Invitation

Chasing Dreams

Taeyeon was working with full of concentration when someone knocked on her door. Taeyeon clicked her tounge for the interruption but give permission to whoever it is that wanted to see her to enter her laboratory. When she heard footsteps come closer, she lifted her head to see the intruder identity. She gave a warm smile when she saw her friend. “Ah, Good morning, Yoong. What can I do for you?”

Yoona come closer then hugged Taeyeon. After that she settled on the nearest chair. She give Taeyeon an invitation. “Nothing much, just an invitation came to us. A ballroom party to celebrate the new opened branch company of our client. The president came personally to delivered the invitation. He wished that three of us would come.” Yoona saw Taeyeon furrowed her brows so she chuckled and said,”I know you hate formality but you also know that we need it if we want our companies to keep running. Connection is needed, Taeyeonnie. Beside, you could just greet the owner, linger for five minutes then go back to your lovely laboratory. What do you think? Remember, The president come individually. What would he think if you aren’t coming?”

Taeyeon sighed and rubbed her face. She looked at Yoona accusingly then puffed her cheeks. “This is all you and Yuri’s fault. If only you two didn’t revealed my identity, I wouldn’t have to attend this party. You did it on purpose, didn’t you?”

Yoona grinned mischievously then said,”What did you wanted me to said when they asked whose idea to build a company that sell fruits? Me and Yul? Even baby knew we aren’t that genius. We didn’t have a choice other than revealed your identity. But Taeyeonnie, don’t you think keeping a beauty like you secret from public is a sin? People deserved to knew that there is someone as fine as you.”

Taeyeon’s face red because of Yoona’s cheesy comment. “Yah! Stop that! Use your cheesy words to Yul only. I will come tonight but don’t expect me to wear a dress. I don’t have time to bought one.” Taeyeon answer halfheartedly while slumped her shoulder.

Yoona clapped her hands enthusiastically. “Yes!! I knew you would come. Don’t worry, just go while wearing this suit. You looked very gorgeous already. Then, I will excused my self. I need to tell Yuri about this. Yeah! It has been too long since we having fun together! Hehehe… Bye, Taeyeonnie!” Yoona then run excitedly outside the laboratory.

Taeyeon shooked her head seeing her energetic friend. She then leaned backward to her chair and thinking. “Hmm, It is already a long time since we have fun together. Alright, just take this as having fun with YoonYul. I just hope no one would come and throw their self to me just to seduced me.” Taeyeon shivered when she remembered her bad experience last year.

She went to a club because of the invitation of their client. Taeyeon thought she could relaxed her self but it is all only her wishful thought. Just when she arrived, news spread wide that the third mysterious owner of Wish Corp. has came. Everyone crowded around Taeyeon to looked at her, introducing their self, most of them openly flirting with her. Taeyeon felt traumatized with that much attention that she got so she run outside the club and go home immediately. The next morning, YooYul saying that yesterday night there was someone that ran for her life because everybody wanted that someone’s attention. YoonYul finally shut their mouth when Taeyeon throw her most deadly glare.

Taeyeon shake her head then exhale loudly. “Get grip of your self, Taeyeon. This is not the time for slacking around.” Taeyeon put her attention back to the fruit in front of her. Taeyeon worked diligently and not noticing that the day has turned to night. She frowned once again when someone knocked on her door once again. Taeyeon give the permission halfheartedly then glare when she saw Yoona once again. “Why are you back again, Yoong? Another invitation? Just leave it somewhere around here. I need to returned back to my work.”

Yoona shake her head looking at her workaholic friend. “There is no other invitation.” She saw Taeyeon raised both of her brows as a sign asking her ‘so why are you here’. “Did you ever saw the clock? It is almost seven. We need to go to the party now. So took off your lab coat and wear the gorgeous blazer. Chop chop, hurry up. We almost late.” Yooma said while walking closer to Taeyeon. She forcefully took off the coat then pull Taeyeon quickly outside the laboratory while holding the blazer.

Taeyeon stopped before they could go outside the laboratory. She pulled her hand out of Yoona’s gripped then said,”I haven’t wear my boots. You don’t wanted me to wear a slipper to the party, right?” Taeyeon run to her shoes cabinet then change her slipper to a pair of knee boots. She walked back to Yoona then took her blazer. She wear it, tidy her tie then smile charmingly at Yoona. “Let’s go.”

Yoona can’t help but feel proud to have a gorgeous friend like Taeyeon. She returned Taeyeon’s smile then linked her hand with Taeyeon’s. “Let’s go. Yul has waited for us at the parking lot.”

They walk to the parking lot and found Yuri wear the same type of outfit like Taeyeon. She was leaning on her car. Taeyeon looked at Yuri then to Yoona then chuckled. “Ah, you two’s theme tonight is prince, princess, and the butler?” Taeyeon pointed her finger at Yuri when she said prince, to Yoona when she said princess, and to her self when she said butler. Her silly comments brought laughter to Yuri and Yoona.

Yuri patted Taeyeon’s shoulder then said,”Na ah, today’s theme is King, Queen, and the Crown Prince. And the King and Queen are trying to found a bride for their single and lonely Crown Prince.” Yoona nodded her head enthusiastically when she heard Yuri’s words.

Taeyeon lifted her brow the huffed. “I should’ve know that you two must be up to something when Yoona tried so hard to made me join the party. Now spill! What is it that you have inside your evil minds!”

YoonYul shake their head vigorously. “No no no. We didn’t plan anything evil and it is true that the president his self invited three of us individually. It’s just, don’t you think it is better to have someone take care of you considering how bad you are to took care of your self? We are worried about you, Taeyeonnie. We are afraid that one day you would fainted because you worked too hard and forget to eat or sleep or go home. We won’t forced anyone to you, just promise you won’t keeping draw the line everytime someone tried to be closed to you? We promise we would make sure that every single one that we introduce to you is a good person.” Yoona said while looking at Taeyeon sincerely.

Taeyeon looked at Yoona’s pleading eyes then sighed defeatedly. She is realized how she would be lost of time everytime she do her experiments and she knew that her busy friends always come and checked her once in a while. She sighed and nodded her head. “I promise. I knew that I couldn’t depended my self to you two too much. There are already too much problem in your plates.”

YooYul hugged Taeyeon warmly for amoment before loosen the embrace. “Thank you, Taeyeonnie for your understanding. It’s not that we don’t wanted to pay attention to you, it’s just like you said, we have so much already on our plates. We can’t checked on you everyday.” Yuri said gently. Yuri patted Taeyeon’s shoulder once again when Taeyeon nodded her head obediently like a child.

“Then let’s go to the party. We are really late. We don’t want to missed the main event for tonight. I heard that tonight would be interesting.” Yoona said then entered the front seat. Yuri enter the driver seat while Taeyeon sit in the back. Taeyeon looked outside the window, enjoying the ride. That’s why she missed the evil smirked on YooYul’s face. Taeyeonnie.. Taeyeonnie… You still as innocent as ever. We didn’t planned something bad. We just heard that a famous idol named Jessica Jung would sing tonight at the party. Oh, what an interesting night…