Spin off of the South Pole: Myself, in Your Eyes

Magnet

Magnet side story

 

Title: Myself, in Your Eyes

Pairing: Kyuhyun & Sungmin

Genre: Romance, fluffy

Rating: PG-13

Timeline: Post chapter 48 and pre-chapter 49

Author's note: Hi everyone! Geez, it's been too long, I'm sorry for delaying to update this fic. I wrote this short sidestory just for a reference before I continue the next chapter. Hope you enjoy ^^

 

One fine day, the blonde President reflected his decision on living together with the rebel.

A glimpse of Lee Sungmin’s thought that lead him to plan a perfect holiday getaway for his boyfriend

 


 

 

 

“Let’s live together until you graduate.”

 

I remembered.

It was unprecedented.

Impulsive as it’s sounds, at that time, I did thinking it clearly when I proposed the idea.

 

What can I say?

 

We were so attached to each other during the Dukryang’s event, so occupied with each other’s need, so relying on one another, so crazy being a lover, so drunk in love. The insecurity, the jealousy, the prejudice, the losing trust, the fear, the rivalry, the hurt, the tears, and the hope, everything increased the volume of our connection. I had never been so hopeless and dependent to someone before.

 

His presence was relaxing it made me comfortable at doing nothing, one thing I never let myself allow, or forgive. He specifically valued me neither as the President of Student Council, nor as the rich guy from the wealthiest family, nor as the highest rank student, nor as the perfect-looking face everybody talked about; it was never those things, he appreciated my too-kind-loving care, my blunt and fair judgment, my hardworking personality.

 

If someone asked the reason why I had this kind of thought, I would respond, he hated me first, and started to feel the loving-attraction second when I helped him with his injuries. That night, we shared our first kiss that opened up a new sensation. Gradually, little by little, my boiling heart cooled down to something breezy like a changing season from hot summer to cool autumn.

 

I was flustered while he was confused. None of us could predict what was coming next.

 

Just like that, we fell into a series of exploring each other’s complication. Seeing the differences as an attraction, we started to enjoy each other’s presence. We tried several ‘first’ together. With him, I had my first piggy-back at school, a public kiss in a Student’s meeting, skipping class, making love, ELF dance, phone , and many things I never imagined. With me, he had his first real study, jogging around school, ELF dance, charity ball, exposed publicity, making love, and many things.

 

We were not always in a dreamy-happy-go-lucky kind of couple, in fact we argued everyday on every little thing. Fights were inevitable for us who have a different way of thinking. Our needs were not the same too, because both of us have different situation.

 

Examples?

Oh, I have many.

 

 

“Kyu-hyung, your shoes.”

 

“Huh? What’s with it?”

 

“It’s all over the places.”

 

“No, it’s not. They’re just there, in front of the door.”

 

“Yes, and it’s messy. Someone might trip all over.”

 

“Psh, then I will laugh at that idiot.”

 

Was it easy?

No. It hasn’t been easy until today.

 

“………Hyung…”

 

“What?”

 

“…………”

 

“The shoes are fine, Min.”

 

“They’re scattered around, Hyung.”

 

“Nope. They’re pretty neat.”

 

“Sigh… Can you please put those inside the rack shoes?”

 

“Why? I wanna wear it later.”

 

“Why?! It’s messy!”

 

“No, it’s not, neat-freak.”

 

 “I am NOT. It’s just dangerous to be there.”

 

“How come few pair of shoes kills you??”

 

Was it hurt?

Yeah, yet we outsmarted the pain.

 

“Wh-what?? Oh, why do I even bother to bring this up…”

 

“I’ll wear them later, just chill.”

 

“Whatever, I’m going to put them inside the rack.”

 

Was it enjoyable?

I wouldn’t say so.

 

“Alright, alright… Geez…

Hm, tell you what, I’ll put the shoes in the rack, we’ll have a bath together?”

 

“B-bath??!”

 

“Damn right, Min.”

 

“I just took one.”

 

“So?”

 

“B-but…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“…Umm…Do I have a choice?”

 

“Did I give you any ing choice?”

 

“…No.”

 

Nevertheless, it was worth it.

And I would never regret anything with him.

 

 “Then?”

 

“……Please put the shoes properly and take care of me.”

 

“Your wish is my command, prince Sungmin.”

 

“You’re lucky that I love you.”

 

“I know, rite? Bless me.”

 

 

I think that my idea on living together was pretty bold and deliberate. I was searching the meaning of living together with a partner, which in my humble thought are such big words for a couple. Not only I must compromise his logic, personality and needs, I also ought to accept his daily life habit.

 

Thing as simple as waking hour, I was an early riser, while he was not a morning person…

To describe, my morning will pretty much go like this…

 

 

“Min…”

 

I felt a hand snaking around my waist at the same time I was about to rise from bed. “don’t go…” his hoarse voice told.

 

I smile helplessly. “I have a meeting at seven, Hyung.”

 

I could feel him snuggling closer behind my back, closing the distance between our bodies. His left leg was locking my thigh before he said. “ it. What an idiot to set a meeting at 7 on Saturday.”

 

His nose scraped my back skin thoroughly. I could feel the air coming out from his nostrils, ghosting my back.

 

Oh, the way he breathed me from behind was very nice.

 

His invitation to snuggle-in was very tempting, I almost said yes. “Thank you. I’ll take that as compliment.” I chuckled while trying to unbuckle his leg.

 

He buried his face deeper on my back. “Stay…” His tone was begging desperately.

 

“Hyuung…” I sighed.

 

“Stay.” He murmured again, final.

 

Then, he opened his lips to nibble my skin softly, applying it with love. “Keep me warm, hmmm…?”

 

His gentle voice…made me speechless.

 

It’s good that he couldn’t see my blossoming face at the moment, or he would see something embarrassing. I didn’t want him to see how flustered I was being this intimate and spoiled to him. I didn’t want him to see me this weak. I didn’t want him to see how strong his gravity pulling me over.

 

“I would love too…” I replied him. “B-but!” I thumped right away as something tickled on my back.

He started to my skin. His wet tongue was moving vertically, taking a taste of my raw back.

 

“You’re so sweet.” He flirted. “I never get enough of you.” His hands were moving from my waist to my bare chest.

 

Ah, this guy. How could I say no with him being like this??

 

He pulled me close to his embrace and whispered in my left ear. “I’m hungry for you.”

 

God, please gave me strength to control my thumping heart. I couldn’t keep it calm.

 

“Hy-hyung…” I turned my face on the pillow, hiding my red blushing face.

 

I’m truly hopeless. We’ve been through a lot of things, maybe the time we spent together is not considered that ‘long’, but our journey took pretty much a couple of years energy. What’s more? Kyu-Hyung and I have been intimate and affectionate before. Our experience is vary and exciting. So, how come I was still embarrassed with this kind of affection? I’m such a weakling toward him.

 

He rubbed around my flat chest. “Huh, what’s this?” His right hand stopped at my heart. “You’re nervous?”

 

Oh, crap! I guessed he found out about my thumping heartbeat.

 

“How cute…” His deep-bed voice was ily arousing. “Aren’t you a little bit too late for this, hmm?”

 

I buried my face deeper on the pillow. “Shut up.” I mumbled. “A-and let me go…”

 

“Not in a million years!” He suddenly mounted me, trapping my thighs with his legs and topped his face on my left cheek. For the second time, he inhaled me again. “How can I let you go if you are being ing adorable, Miin-ah?” Then, his lips landed on my cheek shortly.

 

No way… I guess… I said goodbye to morning meeting with the Council, and let Wookie to be in charge again.

 

He whispered something into my ear that made me turn my head around and locked our lips together. Our lips stacked together, I got his bottom lips, it gently.

 

“That’s my line.” I paused to reply his whisper.

 

“You’re like a magnet, I can’t help drawing into you.”

 

Yes, he said that.

And I think it’s geekly romantic.

 

 

That was pretty much describing my new morning routine that has been changed since he stayed at my dorm. Then again, I think, lust and love were not enough to do a ‘living together’, a feeling of security is required amidst all important things.

 

Why? Well, of course my life would be different if I shared it with someone else. Thing is, there will be no ‘my interest’ anymore, it becomes ‘our interest’. Just imagine, his face will always be the first thing that I see when I wake up, and the last thing I see before I sleep.

 

As if it’s not enough, he will know all of me, including my flaws and fear. Sharing secrets, especially the one that makes you vulnerable, to let someone know something very personal about me that they can use to control my mind, if it’s not freaking scary then I don’t know what it is. In my case, being left behind, being ignored or being left alone were definitely making me crazy. Like that one time when I found myself woke up alone without any trail of his trance.

 

 

“Hyung…” My hand searched for his warmth body beside me. I found nothing than a cold mattress. It was empty. He was not beside me. With a slow movement, I forced my body to get up.

 

“Hyung?” My voice echoed through the thin air inside the bedroom. My eyes were looking around. Untouched sofa, neat wardrobe, empty bedside tables, closed door, this stillness and peaceful state inside the room were horrifying.

 

*click*

The sound of my digital clock surprised me.

 

“Kyu-Hyung?”

 

Silence replied me.

 

I pushed myself out of the bed, taking the sheet around my waist to cover my . My feet walked towards the bathroom, eagerly checking his whereabouts even though I knew there was no one in the bathroom.

 

“Kyu-hyung?” I opened the door, hoping to find him.

 

It was empty. I knew there was no one inside, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

 

I turned around and scanned the room once again.

 

I had no reason to be panicked, indeed.

Why should I?

There was nothing wrong with empty side tables that usually had his phone, wallet, and keys slopping around. It was normal to see an empty floor without disheveled clothes laying everywhere in the morning.

I should know everything was, if better, fine. Yet, my body betrayed me, it buried down my logic. I was nervous at that time.

 

I rushed outside the bedroom, opening the door harshly along the way.

 

“HYUNG?!”

 

The tidy room, the organized furniture, the bright kitchen, the opened blinds, the neat chairs and sofas, this peaceful state was surprisingly suffocating without him around.

 

 “HYUNG??!”

 

Where is he?

 

I swept the whole room in a glance. Everything was disturbingly calm!

 

“Kyu…”

 

Did you left?

 

I walked towards the living room table while keeping a hope to find notes from him.

 

Nope, there was nothing except the rice straws decoration and box of chocolates. My mind told me to check out the kitchen/dining table. Maybe the notes were there. I moved towards the said furniture. No. Still, nothing.

 

Not even a note?! Why is this jerk left like that? Are you even alright??

 

“Min…?”

 

The voice surprised me.

 

“You’re awake.” His voice came from behind, then I heard the sound of a closed door. “I met Wookie downstairs when I took out the trash.”

 

Trash? Ah, I am an idiot.

 

“He bluntly told me not to give you a bad influence and threatened to make my life suffer if I did something ugly to you.” He chuckled jokingly before he ridiculed Wookie’s statement with a laugh.

 

He was outside to take out the trash.

 

His laugh felt like directed to me. His mockery seemed to fit my condition too.

 

“Hey, why are you so quiet?” His presence destroyed my personal space as he grabbed my left arm and swayed my body around.

 

Oh!

His face was in my vision now. His eyes imitated a crystal, shiny and reflecting. From his wrinkling eyebrows, he must have been serious and careful at the same time.

 

“Min…” His eyes softened, still crystal clear as ever. “What happened…?”

 

Then, I realized, his eyes reflected me. I saw myself in you. The more I knew you, the more I recognized myself.

 

My right cheek felt warm as he held it with his hand. “You’re about to cry…”

 

I couldn’t help surrendering myself to you.

I took his hand and navigated myself into his embrace. Putting his other hand on my waist, I mumbled on his shirt. “I thought you left.”

 

He chuckled before he said nonchalantly. “The second idiot I met this morning.” Opposite from his not-so-friendly reply, his hand was actually caressing my hair gently.

 

I locked my wrist around his waist, inhaling him.

 

“You look y with the sheet, President.”

 

I couldn’t suppress my chuckle. This guy…

 

“Even better without it.” His hand that was on my waist pulled the fabric off my skin and let it loose to the floor.

 

I moved my hands from his waist and circled it around his neck. His sensual touch was roaming around my body as I tiptoed to find his lips.

 

 

His presence became a part of my life. Everything that I plan and decide there was always Cho Kyuhyun to consider. He was a part of me, taking a portion in every plan and participating in my future. That was the essence of ‘living together’ for me.

 

*buzz buzz buzz*

Ah, my phone buzzes and I see Leeteuk’s Hyung name on it. I swap the screen to answer.

 

“Hyung. Yes. I have a favor, Hyung… I want you to help me…”

 

 

*****