Meet the First Love

Chasing Dreams

Jessica opened her eyes slowly after three hours of sleeping. She dazed for a while then smile when her brain finished recollecting all the memories about things that happened before her sleep. She looked down to Taeyeon and smile lovingly. She is happy, it’s like she owns the world. The feeling is overwhelming her. I never feel like this since we broke up. How are you doing, Nicky? I miss you..

Jessica snap back to reality when she felt Taeyeon playing with her fingers. She looked down and found a pair of chocolate eyes looking at her with affection. Jessica smiles then kiss Taeyeon’s forehead lovingly. “Did you had a good sleep?” Jessica asked.

“I did. The best sleep ever.” Taeyeon snuggle deeper to Jessica’s embrace and said,”I love the feeling of your skin on mine and the warmth.” Taeyeon sigh in contentment then ask the question that has been lingered in her head. “Sica, tell me about your love life. I’m sure you have experience love before.”

Jessica surprised by Taeyeon’s question. Should I tell her? Maybe I should. I don’t want any secret in our relationship. Jessica shifted to a better position, then hug Taeyeon tighter. “I had only one boyfriend before you. His name is Nicky. He is charming, kind, he has everything that a girl would want for a boyfriend.”

Taeyeon feel a tug in her heart when Jessica has a sweet smile on her face and her eyes shows so much love. I think I ate something wrong yesterday. My chest felt tightened. Hmm.. I’ll call Yoong later, maybe she know a good doctor. Taeyeon dismissed her thought then continue to listen the story.

“We dated for three years and last year we broke up. Well, it’s more like I leave him because I’m afraid my fans won’t accept us and they will harm him when they know  about him.” Jessica sighed when she finish her explaination.

“I can conclude that you haven’t got a closure with him. I’m sorry if this is sounds rude but don’t you think it’s unfair for him? Leave him without telling the truth?” Taeyeon asked timidly.

Jessica look at the ceiling and smile sadly. “Yes, it’s not fair for him and I regretted leaving him without proper explaination.”

Do you still love him, Sica? Taeyeon felt that the pain in her heart getting severe so rubbed her chest in attempt to sooth the pain but it’s fruitless. “Then why don’t you try to find him?”

“I have. But he is nowhere to find. After several months, I gave up. Maybe it’s a punishment for hurting an innocent person.” Jessica said solemnly.

Sica looks sad. Maybe he is the one that she really love? Should I help her? “Are you happy, Sica?” A part of Taeyeon’s heart wants Jessica to said that she is already happy with her by her side but Taeyeon know, by looking at Jessica’s expression, that she hasn’t over her first love. After all, first love is hard to forget, huh?

When Taeyeon saw that Jessica deep in her thinking, Taeyeon smile sadly. You can’t even answer that question, Sica. I guess you’re not over him. My love one is in trouble, so it’s only right to help her, right? I will find him and give you, your happiness, Sica. I guess I don’t need a doctor at all. This pain, I guess this is what people called broken heart. Don’t worry, Sica.I will find your happiness. Taeyeon then put a happy face then snuggle to Jessica.

“Sicaaa, I’m hungry. I want to eat rice and fried eggs, just like before! Cook for me please..” Taeyeon shows her puppy eyes and pouting.

Jessica squeal at Taeyeon’s cute expression so she squeeze Taeyeon and said,”Awwww, cutie Taenggoo! Anything for you. Do you want to come with me to the kitchen? I want to see your face while preparing our dinner.”

When Taeyeon agreed to her request, Jessica skipped to her closet, pick two big t-shirts for her and her baby, wear it, then skipped back to Taeyeon and help her with the clothes. Together they walk with hand interwining to the kitchen. Taeyeon sit on the chair in the dining room, looking at Jessica that busy preparing everything.

They chat happily along the preparation and dinner, enjoying their time. Taeyeon look at Jessica’s face, trying to engrave her face inside her head because somehow, her gut tells her that once she found the Nicky guy, their relationship will face a bumpy road. Even worse, she could lose Jessica.

Next morning, Taeyeon enter her office, flop down on her seat and sigh heavily. She pressed the intercome and said,”Ask Ms. Kwon to my office now.” Not long, YoonYul enter Taeyeon’s office happily. They quickly sit in front of Taeyeon and wait eagerly for Taeyeon’s story. Taeyeon saw her friends’ eagerness and smile for the first time , this day.

“Stop smiling like that. Yes, we made love yesterday.” YoonYul’s eyes lit up and dance happily while shouting that their Taeyeonnie finally not anymore. Taeyeon chuckled and said,”I am still a . I’m not ready to lose my ity so Sica is the one that got her stress relieved.” YoonYul look at each other, shrugged their shoulder, then continue their dance, shouting that finally their Taeyeonnie isn’t innocent anymore.

Taeyeon continue looking at her silly friends and forget about her problem for a while. When they finished their celebratory dance, they sit again in front of Taeyeon. Yuri look at her intently then said,”Alright, now spill. I know you didn’t call me here just to share your experience yesterday. So, what is it? You want to ask for tips?” Yuri wriggle her brows naughtily while waiting for the answer.

Taeyeon leaned back on her chair and sigh sadly. “As expected from my childhood friends. I call You because I want you to find someone for me.” “Who?” Yuri asked. Taeyeon take a deep breath and look at Yuri. “His name is Nicky, he is Sica’s first boyfriend.” Yuri knit her brows in confusion and look at Taeyeon weirdly. “And what is the reason to find him?”

“To give Jessica an opportunity to explain herself and hopefully, a closure. We talk a lot yesterday and I found out that she broke up with her boyfriend without proper explaination and she regretted it. She will never reach her happiness if she continue remembered about her pass.”

Yoona hold Taeyeon’s hand and asked gently,”You do realize that your action can break your happiness, right? Her love for her boyfriend could bloom once again and she could prefer him over you. You do realize the consequence, right?”

Taeyeon nodded her head firmly albeit her sad expression. “Even if Jessica leave me in the end, I won’t regret my decision. All that matter for me is Jessica’s happiness. As long as she is happy, I’ll be happy just looking at her happy state from a far, as a friend.”

YoonYul look at each other then walk to Taeyeon. They engulf Taeyeon in a bear hug and comfort their sad friend. “If that’s what you want, we will help you. And if my assumption is true, she used you as a rebound, I’ll introduce you to a better person and make sure she won’t bother you anymore. She will regret to let go such a great woman like you.” Yoona said heatedly. I will never forgive anyone that hurt my Taeyeonnie!

Taeyeon saw Yoona’s stern expression and somehow she is afraid for Jessica’s wellbeing so she hug Yoona and said,”Promise me that you two won’t do anything that could harm Sica, whatever it is the result. I will handle this problem myself. I can do it. If one day I can’t hold on, I will ask for your help.” Taeyeon hold YoonYul’s hand and plead,”Please, promise me you two won’t do anything to Sica. Please..”

Yuri sighed and pat Taeyeon’s shoulder. “You are hopeless. I promise. I won’t do anything to Jessica.” Yoona nodded her head silently, agreeing to Taeyeon’s request. “You always put other people’s happiness over you. You are too kind for your own good. But promise me, you won’t keep all your pain in your heart, you won’t suffer alone. Promise me, you will come to us when you are hurt.” Yoona hold Taeyeon’s face, make her look at herself. “Promise me, Taeyeonnie.” Taeyeon look at Yoona in the eyes and smile softly. “I promise.”

YoonYul hug Taeyeon once again then excuse their selves. “Then I will find that Nicky guy now. In the meantime, please keep your mind out of the sad things. There’s a possibility that Jessica choose you over this Nicky. Okay?” Yuri said to Taeyoen firmly before close the door.

Taeyeon sigh heavily once again and whisper,”I doubt it, Yul. You didn’t see Sica’s gentle stare when she talk about that man.” Taeyeon clutch her shirt near her heart when she feel the familiar pain, the pain that she felt since Jessica talk about her first love. “Stop it, my heart. We have to stay strong for Sica.” Taeyeon exhale then work on her paperwork to divert her attention.

Three hours later, Taeyeon get a call from Yuri. “I don’t know whether this is a good news or not but I have found Nicky. I have send his photo, restaurant that he owns, and home address to your phone. What are you going to do? Are you going to meet him? Do you want me to accompany you?” Yuri fire questions at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon chuckled at her friend’s uneasiness. “Relax, Yul. I will go to the restaurant now, the sooner I made them meet, the better for all of us and no, I will go alone. Thank you for your help, Yul.”

Taeyeon heard Yuri sighed heavily then ask her. “You’re going to be alright, right?”

“I’ll be fine. I have promise you two that I won’t suffer alone so rest assure. I will call you later. Bye, Yul.” Taeyeon ended the call and she could feel her uneasiness suffocating her. I’ll be fine. I have to be fine.

Taeyeon drove to the restaurant that Nicky own and makes sure that he is there before calling Jessica. She wants them to meet ‘accidentally’. “Hello, Sica. Let’s have lunch in the restaurant. My colleague recommended me this restaurant. Yes, we will meet there. I will text you the address. Yes, I love you too. Bye.” Taeyeon ended the call and wait inside the car until Jessica arrive.

Ten minutes later, she saw Jessica enter the restaurant. She saw Jessica met her first love and they hug tightly. She saw Jessica shred tears and Nicky brought her inside his office. Taeyeon close her eyes and clutch her shirt once again. “I’ll be fine. Maybe they are just reminiscing their past.” Taeyeon take her phone out and call Jessica.

“Hello, Sica? Where are you? Ah, you can’t come because of sudden meeting with a producer? Nah, it’s alright. I hope your meeting went well. Okay. Bye.” Taeyeon knit her brow and take a deep breath. “She’s just lying because she doesn’t want me to get jealous. Yeah, that’s why. Nothing’s wrong. Sica won’t do something that will hurt me. Yeah, that’s right.” Taeyeon keep convincing herself.

Taeyeon stay inside the car until seven in the evening, waiting for Jessica. Taeyeon focus her attention to the restaurant when she saw Jessica and Nicky walk out. Jessica get inside Nicky’s car and they drove off. Taeyeon follow them and found out that they are going to Jessica’s house. Taeyeon’s heart pained even more when she saw they go inside the house, with hands interwining together.

When the door closed, Taeyeon inhale a shaky breath for a few times. She put a bright smile then knocked at Jessica’s door. When Jessica open the door and look at her with a shocked expression, Taeyeon’s smile flatter.

“Hi, I want to have dinner with you.” Taeyeon said with a crooked smile. She saw Jessica bit her lip and looks troubled. “What’s wrong? You don’t want to? Can I come in? It’s cold.” When Taeyeon tried to step inside the house, Jessica stop her. “No! You can’t go inside. T-there’s my c-cousin inside and I’m afraid my cousin will feel uncomfortable with stranger.”

Taeyeon can hear her heart broke in to pieces. She smile and asked,”So you want to stay with him? You want me to leave? It’s alright. I understand. We can meet some other time. You look happy now.”

Jessica smile in relieve when she heard Taeyeon’s words. “Yes, I’m sorry you have to leave but I will call you. Thank you for your understanding, Taenggoo. You are the best. Of course I’m happy!”

Taeyeon gulp the lump in and hug Jessica. “I respect your decision and I’m happy when you are happy.” Taeyeon release the hug and put a bright smile. “Go inside. I want to make sure you are safe before I leave.” “Aww, so sweet. Okay then, bye Taenggoo.”

After Jessica close the door, Taeyeon’s smile dropped. Good Bye, my love. She drove home then call Yoona. “Yoong, she choose him. she lied to me. Help me, Yoong. My heart is hurt so much. I don't want to feel this.” Taeyeon is sobbing while asking for Yoona's help.