Call Me!

Chasing Dreams

When Jessica woke up this morning, she found someone in her embrace. Because she is used to sleep alone, she is shocked. She screamed and kicked the unidentified person out of her bed. Jessica realized her mistake when she heard a whinning voice from her victim. “Unnie, why did you kick me?”

Jessica startled and rushed to Taeyeon’s side. “Oh My God, Taenggoo. I’m sorry. Unnie isn’t used to sleep accompanied by someone so I’m shocked and kicked you out of reflex.” Jessica helped Taeyeon to sit on the bed then kneeling to inspect Taeyeon’s body for any wound while saying sorry repeatedly.

Taeyeon saw Jessica’s apologetic face then smile. She hold Jessica’s hands that inspecting her self then pulled Jessica. She hugged Jessica then whisper gently. “I’m alright, Unnie. No harm done and I understand your reason.” Taeyeon loosen the hug, leaned forward to pecked Jessica’s cheek then said brightly,”Good morning, Unnie.”

Jessica chuckled seeing Taeyeon’s bright expression. She leaned forward and pecked Taeyeon’s cheek too. “Good morning, Taenggoo. Let’s wash up so we could have breakfast then get going to work. You do have to go to your company today, right?” Jessica asked when she has straightened her body.

Taeyeon nodded then burried her face on Jessica’s stomach with her arms circling Jessica’s waist. “I have to go to work everyday. Let’s stay like this for five minutes. Hugging Unnie is like a recharging power for me. I don’t know when we will meet again, so let me get my battery full.”

Jessica giggled when she heard Taeyeon’s cute reason. She hugged Taeyeon’s head with one hand and her back with the other. Don’t know when we would met again, huh? Why do I feel sad thinking I can’t meet this cutie ball? After a while Jessica hear a soft snoring. She look at Taeyeon’s face and found she has fallen a sleep. Jessica chuckled and said in a hushed voice,”I don’t know why do I let you sleep while I’m standing like this but I’ll give you ten more minutes, cutie ball.”

Jessica combed Taeyeon’s hair gently using her fingers while humming softly. She felt serene in this position. Ten minutes pass by and Jessica half heartedly wake Taeyeon. Jessica hugged Taeyeon then rocked her body gently. “Wake up Dongsaengie.. You’ll be late..”

Taeyeon stirred when she felt Jessica’s movement. She whinned like a child being forced to wake up and go to school. “Unnie, Taenggoo is still sleepy. Five more minutes, pleaseee?” Taeyeon look up at Jessica and show her wide round innocent puppy eyes and pouting. Taeyeon felt really sleepy so she do an aegyo unconsciously.

Jessica bit her lip hard when she saw Taeyeon’s adorable aegyo. She wanted to let Taeyeon sleeping for five more minutes but that would make Taeyeon and her self late for work. Jessica sighed sadly and hold both of Taeyeon’s cheeks gently. “I’m sorry, Dongsaengie. Right now we only have thirty minutes to prepared our self and get ready to work. If you sleeping once again, we will be late. I have an important meeting with a film director this morning.”

Taeyeon released her hug on Jessica’s waist and crossed her arms. She furrowed her brows and puffed her cheeks while looked at her side, doesn’t want to look at Jessica. “Hmph, you prefer meeting than me. Fine, suit your self.”

Jessica saw Taeyeon’s antics then giggled. She cupped Taeyeon’s face then made her looked at Jessica. “I’m really sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I’ll be an irresponsible person if I neglected my duty just to having fun with my little sister, right? You don’t want me to be an irresponsible person, right?”

Taeyeon realized that her action is childish so she smile apologetically and hold Jessica’s hands that cupped her face. “I’m sorry for being selfish, Jessica Unnie. I won’t do it again. Let’s get ready for work. I’ll be use the bathroom first.” Taeyeon released Jessica’s hands from her face and stood up. She walked quickly to the bathroom and closed the door. Taeyeon washing while cursing herself mentally. Why did you do that, Kim Taeyeon? You’re just a little sister for her. Stop being a spoiled child. You have no right to make her being troubled.

Jessica look at the closed bathroom door while frowning. She sighed sadly. “Why did it turned out this way? I didn’t asked her to stop acting clingy to me. I like the feeling of Taeyeon clinging to me. Stupid mouth for can’t explained clearly my intention.”

Jessica snapped back to reality when she felt Taeyeon tapping her shoulder. She saw that Taeyeon has a polite smile and told her that she could use the bathroom now and she also reminded her that the time is ticking away. Jessica nodded her head stiffly then do her business in the bathroom.

Taeyeon took her smartphone and text a driver to picked her up. When the text has been sent, she wear her clothes and boots that Jessica took off from her last night. Taeyeon walked out the bedroom then sit on the couch to wait Jessica finished her shower.

Jessica walk out her bathroom and found Taeyeon isn’t in her room anymore. Jessica panicked so she rushed outside her bedroom. She stopped when she saw Taeyeon sit on her couch.

Taeyeon received a text from her driver, saying that he has arrived. Taeyeon sighed and slumped her shoulder dejectedly. She turned her head to look at bedroom direction when she hear the door being opened harshly. She smile then get up.

Taeyeon walked and stopped in front of Jessica. She bowed and said,”Jessica Unnie, my driver has arrived so I will go now. Thank you for having me last night. Good bye, Jessica Unnie.” Taeyeon bowed, smile a little to Jessica then turned around. with every step that she took, it felt like her heart broke little by little. When her hand touched the door handle, she felt a pair of arms circling her waist.

Jessica saw Taeyeon’s retreating figure and has a feeling that she won’t saw Taeyeon anymore if the end is like this. Jessica run to Taeyeon then back hugged her. “Call me. When you have a break or free, call me. I won’t mind no matter how late you will call me. I like having you around, Taenggoo.” Jessica released the hug and goes in front of Taeyeon. She pulled Taeyeon’s head then kissed her cheek. Jessica then Taeyeon’s face softly using her thumbs. “Promise me that today won’t be the last time we meet.”

Taeyeon could feel most of burden in her heart lifted when she heard Jessica’s request and confession. She nodded her head obediently, hold Jessica’s hand then kissed her palm. “I promise I will call you when I have a free time, Unnie. Now go and prepared your self. It is almost time for you to go to the meeting and I have to go too.”

Jessica stepped aside to let Taeyeon walk out her house. Jessica’s uneasiness feeling still linger. She watched Taeyeon’s car leave her house. When the car is out from her sight, she sighed and continue her preparation. She has a feeling that today would be a long day for her.

--------------------------------

Jessica walked back and forth anxiously in her bedroom while looking at her phone intently. she looked at the clock and it shows ten o’clock in the evening. Jessica groaned frustatingly then closed her eyes. The reason for Jessica’s behavior is Taeyeon. Taeyeon hasn’t called her or texted her all day. Although it is ridiculous, Jessica felt upset because Taeyeon has been M.I.A all day. Jessica can’t take it anymore so she decided to call Taeyeon.

“I thought we were alright? If we are alright, why didn't she call me? Arghh!! Don’t angry, Jessica. Maybe Taeyeon had a really packed schedule. Let’s hear her story first.” Jessica calmed her self while waiting for her call to be answered. Not long, her call is answered. “Hello, Unnie?” Taeyeon greeted Jessica happily. “Hi, Taenggoo. Where are you now? Have you had your dinner?” Jessica asked with a forced calm voice. “Ah, I’m driving to somewhere right now and I’m going to have my dinner.” “Is that, right? Are you busy today?” Jessica’s voice raised a little when she heard Taeyeon’s answer. “No, I’m just looking around my garden.”

Jessica felt really upset right now. “If you are not busy, then why don’t you called me? I have waited all day for your call! I can’t concentrate, I can’t eat, I was holding my phone all day long because I was afraid I will missed your called! Looks like I’m the only one that feel like that. I’m sorry for my outburst. Good night, Taenggoo…”

Before Jessica could disconnect the call, Taeyeon shout,”Wait, Unnie! Before you ended the call, please open your door. I’m outside your house right now.” Then the call ended. Jessica tossed her phone then sprinting to her front door. She open the door hastily and found a smiling Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t call you all day. Although I’m just looking around my garden, I have ten gardens that needed my attention and It was nine thirty by the time I finished. So instead of calling you, I decided to come and have dinner with you, Unnie. I’m smart, right?” Taeyeon finished her explaination then smile brightly.

Jessica pulled Taeyeon inside her house, took the foods from Taeyeon’s hands, put it on the floor then throw herself at Taeyeon. She hugged Taeyeon tightly and inhale Taeyeon’s scent as much as she could. “Finally, I felt like I’m home.” Jessica whisper. Jessica burried her face on Taeyeon’s neck when she felt Taeyeon returned her hug. “You don’t know how afraid I was when you didn’t call me.”

Taeyeon kissed Jessica’s crown head then patted her back comfortingly. “Why are you afraid, Unnie?”

Jessica frowned and asked her self. Yeah, why was I afraid? Jessica thought hard but she can’t find her answer so she pushed her self out of the hug and crossed her arms. “I don’t know why and don’t make me think hard for that question. You are guilty for making me waited all day and had a bad mood. As a punishment, you will sleep here tonight and accompany me to sleep. Now let’s have our dinner, I’m hungry.” Jessica then turned around and walked arrogantly like a boss.

Taeyeon saw Jessica’s bipolar antics then smile. What a cute bipolar princess. Taeyeon picked up all the food and go to the dining room where her princess unnie waiting impatiently.