Pull force of The South Pole

Magnet

 

The strength of a given magnet is sometimes given in terms of its pull force its ability to move (push/pull) other objects.

 

 

In accordance with the original site plan, the Royal Sapphire High School was marked as the most ‘sparkled’ than all of education institutions in Royal Sapphire Academy. Among elementary school, junior high, and university, the Royal Sapphire High School was the only one that had an amazing lobby with big fountain, and a very big (semi-outdoor) cafetaria building, complete with a garden. The cafetaria was usually full with students during lunch, not only the high schoolers, but also university students who often spent their lunch there.

 

However, following the unusual scenes at the lobby this morning, unlike any other day, the Cafetaria was barely packed. Few benches were left unoccupied and the food stall a little more spacious than usual. The most crowded area was seatings near the garden, close to a very newly lover having lunch.

 

Another two spoonfull from Sungmin were well-received by Kyuhyun. The dark haired boy couldn’t resist since he was, unfortunately hungry, and the food was unexpectedly fitted well with his apetite. Furthermore, Kyuhyun realized there was another thing that made him swallowed all the feedings from Sungmin. Kyuhyun felt that he was forced to be obedient, especially after Sungmin said about how he wanted Kyuhyun to be healthy. No matter how much Kyuhyun wanted to be violent, the rebel unconsciously adhering to Sungmin.

 

As sweet as it may seem, the little romantic conduct still couldn’t perish a tense atmosphere between the lover. Kyuhyun still stared darkly and fierce towards Sungmin, while the latter still acted carefully when he fed the other. The crowd around their table did not help either to loosened the situation. The heart-warming gesture where the President fed the rebel was pictured very lovely from the crowd’s perspective, covering the real atmosphere shared between the two. Everyone missed the deep suspense the lover’s shared. Few girls were squealing incoherent words, most boys shown disgusted reaction, other girls and boys looked dissapointed or sad, and few other students, most definitely journalistics students, freezed the precious moment with their camera.

 

It was the forth spoon Sungmin give to Kyuhyun when the latter turned his head away, avoiding a delish treatment been offered to him. “I can eat by myself.” He growled, finally showing his rebellious side, that seemed dissapear minutes ago.

 

Sungmin pleasantly surprised. He couldn’t help but stared unbelievably at Kyunyun after hearing the latter's words.

Seriously this guy? You said this to me on the forth spoon?!

Despite voicing out his thoughts, Sungmin calmed himself for a moment before replied with a sweet tone “I’m allowed right? We’re lover afterall... How come you can kiss me in public while I cannot feed you during lunch?” he ended with an amusing smile. His right hand that holding the spoon still hovering in front of Kyuhyun’s lips, insisted to resided in his mouth.

 

Once again, that force, namely Lee Sungmin, destroyed Kyuhyun’s strong wall of rebellion and pride. He leaned a small inch forward to the spoon, hesitated first, before finally engulfed the food been fed.

 

The blonde smiled brightly upon Kyuhyun’s another compliance. He secretly felt happy and relieved that Kyuhyun (finally) ‘listened’ to him, without growling.

 

Only 2 days being with Kyuhyun already made Lee Sungmin physically tired because he needed to be on guard all the time. From what he learned, by researching and direct observing, the rebel could go very impulsive and reactive. That was why Sungmin tried his best to be firm and calm whenever he faced Kyuhyun. Just in case Kyuhyun gone violent or ballistic, Sungmin could think the best way to face him. Nothing could ever go wrong with rationality based on a stable emotion. However, when Sungmin already braced himself to prepare for the worst scenario, the rebel often surprised him with unbelivable reaction.

 

Just like few seconds ago. Sungmin was cautious, his statement could be catagorized as a challenge for Kyuhyun. He wanted to show Kyuhyun that the rebel was not the only one in control. Unexpectedly, when Kyuhyun took his spoon silently without harm, the amusing feeling was gone, rapidly substituted with a comfortable relieved feeling.

 

With more comfortable feeling inside, Sungmin took out a paper from his coat’s pocket and put the paper in an open position on the table. Finished with digesting the food, Kyuhyun took a glance at the paper before gave the President a questioning look.

 

As if reading Kyuhyun’s mind, Sungmin explained “It’s a schedule. Our schedule to study... or just meet up.” He smiled, a little warmer than before.

 

Kyuhyun took the paper and skimming it. His eyes narrowed when he read few sentences at the bottom. “What is CKD and LSD? And why are we seeing each other 5 days a week?”

 

Sungmin smiled brightly, his face shined “Cho Kyuhyun’s Day and Lee Sungmin’s Day. It’s basically a free day. If it’s your day, then we can do whatever you want, if it’s mine, then it’s my call to decide.”

 

Kyuhyun was slightly surprised and gave the other boy a dubious look. Sungmin took it as a signal for him to continue.

 

“And why 5 days? Because we only have 2 months to prepare for 3 subjects. There are a lot of things you need to catch up before the final exam.” Sungmin shrugged. “Well, we have Friday and Sunday free from each other if that’s what you mean.”

 

Kyuhyun smirked in response. “Good. I need that two great days to keep my sanity and health in checked. Being with you disgusted me, you make me sick.” He glared at Sungmin, sending the latter his provokating words.

 

It was not the first time Sungmin heard hated words from the rebel. Although he knew how the other hate his presence, it was still slightly hurt for Sungmin to hear such words directly addressed to him.

 

Facing an open hatred from someone was a new experience and uncomfortable for Lee Sungmin. As a boy with so much talent and excellency, Sungmin grew up with a lot of good care from other people. Everyone that adored him, always gladly volunteer themselves to make him happy. Coupled with Sungmin's humble, heart warming personality and wealthy family background, it was very hard not to love him. His features or physical appeareance, that define cute, pristine, handsome, sometimes beautiful, even y, made him more loved by others.

 

Of course Sungmin realized not everyone loved him in this world full of judgment. There were few people who hated him and always tried to make his life miserable. But it was never this bluntly and strong as he felt with Kyuhyun that could make him shivered or nervous in an instant. Even with Jongwoon, one who proclaimed himself as Sungmin’s rival and always found a way to humiliate him, Sungmin never felt this insecure before.

 

Lee Sungmin hated conflict. He was a healer type of person who love peace and would seek for a win-win solution to pleased everyone. To reveal Cho Kyuhyun's hatred towards him made him uneasy. And his agony relationship with Cho Kyuhyun, somehow, in a way, made the President sad.

 

Sungmin was taken a back for a moment. Despite his dejected feeling, he forced himself to make a firm face “It’s funny how you feel that way. I wonder why it didn’t make sense, especially after this morning, when you kissed me?” He braced himself to look into Kyuhyun’s dark eyes. “Or do you have something in mind by making our set-up relationship obvious to the public?”

 

Kyuhyun released a sneer chuckled before he leaned forward to Sungmin, he placed his arms on the table and his eyes never left Sungmin’s in the process. Using his lower pitch, Kyuhyun whispered “You’re not as 'blonde' as I thought... baby. It seems you’re pretty smart to realize that.”

 

Kyuhyun lifted his right arm, he reached for Sungmin’s cheek. Sungmin was startled when Kyuhyun’s caressed his left cheek slowly with his fingers. “How do you like being a gay added into your perfect life, huh? How do you like being judged bad as my lover?” He smirked, feeling glorious.

 

Sungmin could feel the sudden nervousness in his body, replacing his former comfortable feeling. He closed his eyes for a moment to collect himself.

So, I’m right after all... You just wanted to mess with me.

Sungmin was already suspicious with Kyuhyun’s request to be his lover from the beginning. This morning scene increased his presumption even more. If there was something harm Kyuhyun would do to him, screwing his life by ruining his reputation was the first step. And such fact made Sungmin dissapointed.

 

When Sungmin was calmed enough, he opened his eyes to look at Kyuhyun “My life is imperfect already, and I, personally don’t care being judged.” Sungmin’s eyes were sharp like a fox, his eyebrows were narrowed, his tone was firm and his face was stern.

 

It was the first time Kyuhyun saw this side of his President. If he planned to get Sungmin’s nerve and made him pissed off, he scored perfectly. Automatically, Kyuhyun retreated his hand from Sungmin’s cheek.

 

“Well, at least you come clean to me, implying what happened this morning was just a show... I appreciate that.” Sungmin slightly shrugged. Keeping the serious expression, the blonde President opened his right palm, gesturing Kyuhyun to hand in something “Give me your phone.” He requested.

 

Kyuhyun knew he was being ordered by someone else, which usually would bring his anger out, but he clearly oblivious to the fact that he reflexively tucked out his phone from his pocket and gave it to the other.

 

Sungmin typed something on Kyuhyun’s phone as soon as he received it from the latter. He stored his own number and called it from Kyuhyun’s phone. “Our session starts tonight at 07.00 pm, I’ll text you my dorm number.” After he made sure his phone buzzed, he ended his call. He gave the phone back to Kyuhyun. “It will be at my place for temporary. If you have a better suggestion about the place, we can discussed it tonight.”

 

Sungmin was cleaning his table and stood up. The blonde President took his tray away. “The break almost over. I should go back to class.”

 

Before Sungmin could make his first step, Kyuhyun stood up abruptly and holded his left arms, making the President stop and glance at him. “Let me take you to class.”

 

Sungmin shook his head slightly and smiled. “It’s okay. I need to make a stop at the President’s office. Thank you for your kindly offer... Kyu-hyung.” Sungmin scoffed and dragged his feet to walk away, left the standing-still Kyuhyun on the spot.

 

Kyu hyung......

The moment Kyuhyun realized what the President had just called him, was surprising for him. Not because of the word he heard from Sungmin, which he didn’t find insulting, or disgusting, but mostly he realized that he didn't mad being called like that. Unexpectedly, he thought it was nice to hear, and surprisingly, he kind of liked it.

 

*****

 

It was dark.

It was silent.

And he was alone.

Sungmin couldn’t see anything.

It was very dark it scared him.

Have someone buried him alive?

Sungmin was scared with his wild thought.

By instinct, he stood up and started to run.

Sungmin needed a light, he scared of this dark.

He scared of this loneliness.

He had enough with this silence and wanted to scream.

He was terrified when he found out that he couldn’t voiced out anything.

He was muted.

He could only run.

Faster, and faster.

As if he could run away from this scary place.

As if he could find a light ahead.

He could feel his tears dropped, in silence.

He was scared.

He was powerless.

When he runned out of breath, he stopped.

“Miiinn~~”

He felt goosebumps all over his body with the sudden voice.

He frightened.

“Miiinn~~”

He realized something when he heard the voice for the second time.

The voice definitely belonged to a boy.

His curiosity killed his fear as he turned his head and saw a little boy.

“Miiinn~~ This is for you.” The boy offered him a blue bracelet, made by several strings.

“I made it myself, you know...” The boy grinned proudly to him.

“I made it so you can always remember about me Min.”

Sungmin received the bracelet from the small hand.

“Look, I have the same bracelet.” The boy showed him his right wrist that wrapped with a same bracelet. “So, whenever you are in danger, I can come to save you... Because our strings attached.” The boy grinned merrily.

Sungmin wanted to say something, he needed to say something.

But he was muted, he couldn’t find his voice.

It felt like something absorbed his voice.

And the boy slowly disappeared.

He screamed out a silent scream.

He was alone again.

And he was scared again.

 

 

Sungmin abruptly opened his eyes. He was sweating, and he was panting. The sight of his room’s ceiling was identified when he finally took control of his breath. Few seconds later, he cried in pain as a sudden invinsible blow striked his head.

 

*****

 

“It’s about time you called. How are you President?”

 

Sungmin giggled with the greeting he heard from the other line. “Hyung... I’m good. How are you?” Although he forced himself to sound cheerful, his flat tone proved the opposite.

 

There was a brief paused moment before Sungmin heard another voice from his phone.

 

“Hmph... No, you’re not... You’re too young to trick me Lee Sungmin. Do you want me to come over? We can have a session.”

 

Sungmin noted that next time, he shouldn’t even try pretending. His Hyung always knew and found out the truth. “Don’t said it like that. You make it like a professional care.” Sungmin pouted, gestures that only reserved for his closest people. He only shown this side of him to people that he found very reliable and comfortable with. And the person on the other line, was one of it.

 

“Hahaha... I bet you’re pouting right now... And by the way, for your information, I am professionally hired by your father.”

 

“Yeah, like you ever treat me professionally.” Sungmin quipped.

 

“Hey! what’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“It means... You always treat me like a family, rather than professionally.” Sungmin smiled. He laid himself comfortably on his couch. The soft fabric of his couch welcomed his back, making him relaxed. His right hand glued the phone on his ear. “Hyung... Come to my place on Sunday? I want to discuss something.”

 

“You didn’t need to ask that, you know I always come when you needed me.”

 

Sungmin laughed a little. “True...” He released a small sighed before added “I miss you Hyung...”

 

“I’ll come over tonight then.”

 

“No, it’s okay. Sunday is perfect. I have a lot of works to do anyway... I just want to let you know that.” He smiled.

 

“Kangin will definitely be jealous to hear that.”

 

“Is he there?” Sungmin suddenly felt excited. He heard a beep from the other line. He assumed he was put on a speaker.

 

“How come you miss him instead of me while I'm the one who truly taking care of you?”

 

“Hi Kangin Hyung!” Sungmin greeted when he heard another voice from the other line, clearly ignored the other's protest. “How are you?”

 

“Not to mention I’m the one who usually do the dirty jobs.”

 

Realize how he dissapointed the man called Kangin, Sungmin laughed and replied “Come on, you guys come in a package. If I said something to one of you, then it applied for both of you. That’s the basic rule right?”

 

“Haha... You just getting smart to find excuses.”

 

“I learned it from the best.” Sungmin proudly answered.

 

“And who that the best crown goes to?”

 

“The special person with a name called Leeteuk.” Sungmin giggled amusingly.

 

“Hey! I heard that.”

 

The former voice Sungmin had conversation with was suddenly heard again. “Well, it’s a compliment Hyung!” Sungmin added. “Anyway, both of you will be here on Sunday right?”

 

“Of course. Let’s have a barbeque at your place.”

 

“Sounds great! Cannot wait Hyung.” Sungmin’s excitement was cleared in his voice.

 

“Good. Now go to sleep, it’s late already.”

 

“Okay, thank you Leeteuk Hyung. Good night.”

 

“Good night Sungmin.”

 

 

After the last words of goodbye from his hyung, Sungmin put his phone away from his ear. He sprawled his hand, let it hanging on the edge of the couch and lazily released his grip over the phone. He let his phone falled down into the mattress which followed by a soft thumped sound. He felt very tired and exhausted.

 

The fact that he didn’t have to be with Kyuhyun for the past 2 days was, somehow, beneficial to Sungmin who happened to have a very busy Student Council’s activities. After their first lunch date, Kyuhyun was suddenly disappeared, nowhere to be found. Let alone Kyuhyun’s sessions with Sungmin, the rebel didn’t even attend his class. And Sungmin couldn’t reach him by phone either. The bright sides of this condition were, Sungmin could have more time to rest and he could save his energy which he spent a lot when he was with Kyuhyun.

 

When Sungmin was about to shut his eyes close, a loud knocked was heard from his door, making him alerted in a second.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

The sound of the knock sent a message to Sungmin that he needed to open the door in a rush. The blonde didn’t feel annoyed or disturbed, he felt concerned. His guest probably in an emergency situation. And he wasted no time to make his way towards his entrance door.

 

What he revealed behind his door was beyond Sungmin’s expectation. He was shocked to see Cho Kyuhyun. And he was terrified to see his condition. He found Cho Kyuhyun, trying his best to stand up, face worned out with few open wounds, and he holded his stomach with his right hand, covered with blood.

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n : Leeteuk and Kangin is in da house! Whoosaaahh! *dance around with a duck and a bear*

Hahaha... I make no sense and killed the tense moment rite?

Anyway, as usual... Hope this one enjoyable! ^^