The person who live in the past, the person who living the present life...

For Her Memories

For all she ever knew in her life, there is no other things that can compare to the feeling of hurt when her twin daughter died years ago. since that day everything is not the same anymore. Her husband that became workaholic, rarely spend his time at home and she whom became lonely without hearing the voice of her daughters usual bicker getting nearly insane of herself.

But she slowly recovered by herself, she picked several hobby and things she could do in her spare time to put her mind off from everything that had been happen on her life.

On the march 9 however, she always go to the final resting place of her daughters. Two tombstone that much more cleaner than any others and she knew why. It was her two daughter girlfriend, they are the reason why this two tombstone was clean, much more than any others here.

Usually she spot her eldest daughter girlfriend, the tall choi sooyoung. Eventhough the relation of her and sooyoung could be say severed by the death of her eldest daughter, the tall girl still constantly visiting her for no reason. She is grateful though, she fond of her after all… and seeing the tall girl positive change made her more happy.

Today though, she found the other one… the girlfriend of her prankster daughter. That raven hair still as black as she could remember, already reached down to her thigh. She rarely seen her but she did remember, after all, both of her daughters girlfriend is exceptional on their own right.

She could see from the distance that kwon yuri is talking things toward hyoyeon tombstone, like telling her stories. She couldn’t help but realize how that raven haired girl longing stare on her eyes, it was like yuri still couldn’t move from the spot where hyoyeon left her… she’s still trapped on her past.

She decides to call her, it is rare to meet her like this anyway and she could talk to yuri to see how is this girl life, after her daughter left.

“kwon yuri” the young girl looked sideways and surprised to see her. Yuri bowed a bit and then straightens her posture “aunty… it’s been long”

The older girl chuckles “yes… it have been years doesn’t it?” she dropped two bouquet of flower to each of her daughter tombstone “time sure flies fast… how’s life treating you?”

The young girl frown “have been seeing things better” while looking at hyoyeon grave “I am sorry I never had time to visit you aunty”

“I know… and it’s quite fine yuri. Is it still hurts thinking about it?” she asked

“… yes” yuri muttered

“I see… will you able to walk forward by yourself then?” yuri stares at the older woman, questioning the meaning behind that sentences she just asked her

‘walk forward by myself?... it is as if she asked me…’ “what do you mean aunty?” the raven haired girl asked back

“she means will you able to left things behind from the past” another voice which the elder kim know well. Choi sooyoung appeared with a big smile on her face, bowing her head to the older woman “hi aunty”

“sooyoung” the older woman smiles “it is as sooyoung said yuri, will you able to left the past behind?”

Yuri face tensed, she looked toward hyoyeon name on the tombstone and then closed her eyes “I don’t know aunty… I never found any reason to drop my past behind me” she then opened her eyes “excuse me then… I will be on my way” she bowed and walked away, leaving the two behind

“sooyoung” the elder kim called her “can aunty ask something to you?”

Sooyoung tilted her head “yes?”

“bring an end to yuri unreasonable self torture… can you do that for me?” sooyoung stared at the older woman a bit… then she looked away to taeyeon tombstone

“aunty… will it be fine?” sooyoung asked back “I am not taeyeon who could solve anything if she wants to… even if I can, doesn’t mean yuri will let me”

The older woman let a laugh out “oh my… choi sooyoung, where the confidence gone?” she then grab sooyoung right hand “sooyoung, listen to me…” sooyoung nodded “there is a reason why the both of you couldn’t meet with each other when they still live, I don’t know what is it but I do feel guilty for yuri… the death of my daughter affected her too much and since you are the perfect example  you can teach her how to let the past go” the older woman smiled “please? At least you can promise this old woman to try”

“…” sooyoung let a sigh, as troublesome as this thing are she couldn’t simply reject it “alright… I’ll see what can I do” she then let her hand go and bowed before run down trying to catch up with the raven haired girl

“who knows that maybe you both needed each other” the old woman chuckles “taeyeon… hyoyeon, help them”

………………………………………………………………………………………….

“hey! Kwon yuri!”

Yuri looked back and see sooyoung calling out to her. She stoped walking and wait for the taller girl to catch up with her “wow… I never knew it was that damn tiring to run from there” sooyoung wipes the sweat on her forehead “ah yeah, I just wondering if you are free now? Maybe we could spend time together”

Yuri scoffed “no, I am already late for a meeting with some higher up of a company sooyoung. I don’t have free time today” yuri looked at the tall girl who frowned “I’m going” yuri stated

“ah… yes, sorry to call you out like that” sooyoung says and the raven haired girl just waved her right hand while still walking away. “that girl is hard toward herself” sooyoung spoke “oh lady luck, if you still loved me, then please make me meet that girl again” she ponders “on the other hand… don’t make me sick just to make her come, kay?” she looked to the sky and giggled “I cant believe that I just speak like that”

……………………………………………………………………………………….

Kwon yuri walked toward the designated place where she will met with the head of human resource department of a big car company in seoul. as she now work in Korean insurance agency, it will be very beneficial for her company if she could secure a deal with them.

“huh! To think that a woman now being entrusted to be the head of Korean Insurance Agency, looks like she’s just a disgrace in this field” the bald man scoffed “still immature, I guess being young made her thinks that she already rule the world” she could hear the rant of that man eventhough she’s still outside of the place. She looked at the nameplate of the place and realize it was a café. She sighed, why did they agreed to come to a place like this?

She decided to come in, saving her secretary from any lash or harsh words.

“maybe, but in a small scale” she said, her words seems startled the man who was on his rambling. In that instaneous moment, after the man seeing her, he seems became quiet. Her secretary looks relieved to see her. By the look of the cell phone on her hand, she just called her… she mentally yelled to herself because she forgot to activate her phone… again.

“ah… I believe it’s miss kwon yuri?” the man bowed slightly and yuri do the same, for making the man waiting in such important meeting where she was the one proposed first. It is quite rude, yes she know it, yet she can’t be in time for reason and it is stay like that for years already.

“please accept my deepest apology mr. han, for making important man like you waiting” yuri says, although her face still remains expressionless, cold demeanor, and yet her unrealistic beauty cover it up. “let us began then?” she asked politely

“a-ah, sure miss kwon. By all means”

………………………………………………………………………………………

By the time all the needed agreement is written and signed by yuri and the man named han, her secretary, seo juhyun or yuri usually call seohyun sighed in relieve. Even after two years working under the girl named kwon yuri, the feeling of nerve wreck still bug her.

‘please don’t do any important meeting at this date again’ she prayed.

“then I will wait for your delegation to come and explain all that the insurance of your company cover” the man says to her boss, shaking her right hand “pleased to have this meeting with you”

“it is the same mr. han” her boss voiced “see you again in the future”

When the man leave the café, seo juhyun sighed again… but now she is sighed because of all the annoyance from that man is no more “unnie… please don’t make any important meeting at this date again, it’s really unpleasant for me”

Yuri didn’t respond, instead she just re-checking the paper she just signed. From top to bottom, she re-read it all and while reading she sometimes slurping her mocca whom seohyun ordered for her.

‘… she never listen to what I say’ seohyun though and sighed again ‘I sighed too many times since working with her’

“seohyun” yuri called her and seohyun almost jumped in surprise “yes unnie?” she answered while wondering what is wrong now ‘I hope it is not about the agreement’ seohyun prayed

“order two more cup of this mocca for me, one for take out and one to be drink here”

Seohyun blinked in surprise, she know her boss liked to drink this but as her secretary who served her mocca, she knew yuri never took more than two glass per day. Now she just tell her to order two more, after emptying the first cup… ‘is she really liked this café mocca?’

“seohyun?” yuri asked the younger girl who still in daze

“ah, yes unnie… right away”

‘… be prepared to walk here from workplace everyday seo juhyun’ seohyun told herself, realizing what it means by all this

……………………………………………………………………………………

When yuri payed for all their orders, she was confused when the cashier girl says ‘it’s on the house’ to her. She refused to get all of their order as free, for all she know she never want anything free from anyone else. She didn’t want to owe someone else…

“um… please wait for a bit, I will call the owner to explain” the cashier says and yuri just nod her head, waiting for the owner of the café while seohyun just shook her head in disbelief looking at what happen in front of her now.

“I thought I already told you, when you come here you can order anything and it will be on the house kwon yuri” yuri sighed in annoyance when she saw her, the blonde girl, in front of her. “or… don’t tell me you didn’t come here because you know that this is my café?”

Yuri nod her head “so this is yours…”

Sunny chuckled “didn’t you know of my café name from the card I gave you?”

“nope… didn’t remember it” yuri simply said “then all of our order is free?” sunny nodded “I see, thanks sunny” she bowed “and gave my compliment to the barista that made my mocca, it is delicious”

Sunny smirked “wait, you could tell her by yourself” sunny then turned around and told something to the cashier girl. The young girl nod and run to the pantry “just wait a bit, she is calling the person who made that mocca now”

Yuri stares at sunny, wondering why she wanted to bring the said barista out. ‘it seems I forgoting something I shouldn’t forgot from this place?...’ yuri ponders

“yah! What now lee sunny?!” the loud voice that came made yuri realized the thing that she shouldn’t forgot from the place that sunny own ‘choi sooyoung… that girl is working here’

“oh?” the tall girl looked at yuri and then smirked “thank you goddess of luck!” and shouted that, making even seohyun surprised “kwon yuri! My oh my… and you said you didn’t have free time”

“I told you I have meeting with some higher up sooyoung” yuri stated “it’s just a coincidence that the place of our meeting is here”

Sooyoung nodded her head while sunny now began to think to upgrading the interior of her café, seems that after Jessica jung who are one of top executive of big company, kwon yuri too comes here for business deal… well at least she could make a VIP table? Yeah, that could work on sunny budged.

“so… where is that higher up person?” sooyoung asked

“we already settled the agreement” yuri stated

“ah, so NOW you are free” sooyoung smirked and yuri  regretted saying what she just say earlier. “oh come on, it’s not hurt to spend some time with me you know… since the last time we meet we never have any chance to talk to each others anymore”

Seohyun looked to the tall girl whom very persistence and then to her boss, then back to the tall girl again and back to her boss ‘what is this person relation with yuri? Seems there is something between them’

“…fine” yuri said and sooyoung smiled “seohyun, you could go home for today” yuri said to her secretary “as you see, I have something to do with this persistence woman”

“hey! I heard that!” sooyoung shouted

sunny giggled seeing the two of them while seohyun trying her hard to not laugh in front of her boss ‘seems this tall girl could make yuri unnie more relaxed?’ “okay unnie” seohyun bowed to her and left the café

sunny ushered yuri and sooyoung to take a table and said that anything they ordered will be paid from sooyoung pay, which made the tall girl mouth agape, never thought that her best friend could do that to her

“so… what do you want to talk to me?” yuri said, half expecting the conversation will lead to her past with hyoyeon or anything related after the death of her girlfriend

“hmm…” sooyoung leaned back to her chair while closing her eyes “let see… why don’t you tell me what you had done after graduating from Switzerland”

Yuri didn’t expect sooyoung to ask about that, nevertheless she still expect that somewhere in the conversation sooyoung will direct it to ‘that’ sensitive topic, one that she never been spoken to anyone.

……………………………………………………………………………….

To say yuri was confused is expected, because even after 2 hours of time she having conversation with sooyoung, the taller girl didn’t even said anything about her deceased girlfriend nor asking about anything related to her.

Yuri had enough of it, she felt that she is being played by sooyoung “hey, when will you ask about ‘her’ to me?” yuri asked while glaring to her. Sooyoung tilted her head, confused on why the raven haired girl said that

“um… I’m sorry, I didn’t understand what you mean yuri” sooyoung said, making yuri who hear it scoffed. “you think I will believe that you just want to have a simple conversation with me choi sooyoung? I know you wanted to gave lecture about my life or what seems to be problem that everyone think they know about”

Sooyoung who just stared at her began to giggle, and then her giggle became laugh which made yuri narrowed her eyes, looking at the taller girl that still laughing in front of her “oh my god yuri… you thought I will preach you about things so private like that easily? What do you think I am? A missionary? No, yuri… I wont preach someone else wound that easily… and since we both are nothing but acquaintance, it made more sense for me not to preach that topic”

Yuri was beyond confused now “then… you really did want to have simple conversation with me?” sooyoung nodding her head “… why?”

“because…” sooyoung showed her genuine smile “I want to be your friend yuri… we both have the same related past, we have similarities with each others. Well, having one more friend in your list wouldn’t hurt right?”

Yuri caressed the temple of her head, the girl in front of her is really hard to be read and whenever yuri though she already grasp what sooyoung wanted, the tall girl proved that yuri is wrong. And yuri really hate to be wrong.

“fine, choi sooyoung… just do whatever you want” yuri surrendered, she never been good with persistence people. ‘I mean… come on! I already gave her cold shoulder, unresponsive and hardly talk back to her and yet she still coming back for more. This kind of people will keep coming even if I say no’

Sooyoung smirked looking at yuri now ‘well… I have to give my thanks to tae, all the things she had done to me, I couldn’t believe I can do it to yuri’ she smirked ‘yuri must have headache, I know how it feels… hahahaha’ she remember how she felt when taeyeon keep coming back to meet her even after sooyoung stated clearly that she didn’t want to meet taeyeon anymore.

“man… I am sure I will hate sooyoung if she do that to me” sunny says quietly after seeing what happen with the two of them “and I don’t want to know whatever sooyoung plan to do” she shook her head, it will be troublesome if she is dragged… sunny had enough problem as for still trying to ask hyomin to be her girlfriend.

…………………………………………………………………….. 

if you thought that there's similar moment in this chapter, and i can say congrats for remembering. there is a moment in this chapter that i already wrote in couple of chapter back as a 'future' moment. 

this chapter is intended to be an update for yesterday, BUT the dorm internet is down for a whole day yesterday... the result? well it became today update and seems it is longer than usual update i dont know why...

so... enjoy!