door to the past, another door to the past

For Her Memories

“so… ever since then you are working as manager in that café?” sooyoung mother asked

“yes umma… it’s just for one year top” sooyoung answered, her fork bring the finely cut meat steak toward . The 4 of them, sooyoung step father, her mother, and Stephanie her step sister are inside one of fanciest restaurant in town. Dinner together is rare for this family, its been like that ever since sooyoung could remember.

Tonight special occasion is for congratulating her on graduating and getting her bachelor degree.

“then you still want to see the world?” her step father asked “you knew you could ask me for money if you need, right?”

Sooyoung smiled “its okay father, I manage it. I actually have it covered already, I had been saving since long ago”

“where do you want to go first youngie?” Stephanie, whom the parents knew rarely addressing sooyoung in anything, now asking question. Both parents look at each other in silent, wondering if something happen between them recently

“I’m going to maroco first probably” she answered “some of my old acquaintance on WHO is there, and I could learn something new too”

Stephanie smiled, a smile that sooyoung said could melt anyone… a moon-eye smile. “you wouldn’t ever stop learning something new eh?”

“of course not” sooyoung answered almost instantly. Now both parents was lost, hearing their daughters talking to each other and yet they are happy to see them became closer “well… maybe when I already old or something”

“hahahaha” the red haired girl laugh “don’t forget to find someone along the way alright? Or you will grow old surrounded by cats like aunty margy in states”

“definitely no…” sooyoung waved her fork “cats, no. well maybe dogs”

“that’s not better youngie!”

……………………………………………………………………………

Im yoona, tall girl who was very much the epitome of beautiful in sooyoung university days isn’t a person who fragile, womanly and courteous. No, back when the two of them still known as ‘eating monsters’ sooyoung and yoona pretty much destroying their beautiful image by showing that they can eat as much, if not more than any gluttonous overweight boy.

Heck even when they do that, many girl felt jealous to their nicely shape body. Like there is a bottomless pit inside their stomach where all the food they eat is gone and never affected their weight, at all.

But now, im yoona who sat in front of sooyoung was different then what she can remember. How she took a small bites over her hamburger and not just chomping half of it down or when she just eats the fries one by one and not gulping many of it in one go, sooyoung was wondering what made the tall friend of her change.

“no… don’t ask please” yoona, as if she know what on sooyoung mind, answered. “it was embarrassing and I don’t want to tell you unnie”

“… okay?” sooyoung just continue to devour her own burger “but… you know, it is still amazing how can you become this… um… civilized”

Yoona laughed nervously at her unnie comment “what? Am I that bad?”

“no yoong… we are more than that bad back there. I mean, if someone can say it in front of our face… well, the whole college might call us cave girls” sooyoung answered “we practically destroying our own girl image. You are the most bad on it, I mean how can it be possible that you beat the boys when it comes to lifting heavy box” sooyoung reminiscing the time when they are cleaning the club room “you know how embarrassing they are right? To be beaten by lanky girl like you no less”

Yoona laughed, now it was longer than before. She do still remember that time “oh god unnie, I know right? They were pretty much complaining for the girls to not helping them lifting anything after that happen”

“yeah” sooyoung scoffed “you practically hurt their pride” sooyoung paused, taking a short glance toward yoona who keep on eyeing her “now… what do you need of me yoong?”

Yoona stop eating her fries, she pout her lips “cant old friend call each other for talk?”

Sooyoung shook her head “yoong… I know you better than all. You know where I work, if you just want to talk you will pester me there. Instead, you call me at the break hour to have lunch with you” she smiled faintly “just tell me… I am not going to mad or anything yoong”

Yoona fidgeted under sooyoung gaze “I just… wondering, is there someone new in your life now unnie?”

A pause… silence for almost a minute. Sooyoung just stared at the younger girl blankly. And when yoona became uncomfortable after saying that, she heard sooyoung soft laugh “oh im yoona… I cant believe it. Do you want to tell me that you still have those feeling toward me?”

Yoona meekly nodded her head “i… honestly don’t know why unnie”

Sooyoung shook her head again. Im yoona, the epitome of beautiful herself still had the silly crush she have to her. After their meeting 3 years ago, the younger girl admit to her that she likes her. They both tries to be a couple at first, in sooyoung case she just want to help the younger girl realized if what she feels is just admiration to her, while in yoona case, the more she spend time with the taller girl, the more she felt comfortable with her.

Too comfortable that she couldn’t erase the feeling at all

“I told you before yoong, and I will told you again… my true love is gone and she takes half of my heart with her, now how can I have someone if I just have half of love I can give to them?” sooyoung giggled “yoong, don’t… just stop now, I don’t want to hurt you. There is so many people in this world that is much better than me, you just had to find one yourself. I am not someone that you can give your all fully, because I already complete” she gave a pat on the younger girl head who now facing down to the table “you are good girl yoong, and good girl like yourself deserve anyone better than me”

“but…” yoona tries to say something but just swallowed it down when she saw sooyoung eyes, there is something she couldn’t explain about that gaze but yoona understand… what sooyoung said to her was final “…okay unnie, I understand”

“good… it is better that way yoong, trust me” sooyoung looked at her watch “time to go back, make sure you drop by sometimes at the café okay?”

“yeah unnie, I will” yoona gave a small smile ‘at least I still can see you’

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Sunday comes, just like ordinary Sunday for sooyoung she will be at the café, which is not so crowded compared to any other days. Reason? Because people would likely resting on their home, or refreshing to someplace and café is not on that list obviously.

Her number of co-worker who work at this day also down to half of them, the reason of course sooyoung wanted them to enjoy Sunday too, after all they are still youngster who need refreshing every now and then.

The bell on the door chimed, a costumer appears. It seems that 4 person, important person? By the look of the suits they wear, it was expensive bunch.

“a table for 4 please” the young girl spoken “and I need to see your manager”

The maid who head it blinked her eyes “y-yes, I will call her” she bowed and dashed toward manager office after showing that 4 people their table

“unnie!” she yelled after opening the door, surprising sooyoung “there’s someone asking for you”

“wait what? Did any of you break something again?” sooyoung asked and the girl just shook her head “right… why would they asked me if you break something anyway” she laughed and walked out from the office

“ah! Unnie, here!” then she saw yoona who now waving her hand, calling her. She shook her head in amusement watching yoona childish behavior

“yes miss, anything I can help?” sooyoung courteously said, which made the younger girl giggled

“I just wanted to introduce you to the people I work with unnie” yoona says and introduced her co-worker. Then, she stopped by the time it was the turn of a blonde pale girl that sat beside yoona “um… this is actually my boss unnie”

“oh?” sooyoung managed to say “thank you for coming, my name is choi sooyoung… as you can see I am the manager in here, nice to meet you miss?”

The blonde girl looked at her, the longing in her eyes made sooyoung wondering if she knows her. “choi sooyoung…? Sooyoung of hwang family?” the blonde stated

“oh? Did you… know of me miss?”

“sooyoungie… did you forget me?” sooyoung tilted her head while yoona just stared confusedly to her boss “it’s me, Jessica jung”

“sica? Is it really you?”

And yoona could swear she felt fire burning on her heart, knowing how close the two of them just by the name they called to each other…