for the blonde’s presence on his working chair, hands folded on the desk. In front of the seating Principal, a bold lady with a neat blazer and tight pencil skirt sat with knees closed to each other. Her up-do bun’s black hair made her looking more preserved, smart and of course, sharply beautiful. Sungmin knew her quite well. In fact, the blonde adored the lady and often praised her in front of Ryeowook.

 

“I believed you called Sir.” The blonde bowed in a polite manner when he reached a close distance in front of the Principal’s desk. Sungmin lifted his body up and turned it a little to his right, towards the seated woman’s direction. “Good afternoon Mrs. Lee. It’s very nice to see you again.” The blonde bowed once again while pulling his lips to smile.

 

To Sungmin’s surprise, the said woman who usually gave him a very warm smile and friendly gestures, shoved his head away in response, ignoring the blonde’s greeting with a cold face deliberately. Before Sungmin could register what would make her act like that, the Principal’s voice was heard in his ears.

 

“Please, take a seat Lee Sungmin-ssi.” He formally asked the blonde to seat in front of him, beside the woman. “I heard you got sick Lee. How is the condition now?” the Principal asked.

 

“Yes, Sir. Today, I just recovered from overly fatigue condition.” The blonde pulled the chair Principal’s referred, accepting his offer to sit. “Thank you for your concern.” He sat and looked up while smiling politely to the man.

 

“Good.” Kim Jong Hak nodded before changed his face into more serious expression. “Now, I’ll be straight to the point.” He changed his tone right away.

Principal Kim opened his table’s drawer and took something inside the drawer. “Could you explain the meaning of this Sungmin-ssi?” he threw several magazines, newspapers and articles on his desk quite harshly.

 

In response, the blonde closed his eyes for few seconds and took a deep breath to calm his nervousness. On the table, magazines, newspapers and articles about him and Cho Kyuhyun were scattered around.

To be really honest, it wasn’t that surprising for the blonde. Sungmin calculated it that he would confront this kind of situation sooner or later. Lee Sungmin was careful and thoughtful person.

The moment Sungmin decided to agree with Kyuhyun’s offer to become his lover,

The moment he free-willingly put interest to the rebel’s life,

The moment he sincerely wanted to help Cho Kyuhyun,

The moment he released part of his ego to understand his Kyu-Hyung, Sungmin knew this would happen eventually.

He predicted everything that might come as a result from all his decisions he made.

 

If there was anything he didn’t plan to happen, it would be to helplessly fall for Cho Kyuhyun guy. And because of that, he didn’t know how the Principal or the Assembly–two important powers in his School–took it. He couldn’t measure until what point the Principal and Assembly got angry with the President of Student Council’s gay relationship.

 

However, Sungmin decided, that he would not back off. He wanted to keep the relationship he had now, at the same time changing the narrow minded of discrimination against ual preferences in Royal Sapphire’s society. He would defend himself, fighting them by playing along with their game.

 

“As stated in those articles, my boyfriend and I were asked for interviews and cover stories for the School’s media.” Sungmin answered calmly, along with his soft smile decorated on his face.

 

*slammed*

“Boyfriend?!?! Sungmin-ssi!! You should ashamed of yourself!!” the calm lady beside Sungmin was banging the desk in a sudden, making the blonde jerked a little.

 

“Please calm down Mrs. Sunmi.” The principal was trying to soothe her sudden outburst.

 

“Calm down?! He said it like it’s a normal thing to happen!! He didn’t even feel guilty having committed a sin with that dirty relationship!! He is the President of Student Council for God’s sake! He should give a good example, become the pride of this school! Not the other way around! Now tell me how am I supposed to calm down Mr. Jong Hak?!?!” Sunmi said, yelling in anger before added “I can’t believe I almost propose to your father to arrange a marriage between you and my daughter!!” She palmed her crumpled forehead and released her grunted sigh loudly.

 

Lee Sunmi, the mother of Lee Sunkyu, also the parent’s representative member for the School’s Assembly. Once a model, now became owner of a high-reputation clothing line in Cheongdamdong. During his close relationship with Sunkyu, Sungmin had a very good relationship with the beautiful lady. Both of them adored each other. Sungmin loved her gracious and classy features, while Sunmi very much fell for the blonde’s bright charm. Now Sungmin saw her true identity of being narrow-minded and judgmental, the blonde felt like taking back all of his praise he had said for the said woman.

 

Sungmin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself with those words had been said about him.

 

“As much as I agree with you Mrs. Sunmi, but we need to hear Lee Sungmin’s explanation first.” The Principal tried once again.

 

“Hmph! There is nothing to explain! Just take his Presidential position and ground him immediately! He needed time to go to a Psychiatrist and reflect himself!” Disgusted message was very clear in her tone when she shoved her head away, opposite from Sungmin’s position.

 

The blonde clenched his right hand tightly. He was trying his best to hold his urge to argue back, defending himself. A trace of vein was visible on his clenched palm, proving that Sungmin was pissed and angry. First, being gay is not a mental disease, and second, if taking his position as the Student Council’s President was necessary, then the reason must be because of his lack performances in fulfilling the Presidential duties, not because of his joyful time being with Kyuhyun.

 

Principal Kim clasped his own palms on the table and turned his attention to Sungmin before said. “Sungmin-ssi, as you heard, your openly romantic relationship has been discussed quite serious within the Assembly. We think that your relationship with Cho Kyuhyun was a disgrace for the School.” He stopped for few seconds before continued.

“Lee Sungmin, you are our hope, our School’s icon and pride, but this thing… is very unacceptable and disappointing.”

 

Sungmin pulled his lips to smile before replied. “May I Principal Kim?” when the said Principal nodded, Sungmin started his argument. “First of all, I received your message well. And as for explanation, before everyone regarded me as a disease in our School, you needed to know that I only followed the task that the Assembly has been given to me.”

 

Principal Kim made a frown on his forehead, showing his confusion. “Task? The task to make him have a good grade and graduate?”

 

The blonde straightened his seating position. “Indeed. The Assembly asked me to make Cho Kyuhyun graduate this year, so then the School’s rank will escalate again. And I was just following the order.” Sungmin answered with a clear tone.

“To make him graduate this year is not an easy job as you all know what kind of student Cho Kyuhyun is. I need to guide him, assist him, and make sure he follows the right path to achieve the School’s goal. Asking him to become my lover is one of my ways to make him graduate. It was my method.” He narrowed his eyes to the Principal.

“And if you see his improving record now, by means his presence in class, his above average quiz’s marks, and his willingness to participate in the subjects being discussed in class, all I can say is, my method is working out pretty well." The blonde was smiling widely. "I don't know any other way that worked better than this."

 

Lying was a necessary option Sungmin had chosen. Despite the truth of Kyuhyun was actually the one who asked him first to become a couple, Sungmin told them it was his initiative to start the relationship. Cho Kyuhyun’s reputation was already bad enough, and Sungmin wouldn’t want to make it worst. If everyone was against the rebel, then Sungmin wanted to be the last person to hurt Kyuhyun. Therefore, the Assembly and Principal didn’t need to know the truth behind all of the things he felt and experienced.

 

Listening to Sungmin carefully, the other two adults were just sitting in silence. When there was no response from the others, the blonde continued his argument.

 

“It depends on the Assembly to measure which one is more important.” Sungmin stopped for a while, lifting up his left hand a little from the armchair. “Achieving the goal to make Cho Kyuhyun graduate, that also means getting the School’s rank higher. Or…” he lifted up his other hand a little, balancing both arms at the same height as if gesturing two options, before took a glance to a woman on his right “Keeping the School’s saint reputation from a sinful homo Student Council’s President, that basically befouling my own reputation rather than the School’s reputation.”

 

Keeping a polite smile on his face, Sungmin shifted his gaze back to the Principal. “Your call, Sir.”

 

The Principal’s office room went to an absolute silence after that. Both the Principal and Mrs. Sunmi were hesitated to say something first. Kim Jong Hak’s intertwined fingers were in front of his lips now. He was thinking about all things Sungmin had said. On the other hand, Mrs. Sunmi was more relaxed than before as she leaned back her body onto the backrest of her chair.

 

“Alright.” The principal finally said. “I’ll take your words Sungmin-ssi.” He bent down his arms on the table. “I will tell the Assembly about your reason and your plan in general.”

 

Sungmin was silently released his breath that he was unknowingly hold for few seconds.

 

“And since your relationship was made to help Cho Kyuhyun increasing his grades, that means…you’re being in a same gender relationship also ended after he graduated, right?” Principal asked him with his narrowed small eyes, sending the blonde somewhat threat and command words altogether in one sentence.

 

What…

Sungmin was resisting himself to swallow a big gulp in front of the Principal as he was being nervous now.

Ended until Cho Kyuhyun graduated?

Despite his suddenly clenching heart and a painful feeling on his chest, the blonde pulled his hesitant lips to smile. “Of course Principal Kim.”

 

The Principal nodded. "I'm counting on you President Lee Sungmin."

Keeping the serious expression, he added. “You may leave now. I know you need to prepare for a big event in ten days.”

 

Sungmin stood up from his chair. “Yes. Please keep supporting us for the Charity Ball.” The blonde said before turned his body to his right. “See you at the Ball Mrs. Lee.” Sungmin took a few steps away from the two adults. “I’ll excuse myself. Thank you for the discussion Principal Kim, Mrs. Lee.” He bowed before turned around and left the Principal’s working desk.

 

“President Lee Sungmin!”

The shouting call from the principal made the blonde, who was walking towards the door, halted his steps. He turned his body around and heard the Principal’s voice again.

 

“I believe your father hasn’t heard anything regarding this issue?” the Principal asked.

 

Sungmin’s eyes were dilated in surprise by the mention of his father. He gathered his mind and quickly responded “I believe you know the answer Sir.” He bowed once again before turned his body and continued his walk to leave the Principal’s office.

 

*****

 

A handsome blonde boy was releasing his breath from his trembling body as soon as he closed the Principal’s Office waiting lounge door. He was leaning his back on the door as he tried to control his ragged breath. The sound of his breath was the only thing he could hear.

Lee Sungmin was bowing his head down as he closed his eyelids. He let his mind wandering around to think about the event seconds ago. The conversation he just had with the Principal and Mrs. Sunmi made him tired, and stressful. From all the things they discussed, there were two things that occupying his mind and made him uneasy–Principal’s request to end the relationship with Kyuhyun when his Hyung graduated, at that time Sungmin would still have another year as a Senior; and the last thing the Principal said regarding his father.

 

Those made the blonde questioning himself…

Kyu-Hyung… What will happen when you graduated?

Are we going to break up when you no longer need my help to study, and I am forced to clean my image as a respective Student here?

Will you keep your words and still asked me to stay beside you later when you already fulfilled your promise to your Mom and free from School?

Will you be here to protect me while you can do your favorite things in Dukryang after you graduated?

Shall we fight together despite all things around us wanted us to part?

Are we going to be strong enough to receive hate and to go along with that hatred on us?

Will that make us happy?

Drown in his own anxious mind and fears, Sungmin didn’t realize when a long index finger and thumb clamped his chin and pulled it upwards, lifting his bow downed face up.

 

*gasped*

It was not long after that the blonde finally back to his senses as a sudden pair of lips invaded his lips and took his breath away, making him surprise. Sungmin could recognize the familiar shape of the lips on his and its eager movement that already forced his mouth to open. Quite a contrary, the blonde closed his eyes as he opened his mouth, letting a slick tongue entered his cave and battled with his own tongue.

 

Up until now, Sungmin finally knew how to differentiate a hot French kiss from a gentle one. The later was subtle, with a moderate lips movement, and tongue behaved respectively inside their own cave. While a hot French kiss was full of passion when the lips met, pushing each other with a force, tongue inside the partner’s cave, around to add the sensation, saliva mixed and transferred, also, and most importantly, involving the act of nibbling and lips. All of those until a person (or both) ran out of breath. Just exactly like Lee Sungmin experienced right now.

 

Getting the message about Sungmin’s necessity for oxygen, Kyuhyun pulled his lips away slowly from Sungmin’s lips. He mercifully let the blonde to breath, but still resisted to release the blonde’s chin off from his fingers. His other free arm was leaning on the door, beside the blonde’s head. Kyuhyun was making sure that their body stayed in a very close distance.

 

Sungmin was panting hard when he opened his eyes. The blonde was trying to sober his mind from the blown away kiss he just received. While he maintained his breath, his eyes were setting at the person occupying his mind before.

Cho Kyuhyun was right before him. His face was very close, looking so proud with a smug smirk he made.

 

“Be careful Min-ah… Don’t daydreaming. Without you realize, someone might steal a kiss from you.” Kyuhyun said with his husky voice. His smirk was pulled wider.

 

“You’re the only person I knew that would have done such thing like stealing kiss. Do I need to be careful with you?” Sungmin retorted back when he already controlled his breath.

 

Small chuckle came from the rebel’s lips. “Even if you put your entire defense, I will always find a way to steal your kiss.” Without warning, Kyuhyun suddenly peck the blonde’s lips, proving his words about stealing a kiss from the blonde.

 

“You’re unbelievable Kyu-Hyung.” Sungmin shook his head a little, while making an absurd smile.

 

Noticed Sungmin’s smile was a little hollow than usual, Kyuhyun asked about it straight away. “Is there any problem? That Ryeowook kid told me the Principal called you.” Kyuhyun was gazing into the blonde’s eyes.

 

Sungmin stretched his lips to smile. When he was about to answer the other, Kyuhyun expression changed in a sudden. He putted his thumb over Sungmin’s lips, stopping the blonde to say something.

 

“No wait.” The rebel pressed his thumb deeper on the blonde’s plump lips. “You haven’t completely recovered yet. Let’s go back. Story can wait in your place.”

 

Sungmin didn’t know to react other than smiling ear to ear. His Hyung was carefully giving attention to him now, and he couldn’t deny how he enjoyed it very much. Wanting to show his grateful through affection, the blonde opened his lips a little and devoured the older’s thumb. He Kyuhyun’s thumb gently with his tongue. As seconds passed, Sungmin swallowed the thumb deeper, and it harder, pretending that it was his favorite Popsicle.

While enjoying the rebel’s thumb, Sungmin glanced up to meet his Hyung’s eyes. He was quite proud of himself when he saw a dumbfounded Kyuhyun with mouth slightly open. When the rebel swallowed his gulped, hardly, Sungmin couldn’t hold his giggle anymore. He was laughing to see the older’s expression. Well, it seemed Kyuhyun was surprised by the blonde’s blunt, tiny ual, movement.

 

*****

 

“Put me down Hyung!” The blonde protested for the umpteenth time while squirming his body on Kyuhyun’s back. “It’s embarrassing! Everyone was looking at us!” he added.

 

As if he didn’t hear anything, when the blonde moved around on his back, Kyuhyun secured his arms that locked Sungmin’s leg tighter, making sure Sungmin was not slipped and carried on his back, astraddle on the hip of Kyuhyun. “The more you protested, the more they would be looking at you.” Kyuhyun turned his head a little to the back. “Besides…You’re still not healing completely Min…So, just enjoy my back for few minutes, like you enjoyed my thumb before.”

 

Sungmin slapped his Hyung’s right shoulder playfully. “You wish!” he pouted. After few seconds, he finally gave up his protest and let himself being carried by Kyuhyun on his back.

 

“Why are you taking the long route Hyung?” Sungmin suddenly realized they were on the back garden hallway, a further path to go to their YG dormitory. “We should take the main hall then go to the main gate, it’s shorter.”

 

“Why are you protested all the time?” Kyuhyun asked back. “You told me you love the School’s scenery.”

 

“But you’re going to be more exhausted for carrying me!” Sungmin lifted his body a little. His face changed suddenly when an idea crossed his mind. “Don’t tell me you take this route on purpose just for me?”

 

Kyuhyun just chuckled in response. Not minding to answer anything for his blonde President.

 

Why are you doing this Hyung?

Stop treating me so dearly like this!

I might want you to stay with me for a long time!

The blonde released a soft sigh before circled his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck more securely. Kyuhyun’s warm gestures, and his memory of the previous event brought him back to his concerns before. Sungmin was thinking about him and Kyuhyun’s unknown path for their relationship in the future.

Will you fight for me Hyung? And take me away from my father?

He was asking his Hyung mentally. Following his instinct, Sungmin locked his arms around Kyuhyun’s shoulder more tightly, hugging his Hyung from behind, and burried his face on his boyfriend's nape. “Kyu-Hyung…” he whispered.

 

The rebel hummed in response, while turning his head a little to the back.

 

“Please… Don’t you ever let me go…”

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

a/n: Okay, lacking off from a work just to write KyuMin fic because I miss them so much is not good for me. I even googled living room interior for Yeye's dad aka Principal's office room!! So slacking off from work! Anyho, hope you enjoy this one :)