Stop Ignoring

Chasing Dreams

Taeyeon opened her eyes then sigh wearily. This is the seventh day after their fight and Taeyeon hasn’t seen Jessica since then. I thought you wanted a chance? Are you giving up? Am I the only one that hoped we can be together again? Sigh. Who am I kidding? She can get anyone that she wants, why should she try to earn my trust? Where are you? I miss you..

Taeyeon sighed once again and get up. What should I do today? Stupid Yoong and Yul for keep me away from my garden. How could I calm myself when they ask me to do nothing and stay in my home? Do nothing makes me think about her all the time.

Taeyeon walked to her door to take her daily newspaper but she is surprise and happy secretly when she found someone standing outside her door. Someone who she missed for days. Someone that always linger in her mind. Jessica.

Jessica has stood near Taeyeon’s door since six in the morning. She wants to say something to Taeyeon but she didn’t have the courage to call her and although she has arrived since early in the morning, she didn’t press the doorbell because she didn’t want to wake Taeyeon and make her angry. That’s why she stood there since early morning. She didn’t know when Taeyeon will leave the house and she didn’t want to missed  Taeyeon. Three hours later, her leg killing her but she can’t stop here. She massaged her legs but stop when she saw the door opened and reveal Taeyeon still in her pajamas. Jessica hang her head low while peek at Taeyeon. She misses Taeyeon

Taeyeon take her newspaper and peek secretly at Jessica. She frowned when she saw Jessica has dark circle under her eyes, her eyes red, paler, skinnier, but nevertheless still beautiful as ever. Taeyeon divert her sight back to the newspaper and something caught her attention. Jessica’s photo is there and it is said that Jessica will take a hiatus from her activity for indefinite time. Taeyeon furrows her brows more then turn to Jessica fully. She sees Jessica hang her head low and finally she saw Jessica has a travel bag with her. Is she going to go somewhere? Is she going to leave me?

Taeyeon felt like crying but she holds her tears and clears loudly to catch Jessica’s attention. “Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked in a flat tone. She saw Jessica flinch a little then look at Taeyeon timidly. “I-I’m sorry for not contacting you for one week although I’m not sure whether you realize or not that I have been missing for one week. I hope you do. I guess you have known that I took a hiatus because I want to go somewhere to calm myself. I..”

Taeyeon cut Jessica by saying,”I don’t need to hear your report about your holiday. If you decided to go then leave.” Taeyeon turn and want to open the door but stop when she hear Jessica’s whisper. “I hope you want to go with me.” Taeyeon stunned for a while then she look at Jessica. “Did you say something just now?”

Jessica braved herself then look at Taeyeon pleadingly. “I hope you want to go with me. I want us to spend the time together, only two of us. I hope we can spend the time that you give to me, together. I’m planning to go to a village and earn your trust there, without distraction from other things.”

Is that why she took a hiatus? But why took for indefinite time? She could just say three months. “And if you can’t earn it back when the time ends? What will you do?”

Jessica smile sadly then said,”If in the end, we are still separated, I’m planning to go somewhere until I’m calm. That’s why my hiatus is indefinite. I’m planning to go as far as I can and disappear for a while.”

Taeyeon felt her heart beat wildly for the thought of Jessica disappeared. Taeyeon opened the door then said,”Wait inside. I need to pack my stuff.”

Jessica smile, a sincere and happy smile then nodded eagerly. She thought Taeyeon would reject her. She thanked God repeatedly then dragged her travelling bag and entered the house. When she saw Taeyeon enter the bedroom, she flopped down on the couch and smile. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth and comfortable scent of the house. All the exhaustion that piled suddenly burst to her system, making her drowsy. I’ll just rest for a while. When Taeyeon come out, I will get up. Just for a moment. I want to enjoy surrounding by Taeyeon’s warmth and scent once again. Just for a while.. Then Jessica has fallen asleep. Jessica barely got any sleep this week. She overworked herself and finished all the jobs so she could take a leave. She wants to focus herself on Taeyeon. She needed to have her lover back. A week without Taeyeon made her suffered, she can’t imagine how is it like to be without Taeyeon for her entire life.

Taeyeon finished pack all her necessity. She walked out of her room and found a sleeping Jessica. Taeyeon put her bag down and sat beside Jessica. She sighed sadly and traced her finger on Jessica’s face. “Why are you looking so tired? Why can’t you take care of yourself better? It’s hurt to see you like this. I guess this separation brought misery to both of us. Should I stop this and pretend that our fight never happened? No, I can’t. I will try to forgive you, Sica. But please earn my trust.” I love you.

Taeyeon pick Jessica bridal style and bring her to her room. She put her down gently and covered her with a blanket. Taeyeon hesitate for a while then lean down. She kisses Jessica’s forehead and cheek then whisper,”Have a nice rest, Baby.” Taeyeon then walked out the door and cook lunch for both of them. She wants to feed Jessica and put more weight on her.

Taeyeon has finished cooking all the food. She arranges all of it on the table then walk to the bedroom. She opens the door gently and finds Jessica still fast asleep. Taeyeon shakes her head and chuckles lightly. Still a sleepyhead, I see. She wants to let Jessica sleep a little longer but feeding Jessica is far more important so she turns off the aircon that Jessica loves so much then leave quietly. She is sure that Jessica will wake up when the temperature goes up. She settles herself on the couch and watch the television.

Jessica tosses on the bed then gets up. She feels the room is hot. Jessica walks out of the room still with her daze mind then finds Taeyeon on the couch. She grins sleepily then flops beside her. She hugs Taeyeon’s waist, snuggles her head on Taeyeon’s neck then continues her sleep.

Taeyeon hears the bedroom door open and a heavy steps coming at her. She is shocked when Jessica hugs her sideways and sleeps. I guess you do it unconsciously, huh? I guess you misses me just like I misses you. I guess I’ll let her sleep a little longer, besides, I miss this. Taeyeon put her arm around Jessica’s shoulder then pull her closer. Taeyeon sigh contently then feels her eyes drops gradually. She yawns then joins Jessica in a dreamland.

Jessica smile when she feels comfortable warmth surrounding her and a scent that she loves so much invading her nose. Taeyeon’s scent. Hmm.. Taeyeon is always has a great scent. Something then suddenly struck her head. Wait, how could there’s Taeyeon’s scent around me? Jessica opens her eyes and shock when she finds out she has been hugging Taeyeon and sleeping in her embrace. When Jessica over her shock, she screams happily inside her head. Kyaaaa! I’m sleeping in Taeyeon’s embrace! She let me hug her! She even hugs my shoulder! Jessica happily snuggles closer to Taeyeon and even kisses her neck. She is too happy to notice Taeyeon has awaken.

“Have you awaken?” Jessica froze when she hears Taeyeon’s question. Oh My God! She knew I kissed her! Is she angry? Did I mess my chance up?

Taeyeon felt Jessica got stiff so she said comfortingly. “You don’t have to pretend sleeping. I know you are not. I can feel your kiss. You don’t have to be afraid too. I have decided to stop treating you like a stranger. I will not treat you like a lover because you need to earn that. Let’s take a baby step.”

Jessica’s tears flows when she heard that. She sobs hard then burries her face on Taeyeon’s chest. That’s the best news she got this week. “Thank you, Taenggoo. Sobs. I will try my best. I won’t disappoint you, I promise.” They stays like that for a while, with Taeyeon patting Jessica’s back to calm her. Strangely, Taeyeon feels her heart becomes lighter after she said that. She realizes that her heart years for Jessica too.

Moments later, Taeyeon disentangle the hug then wipes Jessica’s tears stained cheeks. She smiles gently and said,”Let’s stop being sad. You makes me worry, looking at your states right now. You are thinner. I have cooked for both of us. Let’s eat then take a rest. We should leave for the village tomorrow. I think both of us need rest.”

Jessica smile shyly then nods. They walk to the kitchen then eat in a comfortable silence. Jessica will peek at Taeyeon sometimes then smile shyly when she got caught. I Won’t let this chance slide. Ever.