The day they changed

For Her Memories

At that time, somehow the sun successfully hides itself and rain come without any warning in the weather forecast. Like a mock for the tall girl, the world telling her that it is fine to cry today, of all those painful day she spend alone before meeting taeyeon. Today, the world hinting her that it will conceal the precious tears that sooyoung rarely drop.

Because today the one that found her amidst of the seoul sea people, the one who truly accepting and appreciate her from the bottom of her heart, has left her. Today, her girlfriend, kim taeyeon is being buried beside her twin sister, hyoyeon.

The taller girl who tried so hard to maintain her composure, finally break down to tears when she saw taeyeon coffin. Frantically shouting her girlfriend name, as if she wanted to call her back from dead. A couple of girl, taeyeon friends was holding her down now, trying to suppress the girl who lost herself at the reality.

She cant accept this yet, they still have a long road together… they promised so many things… and this is what happen?

Just two days ago… they meet with each others before parting, for a while, when taeyeon went to the US with her twin sister to visit their relative.

It becomes a good bye for good…

Still in the same place, not far away, the same exact things happen. It was tall black haired girl, doing something like choi sooyoung do. Although not causing the same uproar as sooyoung, who at that time in just in front of the deceased coffin, the black haired woman also being held down by her older brother and a couple of her school friends.

“LET ME GO!!!” she screamed, a scream that pierced the heart for those who hear it. A scream that they never thought to hear from a 18th years old girl. A scream of loss, agony, regrets… a sad, tearful one. Such scream that one’s only accumulated from the loss of someone they loved for years…

Such impossible scream that now they hear coming from a high schooler instead of the family of the deceased who look very composed in front of the people attending.

“KWON YURI!!!” her brother shouted “calm yourself down now!!!”

“…G-GOD DAMN IT!!! LET GO OF YOUR HANDS, ALL OF YOU PIECE OF ” yuri still struggles, trying to escape from the hand’s who hold her down far away from her beloved coffin “I WANT TO SEE HER, LET ME GO!!!”

At that instant, her older brother slapped her cheek, hard enough it made the girl frozen in silence. This was the first time her older brother had done it and it was really painful, both physically and mentally for her…

“I’m sorry yuri… but I cant let you go there if you keep on screaming madly like that” her brother said in calm tone while yuri still frozen in her spot, hand caressing her own left cheek who was burn painfully “if you are calm enough, I will let you go now… promise me you wouldn’t cause trouble for her family”

The tall girl looked down, hand still rubbed the same spot where her brother just slapped her. For a moment of painful silence passed by, yuri then nodded her head slightly and then stepping forward, getting through the sea of people who still looking at her…

She looks like a dead doll… lifeless…

People was expecting more commotion since now the two girl, who lost their girlfriend are in the same place, side by side, in front of their deceased girlfriend… but no, yuri is nowhere to even yelling like she was couple of minute ago, nor that she is in verge of crying…

And a sudden realization hit her brother that time… he had made a big mistake, slapping the heartbroken girl in that state. Unlike the much taller girl beside yuri, who still shouting and crying, she’s like a dead statue. She just gazing toward the coffin and stay silent all the time of procession till finish, where they already buried them…


Eventhough both of them was just meter away from each other, both of them didn’t even had a slightest clue about one another identity. And just like the last time when both of their girlfriend want to introduce them to each other, today too, they didn’t get the chance to do it…

And that sad day fly away, just like that…

It took yuri no time to be able to come in realization that whatever she do now wouldn’t bring her hyoyeon back…

While sooyoung  need a whole week of crying her heart out before realizing how stupid of her doing things like this, crying wouldn’t be an option her taeyeon want to see from her…

And so… weeks passed by… kwon yuri became school famous ‘A’ student who always had good grades and won several science competition, in the end of her schooldays she even secured a scholarship in Switzerland. Her ‘trouble maker’ name is gone in an instance…

While it is a good change, somehow yuri isn’t the same anymore… she became secluded, she cast away all her friends and always seen alone, accompanied by books.

Choi sooyoung, the school nerd also change… somehow she become more outgoing, she befriend many in her last days of high school. No one ever realize that the tall girl had a way with words, that she was gifted at socializing with other people. She earned respect from many students in just short amount of time. She was able to laugh wholeheartedly with others, and those are something that taeyeon rarely seen.

It was a good change, yet somehow she developed a bad habit of too bit adventurous which lead her to school detention. She sometimes just gone from class and spend her time outside of school when she already understand what the teacher want to teach.

That’s when the title ‘rebellious’ came and bestowed upon her…

And yet, she still able to graduate from high school at second place….