Choi's gravity

For Her Memories

“sooyoung, dear you look terrible” moonyoung, sooyoung mother said as she visit her daughter in her office. Sooyoung just sported a wry smile while scratching her head “you look like someone who stay awake 24/7… why didn’t you take care of yourself”

“I wish I can umma” sooyoung answered “but… the workload will pile up if I don’t do my job. You know I am a lazy person umma and since now I hold responsible of two company I have to change my behavior”

“but at least take rest sooyoung… please tell me you got enough sleep” her mother asked in worried tone

“um… is 2 hours sleep count?”

“what?! You only sleep for two hours? Choi sooyoung!” moonyoung glared to her daughter who now squirmed in fear looking at her pissed mother “you should know better to take care of yourself! What if you got sick? Who will take care of you then? What happen to the company you left?”

“s-sorry… I’m sorry umma” sooyoung pouted “but it’s still new to me… to manage my time for this kind of job”

“that is not a valid reason to not get enough sleep! You are the one who asked for this responsibility back there! You should have been ready to face the consequences sooyoung, or do you want to tell me that you blamed yuri for all of this? For your decision?”

“no! I’m not blaming anyone umma” sooyoung answered “it is my own fault alright… I just need time to get used to this kind of life” she mumbled “… and I’m sorry for making you worried”

“you better be sooyoung… you better be” moonyoung pinched the bridge of her nose “*sigh* just… take care of yourself…” sooyoung nod her head “at least you eat your food right?”

“um… you don’t have to be worried about that umma” sooyoung smiled widely “someone made sure I never skipped my meal”

“oh?” this was a surprise for moonyoung “your secretary?”

Sooyoung face palmed herself “no umma… that kid is still clumsy at anything but remembering my schedule”

“so~” moonyoung grinned “who is it? Who’s that person that been taking care my daughter?”

“excuse me, sooyoung are you-“ both mother and daughter darted their eyes toward the newcomer who interrupted their time together. The raven haired girl went silent when she saw there is someone else inside sooyoung room. The woman looked a bit older, yet her face looked youthful…

‘wait… she looked like sooyou- oh god… please don’t tell me that she is’

“so… this is kwon yuri” moonyoung elbowed her daughter

“yes umma… kwon yuri, this is choi moonyoung… my mother” sooyoung introduced her mother to the baffled girl who still standing on the door

“i… uh… n-nice to meet you aunty” yuri hurriedly bowed “i- I didn’t know that you are busy sooyoung… u-um, I think I will take my leave”

“now.now…” moonyoung giggled “don’t be like that, me and my daughter didn’t have any important thing to do so why not join us miss kwon?”

Yuri looked at sooyoung, trying to ask if it okay for her to stay… sooyoung just sighed and nodding her head “please miss kwon, you don’t need to ask my daughter… I am still her mother aren’t i? she will comply for whatever I said” the older woman giggled

“i… ah… I’m sorry aunty” yuri bowed again “i-if you like to… i- uh… I made some f-food”

Moonyoung blinked her eyes while sooyoung sighed, her mother is keen at guessing something like this… and the fact that they just talking about the topic itself will-

“I see… well if it’s alright then miss kwon” moonyoung giggled “I wanted to know how good your cooking is… maybe I will consider putting your name in possible in-law if it’s tasted good”

Yuri face turned red after hearing that, meanwhile sooyoung already preparing herself for non-stop teasing from her mother after this…

“h-here aunty choi” yuri placed the boxed lunch neatly on the sooyoung desk, the raven haired girl usually made two portion… one for sooyoung and one for herself. Because one portion now served for sooyoung mother, she and sooyoung decided to eat the remaining portion for two.

Yuri keep on glancing to sooyoung mother, looking for some reaction… any reaction whenever she eat her food. But the older woman is as calm as usual and that made yuri nerveous as hell…

‘damn it… t-this is the first time someone didn’t even tell anything after trying my food’ yuri thought

“yul… take some” sooyoung nudged yuri chopstick with hers “don’t worry about your food”

“b-but…” yuri glance at sooyoung mother again

Sooyoung sighed… she decided to took some rice on her chopstick “here, open wide”

“h-huh?” yuri looked at sooyoung, baffled of what the taller girl trying to do

“if you want to watch my umma eat your food then I will feed you” sooyoung stated “open up”

“a-alright”

“oh… am I looking at my own daughter now?” moonyoung voice startled both yuri and sooyoung, even more for yuri who is nervous “how sweet of you dear… you never even feeding someone else before, if it comes to food you always for yourself… miss kwon is quite lucky aren’t she?” she giggled, looking at how red sooyoung and yuri face are ‘ah… to be young and in love’

“u-um… aunty, h-how’s my food taste?” yuri decided to ask

“huh?” moonyoung tilted her head “… don’t tell me you waiting for my comment miss kwon?”

“umma… just answer her, no need to tease” sooyoung frowned at her umma childishness. It’s always like that whenever she get a chance to tease sooyoung in front of someone else

“alright.alright… no need to defend your girlfriend like that” moonyoung giggled “it is good miss kwon… I liked it, no wonder sooyoung never skipped her food”

Yuri smiled widely hearing that, it was a relief to heard that- ‘wait a minute!!! That mean…’

“sooyoung… I gladly bless you if you decide to marry miss kwon” yuri mouth opened widely, surprised hearing what sooyoung mother just said

“umma… we aren’t even couple” sooyoung sighed

“oh? I was assuming that miss kwon is your girlfriend since she took liberty to cook for you, I guess I am wrong” moonyoung smiled softly to yuri “please forgive this old lady miss kwon… It’s just been long time since someone cared for my daughter so I began to assume things happen between you two”

“i-its alright aunty choi! I-I’m sorry for shamelessly doing things like this” yuri bowed her head

“please miss kwon, I am quite happy knowing that there is someone took care of my sooyoung” moonyoung chuckled “although… you carry yourself with such nervousness in front of me, like a girl who facing her future in-law”

Sooyoung face palmed herself again hearing her mother comment about yuri… meanwhile, the raven haired girl mind blanked, too much teasing for one day for kwon yuri.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

“you sure you don’t want to make the first advance sooyoung?” her mother asked her. Poor yuri already got back to the sarang corp since it’s already past the lunch hour. Moonyoung decided to stay because it’s rare to see her daughter and she intend to keep sooyoung away from work for a bit

“… yuri is still confused umma” sooyoung answered while looking at the city of seoul from her office “a part of herself already letting go the past… but the other half still refused to took the step out from her false world”

“so you intend to wait till yuri got her answer?” sooyoung nodded her head “you know, what I saw from her… yuri is already fall for you dear, eventhough she still refusing to accept her own feeling. You need just a push sooyoung”

“and what umma?” sooyoung asked back “I wont forced her… beside, I decide to try again… just trying”

“like what you do with yoona?” moonyoung shook her head “dear… you will only hurt yuri if you yourself is still unsure to give your heart to her or not”

“i… know” sooyoung lowered her head “… but, it’s different umma. I couldn’t feel the same excitement with yuri… my heartbeat didn’t skipped a bit… I do feel happy, but it is because I am glad that yuri changed for the good”

“… it is different from taeyeon?” moonyoung asked her daughter “is yuri a boring companion? Did she never done anything special for you sooyoung?”

“yes, it is different… but yuri is not a boring person… and-“ sooyoung looked back to her mother “she did something special umma… a simple gesture yet special”

“then why did you compare her with taeyeon?” sooyoung body tensed “if you looking for the same experience you could only get from her then try to learn how to bring the dead back” moonyoung harshly stated “but you must understand sooyoung, in this world no one is the same… even a twin have different personality. Yuri is not taeyeon and taeyeon is not yuri… both of them have their own good point and bad point, if you couldn’t get the feeling where your heartbeat skipped then don’t wait… initiate it sooyoung, who knows… maybe you get what you want”

Sooyoung sighed… she realized her mistake now. Back there, when she’s still with yoona she also comparing the young girl with her deceased girlfriend… she shouldn’t do that… and maybe her story with yoona will be different

“okay… that’s enough for one day lecture from your umma” moonyoung raised from her sofa “visit me sometimes sooyoung… and please bring good news”

Sooyoung chuckled “I will try umma”

“and remember… take care of yourself” moonyoung kissed her daughter forehead “you grown to be a fine woman… I am proud of you my daughter”

“oh please umma… that’s so unlike you to praise me”

“what? I cant praise my own daughter?” sooyoung and moonyoung giggled

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

yaaay, yuri meet her in-law i-i mean sooyoung mother!
okay here is bad news... this week friday update might be postponed, sorry T_T i need to get some research material for my thesis... so i decided to update now, hope you all wouldnt throw brick toward me :D please? D:

on side note's... there is so many of my countrymate now at my college xD although they are much more younger D: i felt like being surounded by bunch of kids (help!)

kay... thank you for those who read this author note xD i know i'm just rambling here... nevermind me :D see ya!