Make a Peace

Chasing Dreams

Taeyeon has sat on the bench in the park near their house for almost one hour. She has calmed and now feeling extremely guilty. She has run away instead of talking about it calmly. Well in her defense,it is her dream to be married to the one that she loves and build a happy family with little Taenggoo and Sica running around the house. Whatever it is, Taeyeon knows she is at fault. She is getting ready to get up but someone stands in front of her. She can’t look who it is because a big drawing book covered the face, but by looking at the posture, she is sure that the person in front of her is a woman. Taeyeon wants to ask the woman about her purpose standing in front of her but swallow back her question when the mysterious woman shows her the first page. By looking at the handwriting and the message, Taeyeon knows that this woman is Jessica.

‘Please forgive me, Taenggoo.’ It is written on first page, after five second, Jessica turn to the second page.

‘I believe and trust our love. I take it as the most precious thing in my life, so don’t ever doubt me.’ Under the sentence there’s a drawing of a sad face. Jessica shows her sad puppy eyes and turns again the page.

 ’Marriage is a sacral thing. A ceremony that held to unite two people under the name of God and they promise each other their loyalty, love, happiness, always together in any kind of situation until death do them apart.’

‘That’s the old definition about marriage.’

‘Nowadays, marriage is done for publicity and most of them are not last. People around me always end in divorce.’

‘That’s why, I said marriage is stupid and useless.’

‘I don’t want to be married to you because I’m afraid we will separate like all of them. We will fell out of love and start hurting each other.’

‘I love you too much that made me disagree with the marriage.’

‘But I have realized that no matter how absurd a marriage is for me, I will marry you if that makes you happy.’

‘I don’t want to fight anymore.’

Jessica put the drawing book and walks to Taeyeon. She holds two ice creams on both of her hand and one in front of Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, Taenggoo.”

Taeyeon takes the ice creams, put it on the bench, and stands up. She hugs Jessica tightly and whisper,” I’m the one that at fault. I shouldn’t walk away from our argument, I should’ve heard your reasons, I should’ve patient. As I think about our fights, I found myself unworthy for you, Sica. I..”

Jessica pushes Taeyeon quickly and closes Taeyeon’s mouth using her hand. “No! I let you calm yourself just like what you said so we can have peace. It’s not so you have time to think about breaking up with me! I can’t accept this! You are not going to say that word again. Ever!” Jessica feels her heart beating loudly and her anxiousness raise. It is enough for her to hear Taeyeon asks for a break up once. She doesn’t think her heart can take another.

Taeyeon push Jessica’s hand from and intertwine it with hers. “I’m not going to say that. I’m trying to say that I will try harder to understand you, to trust you, to be patient, to be your worthy girlfriend. That’s what I’m trying to say. I’m not going to ask for another break up. My heart can’t handle it.”

Jessica smiles in relieve when she hears this. She nods her head eagerly and says,” I love you the way you are so I don’t think it is necessary to change, but if you want to, I will support you. Let’s learn to be the better lover for both of us. I love you, Taenggoo. Let’s make a promise that we won’t break up no matter what happened.”

Taeyeon looks at Jessica with her brow raise. “Never break up? Are you sure? There’s still possibility that a more beautiful, ier, more kind, better person than me appear and asks you to be her lover. Aren’t you going to regret this promise when it happens?”

Jessica holds Taeyeon’s hands firmly and put it on her chest. “ Even if that person is one hundred times better than you, I won’t regret this promise. This heart is yours. It beating for you so holds it tight, never let it go.”

Taeyeon hit Jessica’s chest lightly, put her ear on it, and hugs Jessica by the waist. “Chessy.. But I love it. Don’t let go of my heart too, Sica. My heart is beating only for you too so if you leave me, I will die. I can stand all the people hate me, I can stand being poor, I can stand being cast away by other people but I can’t stand losing you.” Taeyeon release the hug and hold Jessica’s face. “I love you very very much, Sica. Even if I have nobody, as long as you are here with me, I can live.”

Jessica smiles lovingly at Taeyeon and hold both of Taeyeon’s hand. She kisses Taeyeon’s palms and says,” Now who’s the cheesy one? But just like you, I love the cheesy Taenggoo. No more fight, No more ignoring each other. We will talk the problem and argument just like how adult should do.” Jessica kisses Taeyeon’s forehead lovingly and smiles.

Taeyeon return the smile shyly and her eyes caught the sight of melting ice creams. Taeyeon pouts cutely and says,” Aww, the ice creams is melting. What should we do? I want to eat ice cream..”

Jessica kisses Taeyeon’s pout and intertwines their fingers. “The ice cream can’t handle the hotness of our love. That’s why they are melted.”

Taeyeon hit Jessica’s arm when she hears this. “Yah, stop it! My fingers and toes are curling because of you.”

Jessica laughs loudly and throws the melted ice cream in the trash bin before pulls Taeyeon to the ice cream parlor. “I’ll stop although my words are true. Let’s go buy ice cream for my beautiful Taenggoo and then go home. Our breakfast dishes are crying right now. They are asking to be eaten by us. All of them are competing with each other to enter my Taenggoo’s cute tummy.”

Taeyeon stops in front of the ice cream parlor and asks,“ Sica! Are you going to be like this all day?”

Jessica looks at Taeyeon innocently and says,” What? I do nothing wrong. Praising my girlfriend isn’t a crime, moreover all the things that I said is facts. You have a cute tummy, Taenggoo. Now let’s go inside and buy ice cream for my gorgeous girlfriend.” Jessica drags Taeyeon inside without waiting for Taeyeon’s response.

“Good morning, dear customer. What flavor that you want to buy?”

“Good morning.” Jessica returns the greeting. She looks at the waitress and asks,” Do you by any chance have a not-sweet-ice cream? Because my girlfriend here is very sweet and I can die from diabetes if I eat another sweets.”

The waitress had her jaw drop when she hears Jessica’s very chessy words while Taeyeon’s face as red as tomato. Taeyeon clear and says,” I’m sorry for her silly words. I think she eats too much cheese this morning. Please just ignore her. We want one box of banana ice cream.”

The waitress turns to Taeyeon and smiles. “Although it were cheesy, It weren’t silly because you are indeed looks like a sweet girlfriend. You are beautiful, miss. I’ll be as cheesy as your girlfriend here if you are mine.” The waitress smiles again at Taeyeon, checking out the beauty in front of her. She wants to say another word to Taeyeon but she stops because she feels icy glares directed at her and the temperature in the shops drops. She turns to Jessica’s direction and cowers in fear when she sees the ice princess.

Jessica’s smile vanishes in instance when she sees the waitress checking her girlfriend out and wooing her. What is this waitress doing? Doesn’t she know I’m her girlfriend? How dare she woo Taenggoo!! Taenggoo is mine! Fine another woman! Jessica glares at the waitress fiercely and feel her blood boils. “Unfortunately she is MY girlfriend. So please give us MY girlfriend’s order quickly, please.” Jessica says with gritted teeth. If glares can kill, the waitress has been died in awful condition considering how fierce Jessica’s glare is.

The waitress can feel Jessica’s jealousy down to her core. She nods her head quickly and run to prepare Taeyeon’s order.

Taeyeon sees the scene in front of her with amused smile. She holds Jessica’s hand and rubs her thumb in circular motion softly to ease Jessica’s temper. “Honey, she doesn’t have any bad intention. Don’t glare so hard at her. Don’t you see how scared she was?”

Jessica turns at Taeyeon and pouts sadly. “Are you defending her? But I am your girlfriend, Taenggoo. I don’t like it when someone trying to woo my girlfriend. She even dares to do it in front of me. This is your fault. If only you are not this gorgeous, I can sleep peacefully every night and I don’t have to glare to anybody every time we go out.”

Taeyeon chuckles and peck Jessica’s cheek. “I can’t change my face so you have to trust me. I didn’t replies any cheesy words that she said, weren’t I? I’m only loves your cheesy words. I only love you. So, smile for me. I love it very much when you give me your gorgeous smile.”

Jessica smiles shyly at Taeyeon when she hears this. Taeyeon returns the smile and pinch Jessica’s cheek. “You are such a cutie.”

Not long, Taeyeon’s order is finish. Jessica pays for it and tries very hard to not glare at the waitress. Taeyeon saw Jessica’s effort so she intertwines their hand and hold the ice cream with the other hand. Taeyeon smiles at the waitress and says,” Thank you, miss. By the way, you shouldn’t flirt with me if one day I come back here because as you can see my girlfriend is jealous. I love my girlfriend very much and I want her to always be happy. Then, have a good day.” Taeyeon drags Jessica out the parlor.

Just before they step out the parlor, Jessica turns around and meronged at the waitress childishly. Jessica then hug Taeyeon’s waist possessively and walks out with a proud smile while Taeyeon chuckles at her childish girlfriend but she let it slides because Jessica looks very happy.