Calm Before Storm

For Her Memories

“taeyeon told me once…” the tall girl shifted her gaze from food that lining on the table to the short friend of her. Eventhough she love food more than anything, the mention of her deceased girlfriend name still jolt her up till now

“told you… what sunny?” she asked when sunny still deciding whether is it fine to talk about her deceased friend, which turn out to be sooyoung girlfriend. Sooyoung never mentioned her so sunny wasn’t so sure if sooyoung will be comfortable or not with this conversation “yah, it’s fine” sooyoung smiled “I might know something that I never knew, so just tell me the story”

Sunny pouted a bit, still unsure about it… but looking at sooyoung expression made her decide to tell the tall girl “it just something that I realize after knowing that you are her girlfriend soo” sunny tilted her head “but… you know… you really changed huh”

Sooyoung laughed a little “is that a compliment?”

The short girl shook her head, smiling at how the tall friend of her react “you really changed”

“and why did you say that?” sooyoung frowned “I mean… people do change at some point in their life, right?”

“well… let me tell you this… there is one time when me and taeyeon got in a serious talk about a type of person we like. And that popular friend of mine…” sooyoung giggled when sunny say that but sunny just ignore it and continue telling the story “…say ‘I attracted to the quiet person of the room. The one you need to make efforts for them to speak their thoughts’… at first when hearing that you are her girlfriend from hyomin, I remember that words she spoke to me and realize ‘yeah… the one that match those category in high school is sooyoung’ but, when I see you now, it is impossible for taeyeon to even like you”

Sooyoung snorted, holding her laugh while her short friend now pouted even more after she hear that snort “and why is that?” sooyoung asked, still suppressing her laugh

“… because now, you are just like her soo. You radiates so bright that everyone attention will only going to you, you speak your mind whatever the situation you in, you can keep the conversation going even if you only meet with other people in second, and you are so persistence that there is no ‘no’ word whenever you decide doing something” sunny huffed, eyes still at her tall friend wondering how this person can change this much “… it’s because taeyeon, right?”

Sooyoung smiled faintly, her right hand reaching toward sunny hair, touching it “your hair reminds me of her” sunny was taken aback, hearing those coming out from sooyoung “but there’s ton more of thing that keep reminds me of her in this world… ah! And yeah sunny… it’s because of her”

She retreated her hand from sunny hair “is it… bad change? Am I losing myself? Drowned in sorrow… no, sunny… it isn’t like that at all” sooyoung eyes changed, there’s a longing yet determined look coming from those stare “I change because I realize, the me that I was back there is the one that keep her own problem for herself without telling anyone, even lied to her own girlfriend… I’m not always showing my happy side when I am with her but I always hide my pain whenever we are together. I never have the chance to tell her why I am like that because I’m afraid…” sooyoung paused for a while, closing her eyelids for a second before re-open it again “afraid that I will lose her… yet, she still stay… she never pried on my problem but still keep me happy whenever we are together”

She throw her gaze up, to the restaurant red ceiling “that’s why… if I keep on being like that, the old me after she’s gone… how can I respect her memories then?” sooyoung laughed, a soft laugh yet a little bit sad “that’s why… I learn how to live my life to the fullest! So whenever she look at me, watching me from the heaven she will smiled, proud of me.”

Sooyoung turned her attention to sunny again “that’s why, sunny, why you will never find the old nerd again now” both of them laughed, sooyoung still even crack a joke in a situation like this “anyway, if what you told me is right then I think she just want to molest that kind of girl, because you know that kind of girl never gonna ask help from anyone”

Sunny laughter grow louder “that’s taeyeon for you!”

“… yeah, she’s a ert alright”

“ms. Choi, this is the special menu that you ordered… is there anything else?” a tall and young waitress arrived, putting the said special menu on the table. It looked like a table packed with food, maybe half of the menu, are served on there. As the regular costumer in the restaurant though, sooyoung behavior is well known by the manager and waitress, even the chef in this restaurant

“ah… it’s fine by now, I will call again if we need something” sooyoung told the young waitress who still amazed seeing their table, full of foods, wondering how this two could eat all of it later knowing they have small body like that

“…ah, y-yes… please enjoy the food” the young girl blushed when her gaze found sooyoung eyes. Just a short stare from sooyoung and the girl already feeling giddy

When the waitress finally retreated, sunny slapped her friend on her shoulder “yah, why did you flirt on her?”

Sooyoung looked at sunny with questioning look “and what make you think I’m flirting? Huh lee sunkyu??”

“… forget it” sunny start eating “you know… I wouldn’t be surprised if the waitress will give you her number”

The tall friend of her giggled “if it that easy, then people would start calling me Casanova now”

Half hour later

“h-here your card ms.choi” the young waitress gave sooyoung credit card back “thank you f-for dining at our place. Enjoy your night” the girl bowed and then vanished, returning to her post

“see… it’s not that easy” sooyoung said to her short friend “oh yeah? Then what is that white tissue then?” sunny piqued, her finger pointed at the white tissue enveloping sooyoung credit card “open it and you will know” she says to sooyoung

When they already out of the restaurant, sooyoung opened the tissue and found a message there which made her almost laughed, not because it’s cheesy but because she know this was indeed a teenager doing

‘to ms. Choi…

 I just wanted to say how beautiful you are this night… but I can’t do that when I’m working…

 Ah, I know this will come out weird but… is the blonde your girlfriend? If not, then please give me a call… we can go watch movie or eat dinner or maybe…um, maybe even eating ice cream while watching river hand is fine…

This is my phone number xxxxx-xx-xxxx-xxx please consider it ms. Choi’

Sunny was literally in verge of big laughter if she’s not holding with both of her hands, reading that really remind her of a high school student love letter for her crush “see! I told you” sunny managed to say after sooyoung silence for a while, still holding the tissue while the both of them walking toward sunny car

“… this is so weird” sooyoung scratch her head “I mean… how old that girl is?”

“dunno” sunny say “might as well as give the poor girl a call and told her you didn’t like her though”

“hey! She didn’t even say that she like me in here” as if trying to waking up sooyoung from her dense, sunny gave a smack on sooyoung head “yah! Why did I get that?”

“you even asking me now?” sooyoung still massaging her head as sunny asked back… “yeah, I am asking” sooyoung challenged

“why you…” sunny huffed “what kind of girl writing this kind of letter to someone if she’s not liking them or at least interested? You dense giant”

“…oooh!”

“now you ohh me??? Seriously???” sunny glares to sooyoung and sooyoung just meronged at her


It was Saturday morning when hyomin surprisingly appeared and suddenly asked sunny for a date dinner.

And that’s why now the short boss of sooyoung caused clumsy problem that she rarely do, like dropping a plate or breaking a mug of coffee.

“seriously” sooyoung muttered, still cleaning the stains of coffee on the floor “and hyomin just asked her for dinner…” ‘but… then again this is the first time that hyomin doing that bold move… of course sunny will be baffled like today. Haaaah, now I have to babysit her…’

“sooyoung unnie” her young co-worker called for her “yes.yes, coming” she walked toward the counter “what is it?”

“I think you should bring sunny unnie home now… I bet she need a long preparation” the young girl giggled “don’t worry about the store, we will take care of it”

Sooyoung patted the young girl head “that’s so considerate of you” sooyoung paused a bit “hmm… is everyone okay with this?”

The young girl nodded “everyone is okay with it right?” she called her co-worker from the pantry “just take her away before she broke anything else noona!!” one of the worker shouted, which made the others laughed a bit.

 “thanks then, don’t go home late kay”

“yes unnie” the girl smiled back “drive safe!”

“yah, say that to sunny!” sooyoung shouted from the hallway toward sunny office

“oh? What is it soo?” her short time asked when she saw her walking into the office “problem out there?”

Sooyoung shook her head ‘love is really something’ “the only problem this shop have now is you sunny, so I will get rid of it”

“y-yah! Why are you pushing me!?” sunny shouted as she is now being pushed by sooyoung from her office toward the front door “it’s not even break time yet!”

Sooyoung chuckles, messing with the short girl hair as she says “you need to be perfect for tonight dinner… so just shut up and follow my instruction”

sooyoung already think about where she need to bring sunny, for preparation of her dinner date with hyomin. this short friend of her is really clumsy about things like this, sooyoung even know that sunny didnt have any night dress nor make up necessity... not even a girl jewelry beside those childish rabit earring she wear on her ear now.

but that's sunny. eventhough hyomin also know how sunny is, sooyoung cant let a chance for sunny to impress her crush gone just like that...

she need everything to be fantastic for hyomin to stare only on sunny... even if its just for tonight.

"choi sooyoung!" a loud boom called her name, sooyoung looked at sunny if she's calling her "not me, i just being pushed by you here"

sooyoung looked back and feels how she litterally looked back to her past...

her painful past...


enjoooy the update! sorry i have hungover yesterday and cant write any... my head hurts a lot...

so... guess what sooyoung see here *smirk*

anyway... see you guys when i see ya... *bows*