North Pole and South Pole: Tell Me

Magnet

 

Cho Kyuhyun had million reasons to hate this goddamn-nothing-but-wasting-money holiday. Would be it the luxurious services that made him suffocated; the involvement of many people that made him annoyed; the best friend, or classmate, or whatever Sungmin labelled him; the stupid-stay-away-from-me rules created solely by Sungmin; the accumulation of those things was enough reason to leave this huge villa and went back to the small dorm, the one with his name writing on the door, his petite-messy cubicle he could afford, not the grand dormitory belongs to the one and only President of the Student Council.

Nevertheless, he stayed.

Nevertheless, his feeling told him to stay.

Cho Kyhuyun stayed because he had one reason.

Sungmin.

It’s him. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

As if his decision to stay was being supported, the odd was not in his favor when fate bought a guy named Choi Siwon to his-supposed-to-be-enjoyable holiday. Another ing-unbelievable perfect guy other than Sungmin added one more reason for him to stamp his feet on the ground of the huge villa. Kyuhyun didn’t know whether he should be happy or angry about it. One thing for sure, the rebel didn’t like the new guy. No, not even the slightest. Hell, what was there to like?

 

“ing !” He cursed. The words slipped out of control from his lips.

To whom his words directed?

He wasn’t sure. Maybe he cursed because he was stuck, or maybe he damned his own fate since he didn’t have an option except to stay, maybe he took pity of his physical condition like his face or his body that was not as good as the new guy, or maybe he wanted to curse this new guy who was riding a horse like a ing prince from some kind of fairytale. Then again, he wasn’t sure. He just felt like to curse.

 

The—what was that again? Infamous, yeah–cousin, who happened to be freaking handsome with a face he had often seen on Hollywood movies or high-end fashion magazines, not to mention the masculine athletic body, expensive-kind of appearance, had been in Kyuhyun’s target since he made himself present. His grand entrance was too dramatically full-of- and the way he shook Kyuhyun’s hand while tapping his arm during introduction was too ing irritating. Then again, Kyuhyun accepted the handshake from the new guy.

 

“Hi, there. I’m Siwon.” Siwon charmed himself with a smile for introduction. “You’re Ming’s friend? Nice to meet you, man.” He patted Kyuhyun’s forearm fondly. “Welcome to our villa.”

 

Ming?!---My .

Kyuhyun wanted to puke at him.

 

“Kyuhyun.” The rebel gritted his teeth together, resisting his mouth to utter any kind of words that would definitely make Sungmin angry.

 

And what’s with welcome to our villa? Weren’t you just arrived?

“Min’s roommate.” He stressed the nickname he preserved for his boyfriend. His eyes were glaring sharply toward the handsome guy.

 

 “Roommate?” Siwon blinked in confusion. As alumni, he knew such thing would be impossible in Royal Sapphire’s dormitory regulation.

 

“We like to study together, and when we do, Kyu-Hyung likes to spend the night.” Sungmin interrupted with a smile, causing the rebel to turn his gaze on him.

 

Psh! Of course you need to clarify.

“Yes, and Min let me sleep on his bed.” Kyuhyun said without a shame. He knew he’s being childish, and he didn’t care. He simply wanted everyone knows how close he is with Sungmin.

 

“That sounds like you, Ming.” To Kyuhyun’s disappointment, Siwon was not provoked. He didn’t even realize that Kyuhyun just showed off.

 

The innocent guy suddenly scooped the blonde’s waist with his strong arm. “Kind enough to let someone sleep with him.” The taller guy stole a peck onto the blonde’s crown. “I miss you, my pillow.” He leaned down to land the kiss on the blonde’s cheek when the latter was shoving his head away, obviously avoiding the attempt.

 

“Stop it, you make me look cheap.” Sungmin moved the toned arm away off him, earning him a light chuckle from the handsome model.

 

Being stubborn since he was born, Siwon inched closer to Sungmin’s face and ducked his lips together, muttering a broken love declaration “I wove hyou.”

 

With a light chuckle, the blonde used his right palm to cover Siwon’s eager lips. “Wonnie-Hyung, cut it out.” He warned without harm, only small grin appeared on his face.

 

“Can’t be helped. Your skin is my weakness.” He catch Sungmin’s wrist and breathed in the palm covering his lips.

 

“Hyung!” Sungmin jerked in a sudden. “Don’t me!” A protest escaped the blonde’s lips along with a sheepish chuckle. He realized that his handsome cousin was not changed at all. He was still the same like Sungmin had always known, a skinship addict, or a failure personal space voter.

 

Siwon laughed in reply while he let Sungmin’s hand go. His laughs sounded crunchy and heartily it made the blonde smiling from ear to ear. For Sungmin, Siwon’s laugh was contagious. The kind of voice Sungmin had been missing in three years. The kind of voice in which solely would lessen his sadness so many times. The same voice which had done nothing but turning Sungmin’s cry into a grin.

 

Choi Siwon, the tall and handsome cousin who had always been volunteering himself as Sungmin’s brother. If Leeteuk and Kangin took the role as parents’ kind of brothers, Siwon was the partner-in-crimes brother. They shared the same fate as a billionaire’s heir. They loved the same sports and been exceptionally good at it, like golf, tennis and horse riding. They liked to enjoy each other’s presence in silent when they were together. When it happened, Siwon would usually be listening to music, placing his head on Sungmin’s lap with mouth following the lyrics while the blonde was reading a book. They would spend three hours until Sungmin groaned about his cramped thighs and Siwon would call their family-masseur to make him feel better. Other times, they liked to watch movies together in the mini-theater at the Lee’s mansion, with Siwon ended up falling asleep during half of the movie until the end. They also liked to stay in Japan for holiday and played outdoor activities with their dogs on daily basis.

 

Sungmin missed those moments. He admitted, Siwon played a great contribution in making him to be more positive and passionate person to see the future. Choi Siwon reserved irreplaceable spot in Sungmin’s life.

 

While for Siwon, he shared things he didn’t share to others with Sungmin. He trusted Sungmin enough to let himself open. Like that one time when they talked about their alter ego or the things that they would do if fate placed them in a different situation. Being honest with Sungmin wouldn’t hurt Siwon because the latter knew the other wouldn’t judge, and always accepted his condition. For Siwon, being with Sungmin was like hiding in a sanctuary, where he could undress everything and being honestly transparent, showing weakness and wickedness.

 

The wondering thought stopped in a mere second with Kyuhyun’s sudden movement. Siwon and Sungmin turned to look at the rebel who was walking away from them. That moment, Siwon twitched in realizing something was not right.

 

“Kyu-hyung, where are you going?” Sungmin was contemplating. He hoped the rebel was not angry because he ignored him.

 

The rebel scoffed lightly, not even bother to look at the blonde. “Around.” He said nonchalantly.

 

“It’s almost lunch time, maybe we should go to the dining room. I’m sure everyone is there.” Sungmin turned to look at his cousin and made a gesture to follow Kyuhyun’s direction.

 

Siwon shook his head and shrugged lightly, showing objection with the blonde’s suggestion. Next thing he knew, he was startled by Kyuhyun’s act. The guy had turned around to them with unexplainable grim expression.

 

“Not hungry.” Kyuhyun’s lips were pulled to the side coyly. “Besides, I don’t want to interfere your little reunion.” His tone was nothing but sarcasm. “Please, feel free minding your own business while I walk around your family’s lovely villa.”

 

Sungmin bit his lips with nervousness, already sensed Kyuhyun’s anger. “You’re not coming?”

 

Just in time Siwon wanted to supply his cousin with a short “Yeah.”, Kyuhyun turned around swiftly without a care. As if he heard nothing, he spat. “I thought you’re not deaf.” With that, he walked off from the blonde.

 

The sight of Kyuhyun walking away made him nervous. His heartbeat escalated and his stomach was grumbling unnecessarily. He was anxious and couldn’t think straight. Everything, pieces by pieces, seemed scattering in his mind.

 

“Oh, one more thing.” Rough voice announced. It was coming from Kyuhyun’s lips.

 

The rebel looked over his shoulder. “You should listen to your cousin and do something about being too kind to let someone sleep with you…” He hesitated before ended his sentence. “Ex-bastard is much better than ex-angel, you know, Sungmin-ssi.”

 

The harsh was transmitted smoothly, the hatred was clearly perceived. That moment, Sungmin knew, this thing, the holiday thing, his perfect plan, was complete failure flailing into a dark pit.

 

*****

 

“This is the first time Ming bought his friend’s family, here.” Siwon proclaimed in between his munches of beef stroganoff. The juicy meat made him pause in between words, preserving his time to indulge the tasty food inside his mouth. He always loved Shindong’s cooking. Sometimes, he and Sungmin visited the villa only because they missed the magical touch of the chubby butler’s hand-made food. “How do you like the villa so far, Hanna-ssi?”

 

Hanna offered the handsome guy a smile. “Never imagine I will get the chance to enjoy this kind of place. It’s beyond comparison.” She pulled her smile wider and turned her head to the opposite table where Sungmin sat. “Thank you for inviting me.”

 

In her eyes, she saw a boy with a troubled face, forking his food obviously with no feeling of starvation. Considering one person missing at this lunchtime, her mind accused to Kyuhyun immediately.

What had that done again this time?? She sighed silently to think the possibility.

 

“No sweat, Mam. The more, the merrier, right? Usually, it’s just us.” Siwon shifted his gaze to the left, referring the ‘us’ word to Sungmin as the other party. He found Sungmin playing the food with his fork. The metal utility pierced into the chewy meat and the blonde’s fingers circled it around on his plate. His gaze was empty and Siwon wouldn’t think a second to guess there was something bothering Sungmin.

 

He put his fork and knife neatly on his plate. Siwon took the napkin to brush his lips a little before he lifted his left hand to reach for a blonde hair. His fingers brushed smoothly from the front bangs, travelling toward the blonde’s nape gently. He succeeded to have the attention he wanted as he felt Sungmin jolted under his caress.

 

Using the same hand, Siwon took Sungmin’s chin and turned his face to have his gaze settled on him. There, he saw something was missing in his cousin’s eyes.

 

It took him by surprise. Sungmin was defenseless when Siwon’s eyes threw a lot of questions without being spoken by his lips. He didn’t want to say anything though, because once Sungmin opened his mouth, he knew he couldn’t stop to share his troubles to him. He wondered, since when he ever saw these kinds of eyes from Siwon. It was too engrossed.

 

“Tell me what you’re thinking.” It was not a question, Siwon was making a statement, or rather a demand, a gentle kind of demand with his calm voice.

 

The blonde felt something clogged inside his throat. Maybe it was not his throat, but his mind that was not ready to explain everything to his cousin. “…I-”

Siwon doesn’t need to know.

His mind told him.

 

He has his own problem with his parents already.

His mind reminded him.

 

He hesitated but he finally muttered. “You.” The blonde’s eyes searched the good-looking’s guy.

It was half lying. Was he really thinking about Siwon when he felt his relationship with Kyuhyun was moving toward the edge?

Okay, he wasn’t half lying? It was a total lie.

 

A surprised look drew from a certain perfect face. “Me?”

Siwon didn’t expect Sungmin’s answer as he laid his forearms on the table. Then, a teasing smile plastered on his face. “What did I do this time that I worth your precious time, President?”

 

The blonde let out a soft sigh. “Your future plan.” He pointed out straight. “Are you sure with the showbiz industry?” His tone was in between the line of worry and unsupportive. Sungmin’s mind travelled back to his conversation with Siwon’s father, his uncle, during his therapy session. He asked even though he was completely aware that it was not the right time to discuss this kind of thing with his cousin. In any moment, it was for them to share in private without Leeteuk, Kangin and Hanna listening.

 

Siwon released a breath that he didn’t realize holding when Hanna suddenly jumped in their conversation with her amused question “You’re an actor?!” to Siwon.

 

The time was still for three seconds until Siwon turned his attention to the only woman at the dining table. “Not yet, Ma’am. Still learning a lot of things. I’m currently walking on the runway and selling products by posing here and there.” He winked playfully.

 

“Ah! No wonder your face is somewhat familiar!” She clapped her hands together in excitement as if she figured out some kind of difficult riddle. “Guess I saw you few times on the cover of Esquire magazine!” She tilted her head, sinking into her wondering mind. “I think I saw you as cameo in one of the recent movie played at the theater…” Her mind could imagine the movie’s trailer that she has been seeing in the past few days.

“What was the movie called?” She was thinking out loud. The title was at the tip of her tongue, yet her brain didn’t seem to put the pieces together.

 

When Siwon’s lips were ready to mouth the answer, she got the clue. “Saw VIII!” They said at the same time.

 

“My, gotta say, I’m flattered.” Siwon offered his staged smile, the kind of smile he preserved in front of cameras.

 

Hanna pointed her side temple. “Good looking guys are hard to forget, hm?” She motioned her brain with her index finger and added a wink.

 

Siwon let out his contentment laughter in reply. Her answer made him feel better, a tiny part of it because her compliment boosted him up, the larger part of it because it shifted the subject Sungmin tried to bring.

 

Siwon felt guilty for avoiding his cousin’s question. How was he going to answer anyway? He had a shot to solve his problem with his parents, and Sungmin was going to help him, albeit not right now. He knew he would spill the beans to Sungmin. It was one of the reasons he came to Japan pursuing the blonde. But discussing it at the dining table with others was just not a good time.

 

The lunch went stuffy and unexpectedly heavy. Shindong kept their mouth busy and their appetite going even though their stomach was about to explode. The butler claimed that he measured the calories and the nutrition in check for every meal he prepared. He clearly didn’t want to be held responsible for the inclining scale of their weight. After the dessert was completely gone from the plate, they parted. Siwon asked Sungmin to play the piano for him while Leeteuk and Hanna decided to play golf together, and Kangin, well, he just had to be somewhere around.

 

*****

 

His fingertips traced the piano’s tiles slowly from his right to his left. He sprawled all his fingers and weighed the keys with enough push. Then, the piano started to make a gentle sound.

 

Sungmin smiled with satisfying expression. “Beautiful.” The blonde approved the quality of sound that the grand piano produced. It had been a long time for him not playing the piano at his villa, yet he could tell the piano did not turning rusty. He guessed spending couple millions of won for the white grand piano was always worth it, right? Not just for piano, the blonde always opted expensive prices because it never failed him. Good price proved a good quality.

 

Siwon watched the blonde from the side, eyes focusing on the way Sungmin’s fingers started to move flawlessly against the keys. The sound his fingers produced was always beautiful. The notes executed articulately, and it had unique echoes between notes.

 

The model was also loved to see Sungmin’s expression every time he played. The blonde would voluntarily shut his surroundings and immersed himself to his fingers movement and the notes. His expression and body language would follow the kind of notes he made. His face would turn grimace, passionate, lusty, or heart broken, then his body language followed after. Looking at him play, everyone could tell the message of the song he performed.

 

The moment he started an intro, Siwon recognized the song immediately.

 

Moonlight Sonata, huh?

Siwon kept the thought to himself while dragging his feet to sit on top of the couch’s backrest. He watched Sungmin who started to have a mournful expression every time he played the song. His eyes witnessed how Sungmin’s body was drifting along back and forth with the sad rhythms, how he would close his eyes to be drawn with the tune, how his fingers would dance delicately over the piano’s tiles, and when he barely recognized tears at the brim of the blonde’s eyes, Siwon didn’t wait any seconds to rush toward the blonde and catch his right wrist, stopping the melodic sound one at a time.

 

Shock with Siwon’s impulsiveness, Sungmin halted and threw a questioning look at his cousin. “W-wonnie Hy-”

 

“Spill.” Siwon cut the blonde.

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened, struggling all his might to keep the tears from falling.

 

“Ming…” He bent, leaning closer and whispered. “What happened?”

 

He used to be at the spotlight, but only this time, Sungmin didn’t want to be spotted under Siwon’s intense eyes. “N-nothing…” He finally muttered, obviously unconvincing. “Wh-what are you talking about?” The look his cousin gave him was making his heartbeat thumping faster.

 

“Don’t lie, cousin.” Siwon maintained the narrow distance between his and Sungmin’s face where he could consume Sungmin’s mint scent through his nostrils. “Tell me.”

 

He didn’t say anything, and the way Sungmin swallowed his gulp was enough reason for Siwon to feel apprehensive.

 

Sungmin tried to pull off his hand from his cousin, only resulted in Siwon tightening the grip. The latter sat beside the former, his forearm was on the piano tiles, producing random sound. Another sound was heard when he put weight onto his forearm to support his upper body in having a clear view of Sungmin’s face. “Since when you’re keeping any secret from me?” Siwon’s eyebrows gathered.

 

The blonde finally set his eyes on the other guy. A breath escaped his lips before he answered. “Since when you are being overly dramatic to me? There’s nothing wrong, I’m fine.”

 

This time, Siwon let Sungmin pulled his hand out of his grip. “Then why do you look like you want to cry?”

 

Sungmin averted his gaze right away, filling up another reason for Siwon to be worried.

 

“Moonlight Sonata always make me a bit sentimental, remember?” The blonde reasoned, adding a smile to convince the other.

 

“Yeah, of course.” The handsome guy grumbled. Not feeling satisfied with the answer, he captured the younger’s chin with his thumb and forefinger before he added. “It’s an angst melody made by Beethoven when he felt heartbroken to the core.” He shoved the blonde’s face towards him once again. “And you’re too much into it when you played.”

 

Sungmin kept the smile on his face even if his nervousness poured down any other senses inside. “So? Doesn’t mean anything, right?”

 

Siwon fell into silence state. Either he tried to believe Sungmin’s answer, or he was letting his eyes searching the truth behind Sungmin’s gaze.

 

Sungmin didn’t feel comfortable with the situation. He was supposed to be the one asking Siwon many questions, he should be the one who listened to Siwon telling his reason to neglect his parents, he was the one who must cornered the handsome guy, not the other way around. Clearly, he didn’t want to share his list of problems to the guy who already had enough on his plate. It wouldn’t fair to Siwon, even though he was persistent to offer himself.

 

“Liar.”

 

Sungmin’s smile was fading away.

 

Siwon shook his head and scoffed. “You know your crap wouldn’t have effect on me, Ming.”

 

The way Sungmin kept his eyes from blinking made Siwon to push his thought in. His mind was bothered at the things he saw since he arrived few hours ago. His suspicion was building up it made him unrest. Out of nowhere, Siwon found himself feeling possessive over his lovely cousin. “Is it him?”

 

*BRINK!*

 

The piano made another sound when Siwon lifted off his arm, surprising Sungmin by the way his eyes dilated.

 

“The don’t--with-me-or-I-spit-on-your-face guy, Cho Kyuhyun?” Siwon continued, hooking his arm surround the blonde’s side face from below. He shifted a little on his seat before his arm pulled Sungmin’s face to rest on his strong chest.

 

Sungmin let his instinct took control instead being a constant thickhead. From the way he nuzzled onto Siwon’s warm body, the later knew he would get what he wanted. Well, he had a mission meeting with Sungmin anyway.

 

“Tell you what, Ming…”

 

Sungmin could hear Siwon’s low voice from above.

 

“You tell me your secret.” The model brushed the blonde’s hair gently. “Then I tell you all my stories.” As if it was his second nature, Siwon placed a gentle kiss on the blonde’s crown. “Just like the old times… When we believed it was Ming and Wong against the world.”

 

*****

 

*STRIKE!*

 

White ball was flying high towards the blue sky until gravity pulled it onto the ground filled with green grass. It was a long-range shot, powerful enough to reach 50 yards length and make Leeteuk’s jaw dropped in awe.

 

“It’s also your first time and yet you can perform a shot like a pro.” Leeteuk glued his hand on his forehead to cover his eyes from the sun when his eyes were following the ball in a distance.

 

“Well…” Hanna’s eyes were no different than the young doctor, it followed the ball’s movement.

 

“Let me guess…” Leeteuk interrupted, eyes found the ball bouncing few times. “Another beginner’s luck?”

 

Hanna chuckled in reply. “Or fast learner if it seems irrational.” Her giggles followed suit.

 

“Hmm, can I be honest, Hanna-ssi?” Leeteuk asked, bending low to put another ball on a tee.

 

“Oh, please do.” Hanna stamped her golf-stick upright.

 

The psychiatrist slumped his shoulders down slightly, preparing himself to take a swing. “I hope you realized that Sungmin told me everything about you and your son.” He performed three short swings as warm up.

“And I’m pretty surprised to find such a delicate, well-mannered lady working at a host club.” Leeteuk searched for Hanna’s eyes before his lips turned into a smile. “No offense.”

 

“Ah, none taken.” Hanna shrugged. “I’ll take it as compliment instead.”

 

The psychiatrist kept his smile. “It is. I even assumed the club trained its hosts with various skills to maintain their reputation.”

 

“Pfftt… If there’s such training, it must have been related to lewd stuffs like how to make a man come in less than a minute with your tongue.” She laughed at her own joke. “Sorry for the language.”

 

Leeteuk laughed along with her, already forgetting his stance to swing the ball. “Well, I meant to ask you questions though.” He straightened his stick on the ground. “The way you speak and chose the words you spoken, the table manner you performed at lunch, the perfect pose during horse-riding, and now, the exact accuracy and consistency of the shot you just shown me.” If one thought no one notices on little things happening around the house, it surely was not Park Jungsoo. The psychiatrist was one of the most observant people Lee family ever got. It was his job to read the situation in a large picture and reading people’s mind would come out naturally in the process. “Where do you learn those things if it’s not coming from the club?”

 

The way Hanna straightened her face showed how much she became cautious over the question. She threw undisturbed look though as she answered. “Let’s just say I have good connection.”

 

The answer hit at a bull’s eye. Leeteuk practically shouted bingo inside his head. Hanna just mentioned something for him to ask further questions much easier. Well, she pushed the button alright.

“I bet. It’s good enough to put your son studying at Royal Sapphire for 5 years, not to mention he was pretty safe from dropping out, hmm?” He side-glanced toward her and found the surprising look on Hanna’s face.

 

No one said a word for a good 10 seconds, and a second afterwards, Leeteuk made a movement. He repositioned himself to pose and take his postponed swing. Leeteuk spun the golf-stick two times before he finally--

 

*STRIKE!*

 

--had his long-range shot.

 

“Ahh-” His eyes followed where the ball was flying and bouncing. “-hmm, not as good as yours, but it’s okay.” He commented on his own shot.

 

“What do you want, Mr. Park?” Throwing the naïve side of her, Hanna decided that being clueless wouldn’t help her to get away from the situation. So she would rather being straightforward. Meaning, she would need to be extra careful with the man who requested her escorting service.

 

Leeteuk chuckled in response. “Suddenly being formal, eh?” When he turned his face toward Hanna, the lady was already had her eyes on him.

 

“We are at the same position, Mrs. Cho.” He followed the rules of using formality that Hanna put up. “Sungmin is everything in my life, the same like Kyuhyun’s in yours.” If words couldn’t show how much serious he was, his sharpened eyes made an absolute statement.

 

“And you probably aware just how far they get with their relationship. If there is one thing that makes me worried, it will definitely be the background of a person who is the most influential in Sungmin’s life.”

 

“Pfft…” Hanna stifled a laugh. “In other words…” She sighed a bit before she concluded. “Me and my son who are becoming somewhat important to your beloved Sungmin need to have your clearance and approval, right?”

 

He knew Hanna is smart, but Leeteuk didn’t expect she would put the pieces together effortlessly.

 

“Just say it directly, fairy god mother.” A smile was formed on her lips. “You know, I don’t do chit-chat trash. Just tell me, what do you want to know about us?” The way she pulled her lips higher was intriguing. It was somewhat provoking.

 

“Well, well, as expected. I’ll be blunt then.” The Psychiatrist made a firm expression. “Who are you? Where do you come from?” His eyebrows were sharply drawn together just like his expression. He had shown the other woman enough evidence of his seriousness about this matter. How he didn’t take it lightly everything about his blonde.

 

Not even a death would make Hanna afraid on something, much less a well-mannered and well-suited Psychiatrist. She kept the smile on her face, undisturbed even with Leeteuk’s intimidation right in front of her. If there was one thing to make her losing her mind and turn her feet falling down helplessly, it was Kyuhyun’s safety. Her boy was the reason for her existence.

 

Hanna let the silent took over the situation. Her mind was thinking a lot of things. She needed to make a decision for Kyuhyun’s best interest. Was she going to trust the auburn haired man in front of him? Or she would put everything in a hidden place like it always had been? If Leeteuk’s concern was only Sungmin, then maybe she could work together with him.

 

When Hanna released a soft sigh, Leeteuk took it as a cue to push further. “What happened between you and the Principal?”

 

Leeteuk didn’t miss the surprise look on her face. Her eyes were contemplating between trust and denial. Leeteuk knew her silence means she was calculating inside. Her head, the Psychiatrist assumed, was filled with ‘ifs’ sentences.

 

When he received nothing in reply, he decided to do it another way. “Mrs. Cho, let’s not make it hard on both of us.” He said. “We have different interest, so let’s work together.”

 

Even if Leeteuk made it sounds very easy, Hanna was indifference.

 

“Tell me something I did not know, Mrs. Cho.” Leeteuk’s smile was appearing on his face.

 

“Tell me.” He smiled from ear to ear.

 

*****

 

*THUMP!!!*

 

!!!

What the this guy is made of???

 

“Is this all you’ve got?” The voice came provocative for Kyuhyun’s liking. His past thought him how to enjoy having a control over something, or someone. He would never get used to be the receptive. So, when Kangin beat him straight in no time, he was boiled with anger and frustration. A part of him told that this was not happening, that it was only a nightmare. Yet, the pain from Kangin’s blow was too damn real to be a dream.

 

Kyuhyun attempted to land another fist toward Kangin’s stomach, which was halted by Kangin’s grip on his wrist. The bigger guy turned the other’s arm with so much force and hit Kyuhyun’s nape with his elbow. It was effortlessly harsh coming from Kangin, making the rebel fell weakly onto the ground with a choke of blood.

 

“Protecting Sungmin, huh?” said Kangin with mocking tone. “What some you got there, buddy.”

 

Kyuhyun spat the blood out of his mouth. “ off!” He had enough, both having to taste his own blood over and over again and the mockery of his defeat.

 

With slightly trembling knees, he forced to stand up. Kyuhyun almost failed in balancing himself before he put the weight on his strongest foot. “I’m tired of this !” He balled both of his palms and lifted it in front of his chest, getting ready with the fight again.

 

Ten minutes had passed since Kangin and Kyuhyun arrived at the dojo, a small building at the south-east from the main villa. Kangin’s challenge to Kyuhyun this morning when they watched the horse riding activities was made into realization this afternoon.

 

For Kyuhyun, the timing was perfect. First, he wanted to distance himself from everyone, especially oh-his-fantastic-super-rich-boyfriend. Second, he could use the fight as a stress release from the tension he got with the blonde and his cousin. Both didn’t matter now because he was definitely not feeling better, scratch that, he was screwed up.

 

Like it or not, the rebel was losing, totally trashed out. This was not a stress release or a way to avoid someone. This was humiliation! The fight with Kangin was at a different level. The bigger guy was totally stronger and had more skill in combat. When he tried to punch, the other shoved it effortlessly with his forearm, when he tried to kick, the bigger gut caught his leg and tossed his body around to the ground lightly. And when he received Kangin’s fist, it was ing hurt as hell. He remembered the times he got to taste Kangin’s hand’s affection. Comparing to the previous, Kyuhyun realized this time, it was super stronger and freaking deadly.

 

Forget boyfriend’s affair, it was a matter of defending his pride now. Who was this ing bastard beating the hell out of him??

 

Kyuhyun targeted Kangin’s stomach with his fist that easily dodged by the latter. He was not letting Kangin breath for a split second as he already threw an uppercut.

 

*SMACK*

 

It was a jackpot for Kyuhyun’s part. Kangin’s jaw was hit with a loud smack.

 

Serves you right, !

He triumphed inside, only to be shocked later when soft cackle was heard from the victim of his violence.

 

“Ceh, what was that?” A smirk was slowly appearing from Kangin’s face. “How come they said you are one of the deadliest gang members from Dukryang?” Kangin moved his jaw around, loosening it. His confidence and victorious grin pissed the rebel so much he wanted to tear those lips with a knife.

 

“Lemme show you how to fight pissy.” Kangin cracked his knuckles with smugness, preparing himself another round with Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun took a step back and lowered his body. He formed a defensive position using both of his arms. “You’re talkin too much, jackass. Just gimme all you’ve got.”

 

“Hah, ready to lose, eh?” Kangin rumbled while his mind was wondering on something. A hardly noticeable smile passed by Kyuhyun’s sight before the older guy offered something. “Tell you, what… Let’s have an adult bargain here.”

 

Kyuhyun was not saying anything since his frowning face already stating the obvious.

 

“If I get to punch you first, you will doing anything for me. And it goes the other way around.” Kangin offered indifferently.

 

The rebel was looking skeptically at the offer.

Ceh! Punch me first my !

He mentally cursed while his mind was trying to read the other’s.

 

“Well, what’d you say, huh?”

 

The look he gave to Kangin was obnoxiously cynical.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes!”

 

*SMACK*

 

Without warning, Kangin’s fist landed on Kyuhyun’s stomach throwing the rebel hard on the wooden floor. His mocking laugh followed after.

 

“Well, well, didn’t expect it’ll be too easy.” Kangin walked slowly to Kyuhyun who was trying to stand, holding his upper body with forearms.

 

The bodyguard stood tall in front of Kyuhyun, shadowing the younger with dominance. “Now, now, tell me what do you say to become my apprentice?”

 

What?

Did his ears hear it right?

 

No single words uttered something to answer the question. Kyuhyun let Kangin to hear nothing except his ragging, exhausted breath.

 

“From now on, you’re going to spend half of your time with me.”

 

Oh. .

 

*****

 

He told him every thing, from the beginning when they were aware of each other’s presence, when Sungming had a glimpse of thought on how annoying a guy named Cho Kyuhyun was, when he deliberately helped him in class yet received nothing but harsh treatment, when the assembly gave him the almost impossible task, when they made the agreement to be a lover, when they kissed for the first time, what kind of activities they would usually do at his dorm, everything was spilled from the blonde’s lips for Siwon only. The model slash actor was listening to every detail of Sungmin’s words, showing few wrinkles when he had questions in mind, interrupting Sungmin several times when he needed confirmation to understand the whole picture. The sincere attentiveness radiated from Siwon’s gestures, words and expression made him at ease. Sungmin felt the burden on his shoulders were lifted off effortlessly thanks to the way his cousin always inserted few funny comments or perks that made his lips unconsciously widening from ear to ear. Siwon didn’t say much to help him find solutions, didn’t give him any effective advice, not that he expected him to give anyway, nonetheless his beloved cousin’s presence was enough to make him positive and confident for the upcoming future. The things Sungmin wasn’t sure anymore.

 

“You know what, Ming? I regret leaving for America if I know that I need to share the special spotlight with someone else.” Siwon coaxed the blonde after the whole story revealed, hinting his possessiveness over Sungmin shamelessly. The blonde only smiled in reply, taking it as a ‘way to comfort’ from an easy-going person.

 

The blonde shrugged. “You are still my special person.” He walked closer to the taller.

 

“That’s good.” He stretched out a hand to grab Sungmin’s arm. He dragged the blonde closer to where he was sitting. His hands were locking around Sungmin’s waist. “I’m sorry if you have to go through this alone, Ming.” He muttered to the blonde’s stomach.

 

That time, he noticed something was wrong with the way Siwon closed his eyes and hugged him around the waist. He didn’t notice it before, but the sound of his breathing was definitely in a staccato rhythm. The handsome model didn’t say or do anything to show his agitated aura. As a professional actor, he was covering it with a comfortable silent, enjoying the warmth of Sungmin’s body inside his arms.

 

The egoistic part of the blonde didn’t want to ask though. He didn’t want to find out the restlessness he felt from the other. At least, not right now when he wanted Siwon to comfort him, not the other way around even with Siwon’s father’s request hanging around his throat. Sungmin would discuss with his cousin, definitely, about the latter’s decision to pursue entertainment business. His thought was disrupted by Siwon’s incoherent mumbles.

 

“Hmm? You say?” Sungmin looked down on the other’s crown. “Didn’t catch it.” He lifted his fingers to comb the other’s hair.

 

Siwon looked up in response and catch his eyes. He gave him a charming smile, the trademark killer-smile that granted him a cover on vogue magazine.

 

“Nah, not important.” Siwon chuckled and resumed putting his face on the younger’s stomach before he sniffed. “You smell nice.”

 

Sungmin furrowed in response, clearly showing his confusion. “I smell the same since the second year of my junior high, Wong-ie Hyung. You even bought my Creed Aventus perfume once for my birthday.” He held the fine line of Siwon’s jaws with both hands before lifted it up to his gaze. “Try another words to distract me, will you?”

 

Holding the smile on his face, Siwon blurted out. “I want to kiss you.” Before the other misinterpreted his request to go for the forehead or cheek, he clarified. “On the lips.”

 

It took Sungmin three seconds to process the words. He gulped down slowly before he preferred to act clueless and went with “huh?” as a reply.

 

“Gotcha.” Siwon cracked a laugh.

 

“Go to hell, Hyung.”

 

*****

 

 

The thing was, everything happened for a reason, just like Cho Kyuhyun’s life for these several days. Every thing he saw, every reason he got, knocking him to the gut. Once again, the bright light his boyfriend possessed was blinding him.

 

Lee Sungmin was billionaire, no doubt about it, but then, Kyuhyun didn’t consider the attachment following the million-dollars heir’s entitlement. His life was perfectly organized, well-presented, highly fulfilled to the finest. And his presence or his attachment to him would cause nothing but pain or worthless drama.

 

He wasn’t thinking about how people would react towards their gay’s relationship anymore, oh no, not that simple. He was thinking on Sungmin’s future with this so-called tainted relationship. What was the blonde thinking with keeping this act up? Not to mention inviting him and his mom to the family’s villa. Was being a billionaire boring enough the blonde President needed something to spark his life like playing boyfriend with him?

 

Now, he had Kangin to knock him out, literally, in realizing the whole picture and how the world was normally turning around. Forget romeo and Juliet, forget Cinderella or fairytales, forget Korean sappy drama series, he knew their relationship was irrational, and illogical. And Kangin, also the freak Psychiatrist, were doing the right thing from the beginning.

 

The big bodyguard challenged him on a duel this morning at the ranch, and they were right down to it around lunchtime. Kangin was still in his best shape and living up to his title as the ‘unforgiving killer’ back in Dukryang.

 

It’s no surprise that the rebel lost, severely and shamelessly. Kyuhyun might be smart, cunning and fast, but Kangin was on a different level. He was strong-built, deadly powerful and had too many experiences compare to him. All of his moves were readable against the bigger guy. He ran out of ideas to beat him.

 

“Protect him, huh? Protection my !!”

 

“You cannot even stand to ing defend yourself!!”

 

Kangin said that. Which was true in every aspect. If he couldn’t even stand a chance to win against Kangin, how would he protect Sungmin this way? Not to mention he had his mother to protect and look after. Sungmin was high bait for all those Lee family’s enemies. If he wanted to be by Sungmin’s side, at least he wanted to be useful to protect the blonde, and be 24 hours ready for him.

 

Being with Sungmin could be seen as becoming stronger than he was at the moment. Being with Sungmin meant ignoring all those unnecessary things and give up everything to assure the blonde on how great they were for each other. Being with Sungmin was breaking and crushing everyone’s beliefs against them. Being with Sungmin was against the odd. Being with Sungmin was defending his will even though there would be a lot of casualties. Being with Sungmin was…egoistic.

 

Then, he doubted everything.

 

Kyuhyun knew, of course he realized it. But he had never been to experience the situation that would test his limit like he was experiencing it now. Every facts and factors were leading him into one big question; are all of these efforts worth to have his or Sungmin’s happiness?

 

Or the big jokes are all on him since the beginning?

 

The sting on his stomach stilled his thought. Kyuhyun was on his balcony’s since he arrived at his room. He threw away his shirt, grabbed the brand new wine bottle which was the replacement of the one he emptied last night, and walked limply towards the balcony. He left the sliding door open and took a seat at the outside chairs. The amazing view surrounding him was supposed to take his breath away, making him calm and relaxed. But he would careless. The chilly wind was the only thing his body sensed.

 

He glanced at his bare stomach and chest. Most parts of his body were bruised from the fight. His skin was getting purple and leaving ugly marks. He knew his lips were split and torn, he could even feel his face was not in the same form anymore.

 

He moved his jaw until it cracked, groaning heavily with the pain he felt. Then, he moved it around again, slower than before. He felt the shape of his jaws was back to normal.

 

He remembered Kangin’s words once again. He promised to become his apprentice and meet him again at the dojo tomorrow afternoon. He didn’t know the big guy’s plan towards him. His mind was too messed up at the moment, if seeing Sungmin being hugged by his handsome cousin would screw him even more.

 

Sungmin and Siwon… He hadn’t put much thought about them except feeling inferior towards the handsome guy. They seemed intimate as a cousin. It was evident from the blonde that he trusted the model so much. And they made a great rich family picture together. Side by side, running around on the green fields with their ing dogs, smiling happily ever after, oh yes, they were ing adorable, right?

 

Kyuhyun opened the wine bottle and took a gulp. He bought the bottle to his eyes and smirked with contentment when he read ‘1869 Chateau Lafite’ on the label.

 

CEH! Of course, it must be the expensive brand. Well, whatever, I need a good alcohol at a time like this anyway.

 

The rebel took another gulp from the bottle, completely clueless on certain someone who was walking to his direction.

 

The steps were bold, the expression was hard and the hand’s movement was harsh when Sungmin stole the wine bottle away from the rebel.

 

Kyuhyun was totally surprised to find the bottle gone from his palm, even more surprised with Sungmin’s presence at his side.

 

The rebel looked up and found the blonde stood tall at his right, towering him with unpleased face. There were frustration’s frowns on his forehead, making him less pretty than he usually was. His eyes were sharp and careful. And his lips were unusually tight around.

 

The blonde moved and sat on the table right in front of him. He placed the wine bottle further side on the table, and put a white box on the ground between their spaces.

 

Kyuhyun looked down and realized it was a first aid kit box he was carrying around with his hand.

 

“What the hell is this?” The rebel asked with a cautious tone, clearly not in the mood for any kind of treatment Sungmin offered.

 

The blonde stayed silent. He was ignoring the other and continuing to open the box, and searching something inside with his hand.

 

“What are you trying to pull, young master?” Kyuhyun warned. “Cut the , now.”

 

The blonde was indifferent. He acted as he heard nothing. His hands were finding the bottle he was looking for before he took the liberty to examine Kyuhyun’s tortured body.

 

Sungmin grabbed a bundle of lint and used his other hand to unroll the material.

 

Without any reason, Kyuhyun felt offended. He was getting emotional with Sungmin’s antics. Before he realized, his hands were gripping tightly around Sungmin’s wrists, causing the lint falling off back to the box.

 

“Are you deaf, young master?” He growled, tightening his grip in the process.

 

For the first time since he arrived at the balcony, he finally catch the rebel’s eyes. “Stop calling me young master.” He breathed harshly.

 

Kyuhyun jerked his body forward in challenge. “Then, stop doing this crappy things you’re going to pull.”

 

The blonde kept his gaze on him, undisturbed. If Sungmin’s eyes could say something, it would be around the lines of stop messing around, or listen to me you .

 

If Sungmin wanted to play this kind of game, Kyuhyun would entertain him. Staring competition was easy, hell, they had done it many times in the past.

 

They were stilled for another second before the blonde’s lips were muttering. “What happened to you, Hyung…”

 

Kyuhyun loosened his grips and leaned back on his chair. “I could have asked the same thing.” He let his head fell backwards on the headrest.

 

“Kangin Hyung told-” Sungmin’s hand was reaching for the bruises when he was stopped by Kyuhyun’s voice.

 

“Leave it.” Kyuhyun lifted a little to look at the younger’s face. He saw Sungmin gulping down his throat before he confirmed. “Leave me alone, Min.”

 

“But-”

 

“Leave!” He gritted angrily.

 

The blonde’s bold expression summoned on his face once again.

 

“I don’t need your crap, right now, you hear?! If you need a good answer, some comfort or a warm embrace, go find your ing perfect cousin!!” He burst out with his eyes flaring dangerously.

 

Sungmin was sitting still for a moment, taking all of the words one by one into his system. He stood up with brute force, almost bumping on Kyuhyun’s face.

 

His feet were moving and he stopped at his third step to announce with a cold voice. “I’m starting to regret this…”

 

“Oh, tell me about it, sweetheart. I guess you’re not the only one.” Kyuhyun made sure the blonde heard his reply before he made his leave.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: um, hello, anybody is here?? Haha, well, how are you guys? Yup, all of you! First of all, I am so sorry for not updating in years! Got plenty on my plates as life is driving me further! Haha... Well, I am not even sure all of you remember about this magnet story. Anyway, this update is for those who are still enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying writing it. So... yeah! Hope everyone is healthy and happy! :D