North Pole and South Pole

Magnet

 

“My, oh my, what did I dream last night to have the honor of being visited by the most perfect man in Royal Sapphire...”  said a young man, lips smirking cockily. He was lying down with his back flat onto the ground under a huge tree that shadowed almost all of his face. The man was half asleep with both arms crossed together below his head, using it as a pillow. Half opened-book was covering his eyes and half-litted cigarrate stucked between his lips. He inhaled the cigarrate while sleeping, only proving himself and everyone else that he mastered the art of smoking.

“Nah, let me rephrase... The most perfect man on...earth.” light chuckle ended his sentence, definitely the mocking type of chuckle.

 

Another young man, who was being labelled as ‘the most perfect’, was walking closer to the former. His feature was very prestige, totally neat and composed even though his mind was jumbling around, wondering about something. He leaned down and took the book covering the former's face calmly. What he found afterwards were a pair of eyes, closing, with right amount of eyebrows, not too thick, but dense enough to escalate the handsome feature of the lying young man.

“Cho Kyuhyun...” the most perfect young man called before he took the cigarrate from the other in a swift motion.

“No smoking outside the smoking lounge in this school.” he took a small leaves scaterred around on the grass and squeezed the cigarrate against it until the light perished.

 

The young man, with a name of Cho Kyuhyun, was alarmed when his cigar got snatched away from his mouth. He hissed and opened his eyes to glare at the culprit. His vision saw a young man with blonde hair, hovering him.

 

*thumped*

His heart throbbed loudly, and his body started to get hot. Blood was rushing to his brain, making his body intensified in anger.

It happened again. Actually, it always happened like this, the uncomfortable feeling he felt in his system whenever the blonde young man was near him. Cho Kyuhyun realized it from the first time their eyes caught each other. The feeling intrigued him, pissing him off. And that, the uncomfortable feeling, was the reason why he really hated the blonde young man who happened to be the most popular and respected person in school. The last two facts were making him hating the blonde more.

 

Kyuhyun got up abruptly to sit and gave the blonde a hard stare. He gritted his teeth and growled. “Are you looking for trouble, Mr. President?”

 

The aura of hostility from Cho Kyuhyun was clear with the way he asked, and the blonde could feel the danger behind his question. Despite the negative aura, the blonde still managed to form a polite smile and answered.

“If you define yourself as trouble, then yes, I’m looking for it.” His smile was getting wider, warming the dark situation surround them.

 

Since the day he read Cho Kyuhyun’s profile, he already had a feeling that the trouble maker guy would disturb his life. The feeling got stronger when he saw him in class for the first time. He wouldn't forget it the time when their eyes met for the first time. He offered a bright smile to Cho Kyuhyun, only got replied with defiant cold stare reflecting from the latter's dark eyes. It frightened him a little, even though he didn't show it because he managed to keep his smile on his face. They spent quite a long time staring at each other, eyes to eyes, orbs to orbs, until one of his classmate tugged his arm lightly, asking for his attention. Since then, he was still smiling at Cho Kyuhyun everytime their eyes met, despite the cold stare and angry expression emerged from the other.

 

“You have guts, President. Got bored with your pretty face and want my fist to decorate something on it?” Kyuhyun tugged his leg, and rose up to stand on his feet. Using both hands, he was clearing several strands of grass sticking on his pants. “I would love to have the honor of doing it.”

 

“Well, you’re the one who assumed things, Cho Kyuhyun. I never said you’re a trouble unless you called it yourself.” The-so-called-president's bright smile dissapeared and got replaced with serious expression. His foxy eyes were staring intently at Kyuhyun.

They were staring at each other for few seconds before he released a heavy breath. “I’m sorry if I offended you, however... I need to talk to you. Can you wait for me here at 5 o’clock?”

 

Cho Kyuhyun clearly didn’t expect the President’s sudden apology. To be honest, it was not the first time he got surprised by the President’s action. His fists, ready to be released before, were kept in place. Instead, Kyuhyun crossed his arms on his chest.

“This is rare, you want to TALK to me?” he smirked and tilted his head, as if trying to study the President in front of him. “Aren’t we talking now? Just say what you want to say.” He clearly challenged.

 

“President!! The assembly is ready, you are expected to be there in 10 minutes.” There was a shout from another student with small posture and brown hair, standing few meters away from them.

 

The so called president was looking over behind his shoulder and replied the brown hair student with a smile. “Thank you secretary, I’m on my way.” He glanced back to Cho Kyuhyun before he started taking his leave. “I have meeting in a minute, therefore the talk must wait. I expect, and I really appreciate if you wait here and have a talk with me.”

 

“Tell me the reason why do I must listen to you?” Kyuhyun argued. It was a well-known fact that Cho Kyuhyun was a stubborn.

 

And of course, the President knew that well-known fact. “Because I have the authority to be listened. You admitted it yourself by calling me President.” With that, he closed the conversation between them, his heels, and walked away from Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled in mocking tone. Again, he got surprised by this person, the so called President, who had the nerve to answer him, and never seemed afraid of him. “You are cocky son of a aren’t you, President Lee Sungmin?” He shouted eagerly, making sure the other, who was walking further away, heard it.

 

Sungmin smiled amusingly and shook his head with unbelievable expression. It was unbelievable because it happened for the first time. It was the first time for him being cursed and called as ‘son of a ’. No one called him that before. Everyone always praised him, and complimented him with good words. As insulting as it seems, Lee Sungmin didn’t get mad. He didn't need to, because he knew Cho Kyuhyun would make fun of him. The trouble maker guy would make Sungmin's life hard before he complied with Sungmin's request to wait and have a talk.

 

*****

 

Lee Sungmin, 17 years old Sophomore student, is the most famous student in Royal Sapphire High School. He is the President of the student bodies, which can be achieved through election and usually won by Senior student. Sungmin has remarkable grade, marked as the best 3 student in his year, crowned enormous achievements in taekwondo and modern art since junior high, and most importantly, gifted with stunning physical appearance. People define him as handsome, beautiful, pretty, charming, adorable and many adjective words in positive meaning. Describing this young man is like writing a story, one page will never be enough to do him justice.

 

Start from the head, Lee Sungmin possessed a blonde hair with side-bangs in regular short-haircut style. He has a pair of mesmerizing black eyes that always shining and radiating happiness. His eyes are big and sharp, many girls called it ‘foxy-eyes’. His nose is perfectly pointed, especially when you look at it from the side angle. His jaw is in a moderate shape, not round or too bevel, just enough. His mouth area is the one that make people fall head over heels for this young man. He has the perfect shape of lips, the so called m-shape lips that will enchant someone, anyone, man or woman, to have a taste of it or at least, to touch it. The color of his lips also doesn’t help to escape the magic of his lips. It is a perfect mixture of peach and pink, and it will remind people of sakura petals. To wrap his appearance as a perfect man on earth is, his skin that represent suppleness; milky white, slightly pale, but still bright. Once you have a contact with Sungmin's skin, you will never forget the feeling and definitely will crave for more.

 

Being the only son of Lee Sunghyun, the owner and the founder of Lee Enterprise, Lee Sungmin has a bright future ahead of him, the billionaire wannabe. Lee Enterprise is one of the powerful company in South Korea; dominating building construction business; owning mineral industries; and having several food business in big cities, outside or inside the country. Lee Enterprise also one of the founder and has the biggest share in SM Enterprise. The company is so supreme in South Korea. Rumor has it, Lee Enterprise has the political influence to control the government and house of representative.

 

“What the is this?” Kyuhyun muttered, rolling his eyes while holding a school magazine that he found at the main lobby of his school. He just read an article about Royal Sapphire Student Council’s President and got sick to death at the third paragraph of twenty. He cursed himself for having a decision to read about Lee Sungmin, a person who tickled his curiosity since their first conversation two hours ago.

“This is bull. Such a charm-digger.” He crumpled the magazine and threw it away recklessly. His lips were smirking when he was walking. In his mind, he was wondering, it would be nice to smack the writer of the article as a payback for making him nauseous.

Yes, it would be nice. Then, Cho Kyuhyun dragged his steps to Journalistic club room. In his mind, he only had two things, finding the writer of the article and landing his fist on the writer's face.

 

*****

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, a student who study, or rather called stuck, in Royal Sapphire High School for 2 years as Senior student. This year is his third year in Senior class and also his last chance to finish high school before the school drop him out. Just like you, Lee Sungmin, Cho Kyuhyun is also famous in our school, but for a different reason. Often make a trouble with and for other students such as fighting, bullying, and other physical harrasment. Got blacklisted once in the shopping area for properties damage. Several times showing up with bruises, torn uniform, even, eeww... bleeding face??? Are you sure you want to do this, President?” The small young man with brown hair asked. He had disgusting expression on his face after he read fact sheets about Cho Kyuhyun.

 

The President, who was busy signing papers on his chair, halted for a moment and looked accross his working table, where the brown hair young man stood. He gave him a soft smile, just like usual.

“It’s the third time you asked that question, and, the answer is still the same, yes, my dear Secretary. Now, could you please continue to read that for me?” He resumed his job to sign the papers again.

 

Brown hair Secretary cleared his throat before he continued reading the fact sheets on his hand. “Surprisingly, he joined few clubs before like science club, soccer, gymnastic and traditional martial arts club. Whoa... That’s indeed surprising.”

 

The President also agreed with his secretary, those facts were surprising. He never thought Cho Kyuhyun as a club-type student.

“Academic history grade?” The President suddenly asked with much curiousity.

 

His Secretary flipped few pages to find the academic information section. “Nothing much... Well, what do you expect from a student that have been in high school for almost 5 years?” The Secretary gave him a cynical reply.

 

Sungmin looked up at his Secretary again and asked “How many pages of that fact sheets?”

 

The Secretary counted. “Hmm... Around 10. Are you going to read it yourself?” Being friends with Sungmin for 3 years since Junior High, and almost a year as his Secretary, the Secretary of Student Council knew what would happen next if Sungmin asked about a thickness of document.

 

Sungmin gave him a smile before he answered. “You knew me very well, Kim Ryeowook.”

 

Ryeowook smiled in return, he took steps towards stationaries cabinet to find a decent map, to keep the fact sheets. He was walking back to Sungmin’s desk when he asked. “What time are you going to meet him?” He handed the map to the President.

 

Sungmin received the map and glanced at his clock table. “In 25 minutes.” He replied.

Done with the papers on the table, Sungmin collected them together, clearing his table, and released a tiring sigh.

 

“I’ll take it as a cue for our high tea?” Ryeowook suddenly proposed. He also knew Sungmin too well that when he sighed like that, he needed tea or coffee. Tea during the afternoon and the evening, and coffee in the morning. Ryeowook started to walk to the cabinet where the ingredients and materials for their high tea session was stored.

 

Sungmin made a chuckle. “What can I do without you my dear Secretary? You really know me too well to the point that I got scared with that.” He amused with his own jokes.

 

Ryeowook just glanced over at Sungmin and smiled before he continued to place the tea set on the small lounge area in the room.

“Sungmin, do me a favor?” he suddenly asked.

 

Sungmin glanced at his Secretary and hummed, waiting with expectation.

 

“Please be careful with this task... I heard that Cho Kyuhyun is a hard case, and involves with gangs and mafias around the big cities. That’s why all people never touch him here.” Ryeowook said while setting up the table.

“I will definitely contact Kangin Hyung and Leeteuk Hyung when things get ugly.”

 

Even Ryeowook did not say it, Sungmin already knew and aware of it before he made his decision for this task. He accepted the task since he got curious of the famous Cho Kyuhyun. There was something about this guy, something peculiar that made Lee Sungmin feeling unusual. He challenged himself with this task.

Clattering sounds of the ceramics tea set bought Sungmin's senses back to reality.

“I know Wookie. Thank you.” He smiled in return, feeling grateful of his bestfriend.

 

Finished with pouring the tea and placing the biscuits, the Secretary smiled softly. “It’s ready, President.”

 

*****

 

 

 

 

a/n:
Hello Readers,
Finally have the guts to post a story here. This is my first experience to write Kyumin. I hope I do them justice... I still don't know how long this is going to be.
Well, just want to say hope you enjoy the story! :)