Magnetism 5: Lee Sungmin Day 2

Magnet

 

Magnetism is a class of physical phenomena that includes forces exerted by magnets on other magnets.

 

One thing that never happened in the past 7 years life of Lee Sungmin was, giving a statement that deviates from the truth, or, in other words...lying, to none other than his most trusted person in the whole world, Park Jungsoo.

 

“You’re going to stay the night at your friend’s dorm?”

 

The blonde President shifted uncomfortably from his previous position. “Ye-yeah Hyung. We have a group discussion due to Monday, so I will be busy until then.”

 

Hearing Sungmin talking a little bit nervous to ‘the ing buggers who cleverly calling at the ing right time’ on the phone made Cho Kyuhyun to feel glorious.

Why was that? The rebel knew very well that Sungmin was lying to his ‘so called Hyung’. There was no group discussion on Monday. There would be a quiz on Monday. And what the heck with staying the night at friend’s dorm?

Why did he lie? Kyuhyun confidently-very-assured that because the blonde wanted to spend the time with him, undisturbed.

Oh, how Kyuhyun loved it. His happiness was shown by the form of his curled sidelips. The rebel was smirking all over his face in contentment.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung. H-How about next week?” With a lot of guilty feeling inside, the blonde proposed.

 

“Sure. No pressure President. We’re just trying our luck to see your face. It feels like we won’t calm enough just hearing your voice...”

 

Small laugh from Leeteuk was heard on Sungmin’s phone, and it made the blonde more guilty than ever. “Hyung...” before Sungmin’s remorseful eating him deeper, a sudden movement made him alert. The rebel suddenly snacthed the phone away from his possesion in one swift motion, and glued it on his ear.

 

“Hey, whoever you are. We are in a serious discussion now, and we need Min to be focused. He will call you when we’re finished.” If Min was at fault, Kyuhyun was triumphed. Without waiting any response from the other line, the rebel switched the phone off, while radiating a very satisfying glory all over with a devious chuckle.

 

*****

 

*beep beep beep beep beep*

Beeping sounds repeatedly came from the phone while the auburn haired man still frozen in his state. Leeteuk was surprised with the sudden voice from the other line that was followed with beeping sounds, a mark showing the phone connection had ended.

 

“Teuk...” Heavy tone was caught by the psychiatrist. His ears could recognize a glimpse of confusion and worry that was mixed in the tone.

 

Leeteuk putted his phone down slowly from his ear. The dimple smile owner was thinking in silence about what just happened. He was worried.

 

“Teukie, you’re okay?” Kangin, who sat on the driver seat beside Leeteuk, held the older’s hand. He squeezed it a little, wanting to comfort the other.

 

“Kangin... He lied...” Leeteuk suddenly said, in hesitation.

 

The buff man only wrinkled in confusion. He was silently waiting the older man to elaborate further.

 

“Min lied to me...” Leeteuk glanced up to his side, finally saw the other in the eyes. “He never lied to me...even the slightest...” The auburn man shook his head a little and smiled. This time, his dimple was not surfaced along with his smile. This time, his smile looked hollow and sorrow. “And... He’s with him... Min is spending the night with the Cho Guy.”

 

“!!” Kangin was alerted. His face was contracted in stiffness upon the newly information. He gripped the wheel tighter and stamped on the accelerator deeper. The buff man was tensed and angry in a sudden.

 

Not only Kangin, Leeteuk also worried. Aside from the fact that Sungmin lied to him for the first time, their precious blonde was with the guy who finally they detected his background. And most likely, Leeteuk assumed, Sungmin lied because of him. That last thought made his heart thumped in nervousness.

 

“Kangin... We need plan B.” Leeteuk said. “Min didn’t want us to come tonight. So we need plan B.”

 

*****

 

“Why did you do that?!” Sungmin protested. He leaned forward to Kyuhyun, trying to take his stolen phone.

 

The rebel retreated back, avoiding the other. “What? I was helping you.”

 

“Which part it was helping me?!” The blonde narrowed his eyes in hostility. “He is my Hyung! You should be nice to him!” he said with a higher tone than before.

 

“And I am your boyfriend! You are with me now, so you should respect me!” The rebel snapped back, matching the blonde’s high tone and glaring eyes.

 

A tense silence was unavoidable as cold atmosphere surronded the two boys. Both of them probably had different reasons to burst out their emotion.

 

The rebel was obviously felt envious with ‘the ing buggers who cleverly calling at the ing right time’. Who was he dared to interrupt the almighty Cho Kyuhyun?! And how Sungmin smiled beautifully and happily upon talking to him was unacceptable, for Cho Kyuhyun’s liking.

 

While, for another reason, Sungmin was emotional as he was at the peak of his stress. The thought of lying to his Leeteuk Hyung was haunting him in anxiousness. He was nervous, afraid, guilty and feel bad at the same time. And it made him sensitive and emotional.

 

Sungmin broke their eye contact as he closed his eyes and inhaled a very deep breath. The blonde released a big sigh and opened his eyes to look back again at the rebel.

 

“At least...you can talk in a polite manner to him.” Sungmin’s gaze softened.

 

“Tsk!” Sneer chuckled was heard from the rebel as he looked away from Sungmin. “Why do I need to be nice while I was being pissed off because of him?”

 

Sungmin raised his eyebrows a little, showing amusement. “Pissed off?”

 

Kyuhyun threw Sungmin’s phone away, out of the blonde’s reach, and grabbed the bottle of Château Margaux on the table. “Let me do you a favor.” He poured the content into his own glass. “Cho Kyuhyun is an obsesive man who will possessively guard his possession, and self-centered enough to get jealous easily over the small things.” Kyuhyun raised his glass and shifted his gaze to the blonde. “Fact.” He brought his glass to his lips and finished it in a few gulps.

 

The blonde swallowed. How Kyuhyun’s voice and gesture sent chills all over his body, he wouldn’t know. One thing Sungmin realized was, he felt goose bumps after Kyuhyun revealed the fact about himself.

 

*****

 

Their little game of fact or fiction continued until the wine bottle was empty. The game probably made them a little bit drunk, but it was absolutely worth it as they got to know each other better.

 

Aside from his well-known skill in martial arts, even had enormous achievements in Taekwondo, Cho Kyuhyun noted that Sungmin loved sports, especially biking and golf. The blonde had sweet tooth and enjoyed fried seaweed as snacks very much, he preferred the Thailand brand. Despite his manly hobbies of sports, also his firm and composed features, Sungmin loved stuffed toys. That explained how his room had a lot of bunny stuffed toys and a few of squishy animal toys, all of them, of course, in pink colors. The last fact had successfully made an absurd and disgusted reaction on the rebel’s face, unconciously.

 

Kyuhyun also knew that Kim Ryeowook, the small brown haired boy he always found inside the President’s office, is Sungmin’s bestfriend. Also Kim Jongwoon, the one that had, in Kyuhyun’s opinion, small eyes with weird annoying face, is Sungmin’s self-proclaimed rival that they encountered at the lobby. Even the rebel awared now that Lee Sunkyu was Sungmin’s crush who almost turned to be his girlfriend.

 

Upon knowing those stories from Sungmin, Kyuhyun already made a mental note to himself. If he met Ryeowook, he would annoyed the little boy, since he found him interesting to tease. When he encountered Jongwoon, he would love to greet him with his punch on his weird face. And when someday he met Lee Sunkyu, with Min on his side, oh he would kiss Min hard in front of her, just to make clear things up for her.

 

As for Sungmin, the blonde finally knew Kyuhyun’s ‘career path’ from the day he lived in Dukryang. Kyuhyun started it as a pickpocket when he was 6 years old. His scene mostly in subway train, during rush hours. He also used his skill as a thief in several mini-markets and stores. When his mother worked in Super Generation club, Kyuhyun begun to learn how to play cards and to use small knife as a weapon. He also learned how to fight from few people at the club. Six years later, when he started his school's life in Royal Sapphire Academy, he got himself companion and small sharp blade. Kyuhyun almost spent all of his nights at the back alley in a city near Dukryang, robbing several people with fancy looks and stuffs.

 

The rebel tried gambling at the age of 13, and made a good impression of the so called ‘boss’. The owner of Super Generation club, also known as ‘the boss’ of the biggest gang in Dukryang, made him join the gang with several conditions. He trained Kyuhyun hard in gambling games using cards and dices. As a result, at the age of 16, during Casino Night Festival in the club, Kyuhyun won almost all the competition and was crowned as the best and the most valuable rookie gambler. Since then, his popularity peaked in an instant as everybody knew about Cho Kyuhyun's skills. Most of the men were jealous of his ability and his handsome features, while girls were fighting to get in bed with him.

 

Sungmin also got a little story about Zhoumi and Heechul, the two escorts he met during his short visit to Dukryang. Zhoumi was a Chinese descendants while Heechul was pure Korean. Both of them were the top ranked male escorts who had a lot of clients and had a high rate, not to mention a good sense of fashion. According to Kyuhyun, if Heechul was sly and sassy, Zhoumi was honest, cool and polite. Based on Kyuhyun’s story, Sungmin could assume that the Chinese was quite close to the rebel.

 

The wine inside their own glasses was the only thing left after several round of their game. Meaning that, each of them only had one turn to say about the other.

 

“Lee Sungmin likes to spend more time with Cho Kyuhyun...rather than with his Counselor...” Kyuhyun wiggled his glass a little. “Fact.”

 

Sungmin furrowed his face before asked the rebel back. “Where did you have that ridiculous idea?”

 

Kyuhyun looked up to the blonde. “The one who you called Hyung on the phone was him rite? He wanted to come here, but you reasoned out that you wouldn’t be here. Why did you lie to him?” He asked, rather than asking for an answer, it would be precisely to say that Kyuhyun was seeking for a confirmation.

Without waiting any response, the rebel continued. “You lied because you didn’t want him to come and want to spend the time with me, alone.” Kyuhyun ended his sentence with a smirk.

 

No... it was not that.

“I...” Sungmin was hesitant to reply. “I do enjoy our time today.” He shook his head slowly before continued. “But, it wasn’t because of that reason.”

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyebrows while waiting the blonde to continue.

 

“I lied since... I don’t want them to meet you, yet...” The blonde admitted.

“My two Hyungs are quite different when it comes to my surroundings. Their overprotective sense is sometimes giving me trouble, especially Kangin Hyung. In order to protect my safety, he wanted to know all my friends, what am I doing, even my location and the person am being with. Maybe if I wasn’t protest and mad at him, he would following me 24/7 in a radius of 5 metres. The worse scenario was few months ago, when I discovered 4 small cctv cameras in this room, courtesy of Kangin Hyung.” Sungmin declared.

 

“, such a psycho. He knew that you’re good at self-defence right?” Kyuhyun commented.

 

Sungmin smiled while nodding a little. “Kangin Hyung doesn't care about that. He only said to me that he will protect me with his life because I'd save him.”

 

Eager to know more about it, Kyuhyun asked. “Why? Doesn’t he assigned by your father? How did you meet him?”

 

The sudden question made Sungmin startled. It was clearly unexpected that the rebel would ask questions about his Hyung. Intended to reveal and to know each other better since the beginning of the game, the blonde had nothing to hide and started his story. “Our first encounter was kind of irregular. I was 11 years old when I met him for the first time. We met inside a car, soon after I got carried away from school by his co-partner.”

 

Saw how Kyuhyun's face changed into confusion, the blonde continued.

 

“Kangin Hyung and his co-partner was paid to kidnap me back then.” Sungmin revealed.

 

A mere chuckle was all the rebel could response, as a form of his disbelief reaction.

 

Sungmin smiled a little when he traced his memory. “Being the only son of a famous and richest businessman in Korea had made a threat to my life. There were 3 kidnapping cases and 2 kidnapping attempts towards me before Kangin Hyung. Well, unlike any other kidnapper, Kangin Hyung was a different case. I wasn’t scare during my hostage with him. There is somekind of instinct telling me that he has a kind heart thus made me feel secured.”

 

“Long story short, after police found us, I testified for his innocence and succesfully made him out of charges.” Sungmin looked up to Kyuhyun and smiled. “Afterwards, he promised to give me protection even before I was going to ask him to become my bodyguard.” Sungmin laughed a little, remembering how his Kangin Hyung looked adorable when he made a promise with a sobbing face.

 

“What about the counselor? You also met him by accident?” Kyuhyun asked again.

 

“Leeteuk Hyung? Oh, I met him a year before Kangin Hyung’s kidnapping accident. I fell for his charm the moment I bumped into him. Leeteuk Hyung’s smile, his face, and his words were so heartwarming and gentle. I even thought I met an angel back then.” Sungmin released a small laugh. “He was the first person who asked me about my safety in a visible honesty, then requesting me to smile.”

 

The blonde could recall how wonderful it was during his meeting with Park Jungsoo.

 

‘Oops! Hello there handsome, you might want to watch your step when you’re running.’

‘Are you okay pretty boy? Don’t go running around here alone, someone might want to steal you from your parents because you’re so adorable.’

‘Now, give me a smile to make sure that you’re okay.’

‘There you go, now I can smile too knowing that you’re okay.’

 

“Anyway, since you’re so cockily wrong with that ridiculous guess, you need to finish your drink.” Sungmin grinned in victory.

 

Before Kyuhyun swallowed his last gulp of the alcohol in his throat, Sungmin pronounced his last statement about the rebel, impatiently.

“Cho Kyuhyun is a Momma boy who loves his Momma too much...” Sungmin giggled with his own words. “Obvious fact.” He continued his small laugh as he felt merry all over his system. The blonde was pretty sure that the wine had played its magic to make a little effect on him.

 

“What the heck Min?” Kyuhyun asked back with an airy laugh.

 

“Well... No matter how rebellious you are, you always listen to your Mother’s words. Just like graduating from highschool. It's her request right? And you always said my Mom this and my Mom that.” The blonde couldn’t help to giggle once again. “It’s just funny to imagine you, the most dreaded man, whining to your Mom to cook something for you, or... or asking to bake a pumpkin pie.” Sungmin released another laugh while imagined Kyuhyun trailing his Mom.

 

“Okay, let me clear things first. I hate and didn’t approve being called Momma boy. But yes...I love her so much... My entire life and fortunes are dedicated to her.” Kyuhyun curled his lips, making a little smile.

 

As Kyuhyun continued to talk, Sungmin’s laugh trailed off. The blonde’s expression turned to be more melancholy.

 

“I saw with my own eyes how devastated and depressed she was when that old man accussed my Mom of cheating, dumped us out of the house and sent us to Dukryang, just like throwing out a dog you wouldn’t want to keep in your house. Our life turned into miserable and I know how much suffering she endured just to make sure I can eat a proper meal everyday.” Kyuhyun wiggled around his wine glass slowly, playing with the liquid a little.

“Our early life in Dukryang was very hard. We changed our place to stay everyweek, just to ran away from the owner because we didn’t have money to pay the rent. I still remembered how she threw away her dignity by selling her body in streets. Changing from one man into another man every night. Sometimes, she even got 5 men in one night.” Kyuhyun’s mind suddenly traced back  few years ago.

 

He still remembered clearly those nights when he saw his Mom writhing in pain with several men ‘doing’ her rather harshly. It was not so rare to have sickening men asking her to have sado-masochist . And that kind of , hurted her the most. Kyuhyun knew how painful it was for her, physically and mentally.

 

‘Mom...’

‘Kyu, don’t look...ahhhh!’

‘Mommy!’

‘Kyuhyun go- Aaaahhh!!'

'Go away Kyuhyun!!’

 

A glimpse of Kyuhyun's memory haunted him. The rebel noticed how his heart started to thump madly, in the most ache he ever perceived. Only remembering about it made him shivered...and trembling in pain. The liquid inside his glass waved around randomly due to his shaky hands. God, even just a slight reminder in his head, he already felt sick and disgusted inside his system. Kyuhyun held his own body. He hugged himself tight to survive from the pain.

 

In a battle with his inner-self, Kyuhyun felt a pair of arms wrapped around his shaken body and were pulling him. Next thing he could sense was, a warmth embrace that enveloped all of his body. Lee Sungmin’s scents suddenly filled his atmosphere. And it calmed him. The blonde was sending him a comfort that calmed his whole being.

 

“Stop. Stop remembering it.” Sungmin held Kyuhyun tighter, securing the rebel as he will be stolen away if he loosen the grip.

“It was over...You’re here.” Sungmin glued their bodies together, soothing Kyuhyun with a whisper while the rebel’s head closer on to his chest.

 

Yes it was over. He shouldn’t remember about it anymore. And he supposed not to feel pain any longer.

But how come it always terrifying when he recall it?

 

“Kyuhyun...you have me now...”

The voice was so tender Kyuhyun couldn’t help to feel at ease.

 

“Share it with me, and we will face it together...”

Kyuhyun could feel a gentle kiss on his forehead. It was so warming he couldn’t help to smile.

 

Kyuhyun always had a doubt when being asked about his future. He never had plans about the next thing he wanted to do with his life. However, it wasn’t his case anymore. Kyuhyun was confident in one thing now. He wanted to keep the warmth and comfort that Lee Sungmin always provided, for the rest of his life.

 

The rebel opened his arms and folded it on Sungmin, reciprocate the other’s tight embrace. He locked their bodies securely, relied on the blonde as he snuggled deeper. “Say you’ll stay with me Min...” he mumbled.

 

The words were incoherently audible as it was voiced out on the blonde’s shirt. Yet, Sungmin heared it, very clearly. “I’ll stay with you Hyung.” He answered with a smile.

 

*****

 

“Wasn’t it supposed to be your intention to go publicly with our relationship? You were so eager to have PDA before.”

“Well, just think about it. The school’s media wanted to cover us for a whole month, and, I don’t know, you’ll have nothing to lose right?”

 

Kyuhyun was pacing his feet slowly at the hallway, taking step by step towards his own dorm, while recalling what his blonde President had been said just before he left his room.

 

Of course Kyuhyun wouldn’t have nothing to lose. It was his evil purpose at the beginning of their condition, defecting Lee Sungmin’s reputation with a gay label and having a black-listed student as a boyfriend. Now Kyuhyun had tasted to be the very center of every freaking student’s attention, it made him hesitate to appear in a crowd. Their attention were different from he usually had in Dukryang. While he received adoration’s in his home town, the rebel found the student’s stares and looks were annoying in here. Worst judgments and bad assumptions screaming from their eyes whenever he catched their gaze. Kyuhyun hated it, very much.

 

Well, aside from that, Kyuhyun also known exactly that, if they went openly with the media, the only person who would have been suffered by the effect is... Sungmin. That was why he against the idea to go publicly.

Once again, Kyuhyun had changed, in a short period of time. He found it confusing how he turned his perspective the other way around regarding the blonde. Previously, he wanted it so bad showing off to the whole school just to humilliate the President. But now, he wanted to keep it low down because he feel the need to protect him?

 

you Kyuhyun!

He cursed himself, mocking his conflicting mind that was still wandering around inside his brain.

Unfortunately, the rebel couldn’t make his final decision. Without any suspicion, Kyuhyun felt a death blow on his head. He didn't feel any pain as the blow sent him into a numb state directly and took away his conciousness. He was sprawled helplessly on the floor.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

a/n: helloooo thereee~ Have a merry merry Christmas for those who celebrate! Yaaayy! And have a blast holiday season ever! So sorry for the late update, I was trying my best to post an update since it was so hard doing it during family time. How was everyone doing? Well, I hope this update can make your holiday more enjoyable. Btw, I want to make clear something. Since I never greet or thank my subscribers or voters personally to their wall, it doesn't mean that I didn't care about all of you. It just... I don't really mind about how many subscribers/vote I got. I love to talk and discuss. As simple as that. So don't feel ignored by me okay. You're very much welcome to talk with me. Anyway, I'll stop blabbering about non-sense. Hope you will have a very great holiday and..... Happy New Yeaarr! (in advance, I'm afraid my next update will be next year! :D).

ps. For those who expected KangTeuk meeting with Kyu, sorry, it will be postponed. They will meet in a more thrilling circumstances, Kangin style! *grins*