What Are The Odds?

Chasing Dreams

Jessica’s whisper brought new spirit for Taeyeon. She study harder and thought hard for a way to be rich faster. She spend her lunch time in the library, after school end, she would browse in the internet to found an idea. One day she sat in her favourite ice cream and eating a mango ice cream. She looked at the ice cream absentmindlessly then a bulb appeared inside her head.

“Mango.. Fruits.. everywhere use fruits as ingredients. As long as I could make a kind of fruit that always sweet but with a low price, no one could refused that offer. That’s it! I’ll just go to the library and learned about it.” Taeyeon talked to her self then smile happily. She ate her ice cream with speed of light then run to the library. She is eager to do her plan.

Months turned to year, Taeyeon spend her day in her little garden. She would combine one species of fruit with another, use every kind of method she learned. YoonYul always brought food for her, reminding her when she need to go home, to go to school, to took a bath because when Taeyeon entered her garden, she would forget about everything.

As Taeyeon learned about this new knowledge, little by little her purpose to be rich and marry Jessica forgotten. She spend to many times alone, she isolated her self so she didn’t know anything outside her garden. Inside her little brain, fruits is all she could think about.

One day she run outside her garden to find YoonYul while brought her fruits. She goes to Yoona’s house because she knew that’s where YoonYul would be. “Yoong, Yul!!! Finally Finally!!!!” Taeyeon barged into Yoona’s room while showing her fruits but when she looked at YoonYul’s position, she is frozen. Yuri was sitting with her back on the wall while Yoona sit between Yuri’s leg. Yuri giving Yoona a back hug and her head is on Yoona’s neck. While Yoona tilted her head back to Yuri’s shoulder.

Three of them frozen. Taeyeon stuttered,”A-are you two dating?” YoonYul looked at each other then nodded their head slowly while smile shyly. Taeyeon’s eyes widened then smile spread on her face. She put her fruits down then run to the pair. She thrown her self at them while congratulating them. “Congratulation, Yoong and Yul!!! You look good together!”

After awhile Taeyeon loosen the embrace and started her interrogation. “When did you started dating? Why didn’t you tell me? I thought we are friends?” Taeyeon crossed her arms then pouting.

YoonYul saw this and chuckled. “If you are not that focused with your garden, you would notice our relationship. We started dating since six months ago. Speaking of garden, why are you here? Isn’t now is the time for you to be in your garden?” Yuri asked.

Taeyeon snapped her fingers when she heard Yuri’s question. “Right! Thank you for asking. I’ve made it! I know how to made a sweet fruit with cheap price. Right now only Watermelon and mango but I’m sure next year I could master the technique and made all fruits like this! Here, taste them.” Taeyeon gave the pair her fruits while waiting eagerly for their respond.

YoonYul chew the fruit then nodded their head happily. “Congratulation, Taeyeonnie! If you could sell this, you would be rich in no time!”

Taeyeon smile shyly then fidgeting a little. “About that, actually I come here with another purpose. You know how I spend my days with the plants, I think that makes me change to be uncomfortable talking to other people. I’m offering you two to work together with me. I will be the brain but you two would be the one that sell this. The profit would be divided to three of us. What do you think? I’m not forcing you, It’s just I don’t think I could do that, the selling and promoting things. What do you two think?” Taeyeon wait for the answer anxiously.

Yoona chuckled then patting Taeyeon’s head. “Ofcourse we would wanted to. This is a great opportunity to us. All that we have to do is talking and we would get money. We don’t need to think or reading those boring book. Only stupid people would reject this opportunity. Right, Yul?” Yuri nodded her head and smile happily. “That means we will work together and be rich together! Yeah!”

Taeyeon cheered when she heard her friends words. “Alright then, now that the problems has been solved, I will go back to the garden! Find me there if there’s problem okay? Bye bye, enjoy your YoonYul time!” Taeyeon run while laughing mischievously.

Yuri shake her head looking at Taeyeon’s antic but then she remember something. “Yoong, Did you realize that Taeyeon never talked about Jessica anymore since she has that garden? Didn’t her purpose to be rich is to married that Jessica? How could she forget?”

Yoona chuckled then sighed. “Yul, if she forget then let her be. You do realized that Taeyeon and Jessica are from different social status? She is an idol, Yul. If one day she remember then wanted to continue chasing her dream girl, I will let her be but I won’t make her remember the promise. I don’t want her to be hurt.”

Yuri think for a while then agreed to Yoona’s opinion. “You’re right. We don’t know how their future would be but right now let’s protect our friend. If they are fated to be together, no one could separated them. Let’s just focus to this business opportunity. Who knew we could be rich and Taeyeon would have the same status social with Jessica? Whatever will be will be. All that matter is we have tried our hardest.”

True to Yuri’s words, thanks to their wonderful teamwork, their fruits sold easily. One small garden turn to hectares of garden, one worker turns to be hundreds of workers. Five years passed in a blink of eye. Taeyeon, Yoona, and Yuri has been a rich businesswoman. They have one big company, Ten gardens for recreation, five Malls, two amusement parks, and collaboration contracts with most of the restaurants in korea.

YoonTaeYul become most wanted bachelorette because of their wealth and beauty. Taeyeon didn’t wear her braces anymore, she has eye surgery so she didn’t need glasses anymore, she has cars so she don’t need to wear long clothes. She dyed her hair dark brown. Although they are now on the age of studying in university, they decided to keep working instead of waste time in university.

One day Yoonyul walked hand on hand to the café and passed a banner with Jessica’s face in it. Yoona stopped for awhile and thinking while looking at the face. Yuri felt Yoona stopped walking so she turn to looked at Yoona. She found her girlfriend looking at something, Yuri follow her girlfriend’s sight and found Jessica’s face. She smile gently then back hugging her. “What’s wrong, Yoong? Thinking about Taeyeon?”

Yoona nodded her head while biting her lips. “I’m wondering should we asked her about Jessica or not. After all, Jessica is the reason she is working hard and now she has the same social status, even more I think. What do you think, Yul?”

Yuri hummed as agreement. “Sure, let’s just ask. I’m not sure though whether both of them remember those silly promise.”

The pair arrived at Taeyeon's laboratory. They knocked then come inside when Taeyeon has given permission. They looked at busy Taeyeon then smile. their friend always do experiment everyday to produce new product. Taeyeon has became a workaholic. "Taeyeonnie, are you busy?" Yoona asked. Taeyeon shake her head while still looking at the microscope. "Then could you pay attention to me for awhile? I have something I want to ask."

Taeyeon lifted her eyes from the microscope then looked at Yoona. "Okay, what's wrong, Yoong? Is our company having problem?"

Yoona shake her head and shuckled. "Nah, our companies fine. Is that all that you could think about? Companies?" When Taeyeon opened to answer, yoona cut her. "No, don't answer. I know you care about our companies because we built them using our own hand." Yoona saw Taeyeon nodded her head satisfiedly because Yoona knew her reason. "By any chance, do you remember Jessica Jung? The one that you proposed six years ago?"

Taeyeon surprised when she heard Yoona's question. "What? I proposed someone? Jessica Jung? Is there our classmate with that name? I don't think our classmate would have that english name. Are you pranking me, Im Yoona?" Taeyeon looked at Yoona suspiciously.

Yuri shake her head looking at her friend. she took her phone, browse through the gallery then found the video that she has been looking for. she brought her phone to Taeyeon and play it. "Here, maybe this could bring back your lost memory."

Taeyeon watched the video then her face became more red the more she watch the video. When the video ended, Taeyeon give back the phone to Yuri and chuckled shyly. "Why did you have that silly video? I have changed, Yul, Yoong. I was a young innocent child when I proposed her. Besides, who knows Jessica forget me just like I forget thos silly proposal? She is an Idol, many men or women that better than me would chase her. Why would she wait a child?"

YoonYul looked at each other then sighed. "So, you are saying that you're not going to meet Jessica and propose her once again just like your promise?" Yuri asked to confirmed Taeyeon's statement.

Taeyeon shake her head while smiling. "No. I won't looking for her. If one day we met by accident, she is single, and she remember me, I will consider to propose her once again. But what are the odds, right?"

YoonYul nodded their head. "Yeah, what are the odds. An idol like her won't remember small nerdy like you. Even if you two met, she won't recognize you anymore. Because you have changed from a nerdy to a hottie." Yoona teased Taeyeon making Taeyeon's face red like a tomato.