Vector Field: Charity Ball 1

Magnet

The magnetic flux density (also called magnetic field) is a vector field that at a given point in space is specified by two properties - direction and magnitude.

 

 

 

Mr. Santa…

Min have been a good boy this year.

This Christmas

Min only have a simple wish.

Min want to meet Min’s Mommy.

Min want to have a dinner with her.

Min also want to have a dance with her and kiss her cheek before Min go to sleep.

So please, please, pleaseee Mr. Santa…

Just for a day…

Pick her up from Heaven and let Min meet her…

- Lee Sungmin, 6 years old, Christmas Eve -

 

 

Eleven years later, the same old boy who made that unfulfilled wish, opened his eyes as he sobered himself from the bitter memory that still left somewhere in his brain. It’s surfacing automatically, invading his head after few years it had been buried down. The blonde assumed, the memory came back probably because of the Committee Set List. He knew about the dance session with the Mother, hell, it’s even his idea to begin with. But Sungmin never predicted it would make him remember his past when the idea was written clearly on the Set List. As the Student Council’s President, he would encourage all Students to have dance with their Mother, and he would witness the heart-warming sight of the family in front of his eyes.

 

Didn’t want to let his emotion took control, Sungmin inhaled a deep breath and let it out slowly from his lips. The shimmering pair of his eyes was looking at his own reflection in the mirror.

What he sees was a dapper boy, wearing Brooks Brothers one button Madison white Suit with a black colored outline on the lapel and each pockets, red bow tie wrapped around the collar. His signature soft platinum blonde hair was styled with side bangs.

Lee Sungmin was feeling contented with his neat look as he made a confident smile in front of the mirror.

 

“President, we’re ready.” a soft voice suddenly emerged from behind the door before the speaker revealed himself.

 

The blonde turned his body around to face a brown haired boy with the same colored attire and a neck tie. On the right chest area of his white blazer, a small platinum name plate with a tiny blue sapphire stone on middle top made his appearance differs from any regular student. The small name plate was carved with ‘Secretary’ on it.

 

“Do we really need to wear it?” the blonde President asked, referring to another name plate written ‘President’ that the former held in his hand.

 

Ryeowook was approaching the blonde’s standing position when he asked “Why? You don’t like it?”

A very small pout formed on Sungmin’s lips when Ryeowook continued. “You don’t proud with your title?” He stood in front of his President and tried to put the name plate on the other’s suit, right chest area.

 

“It’s not like that…” The blonde released a small sigh. “But I kind of feel a gap with the other Students when I wear it.”

 

Ryeowook made a little smile in response. “There’s no such thing as a gap. Well, you’re Student Council’s President after all. It is quite exclusive from regular Students.” He brushed Sungmin’s blazer a little around the plate’s area when he finished pinning it.

“You just don’t like being in a spotlight.” The Secretary added. His tone and face somehow seemed broken.

 

The blonde only responded with a soft smile.

 

“Sungmin…” The petite Secretary glanced up to look at his President. After considering few things, Ryeowook decided to speak out his mind. “I don’t get it… Why are you planning the secret event’s gathering?” Confusion was written all over Ryeowook’s face.

 

Pulling his lips wider, Sungmin smiled to Ryeowook. “Aren’t you happy to see your Mom? Mrs. Kim is coming right?” Not answering the question, the blonde asked back.

 

Ryeowook nodded before replied. “Of course…”

 

“Good. So probably does everyone else.” Keeping his smile, Sungmin added. “That’s enough reasons for me.”

 

“How about you then?!” without warning, Ryeowook protested.

“Isn’t this mother-child gathering thing will make you remember your Mother and miss her even more?!” his tone suddenly sounded a little higher. “And, and… When everyone is dancing with their Mother, who is going to dance with you?!!”

 

Wookie…

Rather than feeling melancholic or reacted with the same emotion, his best friend’s outburst was actually making Sungmin comfortable. Behind those high pitched voices, Ryeowook’s words were full of concerns. And it made him wondering, how come his best friend could sense his slight grief that came up because of the Christmas Eve’s memory before?

Sungmin lifted both of his hands to grab the smaller boy’s shoulders. “Wookie… I’ll be fine…” With a soft gaze and smile, the blonde tried to assure the other.

“Leeteuk Hyung and Kangin Hyung will come… And you know that, for me, they can compete with any kind of motherly love in this world…” Sungmin shrugged casually before continued. “I can dance with them.”

 

Keeping his frowned face, Ryeowook replied. “I still don’t get it…” He shook his head a little, showing confusion. “Why you proposed this kind of idea about motherly love if it could make you remember about sad things?!”

 

“Wookie…” Sungmin was trailed off with his own words.

 

What’s the point of proving the fact to other people that you never know about your mother Sungmin??!

Ryeowook kept the question to himself. He was hesitated to ask straight away even though his confusion about Sungmin’s decision–regarding the surprise event–was still left unanswered.

The Secretary finally changed the topic with another question. “Is your father coming?”

 

The blonde shook his head. “This kind of event is not important to him. Leeteuk Hyung told me that he’s still in Indonesia to expand his business chain.”

 

Ryeowook only responded with a short “Oh.”

 

“As long as his money come in for our event, I guess his presence wouldn’t important anymore right?” The blonde cracked in a small laugh.

 

Sungmin might laugh, but oddly enough, in Ryeowook’s ears, the sound of his laugh was wincing.

 

Sungmin released his Secretary from his grip. “Let’s go Wookie… The others are waiting for the final meeting.” He started to walk towards the door.

The brown haired boy forced a simple smile with his lips before following the blonde out of the room towards the Main Ballroom.

 

*****

 

Living up to the name and the fame, Royal Sapphire Academy owns three elegantly-decorated buildings that can be used for exhibition, convention or another important event. The classiest, also the biggest, is the Main Ballroom, located in the middle between two other smaller buildings–left wing ballroom and right wing ballroom.

 

Main Ballroom could accommodate hundreds of people for standing and seating party, even could hold several areas for ball dance and stage. The Ballroom itself was decorated with beautiful crystal chandeliers, surrounded by curtains and small balconies, also big pillars as cornerstones of high expensive-looking golden ceiling. The founders of Royal Sapphire Academy were optimizing their effort to make the Main Ballroom appeared royal as today. They claimed the Main Ballroom was one of the Academy’s prides because it was going to be a place for important occasions. One of it was Charity Ball. Other than Charity Ball, the Main Ballroom was usually used for new Students Welcoming Ceremony, Prom Night and Graduation.

 

Among others, Charity Ball was crowned as the most prestigious event in Royal Sapphire High School. It was appreciated very highly because Charity Ball is an event where all important figures in Korea were invited. Their attendance was utmost importance not only for charity purposes, but also for School’s potential incomes. A lot of School’s donors and investors became interested to lend or invest their money after they present in the Charity Ball. Put in the business terms, Charity Ball was one of a tool for School’s promotion.

 

Similar to the School’s purposes, as for Students, Charity Ball became an event to look for potential relations of future careers. Many Students got (early) hired, scholarship or promoted by the important people present in Charity Ball. In example was Lee Sunkyu, who met Korean musical theater producer in last year’s Charity Ball and got hired by the said Producer to play as main actress in his musical drama. Through Charity Ball, Royal Sapphire got personal profit income and benefits as well as done a good deed for social charity. Therefore, the event must be conducted flawlessly to endorse the pride of the School.

 

The clock was fifteen minutes going towards six in the afternoon when Main Ballroom was ready to welcome guests for Charity Ball event. Following the concept, tonight, the Main Ballroom had been decorated with a lot of beautiful white lilies. According to the committee, white lilies–which also picked as the dress code–was representing the motherly ‘unconditional-love’ theme.

 

Members of the Charity Ball Committee were standing in circle on the dance hall area in front of the stage. They were having a last briefing before they would be in charge for several places.

 

“Ok guys, since we’re complete, I’ll repeat our assigned tasks and places now.” The blonde President who led the meeting started. “Donghae-ssi, Wooyoung-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi, and Juri-ssi, all of you will be in charge in the right wing ballroom to welcome the mothers.”

 

“Yes. We got all lists and confirmations with us. We had contacted Securities at Royal Sapphire main gate and informed them that all guests with pink ribbon invitation will be directed to use the back road to go to the right wing ballroom. We will be welcoming all the mothers at the ballroom’s entrance.” A boy with leaned figure and black hair answered with a smile. Spectacles and white tuxedo that he wore made his looks adorable and dork at the same time.

 

“How about Securities in hangar? Have you contacted them?” Sungmin asked him with a smile. He couldn’t help to return the gesture for the other.

 

Petite girl beside the former boy stepped forward and answered. “Also done. We provide cars for all Mothers and guests who used air transportation, so, securities there will contact the drivers as soon as helicopters or private jet landed.”

 

When Sungmin nodded in reply, another boy added again. “Name plate and the program book for the mothers, light delicacies, champagne and water also already arranged in the right wing ballroom. At 20.00, we’ll be moving to the front of main ballroom entrance.”

 

“Perfect. Thank you Wooyoung-ssi.” Sungmin responded with a proud face before added. “And remembered guys, even though it’s written in small note inside their invitation, you guys need to remind all the mothers for not telling their kid that they’re here.” The four members in charge nodded in reply.

 

“Okay. Now, in here. Jonghyun-ssi, Yuri-ssi, Junsu-ssi, Sora-noona, four of you will welcoming the guests and giving the pin for those who isn’t students. Hyerim-ssi, Sunye-noona and Dara-ssi will be the usher for VIP guests. Ryeowook will in charge for caterings and stages controller. Minho-ssi and Minwoo-Hyung will be the one who in charge for the risk management. And I will be the quality control of the whole process.” Sungmin glanced up and swept all of the committee members with his eyesight. He saw all of them have two different expressions while nodding their head in reply. Beside himself, only one or two of the members looked cheered up in excitement, while the rest seemed serious and nervous. The blonde even saw Donghae gulped a little.

 

*clap*

Sungmin clapped his hand in a sudden as he made a bright smile on his face. “Come on guys! Look around this ballroom.” Responding to Sungmin, all of the committee members were glancing around the ballroom, question mark was written on their faces with the request proposed by the blonde.

“This is your event! All of you already made this ballroom beautiful like these. So why not putting another amazing thing to mesmerize our guests tonight?” Sungmin said, making all committee members turned their attention back to him.

“Your mother will be here, we will meet a lot of great people, we will enjoy our evening with music, and most importantly…we will have a blast after-party when this ball is finished. So… I guess, there is no reason for all of you to have such a serious face.” The blonde pulled his lips to make a wide grin before continued.

“You guys should ashamed of yourself… These white lilies would go into waste in making a bright ballroom if all of you still pulled those gloomy faces.” Sungmin pulled down his lips and wrinkled his forehead, making a grimace expression before mixes of soft laughter were heard from all the committee members.

After all those serial meetings they had, only this time the committee members saw the blonde with an ugly face. They were making a foolish smile and looking at each other, realizing that, they actually had a hopelessly awkward leader. In few seconds, the ballroom had turned into a livelier place.

 

*****

 

 

18.30 pm

Designer’s dresses and gowns, clean cut expensive suits, sparkling diamond jewelries, all of it were filling the Main Ballroom of Royal Sapphire. Thirty minutes since the Main Ballroom had opened, guests started to flow in and the ballroom turned into a first class festivity.

 

Several important figures like politicians, businessmen and bankers already checked in present. They came with their own plus one, either their spouses, or rumored lovers. As a good host, Royal Sapphire’s Principal, Kim Jonghak, already walked around the main ballroom, welcoming all the guests with his beloved son on his side, Kim Jongwoon. The father and son were engaging light conversation to almost all important figures at the ball.

Meanwhile, quite far from them, Lee Sungmin was standing near the entrance door with eyes screening all the ballroom areas. His big doe eyes were glistened as some light reflected inside his iris. Lips couldn’t stop to form a simple warm smile available for all people to see. It was the right position for him to stand as all guests would turn into a good mood every time they saw Sungmin not far from the entrance. And Sungmin, feeling excited and all, never hesitate to say ‘hello’ or ‘good evening’ to the entire guest, including students or his friends.

 

For Lee Sungmin, the ballroom’s sight present in front of his eyes was satisfying, even more, it was a pride to brag. He knew how his friends put a lot of energy to make all of this happened tonight. The Ballroom was grand with all sparkling decoration, white lilies were all around the places making all spots worth to make beautiful pictures, and all guests with their own expensive attire from head to toe, wrap the place into a complete luxury.

 

The blonde was playing with his mind as he was wandering, if all guests already inside the ballroom, how exact won was correct to appraise all stuffs inside the ball room. When he was busy with his weird thought, Sungmin was not realized that someone with white lace vintage dress was already standing in front of him.

 

“Sungmin-ssi…” a cute girly voice greetings made the blonde glanced over his head towards the speaker.

 

When he saw the figure in front of him, the blonde’s lips were pulled wider to the sides, making a smile, before answered. “It wasn’t a mistake when I said you are gorgeous in white.” Acting like a gentleman, he took the girl’s right hand and bent his head lower before he kissed her back palm that covered with satin white gloves. “Good evening Sunkyu-ssi.”

 

“The ball is amazingly beautiful. I’m so proud of you President!” Full of excitements, Sunkyu praised Sungmin directly.

 

The blonde was making a small smile before replied. “The one who should receive your credit is the committee members. They had done a great job in making all of this.”

 

“Which part of it is difficult to say thank you and accept the compliment from a beautiful lady, Lee?” Their conversation was interrupted by a sudden voice.

“If you don’t want it, just let me receive all your credits then.” Skinny figure male in white tuxedo and trouser was suddenly appeared behind Sunkyu. His gummy smile was decorated on his face when Sungmin set his eyes on him.

 

Before Sungmin could say something in reply, the new comer continued. “Rather than wasting your time to praise this taken boy with scary boyfriend.” He was pointing out his thumb to the blonde. “How about you praised and cheered me for my performance later?”

 

Sunkyu was wrinkling her eyebrows, showing her confused expression by the other’s request. “Hyukjae oppa, you’re going to perform..?” with a shock, she asked unbelievably.

 

The boy being questioned took both of Sunkyu’s hand. “Yes. And I, will make all the girls, including you, swoon with my charming performance.” He kissed both of her back palms together.

 

A very loud chuckle was heard from the blonde as he couldn’t stand his amusement with the journalist’s flirty behavior.

 

“Something wrong Lee?” Hyukjae asked in a flat tone, he was side-glancing his eyes towards Sungmin.

 

In a sudden response, the blonde cleared his throat few times before lifting both of his hands in surrender and shaking his head few times.

 

“Of course I supported you Oppa.” Sunkyu said, her tone sounded cheerful.

 

Still holding the girl’s hands, Hyukjae grinned foolishly, showing his famous gummy smile once again. “Great. Now, I need to ask you a favor.”

 

Sunkyu only blinked in reply when Hyukjae decided to continue. “Let us talk over there.” Hyukjae was pointing at specific spot beside the stage that already full with a lot of female students.

 

Sunkyu was turning her head towards Sungmin before looking back at Hyukjae once again. Her expression was helplessly in worry.

 

“Just let this pathetic President greeted all of the guests while waiting in hope for his Kyu-Hyung to come, who I believed, won’t happen.” Hyukjae was looping Sunkyu’s right hand around his left elbow before dragged the surrendered-looking girl along with him.

 

Guessing what kind of favor Hyukjae would ask Sunkyu and the other girls, Sungmin only shook his head, feeling sorry for the girls. Haven’t recovered from his previous thought, suddenly, the blonde felt a heavy arm circled around his shoulder from the side. Next thing he knew, with a strong force, he was pulled into a hug.

 

“I can’t believe you have grown up into such a charming gentleman Min.” a bulky man said while hugging the blonde more tightly.

 

The blonde was smiling in response while lifted both of his hands and wrapped it around the other’s big body, he was returning a same gesture.

 

“Kangin… Behave…” Another voice in warning tone was suddenly following after. “And let go of him. Min needs to breathe.”

 

The blonde was grinning in reply to the speaker while the big guy resisted letting go of his grip. “Wait for few minutes Teuk. I need to do this.”

 

“Hy-Hyung…” Sungmin choked a little when he felt the embrace got tighter again.

 

“Let go of Min, Kangin! You want to choke him to death?!” Leeteuk protested as he tried to release Sungmin from his bodyguard.

 

“Don’t you feel proud of him Teuk? He has grown into a handsome man... And I want to keep him all the time.” Ignoring the Psychiatrist, Kangin shoved Leeteuk’s hands that tried to separate his hold of Sungmin.

 

“Youngwoon… Stop the drama...” Leeteuk was sending a glare towards the big guy before added. “As much as I want to agree with you, but you need to remember that we are in public, our Min is somehow famous, and everybody is judging us with their looks right now.” He inquired with a heavy warning tone.

 

Realized his real name was being called, Kangin finally surrendered to let the blonde off from his arms. After being released, Leeteuk was grabbing the blonde’s shoulders and turned him around gently to have a clear view of Sungmin’s face. “Are you okay Min?” the Psychiatrist fixed the blonde’s suit and hair that got crumpled a little due to Kangin’s tight hold.

 

Not five seconds passed, Sungmin was grabbing his Hyung’s hand on his crown before said. “Hyung… I turned 18 in a month. Come on, stop treating me like a little boy.”

 

Leeteuk was startled for a moment before he finally retreated his hand back. “I know…” He smiled before continued. “I’m sorry…”

 

Sungmin chuckled a little before replied. “No, it wasn’t anybody’s fault Hyung. I just feel that, both of you like to spoil me all the time…” he glanced to both of Kangin and Leeteuk. “And I couldn’t imagine if someday I lived far away from the two of you. It must be hard to get used to…”

 

After Sungmin said it, Kangin was alerted in a sudden. He drew his eyebrows to the middle and crumpled his forehead in a sudden perks before asking “Why do you need to live far away from us?! Is that Brat asking you to run away with him?? Are you planning to go from this country and live together somewhere else?!” mix of hatred and suspicious tone was heard along with Kangin’s accusing words.

 

“Okaayy… You’re being dramatic.” Leeteuk interrupted. The auburn haired man was grabbing Kangin’s collar when the big guy was trying to hold Sungmin once again. “Let’s have some drinks and put some sense into your head.” Stopping the bodyguard to become more violent with his delusional thought, Leeteuk dragged the other by his arm, away from the blonde towards the bar area.

 

Sungmin was mouthing ‘thank you’ to his Psychiatrist and received a wink as reply before he saw their images perished slowly into the crowd.

 

*****

 

18.55 pm

Lee Sungmin fished his cellphone out from his trouser. For the umpteenth times since this afternoon, he was checking his cellphone again, looking intently at the screen with a silent hope that it would give something for him. Either message or voice mail, anything was fine, as long as it came from someone who promise to haunt him every day. A harsh guy who had say unbelievable cheesy words that he would be the one Sungmin saw first and last time every single day.

 

Where are you Hyung?

In the past 5 days, the blonde had lived his life for Charity Ball. He was forced to go out a lot for the said event’s affairs. And whenever he stayed at School, it was either meeting, paper works, checking places or rehearsing. Sungmin knew it well that it would be hard for someone to keep up with his tight schedule.

 

You’re being unfair Hyung…

It had been 3 days in a row Sungmin haven’t met his lover, only through phone calls and exchanging messages they did to communicate with each other. Three same classes they had were also finished for the midterm period, leaving all students with midterm exams in a week after Charity Ball.

 

You’re the one who said those things…

The last time he saw his Hyung was on Tuesday, when Sungmin was checking all club’s preparation to perform. The rebel was there, silently watching him from far outside the room. During the break, without warning, or saying anything, Kyuhyun took his steps towards the blonde and grabbed him by the hand. The rebel dragged him to flee away together from the scene towards Sungmin’s dorm, leaving Ryeowook in charge for the rest of the rehearsal. On their journey to YG dormitory, Sungmin was trying to release himself from his boyfriend’s grip while protesting to go back for the rehearsal.

 

When I’m not asking for anything…

After he got replied with an intense stare from Kyuhyun’s dark eyes, Sungmin was calming down his rants gradually. He went into a complete silence when the rebel trailed his lips with his long fingers, in a slow pace. And the blonde regret nothing when Kyuhyun’s thumb was inside his mouth, parting the lips apart, before inserting his tongue through a French kiss. They had five minutes making out before got interrupted by Sungmin’s Hyung, through the phone call, asking the blonde about Charity Ball. Kyuhyun's curse was the only thing Sungmin heard before the rebel gave him a sweet open mouthed peck on the forehead as a good night kiss.

 

When you already become a part of me…

Today, not a single trace of Cho Kyuhyun that Sungmin managed to find. The blonde was left in question and wonder about the other’s well-being. And it made him empty. Sungmin admitted, he was longing for his boyfriend presence. He missed his Kyu-Hyung.

 

“-iin…”

 

You left me here…

 

“Sungmin!”

A sudden high pitch voice was successfully made the blonde woke up from his flying thought. Sungmin glanced away to the person who called his name and found his best friend there.

“We’re starting, it’s your turn to open the Charity Ball.” Ryeowook was making a gentle smile when he gave a microphone to the blonde.

 

Accepting the said tool, Sungmin nodded a little before made his firm steps towards the stage.

 

*****

 

19.00 pm

A handsome blonde boy with his neat-looking white suit was standing at the center of the stage to give a welcoming remarks for all the guests already presented in the main ballroom. Not only based on his charms alone, Sungmin got all the people’s attention right away after background music played and narrator’s voice spoken throughout the room, indicating the event was finally starting.

“It is a well-known fact that Royal Sapphire School’s Charity Ball is the most prestigious event in the academic industry of this country. However, it’s a new discovery we will revealed soon that, this year’s Charity Ball, will become one of the best event you won’t ever forget. Ladies and Gentlemen… Welcome to the 5th Royal Sapphire Charity Ball…” mass sounds of claps were filling throughout the air and every corner of the ballroom. It was echoed for several good seconds before the boy at the stage who was sweeping his eye-sight for all the guests in front of him, continued his speech.

“Thank you for slotting a time in between your tight schedule to come to this event. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lee Sungmin, President of Student Council in Royal Sapphire High School.” The blonde eyes were still scanning at the crowd in front of him when he glanced up a little, allowing himself to look into more far behind the audience, at the corner back of the ballroom.

 

*thumped*

His heart was suddenly beating in a fast tempo when his eyes captured a familiar gesture standing at the corner back of the room. He knew that body too well when it was leaned on the wall with hands folded on his chest. He recognized that smirking lips very much as it became a common thing to see on the other’s face. He was absolutely assured to whom those dark eyes were belonged when he felt absorbed inside through its gaze.

He found him.

Lee Sungmin could finally see Cho Kyuhyun again.

 

The ballroom went into a long enough silence before few whispers came from the audience. Everyone was realized something was not right with the person at the stage right now. Even so, still, no words came out from Sungmin who was only standing with paralyzed looking position.

 

“Psst!! Sungmin!!” a loud whisper came from the left side stage’s direction. Behind the curtain, Ryeowook was trying to resuscitate the blonde from his soulless state. “Lee Sungmin!!!”

 

*gasped*

The whisper coming from a side stage was quite loud to catch in Sungmin’s ears, as he suddenly regained his sense back. The blonde was taking a short deep breath before he continued his speech. “I apologize for the long silence break since I got mesmerized by all the sight in front of me.” Sungmin said with a gentle apologetic smile. He was just being honest, maybe he exaggerated it a little, but the blonde was definitely not lying when he truly impressed by his Hyung's figure.

“Taking a theme about motherly love, tonights Charity Ball is definitely differs from any other Ball the School had ever arranged… Without further ado, let us welcome our Principal of Royal Sapphire High School to give his key note speech. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Kim Jonghak, the Principal of Royal Sapphire High School.” The sound of clapped hands was breaking the room into a loud noise once again, accompanying the Principal who was walking slowly towards the stage.

 

*****

 

19.30 pm @ Right Wing Ballroom

“Good evening.” Donghae greeted the upcoming guest in front of the registration desk with a gentle smile.

 

“Good evening. Sorry, I’m late, my plus one caught my time to something.” A lady wearing a white sparkling stones dress and small white pearls necklace spoke with a slightly worried face.

 

For a moment, Donghae was out of words. He was charmed by the beautiful lady who had her black hair styled in a perfect glamorous up do, in front of him. “No problem at all. And don’t worry, you are not late. Mrs…?” he asked while holding the guest list in his hand. His smile got wider than before.

 

“Cho. Cho Hanna, I’m Cho Kyuhyun's Mom.” The lady took her invitation out and offered it to Donghae.

 

Donghae was frozen in his spot. His eyes were bulging in shock, watching the lady in silence.

 

Mrs. Cho pulled his red colored lips to smile when he saw the boy in front of her agaped in silence. “Excuse me… Are we finished? May I come in?” 

 

Pulling himself together in a snap, Donghae quickly replied. “A-ahh… I’m sorry Mrs. Cho. Of course you may.” He took out a small name plate written ‘Cho Kyuhyun’ from the desk and showed it to Mrs. Cho. “Excuse me, can I put this on your dress? All the mothers are wearing this small name plate of their children’s name.”

 

Mrs. Cho shrugged a little. “Of course.” She walked closer to Donghae, allowing the boy to put the name plate on her dress. “There is no way I can resist your request, right sweet heart?” She smiled and winked.

 

*****

 

19.30 pm @ Main Ballroom

It’s only thirty minutes after the Ball was officially started and everything was already hectic for Lee Sungmin. He was busy with tasks that came one after the other, endlessly and non-stop. If he was not on the stage, Ryeowook would come to him and asked several questions. Or, someone would call him through the wireless earphone set that all committee members had to communicate with each other. It seemed Sungmin was not allowed to have a moment for himself, let alone looking for his lover who already left his spot as soon as the Principal started his speech.

 

In fifteen minutes, the main event would start. Two movies would be presented. One is about HIV positive mother who still worked hard to make a living for her family despite her severe illness. And the other is a story of war victim mother who was forced to witness all her family members got killed in front of her after being .

 

Sungmin bit his bottom lips, feeling a little bit nervous at the thought of his upcoming presentation and introduction to the VIP guests, even though he got a report that all mothers were almost present at the right wing ballroom.

 

Journalistic club already gathered at the stage, ready to perform what they named, not to mention Hyukjae bragged about all the time, ‘Swing Rhythm’ performance in few seconds. It was then Sungmin decided to leave his spot and walk for a toilet break.

 

A lot of people greeted him throughout his journey to the toilet, making the blonde walked almost with bowing head all the time. It’s until he was inside the toilet the blonde could finally loosen up a little since there was not many people, only one person at the urinals area and two occupied toilet stalls.

 

Sungmin took a slow pace to the sink area, located at the corner end of the toilet room after few toilet stalls. When he was walking through the toilet stalls, a door from one of the occupied stall was suddenly opened, and Sungmin felt a hand grabbed his arm before pulled him roughly inside the stall.

 

Few rattling and messy sounds were echoed throughout the room, shocking the other two people inside the toilet. After pulled inside, the door was closed again and the blonde was being shoved with his back on the stall door by his attacker. Not even had a chance to protest, Sungmin’s lips already covered by a palm hand.

 

“Boo!” a soft whisper was heard near the blonde’s ear.

 

Sungmin’s shining doe eyes were bulged out in shock when he recognized the person in front of him. And his heart started to thump in escalating tempo.

 

“Looking for a company, President?” the soft mumbled voice continued to whisper on his ear.

 

In result of his pounding heartbeat inside, Sungmin could feel that his breathing started to work in irregular manner. “Hyu-”

 

“Ssshh…” Kyuhyun suddenly whispered, stopping a sudden voice and movement made by the blonde with his body. He was shutting the younger’s lips with his palm and trapping the blonde into more secured position. “They might hear you…” Sungmin could feel another ticklish sensation on his ear, coming from the rebel’s breathing voice.

 

“You look gorgeous in white, Min-ah…” using his low tone voice, Kyuhyun continued to whisper on the other’s ear. “Your suit is also very slim-fit on your body…” The rebel used his other free hand to reach the blonde’s waist area before move it slowly onto the blonde’s lower back. “Trying to seduce someone with it?” he palmed one of the younger’s -cheek.

 

*gasped*

The blonde was squirming in response, he was showing his protest and trying to get out from his lover’s grip.

 

“Sshhhh…” Kyuhyun whispered while pushed his palm deeper on Sungmin’s lips, his body also moved forward onto the blonde to prevent his movement. “You will make a scene with that noisy sound…” he continued his whispers. “Let’s stay low shall we…” the rebel finished his sentence with a smirk before squeezing the blonde’s harder.

 

*gasped*

The blonde could feel an electrifying sensation by the other’s touch. His body temperature started to get hot in mere seconds, especially when Kyuhyun started to his earlobe with his thick warm tongue repeatedly.

Sungmin was shivering as his breath ragged in a fast tempo. He was helpless, and hopeless when he needed to endure his moan inside.

 

Few voices and walking steps coming from two people were heard outside Sungmin’s stall before a closed door sound echoed inside the toilet. The blonde figured that the other two toilet occupants were already out.

“President, you must stay in position now.”

Ryeowook’s voice suddenly came from his wireless radio earphone.

 

Not letting any gap available between their bodies, at this close proximity, Kyuhyun could also hear the Secretary’s voice.

 

“It’s too early. You still have 8 minutes.” Kyuhyun release Sungmin’s lips from his palm. “Stay.” He said before shutting the other’s lips once again, this time, using his own lips.

 

“Lee Sungmin!! I saw you entering the toilet after that Cho boyfriend of yours!! Come here right now, or else I will remove you from my best friend zone!!”

 

Hearing Ryeowook’s high pitched ranting voice scolded him, the blonde couldn’t hold himself to burst a small chuckle, even when he was in the middle of connecting his lips together with his lover. Sungmin pulled out from the kiss gently.

 

“It seemed tonight is not your night Mr. Cho.” Sungmin moved his right hand to his back, reaching for the lock’s door behind his body. “Better luck next time.” He said before opened the stall’s door and took steps backwards, out from the stall.

Before the blonde rushed out from the toilet, leaving the rebel in his frozen position, he turned his body around and bit his bottom lips a little. “You look y in black Hyung.”

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: God, finally, this is looonggg and haaarddd, but I enjoyed it regardless.  Btw, during the Charity Ball chapters, I changed the poster to the set list, so it's easier for all of you to track down each event. Many people already asking me about the scene,  hihihi... you dirty readers, fyi, they're getting there, don't worry ;)
The main event is coming...  Ohhh I'm excited!! Hope you enjoy this one and don't forget to swiiiiiiinggg (never never give up!!).