Magnetic Monopole: The South Pole 2

Magnet

magnetic monopole is a hypothetical particle (or class of particles) that has, as its name suggests, only one magnetic pole (either a north pole or a south pole)

 

 

It did not need to take a genius to tell that Ryeowook was really pissed off right now, most definitely, because of the sudden intrusion, or rather intruder. The way he gritted his teeth rather harshly and the way his eyes glared coldly towards Kyuhyun were evidently enough. He was about to go y all the way to Kyuhyun if Sungmin did not restrained him by holding Ryeowook’s fist on the table gently, making gesture to calm him down.

 

“We are? My mistake, sorry.” The blonde President gave an apologetic look. “What can I say? Unlike you, I never been as a loverboy before.” He added with a sneer chuckle.

 

Even though the way Sungmin said those words irritated him, Kyuhyun tried not to get influenced by it. Yesterday, was humiliating enough for him. Sungmin humbled his pride with his cocky action snatching his cigarrate away. To make it even, Cho Kyuhyun needed to revenge. Therefore, he would try his best to make the President nervous and shut his pretty lips in speechless state. And the first step is, he needed to be cool headed. “Oh no worries, you definitely have the potential to be a perfect loverboy, as perfect as you always be.” He replied cynically and stood up straight. “Shall we?” he tilted his head, gesturing to go.

 

Sungmin was startled with the other’s reply, he shook his head slightly, feeling unbelievable.

He truly serious in getting my nerve...

There was a brief paused moment for Sungmin to think before he answered, in a sweet tone. “I’ll be there in 15 minutes, I still have a meeting now. Do you mind waiting?” he tugged his lips to form a smile.

 

Kyuhyun shrugged “Sure. I’ll see you at the Cafetaria. I’ll be sitting near the garden.” The dark haired man his heels “Don’t take too long babe.” He bid goodbye, waving his right hand while walking away.

 

Sungmin released a small laugh. The blonde was strangely amused with Kyuhyun today. The kiss, the hand’s holding, sudden outburst by the President’s office door, and now the lunch. That rebel was definitely has something fishy in his mind.

 

“That bastard surely know how to make a person mad in 10 seconds. What a guts!” Ryeowook’s words catched Sungmin’s attention from thinking about Kyuhyun’s strange behaviour.

 

Sungmin turned his head towards the other. He was glancing at his best friend. “Wookie, can you sense it? I think he has a hidden agenda with the ‘be my lover’ condition. And I’m sure it will harm me. There is no way he interested in me... Yesterday, before asked me to be his lover, he said that he disgusted with me.” Sungmin contracted his eyes, trying to rewind yesterday’s event.

 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes “I warned you.” He glanced at the other before released a sigh. “Well, I don’t know what his tiny little brain thinking. But one thing for sure, your image will be affected because of this situation.” Ryeowook leaned back on his chair. “Sungmin, your affair with that bastard will ruined your reputation as the President, not to metion as the most favorable student for teachers.” He narrowed his eyes towards Sungmin who seemed thinking about something.

 

Sungmin gave the other man no reply. He was thinking. Without Ryeowook said it to his face, Sungmin knew about it, he had calculated all the consequences once he received Cho Kyuhyun’s condition. Something must be sacrificed for it, and the highest bet was his reputation.

 

Everyone at the School knew how great and perfect Lee Sungmin is, and how disgrace Cho Kyuhyun is. Both of them were famous, for opposite records. Despite all that, Sungmin still said ‘would love to’ to Kyuhyun’s offer, taking a risk because he thought the relationship would be toned down, backstreet, and only few people knew about it.

 

It was out of Sungmin’s expectation that it turned out like this. The lovers condition bluntly exposed for everyone to see and to digest carefully. Boy and boy relationship was not something you see everyday right, let alone their popularity. It would be no surprise if he and Kyuhyun became the everlasting headlines of the School’s magazine. Kyuhyun and his interactions would become a public consumption at the School. Everyone would thrill to know the President’s love story, moreover with a boy, even worse, the troublemaker boy. Of course he would be judged negatively by others, especially his haters, with his decision.

 

“You are well informed that our Principal is homophobic... right?” hesitations clearly obvious in Ryeowook’s voice although the Secretary’s voice still succeeded to catch Sungmin’s attention.

 

Sungmin couldn’t hide his surprised face with the newly information. “He is?!”

 

Ryeowook raised his right palm into his forehead, hopeless with his bestfriend’s state. “I thought so.” Sometimes, Sungmin was obnouxiously clueless it irritated the Secretary the most. He expected Sungmin not that ignorant towards things that unrelated to his works “I assumed you don’t have plan on how to face the Assembly, including Principal, when they heard about your scandal?” He asked skeptically.

 

Sungmin grinned, flashing his white teeth to the boy who sat in front of him. “Well.... I don’t really think about that. I mean... It won’t be a big problem if the Assembly knew.” He shrugged “If they make it a big deal, I will say the relationship was one of my strategy to get into him and make him graduate. I guess, the Assembly won’t care as long as they get what they wanted, right?”

 

Ryeowook merely shrugged “You got a point though. Just remember...” The Secretary narrowed his eyes toward Sungmin once again “Not everyone likes you...”

 

It seemed Ryeowook read Sungmin’s mind like an open book. That was what he feared the most, judged negatively by haters or his rival and ended up getting loathed or bullied. Lee Sungmin’s image would be ruined starting from today.

 

Sungmin smiled, trying his best not too overthinking with something that might not happened in the future. “Jongwoon is definitely on his guard right now. He won’t miss this opportunity to triumphed over me.” He folded all the papers that were signed and gave it all to Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook stood up from his seat and taking all the papers from Sungmin. “Of course he will. You know that he is very infatuated with you. I bet he already make flyers right now, using your photos’ scandals, and elevating it with accusing statements.” Ryeowook peeved.

 

“Rivalry, yes. Infatuated? I guess not.” Sungmin chuckled. “Last time I checked, he was mesmerized by you.” Sungmin giggled, remembering that day when Jongwoon got speechless because of his bestfriend.

 

“Mesmerized?! Are you referring to the debate session during election?! He was getting my nerve back then, I still couldn’t believe he planned a policy to set up a 5 o’clock curfew for students. It just so stupid.” Just by reminding about that eventful day made the petite Secretary annoyed in an instant. He made his way towards the cabinet and put all the papers there.

 

It was a day Kim Ryeowook will not ever forget in his entire life. He never been so pissed and y to someone until that day. That someone was Kim Jongwoon, Senior student, a year older than Sungmin and Ryeowook, marked as the top 2 student in his year. He was well-known for 2 facts. First was his deep-velvety voice which full of passion and emotion it would make you cry when he sang a ballad. Second, was his father who happened to be the Principal of Royal Sapphire High School, Kim Jonghwa.

 

During election’s period, Jongwoon always targeted Sungmin and proclaimed himself as Sungmin’s rival, oblivious to the later if Ryeowook had not tell him. On July 13th, the school held a debate session to go for Student Council’s Presidency. There were 3 candidats, Kim Jongwoon, Kim Taeyeon and Sungmin himself. Sungmin was the only Sophomore student among the Candidates. On the third round when the Candidates had interactive discussion with the Audiences, a certain Kim Ryeowook asked about Jongwoon’s curfew policy. His policy stated that all students needed to go home and clear the School area at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. He came up with the policy since there were pretty much criminal issues happened at the school.

 

What made that day memorable was the way Ryeowook asked questions and said his arguments was, to say the least, unfriendly. His tone, choice of words and body language were provokating. He made himself clear that he against that policy and concluded that it was irrational. Having a curfew was not the solution of their securities issues.

 

Ryeowook became famous throughout the school ever since that day. Many students praised him because of his boldness and courage to confront the Principal’s son. And what happened to Jongwoon on that day? After questions and arguements being said by Ryeowook, he was paralyzed in front of all students who watched the debate. It was a silent awkward, and Jongwoon needed 5 minutes to finally said something that was not convincing either, stating that ‘curfew maybe good only for few students like us’.

 

“I see that Jongwoon’s feeling intercepted, it seemed you remember all details about him. Should I be worried?” Small giggled still audible along with Sungmin’s teasing.

 

Ryeowook gave his President a stern face. “Oh shut up! We both know that you’re the only obsession that was wandering around his stupid head.”

 

“Hmm... But you’re the only one who can bewitched him and made him change his opinion about his own policy. That was quite something don’t you think?” Sungmin was wiggling his eyebrows, he tried his best to hold his laughter, afraid his bestfriend would go sassy all the way to him.

 

Ryeowook folded his arms on his chest and stood on guard in front of Sungmin’s desk. His posture screamed hostility.

 

Sungmin lifted and opened both of his arms, making a surrender gesture. He silently made a ‘closed zipper’ movement in front of his mouth. It would be wise if he stopped saying things about Jongwoon and his Secretary now. Getting wrath from Ryeowook was the last thing he wanted.

 

Ryeowook nodded. “Thank you President.” He approved Sungmin’s choice to finally shut up. “By the way, what happened this morning? It’s very rare to see you that late.” Ryeowook suddenly changed the topic.

 

Sungmin released a tired sigh. “I stayed up late and overslept. I didn’t even hear my noisy alarm this morning.” Sungmin glanced at his clock table and stood up.

 

“And you stayed up late because...” Ryeowook was following Sungmin’s movement.

 

“Finishing schedules and work plan for Cho Kyuhyun. I studied his academic history very carefully, planned few strategies and set up a goal every week, just to make sure we were on track.” Sungmin stretched out his body. He relaxed few muscles on his back and arms.

 

Ryeowook whistled “Whoa... You’re fast. As expected from you.”

 

Sungmin smiled and walked closer to his Secretary, stopped just beside him. He felt grateful for his best friend who few months younger than him. Ryeowook was definitely a good company, he knew how to lift up Sungmin’s mood. Only when he was feeling annoyed that Sungmin wanted to get away as far as he could from him.

 

He ruffled the brown haired boy and smiled sincerely “That’s my line.”

 

Ryeowook smiled back. “Are you going to lunch with him now?”

 

Sungmin nodded. “You want to join us?”

 

Ryeowook chuckled. “I’d rather not, I don’t want to ruin my mood for the rest of the day.”

 

Sungmin released a small laugh before taking steps towards the door, leaving his Secretary in the room.

 

“Oh, President. I almost forgot.” Ryeowook sudden voice successfully stopped Sungmin from taking another steps. “The editor of school’s magazine proposed an exclusive interview with you.”

 

Sungmin glanced back to Ryeowook and narrowed his eyes. “Hyukjae?! Why so sudden? Is it about this morning?”

 

Ryeowook shrugged. “Most probably. Are you up to?”

 

Sungmin contracted his eyebrows, thinking for a few seconds before replied “Please tell him tomorrow’s lunch I’ll be available.” He took his steps again, directing it outside the room.

 

The blonde President was already on his door frame when Ryeowook said “Are you sure? Don’t you have lunch date tomorrow with him?”

 

He halted once again and expanded his lips a little, forming a smile “It’s Hyukjae’s luck then to have the it couple interviewed at once.” Then he continued walking, to the direction of Cafetaria building, where his lovers already waited for him.

 

*****

 

Sungmin managed a slow pace to the Cafetaria building, taking his time to enjoy the scenery of his school. He absolutely needed refreshment before he came face to face with Cho Kyuhyun, discussing many issues they needed to discuss, especially this morning scene.

 

Along the journey, he noted something unusual. Of course many students still greeted him, which he replied with his warm smile, but he also spotted several judging looks and whispers throughout the air. It was inevitable, and Sungmin understood why that happened after the whole commotion this morning. And whether he likes it or not, the atmoshpere would definitely increased again during his lunch date, at the Cafetaria.

 

Locating Cho Kyuhyun was extremely easy for Sungmin. The dark haired boy sat leisurely at the middle bench near the garden, his back was leaning on the table. Before Sungmin approached his so-called lover, the President shoved his feet to the food stall, lining up to get something for his grumbled stomach.

 

Cho Kyuhyun almost fell asleep when he suddenly felt his half litted cigarrate being taken away from his mouth. A soft voice followed after. “I mean it when I say this is bad for your health.” Kyuhyun knew that voice, the voice that haunted him since yesterday. The same voice that won’t leave his head even if he forced it.

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and turned his body around on the bench, facing a blonde man who was putting his tray and making himself comfortable to sit in front of him. He recalled on what happened this morning, when he successfully making the President speechless and stunned. The feeling was so great that he triumphed inside, unconciously forming a smirk on his lips.

 

The way Cho Kyuhyun smirkly stared, or rather glared, at him was overwhelming. It was too intimidating for Sungmin to handle. He tried his best to ignore it, making himself busy with setting up his lunch cutlery on the table. When Sungmin mentally ready enough to glance up, Kyuhyun’s stare still lingered.

 

He tried his best to maintain his own breath when their eyes suffocated each other. His nervousness was at the peak point. For Sungmin, the feelings were like a mix of having a debate session during Presidency election, defending in front of the Assembly and having a final match in national taekwondo’s championship.

 

For the sake of his own mental health, the blonde President broke the eye contact and looked down on his plate, distracting himself by preparing some nutritions into his body. With a sweaty hand, Sungmin took his chopstick and grabbed his bowl of rice. A barely empty tray in front of him caught his attention. He recognized that Kyuhyun’s food tray only contained cola and bread.

 

The tensions in his body slowly disappeared, and it was soon replaced with curiosity. Sungmin glanced up to Kyuhyun. “Are you usually have those for lunch?” he pointed Kyuhyun’s tray with his chopstick.

 

Kyuhyun bowed down, following Sungmin’s gaze to his own tray. He shrugged “Rarely, I usually have 4 cigars for lunch.”

 

Sungmin startled with Kyuhyun’s reply. He focused on his meal again. Using a spoon, Sungmin took a meat and vegetables into his bowl, then mixed it rice. “That explained why you’re so skinny.”

 

Kyuhyun was about to elaborate more, maybe argued Sungmin’s statement a little. He could not allow himself to do it because his opened mouth that was supposed to voice out something, suddenly welcomed with food. Spoonfull of Sungmin’s meals filled his mouth.

 

“I want my lover to be healthy, not skinny.” The blonde culprit who was holding a spoon, feeding Kyuhyun, smiled.

 

Sungmin didn’t miss the shocked expression Kyuhyun shown him. He took back his spoon and Kyuhyun started to swallow, digesting all the nutrition in his mouth. Sungmin smiled wider, he congratulated himself for the positive respond the other boy gave him.

 

Actually, it was also shocking for Sungmin since he did not intend to feed the other boy. It was impulsive of him. When he heard about Kyuhyun’s regular lunch menu, he spontaneously reacted that way, shoved his meal into Kyuhyun’s mouth. He kind of presumed Kyuhyun would resist. It was more shocking for Sungmin to see Kyuhyun complied, swallowing the meal silently. The blonde President felt proud of Kyuhyun with his cooperation act. He definitely deserved a credit at that.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

a/n: I hope Yesung's character did not make the clouds hated me *tee hee*

Anyway, hope this one enjoyable.