Mrs. Kim

Chasing Dreams

Taeyeon tip toeing and stretched her head to look around the living room. Earlier, Taengsic couple has decided that they wanted to reminiscing their young days by playing hide and seek. To choose the seeker, they played rock scissor paper and Taeyeon lose so she is the seeker. Taeyeon squinted when she saw tresses of brown hair behind a couch. She grinned and walked slowly to her prey. Just when she wants to catch Jessica. Her phone blaring, startled herself and the prey. Taeyeon groaned then took out her phone from her pocket. She furrowed her brows when she saw her mother’s name. Taeyeon answered the phone while walking to the couch.

“Hello Um..” Before she could finished her greeting, her mother cut her.

“Kim Taeyeon, I am very disappointed! How could I know you are in a relationship from the magazine! Do you ever think how I will feel?” Mrs. Kim then sighed dramatically and sobbed. “Sob.. I think my daughter is not love me anymore. Huaaaa… Kim Taeyeon, if you are not come here in fifteen minutes, I will disappeared! Hmph!” Then Mrs. Kim ended the call without waiting for Taeyeon’s reply.

“Umma.. Umma! Hello?” Taeyeon could only saw her phone with a shocked expression. She grabbed her hair tightly and groaned.

Jessica saw her lover’s devastated groaned so she rubbed her back consolingly. She disentangled Taeyeon’s gripped and combed her hair gently. “What’s wrong? Is your mother alright?” Jessica hugged Taeyeon when she heard Taeyeon sighed. “Tell me, I will help you.”

Taeyeon burried her face on Jessica’s neck and mumbled,”My Umma is crying because I didn’t tell her about us. She said I don’t love her anymore. What should I do, Sica?” Taeyeon hugged Jessica’s waist and tilted her head to looked at her lover. She shows a wounded puppy eyes and said,”I didn’t mean to hurt my Umma. It’s because there are so many problems lately so I forgot.”

Jessica pecked Taeyeon’s forehead and cupped her face. “It’s alright, Taenggoo. Just apologize to her when you meet your mother. Do you want me to accompany you to meet her? When are you planning to meet her?”

“Actually, she gave me fifteen minutes to arrived at home or she will disappeared.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica widened her eyes and screamed,”Kim Taeyeon! You should’ve tell me sooner! We only have ten minutes now! Move your lazy and let’s meet your mother now!” Jessica stood up and dragged Taeyeon to the car. They entered the car hastily and drove with speed of light to Mrs. Kim’s house.

Taeyeon run to the front door and barged in to the house. She looked around the living room but she can’t find her mother. She run to her parents’ bedroom and find that it is locked. Taeyeon sighed because there is a hope that her mother is inside. Taeyeon knocked and called her mother. “Umma, are you inside? I’m sorry I’m late, there is a traffic jam on my way here.”

Mrs. Kim answered from inside her room. “Are you alone?”

“No, I bring Sica with me, Umma. Come on, open the door. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. Let’s speak like an adult, okay Umma?” Taeyeon tried to coaxed her mother.

“What?! Now you are saying that I’m acting like a child? First you disregard me now you insult me! Why don’t you go home! Aiggoo my fate, why do I have such an insensitive daughter huaaa…” Mrs. Kim wailing dramatically.

Taeyeon heard this so she groaned because her mother start over reacting. She opened want to scolded her mother but stopped when Jessica cupped . Taeyeon looked at Jessica questioningly.

“Let me talk to your mother. Obviously right now you are an insensitive child to her.” Jessica teased Taeyeon softly. She chuckled when she heard Taeyeon’s muffled whine. Jessica put her point finger on her lips as a silent order for Taeyeon to keep quiet.

Jessica released Taeyeon’s mouth then knocked softly on the door. “Mrs. Kim. I’m sorry for being disrespectful and not introducing myself sooner. I’m Jessica Jung, Taenggoo’s girlfriend. Is it possible for me to meet you directly so we can talk face to face? I heard that you are a beauty. If it’s not a bother then can I meet the Beautiful Mrs. Kim?” Jessica saw Taeyeon made a throw up motion when Jessica finished her talk. Jessica glared at her to make her stop.

The bedroom door clicked opened and Mrs. Kim poked her head out. “I wanted to speak with Jessica Jung only. The insensitive child could wait outside. Hmph!” Mrs Kim meronged at Taeyeon.

Jessica bit her lips to stopped herself from laughing. She bowed to Mrs. Kim and smile charmingly. “Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim. I’m Jessica Jung and you are really a beauty.”

Mrs. Kim looked at Jessica then smile shyly. She grabbed Jessica’s hand and pulled her inside the room. “Come in, Ms. Jung. We should talk more.” When Jessica has entered the room, Mrs. Kim slammed close the door and locked it once again.

Jessica looked around the room with fascination. Wow, how could a middle age woman’s room like this? Posters of game anywhere and there are console games from the oldest to the latest. When there’s a voice of someone clearing the throat, Jessica turned to the direction. She smile sheepishly at Mrs. Kim and apologized. “I’m sorry for being rude, Mrs. Kim. I never saw a room with so much games like this.”

Mrs. Kim nodded her head and asked Jessica to sit. “It’s alright. Please sit down. Because I like to play games on the floor, I don’t have any chair. Let’s sit on the floor.” They sit indian style face to face. “So, you are the girlfriend.” Mrs. Kim stated. Jessica nodded her head as the answer. “I know that my daughter is everyone’s dreamed partner. She is gorgeous, kind, and rich. I don’t care you are decided to be with her because of the money or love but if I found that you hurt Taeyeon, You will regret you ever born. Am I clear?” Mrs. Kim said in her serious tone.

Jessica looked at Mrs. Kim in the eyes and said firmly. “I love Taeyeon very much. I love her because of her personality not the money. I could care less even if she is poor. I won’t hurt her. I will make her happy. Please trust.”

“Hmm.. Good enough. Is this your first relationship ever?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Jessica lowered her head and shook it timidly. “No, I have date men before.”

“So you are not a anymore?”

Jessica gulped and felt sweat formed on her forehead. Oh my God, why should she ask that question? Jessica sighed defeatedly and answered,”No, I’m not. I’m sorry Mrs. Kim.” Ugh, she must be thought that I am not good enough for her daughter. What should I do? Jessica panicking inside her head but she snapped back when she heard Mrs. Kim laughed happily. Jessica looked at Mrs. Kim timidly and felt relieved because she didn’t seems mad, she looks happy. Jessica furrowed her brows and asked herself. But why?

Mrs. Kim nodded her head eagerly then patted Jessica’s back with a smile still attach on her face. “Good, that means one of you could lead the other. I know that my daughter is inexperience and I’m a little worried that she won’t felt how good life is if she got a partner that as innocent as her. So, have you two do it?” Mrs. Kim asked while scooting closer. There’s a mischievous smile on her face.

Jessica could felt all her blood go to her face because of the embarrassment. So this is how Taenggoo felt when my parents asked this question. Jessica shook her face shyly to answered the question. “W-we haven’t reached that stage yet.”

Mrs. Kim sighed in disappointment and said,”Aww, why are you so slow? Me and Taeyeon’s dad did it on our third date. You have been together for so long.. Wait.” Mrs. Kim looked at Jessica with a teasing smile and said,”Is it probably because you are lack of information about how to do it? Do you want me to teach you?”

Jessica’s eyes widened in horror and said quickly,”No no no… I am capable of doing it. I-I have look through some sources and found out the technique…” Why am I talking about this with Taenggoo’s mom?! Stress!! “I mean, I know enough to satisfied Taenggoo..” Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard what has said. Stupid mouth!! “I-I mean, I-I..” Jessica grabbed her hair out of frustration and groaned.   

 Mrs. Kim laughed heartily and said,” It’s alright. I have been young, I know how hot blooded youngster nowadays.” She turned her head when her door being knocked and Taeyeon called her name. “I think my daughter can’t hold her horse anymore. Let’s go out. Thanks to you, I have a very good mood right now.” Mrs. Kim opened the door and said to Taeyeon. “Thanks to your girlfriend I’m not angry anymore.”

When Jessica has stood besides Taeyeon. Mrs. Kim patted Taeyeon’s cheek and said,”You need to learn faster, honey. It is not good to leave your partner unsatisfied.” Jessica’s face red when she hear Mrs. Kim words, but she chocked on her spit when Mrs. Kim whisper,”I know my daughter is very delicious but you should eat real food so you could have energy to do rounds of game. You are too thin.”

Mrs. Kim laughed happily then said,”Go home, I want to rest now.” She turned to Jessica and smile mischievously leaving Jessica flustered and Taeyeon that looks lost.

“Sica, I don’t understand what my Umma said just now. Do you understand? And why did she whisper on your ear just now?” Jessica looked at Taeyeon and glared. “Don’t asked that question!” she walked to the car while mumbled to her self. Stupid Taenggoo! How could she is so innocent when her mother so ‘expert’. Ugh, stress!!