Taenggoo and Unnie

Chasing Dreams

Jessica keep her calm until she reached the car. When the car door closed, Jessica squealed and put her hands on both of her hot cheeks. ‘Oh My God, I can’t believe I did that! What should I do? Taeyeon would think I’m a flirt. Would she keep her distance because of this? What to do? What to do? Arrgghh!!” Jessica buried her face on her hands. Jessica wanted to dig a hole and hiding there. Never in her life she act by impuls. She has to think about every little step that she took because it could damage her image as a superstar.

After awhile, Jessica has been a little calm. She think carefully about her act and decided that she need to apologize. However she think about it, she has no right to ask Taeyeon to took responsibility to something that she didn’t do. It is true that Jessica’s heart beating very wild when Taeyeon proposed her but there are many other things that could make her heart beating wildly like that and Taeyeon was just an innocent child. Although she felt disappointed that she won’t have a date with Taeyeon. She have to apologize.

Jessica asked her manager to found out whether Taeyeon is still in the party or not, she need to do it now or her courage would vanished if she delayed her apology. When her manager confirmed that Taeyeon is still in there, she asked her manager to bring Taeyeon to her car. “Please tell Ms.Kim that I need to speak with her about an important matter.”

Taeyeon sit on a chair and drink a glass of alcohol when Jessica left. She needed the drink to calmed her nerve. Although Jessica is the one that took initiative to have a date with her, she can’t deny that she felt happiness just by thinking sbout the date.

Taeyeon was already on her third glass when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and found someone that she doesn’t know. Taeyeon knitted her brows and asked,”I’m sorry, but who are you?”

Jessica’s manager bowed then said in a hushed voice,”I’m sorry to bother you. I’m Jessica’s manager and Jessica has ordered me to asked Ms. Kim to go to Jessica’s car. She said she has something important that she wanted to tell Ms. Kim. Is it okay for Ms. Kim to go with me to the car?”

Taeyeon her chin while thinking about what would Jessica needed to say to her but give up when her mind couldn’t give her an answer. The alcohol has made her felt light headed. Taeyeon looked at the manager and nodded her head. “Okay, please lead the way.” Taeyeon stood up and walk with the manager. Taeyeon has decided to stay for awhile when YoonYul wanted to go home so right now she is all alone. She needed to think about things that happened just now.

Taeyeon arrived in front of a black van. When the door opened, she peeked inside the car and found Jessica. She bowed a little then go inside.

When Jessica saw Taeyeon has seated comfortably, Jessica clered . “Ms. Kim, the reason I called you here is to apologize for my irrational act just now. I don’t know why I did that but please forgive me and just forget whatever I said just now. We don’t need to go on dates, I will forget about the proposal.

Taeyeon frowned when she heard Jessica’s words. She sighed and quickly move to sat on Jessica’s lap. She straddled a wide eyes Jessica. She hold Jessica’s face with both of her hands and tilted it upward so Jessica would look at her in the eyes. “Jessica-ssi, just because I’m younger than you, do you think you could played me like that? One time you asked me to a date then you cancelled it the next. Are you a player?” Taeyeon lokked at Jessica intently waiting for answer.

Jessica couldn’t speak because she is surprised by Taeyeon’s action so she just shake her head as an answer.

“If you’re not a player then don’t act like one. Do you know I have worked hard for six years and isolated my self from the world so I could worked properly? Although I forget our promise in the process, but you are the reason I worked so hard.  For six years I never felt like how I felt right now.” Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand and pressed it on her thumping heart. “Do you feel it? My thumping heart? It is beating like crazy because I’m closed to you. When you asked me on a date just now, my heart beat was beating like this. It is a new feeling but I like the feeling, somehow I felt happiness.”

Taeyeon then released Jessica’s hand. She leaned forward until their nose touch. “Tell me, do your heart beating crazily like mine when we are close? Or when I kissed your cheek?” Taeyeon then kissed Jessica’s cheek tenderly. After that she buried her face on Jessica’s shoulder. She hugged Jessica and whisper,”I can feel your heart thumping hard and fast like mine. If your heart feel the same, why are you pushing me away? Please don’t play with my heart, Jessica-ssi. Please be responsible for fluttering my heart.” Then Taeyeon fall asleep because of the alcohol.

Jessica could felt Taeyeon’s hug loosen. She shake Taeyeon and calling her name,”Ms. Kim? Ms. Kim?” Jessica stopped her attempt when she hear a light snore. Jessica chuckled and hugged Taeyeon by her waist to prevent her from falling. She give her manager a signal to driver her home. Because she doesn’t know where Taeyeon live, she took Taeyeon home. Jessica hugged Taeyeon tight along the drive home because she could feel security and warm when she close to Taeyeon.

When they arrived, Jessica refused her manager’s offered to help her carried Taeyeon. She piggy back Taeyeon by her self until they reached Jessica’s bedroom. Jessica didn’t know why but the tought of Taeyeon being touched by other people irked her. Jessica put Taeyeon gently on her bed before turned around and thanked her manager. She usher her manager to the front door, locked it then go back to her bedroom.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon and smile gently. When she looked at Taeyeon, she wanted to keep Taeyeon in her pocket and protect her from the harsh world. Jessica wondering why that feeling appeared on her heart. Is it because of Taeyeon younger than her? Jessica shake her head and shrugged all that thoughts.

 She walked to the edge of the bed and sit there. She took off Taeyeon’s boots gently then she went to Taeyeon’s side. She took off Taeyeon’s blazer then her vest, then her tie. Jessica contemplating whether she should change Taeyeon’s clothes to pajamas but decided to keep Taeyeon’s clothes that way. She doesn’t want to imposed Taeyeon’s privacy more than she has done.

Jessica walked to her cupboard and took a short and a tanktop. She change in her bathroom then join Taeyeon on the bed. She tucked her self and Taeyeon under the blanket. She looked at Taeyeon’s serene face then smile gently. She rolled so her body would faced Taeyeon. She raised her hand and caressed Taeyeon’s cheek gently.

“I don’t know whether you would remember your words just now considering you are drunk but I’m not playing with your heart. I’m just insecured. This is the first time I feel attracted to woman and that woman is younger than me, more success, gorgeous, you have everything that a woman would desire. How could you like an ordinary person like me? You could get any woman you want by a snap of your fingers. How do I know you won’t break my heart when you have it? How do I know you like me for Jessica Jung Sooyeon not as the superstar Jessica Jung? How do I know you like me not admired me? I can’t take a heart break, Taeyeon ah.. I can’t..”

Jessica wanted to retracted her hand when someone hold her hand in place firmly. Jessica shocked then looked at Taeyeon in the eyes. “You didn’t sleep?”

“I was. I’m awake when you talk to my unconscious self. I won’t forget. I maybe drunk but I will remember every words that I said to you. I’m not a perfect person like you thought so don’t feel insecure. I admire you as a superstar but I like you too as a person. I wanted to get to know you. I have my own insecurity but I decided to give this thing a try. If you wanted to try this relationship with me, I will be happy but If you decided to not try it, I will be fine. Don’t feel burdened, just take it as friendly dating. I won’t force you to only have me as your date, you could date other person while we figure out our feeling. What do you think?” Taeyeon asked gently.

Jessica chuckled then turned her palm up to interwined their fingers. “Are you taking me as a heartless woman? I won’t date other person while I’m dating you. Let’s give this thing a try. Let’s found out what our heart wants but I have to tell you beforehand, I’m possessive and jealous freak. I could suffocate you unconsciously. Promise me if things turned out not like what you thought, talk to me like an adult would. Even if it turns out our feeling is not the same, I wanted us to stay close as friend or sister. Let’s take a baby step. For now, you will be my best friend. Let’s get to know each other before we date. Call me Unnie and I will call you Taenggoo.”

Taeyeon wanted to protest when she hear Jessica’s wish to be called Unnie but she stopped her self. It’s better like this than nothing. “Okay, unnie. Let’s continue sleeping. Friends sleep while hugging, right? Come here, I wanted to be hugged by my Unnie.” Taeyeon opened her arms while smiling brightly.

Jessica bite her lips seeing Taeyeon’s cuteness. She scooted closer to Taeyeon’s hug then tucked Taeyeon under her chin. She kissed Taeyeon’s crown and speak softly. “Sleep tight, Taenggoo.” Jessica could feel Taeyeon nodded her head then hugged her waist tightly. Jessica love this feeling so she smile and before long, two of them succumbed to the sleepiness that taunting them.