Last Chapter

Chasing Dreams

“Jung Yunho! Take your hands away from my fiancée this instance!” Taeyeon barges inside the bedroom and pulls Jessica into her embrace immediately. She glares fiercely at Yunho and says angrily,” How dare you hugs my fiancée intimately like that! You are banned to enter this house anymore!”

Taeyeon turns to Jessica and pouts sadly. “Sica, how could you let other person hugs you tightly like that? I’m jealous! We have promised to each other that we won’t let other people hug ourselves for more than fifteen seconds unless our parents and siblings. Don’t you remember? Sica…” Taeyeon swings Jessica’s hand left and right to shows her dissatisfaction.

Yunho scoffs at Taeyeon’s incredulous order and says calmly,” You can’t stop me from meeting my favourite cousin. Moreover, it is your fault that made my cousin cry. You leave her for a long time so she feels lonely. I’m just comforting my sad cousin when her useless so called fiancée can’t do that. What kind of fiancée are you leaving a pregnant woman like that?! I can’t believe Sica falls for someone irresponsible like you!”

Yunho is Jessica’s older cousin that loves her very much. Her is an overprotective brother to Jessica so when he heard that Jessica has a girlfriend instead of boyfriend and pregnant for six month but hasn’t married, her enraged. He hates Taeyeon to her core and to add his dislike of Taeyeon, Taeyeon often goes to America to supervising her new branch company.

Taeyeon hears Yunho words and feels extremely guilty. She hung her head down and plays with her fingers sadly. “How could you ask my cousin to bear your child when you haven’t even married her? And why did you not do it yourself? Huh? That’s your child inside Jessica’s stomach. That unborn child doesn’t have any blood related to Jessica, why not bear the child yourself, huh, you selfish woman! Being pregnant is dangerous! She doesn’t have any appetite for first three months because of that stupid morning sickness, her back and foot are hurting, she can’t move freely, she can’t continue her career, and If things goes wrong in the labor, she could die! Tell me, why are you asking her to do all that? Because you are afraid, right? You prefer Jessica that suffered than you. I am right, am I?!”

Taeyeon keep silence and feels guilty eat her alive. It is true that she coaxed Jessica to bear her child and It is true that she is the one that ask Jessica to take a break from her career when it is confirmed that Jessica is pregnant, and it is also true that Taeyeon spends almost two weeks ever month in America than caters her pregnant fiancée.

“What? Cat got your tongue now? Can’t retaliate because all the things that I said are true? CKckck.. You said you can tend Jessica’s need because you have so many companies but look, you can’t even give one thing that she needs the most. Attention. I bet those companies multiple in numbers not because of you. You just sit lazily behind your desk while your friends work their for you. How could antisocial like you makes those companies? Nobody ever thought about it because they are captivated by your stupid look but I’m not. I can see how much a loser you are.”

“Oppa!” Jessica warns Yunho when she saw how sad Taeyeon is and how mean Yunho’s words are. “What? I’m just stating the facts! I don’t like her to be your partner for life! You need a strong, mature, and dependable person. Not her!”

Jessica wants to retaliate but stops when she hears Taeyeon’s chuckle, and it is not a happy one. It is an empty chuckles and it makes Jessica alarmed. She has heard that laugh when they have their first fight and Taeyeon asking a break up. She isn’t going to ask for a break up because of Yunho oppa’s mean words, right?

Taeyeon lifts her head and looks at Yunho bitterly. “I guess you are right. What right do I have to makes Jessica suffers like that. I am everything that you said.”

Yunho smirks mockingly and says,” Of course I am right. Now that you understand, I think it is better for you to leave Jessica’s life for good.”

Jessica’s eyes getting wide when she hears this. She shouts angrily at Yunho,” Oppa! What right do you have to ask my fiancée to do ridiculous things like that!”

Yunho looks at Jessica gently and says,” So are you saying that you are willing to live a lonely life like this for the rest of your life? Sitting alone in the house while your partner having fun on the other side of world? Do you want to be a lonely and bullied wife?”

“Of course not!” Jessica answers.

Taeyeon looks at Jessica sadly and says,” So you don’t want to be my wife, huh? Well I can’t blame you. I am the one that ask you to bear my child. Don’t worry. After the child is born, you can leave her/him to me. I will make sure you get your career back and break the engagement for you. Please be patient for few more months.” Taeyeon caresses Jessica’s cheek and says,” I love you, Sica. Please call me when you need anything.” Taeyeon turns around walks out with a pained heart.

Jessica shakes her head frantically and wants to reach out for Taeyeon but Yunho hold her back and covers using his palm. No no no!!! Taenggoo, this is a misunderstanding! “You will be thanking me later, Sica. This is the best for you. At least she has the brain to let you free.”

Jessica feels so angry to her cousin so she elbows him and stomps his feet, making his hold on Jessica loosen. Jessica turns to his cousin and yells,” You know nothing! Nothing good will happen to me if Taeyeon leave me! I am happy with her! If you really love me, you will leave me alone!” Jessica the quickly walks to her bed and took her phone. She calls Yuri for help. YoonYul have became her bestfriend after they announce their engagement. “Yuri! Where are you?” Ask Jessica when her calls is answered.

“I’m down stair in your home. Why? Has Taeyeonnie give the ring to you? She is so sweet isn’t she! She felt so guilty to ask your hand in marriage but hasn’t prepared the ring and she is extremely sorry for leaving you so often. She even works twice harder so she can finish all her work and stay with you until the baby born! She is so happy when she is talking about you and the baby! Wait, why is Taenggoo walks down the stair so fast and she look sad?” Yuri asks confusedly.

“Taenggoo is still here? Grab her! Don’t let her leave the house! We have misunderstanding because of my stupid cousin! She thought I don’t want to be her wife and breaks the engagement! Grab her, Yuri! Please! I can’t live without her! Bring her back to our room.” Jessica pleads

Yuri sighs and agreed to Jessica’s plead. “Fine. Stop stressing over this problem. Be careful with the baby.” Yuri looks at Yoona and gives her a telepathy message. Yoona nods her head and both of them run to Taeyeon’s direction and drag her back to the bedroom.

Taeyeon walk down the stair sadly andfelt her heart break in every step that she takes. Just when I want to tell her that my trip period is finish, this has to happen. Is it possible that I misunderstood her words? She said she loves me. Taeyeon shakes her head and chuckles sadly. No, Taeyeon. Stop making illusion. You heard yourself that she doesn’t want to live like that. Can I fight for her love again? Maybe she will change her mind if I tell her that I won’t leave for trip anymore? Yes, that’s true. Stupid Taeyeon. I should’ve fight back for my love. Right when Taeyeon wants to turn back, she feels two hands on each of her arm and she is being dragged back up stair. She looks at the culprit and frowns when she sees YoonYul. “Yah! What are you two doing?!” Taeyeon ask while struggling to get free.

“We are dragging you back to Jessica. She said that you and her have a misunderstanding thanks to his dumb cousin and she can’t leave without you.” Yoona says. Taeyeon break in to smile when she hears this. “Really?” “Yes, it’s true. But don’t you think you gives up so easy? I thought you love her so much?” Yuri half asks half reprimand her friend.

“I was going to go back to Jessica when you dragged me. And you will give up too if you are on my position. Yunho says that I am useless. I can’t protect Sica and irresponsible because I always leave her. He also said that he is sure that the companies getting so well because of you two’s hard working while I’m sitting lazily behind the desk. All his words are true. How can I stay strong?”

YoonYul’s expression turns dark. “That stupid man! He knows nothing about us! How dare he talk trash to you!” Yuri says angrily. Yoona nods her head angrily and knocks Taeyeon’s head hard. “You! Have confident in yourself! You are the brain of our company! Without your brilliant ideas, we won’t be this successful! And you shouldn’t hear what he said! You two love each other! Unless Jessica is the one that ask you to leave her, until then, stick close to her and love her! You made her pregnant so be responsible and take care of her for the rest of her life. Do you understand?”

Taeyeon nods her head timidly after being scolded by her ‘mom’. “Good!” Yoona says satisfiedly. She turns to Yuri with fire in her eyes and says,” No one live peacefully after hurting our family! He will feel our wrath!” Yuri smirks evilly and drags Taeyeon faster to the bedroom. “No one!”

Jessica ended the call and sigh in relief. At least she is still in the house. Thanks YoonYul. She turns to Yunho and glares icily. “I know you love me so much but you don’t have rights to say bad things to my fiancée. You don’t have right to look down on her. You don’t have right to ask her to leave me! You.Are.Just.My.Cousin!” With every word that she said, she jab her finger on Yunho’s chest. “You have crossed the line from the first time you insulted her. If she leaves me because of you, don’t ever come to find me anymore!” Right when she finish, the door opened, revealing YoonYul with Taeyeon in the middle. They throw Taeyeon on the bed and drags Yunho harshly out the room. Before they close the door, Yoona says,” Made peace and then made love.”

After the door closed, there’s a heavy silence. Taeyeon and Jessica looks down, both of them don’t have courage to look at each other.

Taeyeon snaps her head to Jessica’s direction when she hears Jessica crying. Taeyeon quickly engulfs Jessica in her embrace and her back comfortingly. “I’m sorry. You always cry because of me. I’m sorry for give you up without put up a fight. I’m sorry for being stupid. Yoong has knocked some sense to my head. I won’t leave you anymore no matter what other people says.”

Jessica’s cry getting louder and she hit Taeyeon’s back repeatedly. “Sob.. You are stupid! Sob.. How many times I have to say that I want you and only you on my side? Sob.. This is our first meeting after two weeks separated and you made me cry! Meanie! Huaaaa…”

Taeyeon peppering kisses all over Jessica’s face and whisper her apology repeatedly. “I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry Sica.. Don’t cry..”

After a while, Jessica calms down and snuggles her face on Taeyeon’s neck. She sniffs the scents that she missed so much and sigh contently. “I’m sleepy Taenggoo. Bring me to the bed.”

Taeyeon pick Jessica bridal style and put her gently on the bed. She lies beside Jessica and back hugging her because she knows Jessica needs it.

“It’s not that I don’t want to be your wife. I don’t want to be a lonely, bullied wife. I want to be your wife because I believe that you will always make me happy. I believe you won’t let me feel lonely and my hunch is true because Yuri told me that you decided to stop the trip and stay with me all the time. I want no one else but you, Taenggoo. I’m not regretting leave my career because for me, being with you is more important. Even if you didn’t ask me, I have planned to stop being a superstar anyway. Don’t ever think that all that happened are your fault. Being pregnant is also my decision. I’m happy to bear the child. Even if the child doesn’t have my blood in her, I’m happy to have the child in me, grow inside of me.”

Jessica turns around and pecks Taeyeon’s lips. “Remember, you never force anything to me. I did all of it on my own accord. Stop your useless guilty feeling and put more love for me.” Jessica sees Taeyeon smile lovingly at her and nods her head. Jessica returns the smile and intertwined their fingers. “Now the problem is finished, I heard that you have brought me a ring. Where is it? I want to see it.”

Taeyeon chuckles and pull two boxes from her pants pocket. She opens the first box and revealed a pair of ring with blue and light pink stone. “This is our engagement rings. I’m sorry for proposing you without a ring.” Taeyeon put the ring with a light pink stone on Jessica’s ring finger and kiss it. “I love you, Sica. Thanks for accepting my proposal.” Jessica smile shyly and put the other ring on Taeyeon’s ring finger. “You are welcome and don’t feel guilty. I don’t need ring as long as I have you.”

Taeyeon smile satisfiedly and open the second box. In it, there is a pair of ring. One ring have big diamond with small ones surrounding big diamond’s side while the other ring only have several small diamonds. “Because I want to give you the best ring, I choose this ring for you. “Taeyeon points at the ring with a big diamond. And because I love simple design, I choose that one. “Taeyeon points at the other ring. Taeyeon looks at Jessica and asks,” So, are the rings good enough?”

Jessica smiles gently and Taeyeon’s cheek. “I have told you, nothing is more important than you. I believe that you choose the ring carefully. I like it. Moreover, no girls can resist so many diamonds on their ring” Jessica then smile playfully at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon laugh happily and peck Jessica’s forehead. “I love you, Sica. Let’s get married after the baby born. Let’s build a happy family.” Jessica nods her head and looks at Taeyeon lovingly. “Let’s do it. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you too, Taenggoo.”

Taeyeon is back hugging Jessica once again and says mentally. Who knows that my dream girl since I was young will be my wife. Ah, what a great life. Thank you, God. I will cherish her for the rest of my life.

 

Meanwhile with YoonYul and Yunho..

YoonYul brings Yunho to a room where one hundred ahjumma that love Jung Yunho very much gathered. Yunho is a superstar just like Jessica. They put unconscious Yunho infront of the ahjummas and say,” Good afternoon, Pretty ladies. We are here to give you a great prize. You all know who he is right?” a loud Yess! Answer Yuri’s question.

Yoona smirk evilly and says,” We are going to have a game and the prize is a luxurious car.” The crowds cheer heatedly at Yoona’s words. “The game is simple. Right after Yunho-ssi wakes up, you have to catch him and find the key that we hide inside his body. Search very thoroughly! Understand?” All of them shout their answer eagerly. “Yess!!”

YoonYul smirk evilly and ask the bodyguard to pour water on Yunho. When Yunho stirred, Yoona shout once again. “There’s possibility that I hide it inside his underwear. Thirty minutes start from now!” YoonYul walks out the room and order the bodyguard to lock down the room until thirty minutes passed. “Don’t open it no matter what happen.”

YoonYul walks to their car with satisfied smile on their face and their smile getting wider when they heard Yunho’s desperate wailed. “Hahahaha…!! That’s what you get for messing with my family.” Yuri looks at Yoona that laugh happily and ask,” Are you really giving that car as the prize?” Yoona smirks and says calmly,” If they can find the key, I will give them. The problem is..” Yoona show Yuri a car key from her pocket and says innocently,” I forget to hide it inside Yunho’s body.”

After that day, Yunho traumatize to women and start dating men than woman. Three months after their daughter, Krystal born. They held their wedding. The building is decorated with half modern style while the other half of the building is countryside style. They want to reminiscing the memory of their first meeting. The meeting of country girl and the superstar.