What she left behind

For Her Memories

Sunny know sooyoung for almost 3 years, since they start talking on high school day. Graduation just around the corner and just like other students, sunny also cant wait to be graduated and leave the school.

It was coincidence when she met sooyoung at headmaster room when she was assigned by her homeroom teacher to deliver some paper there.

“lee sunkyu, bring miss choi to the detention room… and make sure she got there”

That was the headmaster order and sunny cant say no…

“… you do something?” sunny starting the conversation, unable to bear the silence when they walking through the school corridor toward the detention room “although… there’s only two people been sent there by headmaster before, you are new to this school?”

“… 3rd year student, class XII A, choi sooyoung” sooyoung stated to sunny “I am here for 3 years already… but well… as I thought, no one ever remember me” sooyoung laughed and sunny started to distance herself from the tall girl “ah, I’m not gonna eat you or something sunkyu”

“… guh, what with that language?” sunny muttered while looking at the tall girl “you say you are choi sooyoung? Where’s your glasses then? I know her, well… maybe not in friendly term but I know who she is. The school nerd, big glasses, long sleeves, long skirt, ponytail hair… and you are nowhere to that”

Sooyoung giggled “ah… I see. So that how people remember me” she then pull out a card from her wallet and show it to sunny. It was her student ID, and sunny surprised looking at it “why… how did you get this? This isn’t yours”

“… gah, why midget always doubting everything”

“yah! Who do you call midget?” sunny shouted, earning sooyoung pat on her head “yah!!! Don’t pat other people head so randomly!”

“choi sooyoung” sooyoung stated again, now offering handshake “pleased to be your acquaintance miss lee sunkyu”

“… gah, you didn’t even listen to me” sunny grabbed sooyoung hand “and call me sunny! I hate those sunkyu name… and I still don’t believe you to be that nerd sooyoung”

Since that time… for almost 3 years, sunny life interwited with the tall girl. Befriend her like it was something natural to happen since they meet daily. For those times, never been sunny saw sooyoung so terrified…

Let alone looking down while there’s someone calling on her…

‘this is weird’

“sooyoung…” a girl called her friend who still frozen, she has a red hair, beautiful face that looks like mixed Korean. Somehow though sunny feels that this girl know sooyoung, or very close to her.

“sooyoung, look at me” the red haired girl stepped forward, closing the gap “sooyoung… it’s me, Stephanie…” and she just stopped right in front of the tall girl “i… I had been looking for you, why didn’t you go home?”

Sooyoung hands trembling and she still looking down, somehow her confidence is gone instantly when she look at this girl in front of her

“sooyoung…” the red haired girl called again with a soft tone “please answer me…”

“… go back”

“eh?” sunny and that red haired girl managed to say the same word when sooyoung speak that

“… go back from where you come… don’t ever come again…unnie” sooyoung turned around and dashed, leaving sunny and the girl she called unnie behind… baffled and confused of her behavior

“s-she… s-she hates me” and the red haired girl broke down to her knees, crying, making sunny even more confused of what happened


Sooyoung father passed away when she’s just 6 years old kid who confused why is everyone crying in front of her father picture, why her mother pass out twice that day, and why so many people told her to stand strong and took care of her mother.

When she’s 7 years old, her mother married again with someone named jim hwang who have a young daughter that one years older than her.

She saw how her mother began to recover to her old self and her new father can made her happy again. So why she should protested with her mother decision?

Her new sister turned out not liking her much, they rarely talk but its okay for her, at least her new sister still responds to all her question with a short answer

When sooyoung turned 10, her sister change and began to abuse her. But she chooses to be silent and never told anyone about it, not even her mother or her new father, uncle hwang. She didn’t want to destroy her mother happiness and break this family of hers.

The cheerful person turns into someone that chooses to evade crowd, secluded herself and hard to make friends. She hides all her bruise and wounds from her sister abuse under a long sleeves shirt and long skirts. She choose to not make any contact with other people because she didn’t want them to know what happen to her

For over 5 years since then, sooyoung got abused by her sister… until taeyeon found her…

From that time, sooyoung started to voice her mind toward her sister… somehow, her sister started to distance herself from sooyoung.

It was then, at that time sooyoung started to belief that her sister will never bug her anymore…

And yet… she found her again

After 6 years gone by…


“…”

“…”

It was painfully silence in sunny room after she bring the girl sooyoung call unnie here. Sunny absolutely don’t know what to do or even ask to this girl, after what happen earlier outside.

“…sigh” a small sigh escaped from sunny lips, somehow predicted that this will eventually lead to sooyoung problem… as her friend, she didn’t want anything happen yet she now help this girl… this red haired girl…

As if she heard and looked at sunny troubled expression, the crying girl straighten her posture, wipe her tears away and finally spoken “i-I’m sorry… for troubling you”

“eh…? Ah its okay”

“no… I feel like I’m troubling your plan with sooyoung just now… I’m sorry” the red haired girl keep on saying sorry till sunny had enough hearing it

“…can I ask something?” sunny say to the girl who now looking through her office window, that day was so bright, plenty of sun and the calm wind sometimes blowing… “um… s-sure, what is it miss?”

“… you cant be sooyoung sister, yet she calls you unnie” the red haired girl expression change, somehow saddened by sunny words “ah… it’s just sooyoung never mentioned that she has a sister before… and that girl never use honorific even toward woman older than her”

“…I’m her step sister, my name is Stephanie hwang”

“… what???!”


i believe no one will be surprised or something.... mianhe~

but yeah... this is only begining of sooyoung 'past' problem that she afraid to mention to taeyeon...

...maybe some of you could guess how this will turn out for sooyoung since i hint it in early chapter of the fic...

anyway... enjoy this update before the next update, which painfuly have to be delayed for couple of days because i will have class already in monday...

so, see ya ^^ *bow*