Give Me A Chance

Chasing Dreams

Jessica sat leisurely on the couch while thinking about Taeyeon. She looked so insecure and sad when we talked about Nicky. Sigh. Maybe I shouldn’t tell her that much. If only I can meet him now and give him a proper closure, I won’t think about him anymore. Taenggoo shouldn’t feel insecure though. I love her more than anything in this world.

Jessica is still reminiscing about yesterday incident and Taeyeon’s sad expression when her phone rang. She look at the screen and find that Taeyeon calls her. She smile widely and answer,”Hello, Taenggoo! Lunch at the restaurant? Sure! Do you want me to go to your office first or we meet there? Alright, don’t forget to text me the address.” After the call ended, Jessica skip happily to her bedroom. “Hmm.. what should I wear today? Ah, casual look will be good enough. I will talk to Taenggoo about her insecurity later and assure her how much I love her. Hehehehe…”

Jessica entered the restaurant and look around to spot her lover but find her ex-boyfriend instead. All the guilt in Jessica’s heart burst so she hug Nicky tight and cries her heart out. “I’m sorry, Nicky. I’m sorry.” Jessica feel Nicky pat her head and then lead her inside his office. Nicky ask her to sit and calm herself before they talk.

Unfortunately, just when Jessica has calmed, Nicky got a call from his boss and asked him to finish his presentation in four hours. Jessica has no other choice than sit and waiting patiently. Jessica take her phone out when she hear the ringtone. Jessica look at her phone anxiously. She has forgotten about her lunch date with Taeyeon. Oh my God. What should I do? If she knows I’m inside my ex-boyfriend’s office, she will be sad and jealous. Maybe lying is a better option. So Jessica lied to Taeyeon. She didn’t realize that her lie going to lead through a heart break.

The day has turn to night when Nicky has finished his work so they decided to talk about their broke up in Jessica’s house. When they have settled inside the car, Nicky start the conversation. “I know you want to apologize. I accept it. You don’t have to worry about me, I have someone that I love now.”

Jessica turned to Nicky with happy and relieved expression then asked,”Oh? Congratulation, Nicky. I’m happy because you forgive me and find someone new. Who is she?”

Nicky smile sheepishly and said,”It’s a he. Somehow I realize that I like man more than woman.”

Jessica’s eyes widened in surprise then laugh maniacally. “Hahahahaha! Oh my God! Let me tell you a secret too. I’m having a relationship with a woman right now and I felt a happiness that I never felt before. Maybe our break up is destined so we could find the one that we love dearly.” Jessica sigh in happiness when she think about Taeyeon while Nicky shake his head when he saw his hopeless ex-girlfriend.

When they arrive, thay walk hand on hand to the house because Jessica have known her ex-boyfriend’s new preference. It felt like holding hand with her other girl friends. They are now settled on the couch and chat happily when there’s a knock on the door. Jessica opened it and surprise when she found Taeyeon. Jessica panicked. She doesn’t want Taeyeon to think bad things about her if she found there’s a man inside her house and she didn’t tell Taeyeon about it so she decided to give Taeyeon her second lies today.

Jessica peek from the window after she close the door. She wants to look at Taeyeon a little longer. She frown when she saw Taeyeon’s dejected form and shaking shoulder. Wait, is she crying? Did I say something wrong when I reject her dinner offer?

“You shouldn’t lied, Jessica.” Nicky said while looking at the same direction that Jessica saw. “I assumed that she is your girlfriend?” When Jessica nodded her head, Nicky sigh. “She knew you lied.”

Jessica turn to Nicky and ask anxiously. “How do you know that she knew?”

“I saw her sitting in her car outside my restaurant and follow us here. I think you have hurt your girlfriend.”

Jessica paled then pacing anxiously. “Oh my God! She knew I lied to her on the first call but she said nothing and now she knew I lied to her again and yet she keep mum. What should I do? I hurt her so bad!” Jessica turned to Nicky and said,”I’m sorry, Nicky. I think we have to reschedule our conversation. I have a bad feeling that I will lose her. I’m going to her house now.”

Nicky smile assuring Jessica and said,”It’s alright. I miss my boyfriend too.”

Jessica nodded impatiently then rush to Taeyeon’s house. Please be okay, Taenggoo. Please forgive me. Please don’t leave me.

Yoona barge inside Taeyeon’s bedroom and found her Taeyeonnie curled on the bed while crying her heart out. She sit beside Taeyeon and pull her into her embrace. “Stop crying, Taenggoo. I’ll be sad if you cry like this. You don’t want me to sad and make my unborn baby sad too, right?”

Taeyeon nod her head obediently and mumble,”Of course I don’t want you or your baby feeling sad.” Taeyeon stay quiet for a while then suddenly sit up straight. She look at Yoona with wide eyes and stuttered,”B-B-Baby?! You are pregnant? How could you pregnant? between woman and woman can make a baby too? No, wait. That’s impossible. Then how could she pregnant?” Taeyeon think of something then shout accusingly. “Im Yoona! Are you cheating on Yul?!”

Yoona roll her eyes then smack the back of Taeyeon’s head. “Babo! I’m not cheating nor I’m pregnant. I just want to make you stop crying. I hate seeing you cry.”

Taeyeon sigh in relief then her pain back once again. She smile sadly at Yoona and said,”Thank you, Yoong. I’ll be fine. I’m sure my pain will be gone as time goes by. I’m sorry for crying my heart to you and make you worry.” Taeyeon smile sadly and clutch her pained heart when she remember Jessica’s lies just now.

“I thought she is the one. I thought I will spend the rest of my life with her. I thought we will be together forever. But I guess I thought wrong.” Taeyeon give Yoona a shaky smile and said sadly,”You should’ve told me how hurt it is a broken heart so I won’t fall too deep to her, so I will guard my heart better, so I won’t feel this pain.” Taeyeon felt tears run on her cheeks then she cry once again. She grabbed Yoona’s shirt and shake her. “You should’ve told me that happily ever after is only in fairytale! You should’ve let me be when I forget about her! You shouldn’t made me met her!”

Yoona broke in to tears when she saw her friend’s state. She hug Taeyeon tightly and whisper,”I’m sorry, Taeyeonnie. I’m sorry. This is all my fault. I’m sorry you have to felt this pain. I’m sorry.”

Taeyeon pound Yoona’s back and cry louder. “I don’t want this pain! I don’t want to be hurt! I don’t want my heart to be broke like this! I hate this feeling!” Taeyeon stop pounding then hug Yoona tightly while scream her heart out. “Take it away, Yoong! Take the pain away! It hurt too much! I can’t take it anymore! She broke my heart, Yoong. But even after what she did, my heart still yearn for her. What should I do, Yoong? I don’t want to lose her. I love her too much. I can’t let her go. I can’t.”

Jessica arrived at Taeyeon’s house then rush in when she found the door is not locked. Just when she enter, she hear Taeyeon’s sad cries. Jessica stand near the door and heard Taeyeon cried for her broken heart. Jessica cry because she made her love one cried. Taeyeon’s mourn is too heartbreaking that she unconsciously start clenching her pained heart. I’m sorry Taenggoo. I never meant to make you cry. I wanted to protect you by lying. Don’t let me go, Taenggoo. Jessica stand up then walk slowly inside the bedroom.

Taeyeon turned to the door when she felt another person’s presence. She jerk back from the hug when she saw Jessica. She shake her head furiously and shout,”No! No no! I don’t want to hear it! I don’t want to hear you breaking up with me! You love me! You said you won’t leave me. I don’t want to breaking up with you. Don’t come here and end this relationship. I don’t want it! I don’t want!” Taeyeon run to the corner of her room then curled while crying. “I shouldn’t arrange the meeting. I shouldn’t ask about her first love. This is my fault. This is all my fault! Sica will leave me because of my stupidity! No No!”

Jessica saw her devastated lover’s condition and sob louder. She try to walk closer to Taeyeon but she saw Taeyeon flinch and getting more anxious.

“No! Don’t come closer! I will pretend that today never happen! I will pretend I never call you! I will pretend I never heard your lies! So don’t come to break up with me. I don’t want to hear it!”

“Taenggoo..” Jessica try to speak but she cut by Taeyeon’s loud shout. “No!” she saw Taeyeon cover her ears using her palms and burry her head in between her knees.

Yoona saw Taeyeon’s unstable state so she grab Jessica’s hand and drag her out. She push Jessica to the couch and glare. “I didn’t give you my blessing to broke her heart! You shouldn’t try to win her heart if you are going to use her as a rebound!”

“I’m not!” Jessica stand up and explain desperately,”I love Taeyeon with all my heart! I don’t have any feeling to Nicky! I lied because I knew how insecure and sad Taeyeon about him. I thought if I can give him a closure without Taeyeon’s knowledge, everything will be fine. I though it is better if Taeyeon didn’t know about it because it is not something important!”

Yoona scoff and stare Jessica hard in the eyes. “If it is not something important, you shouldn’t lied! Everything about you is important for Taeyeon. Do you actually think that you met your ex-boyfriend accidentally? Taeyeon arrange it for you! She asked Yuri to found out where he is! She hope you can be freed from your guilt and live a happy life yet you lied to her? Taeyeon had a trust issue. When she was in middle school, her bestfriend betrayed her and told everyone all her secret just to be a part of popular group! She was bullied and humiliated in front of her bestfriend and she didn’t do anything to defended Taeyeon! Taeyeon felt so betrayed that she went mute for one month! She lost herself, she can’t believe that her best friend would do that. She didn’t eat, she didn’t sleep, she looked at ceiling all day and drown in to her sorrow, alone! I can’t let her through that phase anymore. I will make sure she forget about you. Just leave. I promise Taeyeon that I won’t do anything that could harm you so you better leave when I’m still being good.”

Jessica shocked when she heard Taeyeon’s ugly experience but she felt fear inside her hear when she heard Yoona’s words. She look at Yoona and asked,”What do you mean you will make her forget about me?”

Yoona looked at Jessica coldly and said,”I will find someone that could mend her heart, that will love her and stay by her side forever.”

Jessica shook her head and dropped to her knees. She cried then hugged Yoona’s leg. “No! Please don’t do that! I can’t leave without her! I know I’m wrong! Please forgive me. You can hit me, kick me, stab me but don’t take Taeyeon from me. Don’t make her forget about her love for me. I’m sorry I lied but please give me a chance. I can’t leave without her! I can’t!” Jessica cry out of fear to lose Taeyeon and keep begging. “Please don’t. I know I’m wrong. I’m sorry.”

Yoona sighed seeing how desperate Jessica is. One side, she hates her for making her friend cry but the other side, she can feel how much she love her friend and how sorry she is. Yoona make Jessica sit on the couch and said,”I won’t make her forget but It’s not my decision whether Taeyeon wants to give you another chance or not. Until Taeyeon ask you to meet her, please don’t appear on her sight.  She is in her vulnerable state now. I hope you understand. Please go home now.”

Jessica had her head hug low and stand up. Right before she turn her body to the door, she heard Taeyeon calls her. “She doesn’t need to do that. I will give her my decision now.I'm sorry for being selfish and want to keep you by myside. I will let you go.” Jessica snap her head to Taeyeon and shake it. “No, you didn’t mean it, Taenggoo. I know you still love me. You are just hurt because I lied. No, I won’t accept your decision. I won’t break up with you! I won’t let you go.” Jessica sobbed and said desperately. “You can’t let me go, Taenggoo. I will die without you. I don’t want to live without you.”

Taeyeon give Jessica a crooked sad smile and said,”I love you, Sica. I do. But my heart hurt so much because of your lies. Everytime I see your face or hear your voice or remember you, my heart will break again and again. I can’t stand the pain. I can’t. It’s too much.”

“But we have lots of happy memories together! Can’t you give me a chance? Give me three months. Just three months! If until three months end, and you still can’t trust me, I will... I-I..” Jessica choked in her tears and whisper in sad tone. “I will let you leave me..”

Taeyeon’s heart broke when she saw Jessica’s tears. The pain is even greater than when she heard Jessica’s lies. I must be crazy for do this. Taeyeon turn around to the bedroom and said,”Three months. Do your best. Earn my trust back, Sica.” I love you.

Jessica dropped to her knees in relieved and sadness. “I will. I will do anything to earn it back. I’m sorry, Taenggoo. I’m sorry.”

“I have given you what you want, now please kindly leave. I’m tired and I have lots of works that I need to do tomorrow. I need my rest.” Taeyeon said coldly then enter her bedroom. Please take care, Sica.

Jessica saw Taeyeon’s retreated figure with sad eyes. Good night, Taenggoo. I love you. Jessica stand up shakily, bow to Yoona then walk out the house.

Yoona sighed heavily, flop down on the couch and rub her temple. “Why does this problem must happen? Why does I want to help Jessica but doesn’t want in the same time? Sigh.” Yoona take her phone out and dial Yuri’s number. “Hello, Yul. We need to talk.”

Jessica lie on her bed and inhale Taeyeon’s scent that linger on the pillow and blanket that Taeyeon used. “I will earn your trust back, Taenggoo.” Jessica inhale once again and her tears flow. “Please come back, Taenggoo.”

Taeyeon look outside her window and whisper,”Why can’t I hate you, Sica?”