South Pole and North Pole: Feelings

Magnet

 

“What?” Lee Sungmin, President of Student’s Council, glanced up from his papers and set his eyes on a brown haired boy accross his working table, who sat firmly on a chair, legs piled up one with another.

 

The said boy shrugged. “That’s exactly my question for the past 4 days.” His eyes narrowed, completely judging the other.

 

Small chuckled was heard from the blonde. “Okay... What sin did I commit this time?” He putted his pen down, and clasped his hands on the table formally, giving the other all of his attention.

 

“Let’s start with Monday morning at the lobby shall we?” Ryeowook folded his arms, and smiled, in an intimading way.

 

The blonde breathed out a small sigh before started “Look, Wookie, first of all, I didn’t intend to hide something from you. I swe-”

 

“Oh no, you weren’t intended.” Ryeowook shook off a little, cutting Sungmin who was trying to explain. “you did hide it, not intended it.” He said with a clear tone that was sharply cynical, just like Ryeowook always been when he was pissed off.

 

Sungmin gulped slowly, he felt like committing a crime now. His bestfriend was feeling betrayed because of him. “Is there-”

 

“What are you doing Sungmin?” Ryeowook cutted Sungmin’s words again, ignoring what the blonde was going to say.

 

“-anything...” Sungmin trailed off, feeling confuse.

 

“It was supposed to be a set up relationship wasn’t it?” the smaller boy’s glared eyes were daggered to Sungmin. “Then there’s a kiss involved... After that you went to his place, not to mention alone, in Dukryang. Now suddenly you defended him publicly...” he addressed ‘somewhat’ a question while still giving the blonde an uptight expression.

 

“I didn’t defend him, I stood for myself from Jongwoon.” Sungmin reasoned in a calm tone.

 

“But you were telling people it’s okay to be with him, how wonderful it was...” Ryeowook gritted his teeth while his expression changed, less irritated than before.

 

Knowing Ryeowook for several years, Sungmin noticed how the smaller boy in front of him was looking slightly trembled. Despite his critics and his judging face, Sungmin saw a glimpse of concern from his best friend.

 

The blonde raised his body to stand, and walked closer to his Secretary. Sungmin leaned his bottom on the edge of a table, sitting lightly. “Wookie, I’ll be fine...” he took the other’s hand and held it, as if to confirm his words.

 

Ryeowook shifted to his right and looked up, giving close attention to the President. “I’m not telling you right or wrong. I just want to remind you about all of these would lead to... and consequences that followed after.” He bowed down. “I heard many people talking bad about you recently, many people asking about your insanity, many people dissapointed and judging you as they like. I’m.... I’m worried Sungmin.” The small boy leaned closer to Sungmin, he gripped the blonde’s hand tighter while glancing up once again. “Is it all worth it?”

 

For the second time, Sungmin swallowed, this time, slower than before, as if there was a big lump stucked in his throat.

Is it all worth it?

A question that he also asked to himself.

What am I doing...

He repeated Ryeowook’s question in his head.

Will I be satisfied to fulfill my ego if I succeed? Am I going to be perfectly perfect?

Sungmin’s mind just wouldn’t stop.

What happened to me and Cho Kyuhyun then?

He was in turmoil.

 

“It hurted me to hear their harsh words about you.” In Sungmin’s silence, Ryeowook continued. “Sungmin... I just want you to be happy.” He sighed.

 

Happy?

The blonde closed his eyes. Without permission, Cho Kyuhyun suddenly emerged in Sungmin’s head and, as usual, even in his own imagination, the rebel was smirking.

 

A force from his brain couldn’t resist his mouth to release a small laugh. “Will I freak you out if I said, yes, I am happy now...” he was smiling, his head bowed slightly, as if to hide something on his face from Ryeowook. Or maybe he was shy to look at the other.

 

“Oh God...” Ryeowook gasped as he shook his head slowly. “You really like him...” his eyes were fully dillated in surprise, mouth slightly agaped.

 

Odd.

It was the first word came into the blonde’s head when he heard Ryeowook saying it. Sungmin knew, it’s only about time he admitted how he felt about the rebel. But, he had no idea that it would be very, unexpectedly, foreign for his ears once it had been said clearly.

 

It was oddly enough since this is the first time Sungmin had taken interest towards a male. It was odd because this is his first experience to have these kind of confusing feeling even though it was set up at the first time. And it was undeniably odd when he changed his perspective towards the male in a very short time.

 

The tense was still present at times, his irritation mostly there all the time, however, comparing to first time Sungmin met Kyuhyun, there was also a comfortable feeling right now. Something had changed, but at the same time, never changed. The thing that never changed was the strong feeling he had for the rebel. The tricky question is what kind of feeling was that? For Sungmin, his strong feeling was a kind of hostile at first. Then, it led to his strong comfortable feeling which wasn’t there before, and that was exactly a change in his life, not to mention definitely a first time.

 

Before Sungmin’s mind went further, a click of a door was heard to reveal uninvited guess. In a quick response, the two boys in the room were turning their attention to the door. They had different reactions. The blonde eyes were lifted slightly, showing a little surprise, while the brown haired had a frown full of suspicion on his face.

 

“Hi Lee.” The guess greeted meerily, ignoring the sudden cold stare from Ryeowook. “Long time no see.” He smiled cheekily, showing his teeth and gums in the process.

 

“Hello there another Lee.” Sungmin returned the smile. “How may I help you Hyukjae?”

 

*****

 

“You’re not going to be here in the weekend?”

 

“Missed me much Zhoumi?” Kyuhyun was mumbling on his phone, cigarette hanging loosely between his lips. “Why? Haven’t got wild for a while?” he chuckled.

 

“Oh, talk to the hands. Have you gotten laid yourself? I bet you still haven’t ripped that holes of the cute blondie.”

 

Sneer laughed was heard from his phone and it sparked Kyuhyun. “Shut up!” He snapped, making his cigarette collapsed to the floor. “Mind your own business! And don’t get him involved with your dirty words.”

 

“Whoa... Relax grumpy boy. Finally a ually frustated feeling gotten you huh?”

 

A louder mocking laugh from Zhoumi got Kyuhyun more irritated this time. “Yeah, yeah, that. Just wait when I send you a pic of your boy toy with me.”

 

Those words made Zhoumi’s laugh trailed off. He cleared his throat before replied.

 

“You did what?!!”

 

Kyuhyun burst out laughing. “Look who’s grumpy now.”

 

“Oh, you Cho!”

 

“I was joking... Man, you really like that rich squishy boy don’t you?” Kyuhyun laughed once again, more behaved than before.

 

“Okay, let’s not touch each other’s boy toy, shall we?”

 

“Sungmin is not my boy toy. Don’t put him at the same level like your boy!” Kyuhyun warned.

 

“Whatever... Anyway, back to business. Boss was looking for you.”

 

Kyuhyun just wrinkled in response, showing a distaste expression while letting Zhoumi to continue.

 

“He needed you for poker night on Saturday. We got special guess from Shanghai and Japan.”

 

“What happened with Kibum?”

 

“Apparently... He got sick. Boss sent him to Jeju for treatment.”

 

“... That lucky bastard. Boss really likes him, huh?”

 

“Anyway, I said my words. Gotta go now. Customer’s waiting.”

 

“Don’t fantasize about me when you got an ugly duckling.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“Ohh~ you make me , I want you so bad Kyuhyun.”

 

“Gross.” Not waiting any second, Kyuhyun switched off his phone, cutting the other’s mocking tease. He putted it back into his pocket and breathed out a heavy sigh.

... Why now...

He cursed.

 

*****

 

“I want to make a deal with you.” Lee Hyukjae, Senior class, was the head of Media Publishing Club in Royal Sapphire High School. Being a son of Lee Kang Hun, the President of Seoul Broadcasting System, Lee Hyukjae inherited his father’s ability in media network’s world.

 

As a journalist, his articles always absorbed attentions and always been awaited all the time. As a columnist, his writing had won several prizes. As a reporter, his juicy cover in school’s magazine always made a controversy. Lee Hyukjae not only gave you opinions, perspectives or predictions, he also gave you proves. That was why his informations are reliable. He held a strong influence in school as almost all students trusted everything he wrote. However, mischievous as he always been, Lee Hyukjae loved using his influence to mess around with people he found interesting. And Lee Sungmin just had to be in the second spot of his ‘interesting people’s list, after Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” Sungmin said jokingly while smiling towards his guess.

 

Lee Hyukjae shrugged. “Depends how you see it.” He smiled and continued. “I want to expose you and your boyfriend in every School’s media for a whole month.”

 

Ryeowook, who sat beside the journalist’s student, turned his head in a snap and protested to him. “What?!”

 

"Elaborate." Despite his surprise, Sungmin could maintain a calm tone to Hyukjae.

 

“Simple. You got a cover for our magazine every week, interviewed for our radio broadcast and permanent stories in our school daily report.” The journalist said non-chalantly.

 

Lee Hyukjae’s request was dangerous and out of expectation. Even without unnecessary help from the media, Sungmin and Kyuhyun already became the center of attention in School. And exposing themselves would only added more trouble into their life. It was most likely a big rejection for that offer. Nonetheless, the blonde could sense something behind the proposal, something fishy definitely hidden inside. The way Lee Hyukjae offered him with such confidence, intrigued him. “Why do you think I will agree with that?” Sungmin narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

 

Without answering the blonde, Hyukjae pulled out a big envelope and thrown the contained inside onto the table. Widely amount of photos of the ‘it’ couple kissing and doing intimate skinships were messily scattered on Sungmin’s working desk.

 

Hyukjae pulled his lips into a smirk when he saw Sungmin’s surprised face after the blonde took a glance of it. “You have a choice Lee... Exposing yourself peacefully, of course by receiving my proposal. Or... Through a big scandal with these photos going publicly...” He said proudly, a big trademark grin decorated his face. “I believe you are aware of my writing skill in making a controversial issue right?”

 

Yes, the whole school knew how good Lee Hyukjae is when it comes to controversial gossips. If it came to spicy gossips or informations, Hyukjae always had three B’s in his mind – bold, blunt and brave. Bold in his choice of words such as cheating, screwing, loser, useless, corrupt, freak, and others. Bluntly made it into the headline of School’s magazine. And of course brave enough to reported high profiles figures such as the School’s Principal and Teachers. One of his controversial gossip’s article was about their classic literature teacher, Shim Changmin, whose wife reportedly had an affair with one of the well-known student, goes by the name... Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin was confused. He didn’t know what to choose, or to answer for that matter. Does he really have a choice? It seemed all of the options are bad for him. “I guess I didn’t have a choice, do I?” he asked, not really sure about it.

 

“That’s why I said, it depends how you see it.” Hyukjae kept his wide smile and continued. “Think about it Lee. And let me know in a week from now as the latest.” The journalist stood up from his chair and turned around towards the door, going to leave the President’s room.

 

“What are you trying to do? Is someone asked you to do this?” Sungmin’s question halted Hyukjae from taking his steps.

 

“If you had that freak Jongwoon, or any other people in mind, then you were wrong.” Hyukjae tilted his head over his shoulder a little. “I’m not that low to give my talent for other’s benefit.” He smirked. “Let’s just say... I am obsessed with both of you.” He closed his remark and took his leave from the room.

 

Sungmin raised his right hand only to rub his forehead gently. He massaged himself a little, giving a credit for his head because today his brain had too much to think. Heavy sigh was breathed out of his lips when he heard a 'shrieked high pitched' voice coming from his bestfriend.

 

“You bastard! How many times did you guys actually kiss?!” When Sungmin glanced up, Ryeowook was flipping through all the photos. “Oh, I’m keeping this...” he reserved a photo onto his lap.

 

“What...” Sungmin was dumbfounded.

 

“This angle is also hot! Ohh Sungmin... I didn’t know you had skill for this.” He added several photos onto his lap. “You wanton boy! I’m so keeping this...”

 

“Shiitt... Give me those!!” Already alarmed, the blonde reached out his hand to the pile of photos in Ryeowook’s hands.

 

Ryeowook dodged back, saving his possesions, while saying “I’ll definitely brag these to your Hyungs.” He grinned in excitement.

 

*****

 

It was an orange afternoon at the dorm, and the rebel was leaning against a balconies rail. He took a cigarette from his pocket and litted a lighter for it.

 

~I don’t like a smell of cigarette in the fresh morning~

 

A sudden reminiscence of someone’s voice stopped him from going further. In spite inhaling his cigarette, Kyuhyun took a can of beer and gulped it, trying to ease his mind that wouldn’t stop to think about someone.

Kyuhyun didn’t know how to stop his mind thinking about Lee Sungmin. Went back to the first time they met, he already felt something different radiated from the blonde. How Lee Sungmin had a very strong impression through his glance was unexplainable for Kyuhyun.

In time, along with their interaction, an invinsible force from the blonde always pulled Kyuhyun to his numb state, and it was unavoidable not to escape from Sungmin. When Kyuhyun’s body tried so hard to resist Sungmin, his soul called out to him. And he was helpless. He was powerless when Sungmin pulled him. He gave in when Sungmin reached out to him.

 

... Why this is so hard...

Kyuhyun thought how different his life with Sungmin. Spending his time with the blonde was like living in another different world. At first, he thought the blonde was a threat, since he radiated a very opposite things from him. He didn’t like it, even worse, he hated it. However, little by little, he learned to appreciate Sungmin’s life, and it turned out...comforting for him. It was peaceful and it calmed him a bit. Much to a contrary with how he lived his life in Dukryang, which always in alarmed, hard, rough and full of manipulative things. Even if he already loved the dark life, Kyuhyun also had interest in the new life that introduced by Sungmin.

 

~Boss was looking for you~

 

He recalled Zhoumi's words. Kyuhyun needed to go back to Dukryang. His boss needed him for a poker game, or else he would get in trouble. But how come it felt so hard to leave? How come he was willing to make history notes, or to read biology books than to play a card? How come he didn't want to leave now?

 

! What happened to me...

Kyuhyun asked himself while letting out a heavy breath. Just when he raised his hand to have another gulped of his beer, he felt a pair of warm hands wrapping his chest from behind.

 

“You’re here already...” the voice was mumbled on his back.

 

Although it sounded unclear, Kyuhyun could hear it very well. “Min...”

 

“I thought you went back to Dukryang...”

 

Kyuhyun could feel his body being tied securely by the other’s arms. Soft breath was detected on his right shoulder as Sungmin leaned his face onto it. And the rebel got tense suddenly. His heart started to beat rapidly.

 

“Yesterday I said I’ll be here when you got back right?” Kyuhyun putted back his beer on the table, only to let both of his free hands covered the other’s. He tried to ignore his nervousness by sliding down their covered hands onto his stomach.

 

Sungmin released a small smile. “I know. It’s just a sudden feeling that I had.” He snuggled forward, not letting any space available between their bodies.

 

Yeah, you do have a strong feeling on me...

“What happened Min...” The rebel asked, his voice quivered a little. “Why-”

 

Before Kyuhyun could finish, Sungmin already answered. “Just-Just stay like this for a while...” Sungmin demanded, which was unlikely to be true. He buried his face deeper into the other’s right shoulder.

 

Without giving any confirmation as such, the rebel replied with laying back his head onto the blonde’s left shoulder. Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were leaning and depending on each other, as it was the most natural thing in the universe.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Does anybody see the Mahalo photobook? Ohhhh our Kyumin is the best!! My feels... Love theeemm! Anyway, hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. If you don't, well maybe seeing the Mahalo photobook can make you feel better. Oh, yes, I'm happy~

ps. I'll have a tremendous workload before Christmas' break, so I hope everyone is patiently enough to wait for updates, I'll try my best tho.